Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Confession time - Play off winners 19:15 - May 27 with 3444 viewsdavman

Aside from Clint Hill, Jamie Mackie, Richard Dunne, Chief, Danny Simpson and Shaun Derry I really did not like our Play-off winning team that much. The feature on the website reminded me that Rob Green was an over paid unnecessary goalkeeper, Bobby Z did nothing at all in a QPR shirt aside from THAT winner and the goal against WBA and that I am in the minority about Charlie Austin - great player for us, but not that like-able.

Barton can do one, SWP was useless, Traore was just odd, Krancjar and Benayoun were just "meh", Assoit-Ekotto felt unnecessary, then there was Doyle, Aaron Hughes, Ravel Morrison, Jermaine Jenas, Johnson, Will Keane, Maiga manaaged by the Uber Tosspot in Harry Redknapp.

Am I alone?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Confession time - Play off winners on 15:05 - May 28 with 477 viewsconnell10

Confession time - Play off winners on 14:33 - May 28 by Northernr

A brilliant, brilliant day. And to see Clint Hill walk up the steps for us, after what happened to him at Tranmere, was genuinely emotional.

Agree though, disliked a lot of that team and the manager. The whole second half of that season was a complete ball ache. Once McClaren left they played themselves out of the automatic promotion spots that they should have been able to seal with their eyes closed, and there were some fcking dire games at Sheff Wed, Blackburn, Brighton, Bournemouth and elsewhere in the run in where we basically had a disparate collection of loans and waifs going through the motions earning a fortune.

Fun game to play is naming the squad members who didn't even make the matchday squad for the final. We had about £30m of payroll sitting in the stand that afternoon..

Will Keane
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Ale Faurlin
Yossi Benayoun
Little Tom Carroll
Benoit Assou Ekotto
Julio Cesar (out on loan)
Jermaine Jenas
Andy Johnson
Mobido Maiga
Luke Young
Matt Phillips

Jermaine Jenas truly awful player , but he seems to have done alright for himself.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024