Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tillies v Lionesses match thread 06:38 - Aug 16 with 11167 viewsHooparoo

The rivalry continues. Feel a bit conflicted as I want Chloe Kelly to do well (but not too well) šŸ˜‰
Both well matched so wouldnā€™t be surprised if itā€™s ET and pens again.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 13:12 - Aug 16 with 2074 viewsizlingtonhoop

Great stuff!
šŸ‘šŸ™ŒšŸ‘šŸ™ŒšŸ‘šŸ™Œ
Tillies v Lionesses match thread (n/t) on 13:12 - Aug 16 with 2074 viewsHAYESBOY

They don't like it up them down under. Matron.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2023 13:13]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 13:14 - Aug 16 with 2055 viewsngbqpr

Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 13:07 - Aug 16 by Superhoops2808

Also think she should be on the bench. Toone has proved her worth in my opinion

Agreed.

That starting 11 really clicked today.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 13:14 - Aug 16 with 2051 viewsHooparoo

Well done England. Deserved to win and the Matildas just not good enough.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 13:19 - Aug 16 with 2002 viewsJamesB1979

Great to see. Amazing what a difference a good manager makes.
Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 13:27 - Aug 16 with 1944 viewsRs_Holy

Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 13:14 - Aug 16 by Hooparoo

Well done England. Deserved to win and the Matildas just not good enough.

great game ... hard luck Australia! you guys won the Ashes and the net ball
Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 13:31 - Aug 16 with 1913 viewsBushRanger82

Well done, the girls!
I said before the game, they beat the Aussies, they'll beat the Spanish in the final.
Sure of it.
Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 13:33 - Aug 16 with 1907 viewsMick_S

I canā€™t wait and I wonā€™t wait.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 13:34 - Aug 16 with 1902 viewstraininvain

What a performance from the Lionesses. Hitting top form just at the right time. Hemp looks unplayable. Felt a bit sorry for Kerr, she didnā€™t deserve to end up on the losing team.

Stevec et al, are you not entertained?!
Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 13:35 - Aug 16 with 1898 viewsed_83

Complete performance from England, that. Controlled the game superbly, took the sting out of the crowd in the first 30 minutes, superb organisation at the back, beautiful skills and clinical finishing when it mattered, then just the right amount of sh1thousing to see things out.

And my word, Lauren Hemp. What a player. Incredible combination of pace, skill and tenacity. She scrapped for everything, was so strong on and off the ball, and then had so much quality for all three goals. To deliver that comprehensive a performance in a World Cup semi-final is something else.
Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 13:38 - Aug 16 with 1884 viewsSydneyRs

Wiegman the master coach, what a controlled and composed performance. Really took control of it and quietened the crowd. Aus had their chances , brilliant goal by Kerr, but England were clinical.
Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 13:50 - Aug 16 with 1830 viewsdenhamhoop2

Fantastic from England today a tactical masterclass from Wiegman to also do it in The Convicts backyard is just a sweet cherry on the top of the cake. Lovely seeing all the Steve Smith impersonators in the crowd and to do it whilst playing 12 women makes it even sweeter
Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 13:56 - Aug 16 with 1812 viewsSydneyRs

Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 13:50 - Aug 16 by denhamhoop2

Fantastic from England today a tactical masterclass from Wiegman to also do it in The Convicts backyard is just a sweet cherry on the top of the cake. Lovely seeing all the Steve Smith impersonators in the crowd and to do it whilst playing 12 women makes it even sweeter

Assume you are referring to the ref and totally agree, gave us absolutely nothing. In fact I've noticed during the tournament Australia seemed to get away with a lot of fouls and physical stuff.
Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 14:20 - Aug 16 with 1722 viewsFDC

I do enjoy watching this team play, some great performances, Hemp has really grown as a player from the games I watched in the Euros. In general it looks like to me from the matches I've seen at this world cup that the game has become quite a lot more physical?

From the highlights I saw of the other semi-final Spain look a very neat and tidy team, much like the men's team, could be a big test.
Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 14:23 - Aug 16 with 1706 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 14:20 - Aug 16 by FDC

I do enjoy watching this team play, some great performances, Hemp has really grown as a player from the games I watched in the Euros. In general it looks like to me from the matches I've seen at this world cup that the game has become quite a lot more physical?

From the highlights I saw of the other semi-final Spain look a very neat and tidy team, much like the men's team, could be a big test.

Spain are young and energetic but not close to being ready for a final IMO.
England have the experience and the coaching to pull off an incredible double which is historic and these girls will be legends forever.
Its coming home
Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 14:28 - Aug 16 with 1685 viewsSydneyRs

Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 14:20 - Aug 16 by FDC

Hemp is deceptively quick and so clinical. Excellent player.

It should not be forgotten that England have just basically schooled the hosts, who are not a bad side, with several key players not at the tournament.
Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 15:07 - Aug 16 with 1550 viewsSnipper

Imo, Sarina Wiegman is a much better tactician than Gareth Southgate.
Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 15:25 - Aug 16 with 1486 viewsPhildo

A word of praise also for Lucy Bronze who I thought was fantastic and hard as nails.
Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 15:27 - Aug 16 with 1477 viewskensalriser

Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 14:28 - Aug 16 by SydneyRs

Hemp is deceptively quick and so clinical. Excellent player.

It should not be forgotten that England have just basically schooled the hosts, who are not a bad side, with several key players not at the tournament.

Hemp's on a higher plain.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 15:44 - Aug 16 with 1431 viewsFDC

Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 15:25 - Aug 16 by Phildo

A word of praise also for Lucy Bronze who I thought was fantastic and hard as nails.

She always looks excellent to me. Also Daly on the other side of the defence had a great game. They looked pretty rocky defensively in the first game against Haiti, but have sorted it out over the tournament and were really solid today.
Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 16:01 - Aug 16 with 1376 viewsPaddyhoops

Brilliant performance. Hope they go all the way. Assist for third goal was sublime.
Wish we had someone of that ability.
Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 16:28 - Aug 16 with 1299 viewsBedford_R

Lionesses. Pride. Feast on Sunday...

RMH_R Reborn

Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 16:56 - Aug 16 with 1228 viewsMick_S

They just donā€™t stop and will not give in. Itā€™s fantastic stuff. Just one more, please.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 17:57 - Aug 16 with 1124 viewsSuperhoops2808

Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 08:04 - Aug 16 by stevec

Havenā€™t been watching it but I get the vibe that the quality of this tournament has not been particularly good.

Media seem almost compelled to contrive some drama as thereā€™s not a lot to say about the football.

My biggest fear if we win today is theyā€™ll be a totally unjustified clamour for a public holiday should we go onto win the tournament.

This level of sport to me is comparable to the curling at a Winter Olympics. Iā€™d be pleased for them but letā€™s not get carried away.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66524191

There you go, you can relax now, your wish has been granted
Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 19:10 - Aug 16 with 1001 viewsRanger_Things

Tillies v Lionesses match thread on 08:04 - Aug 16 by stevec

Havenā€™t been watching it but I get the vibe that the quality of this tournament has not been particularly good.

Media seem almost compelled to contrive some drama as thereā€™s not a lot to say about the football.

My biggest fear if we win today is theyā€™ll be a totally unjustified clamour for a public holiday should we go onto win the tournament.

This level of sport to me is comparable to the curling at a Winter Olympics. Iā€™d be pleased for them but letā€™s not get carried away.

Havenā€™t been watching it but blah, blah, blah, blah, blahā€¦
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024