Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sack the board?? 12:43 - Mar 19 with 8929 viewsPikey

I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong but the chants of sack the board seem a little suicidal.
Surely if the board go then the monthly cheques of £1.8m cease. Therefore players cant be paid plus we enter administration with a points deduction that surely will relegate us.
Let's hope the board do not take the advice and up sticks.
Sack the board?? on 10:44 - Mar 20 with 1705 viewsQPR_Jim

Sack the board?? on 07:28 - Mar 20 by Wegerles_Stairs

The problem with the owners is they have delegated the running of the club to the wrong people. Whether that was Beard and Hughes or Les and Ramsey, if you put any business in the wrong hands, the results are going to be disastrous. Oh for an owner like Jim Gregory who was hands-on and close enough to the day-to-day running of the club to know when to act if something was going wrong.

I was reading that our current chairman barely turns up to games. That's just not acceptable.

The reason why I'm against the owners (and I understand the meritorious nature of the monthly payments) is that I have zero faith in them ever getting things right. So surely someone else, anyone else, is worth a shot.

I don't think that's a hard and fast rule, our more recent previous owners were hands on initially and made a hash of it until stepping back and letting someone else (Amit/Ishan) look after the day to day.

I do wonder whether the absentee owners and or the image of having rich owners contributes to the players thinking that they can come here and take the p*ss.
Sack the board?? on 10:52 - Mar 20 with 1664 viewsderbyhoop

It will be OK because the fans will put their hands in pockets to the tune of £1.8m per month.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sack the board?? on 10:57 - Mar 20 with 1635 viewsCamberleyR

Sack the board?? on 14:08 - Mar 19 by QPR_Jim

Frustrated kids or copying Everton's fans protests?

I notice the Everton lot have gone a bit quiet since Dyche took over and started putting a few points on the board.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sack the board?? on 10:58 - Mar 20 with 1629 viewsessextaxiboy

Sack the board?? on 10:52 - Mar 20 by derbyhoop

It will be OK because the fans will put their hands in pockets to the tune of £1.8m per month.

Exactly , it a ridiculous thing to say ,
However I do wish they would be more decisive and demanding in preserving their own cash .
Sack the board?? on 12:12 - Mar 20 with 1533 viewsEsox_Lucius

Sack the board?? on 10:58 - Mar 20 by essextaxiboy

Exactly , it a ridiculous thing to say ,
However I do wish they would be more decisive and demanding in preserving their own cash .

As long as that doesn't involve them saying "Fück it, we've had enough of it" pull the plug and put us into administration, or worse still receivership to recover some small amount of their investment by selling Loftus Road.

The grass is always greener.

Sack the board?? on 14:25 - Mar 20 with 1384 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Did Richard Reilly shoot an albatross?

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/richard-reilly-joins-qpr-board-110222/
Sack the board?? on 14:40 - Mar 20 with 1339 viewsTheChef

Sack the board?? on 14:25 - Mar 20 by Wegerles_Stairs

Did Richard Reilly shoot an albatross?

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/richard-reilly-joins-qpr-board-110222/

This guy is clearly Midas in reverse.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sack the board?? on 16:43 - Mar 20 with 1181 viewsSakura

Sack the board?? on 14:12 - Mar 19 by mikechaj

Every club has its brainless supporters - we are all disillusioned with the pathetic performances which the players have put in for 50% of the last three seasons and this current run is as bad as I’ve ever seen and my first game was in 1968.
These short sighted idiots have as many brain cells as the people who bought a place on the Costa del Sol, voted for Brexit then couldn’t believe it when they found out their freedom of movement had been curtailed to 90 day periods. So let’s sack the board and kill the club. Brilliant.

If by "sack the board" they mean sack Les and Hoos then i am all for it

The owners, all they can do is pay the cheques. They do that to the max. There is no additional budget if we swap the owners. If we chase out the owners then best case is that our budget stays the same. But it's more likely the budget would get even smaller and substantially so

Also, as the owners have sunk millions into the club already and are doing so right now we are going to have to find a buyer willing to factor all that in to the purchase price for a club who's prospects right now isn't great and with FFP the process out is a difficult one

We do need better alternatives in than Hoos, Ferdinand and a new scouting team.

3 pages in and not a single coherent argument made for why replacing the owners would be a good thing. I suspect the sack the board chanters are about as thick as those who voted Remain and don't understand the wisdom in, 'better a bad government than a good king', not that Ursula von der Leyen is even a "good king" or that the far right wing governments likely to be voted in to Germany (AFD) that comes with an economic depression in the years ahead are likely to be any better in the years ahead. Those brainless Remainers will never understand things like that...
Login to get fewer ads

Sack the board?? on 18:25 - Mar 20 with 1068 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sack the board?? on 10:52 - Mar 20 by derbyhoop

As I understand it, even by stumping up the money to cover previous incompetence, we’re still destined to get a walloping from the FFP sh1tty stick.

If so, sometimes something has to die to be reborn again. QPR is insolvent and we don’t have the means to get out of it and I doubt the owners will keep funding it forever. So maybe the nuclear option that needs/is going to happen, is for QPR to go into administration and we start again without the current owners allowed anywhere near it.

Who knows anymore? It really is totally up in the air.

Sadly.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sack the board?? on 19:32 - Mar 20 with 983 viewsdistortR

Sack the board?? on 10:30 - Mar 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

David Stockdale said he saved his career.

Go on then. How did David Stockdale say he'd saved Gareth Ainsworth's career?
Sack the board?? on 19:38 - Mar 20 with 974 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sack the board?? on 19:32 - Mar 20 by distortR

Go on then. How did David Stockdale say he'd saved Gareth Ainsworth's career?

What a cunning linguist you are 😆
Sack the board?? on 19:44 - Mar 20 with 956 viewsBoston

Sack the board?? on 22:16 - Mar 19 by stowmarketrange

By digging downwards to allow a stadium to accommodate 25k we would be especially vulnerable to flooding whenever it rains.And where would you like to move to for the 3(?) years the rebuilding would take to complete?

Don't think flooding would be an issue these days. But, I believe Anfield's pitch is lower than the surrounding grade, as is Charlton's, sure there's many more, don't think they have water table problems.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sack the board?? on 19:53 - Mar 20 with 947 viewsSonofpugwash

Sack the board?? on 19:44 - Mar 20 by Boston

Don't think flooding would be an issue these days. But, I believe Anfield's pitch is lower than the surrounding grade, as is Charlton's, sure there's many more, don't think they have water table problems.

Probably then would find LR is built on an ancient burial site or plague pit hence The Curse.
I'm sure you've all seen Poltergeist?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024