Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
new stadium 22:43 - Mar 13 with 29875 viewsdigswellhoop

if Linford cristie stadium not an option do a spurs buy all properties around stadium
new stadium on 18:33 - May 2 with 3262 viewsG_Ottershaw

Dropped off this thread for a while, apologies, didn't realise how big an athletics track really is.
new stadium on 18:35 - May 2 with 3253 viewsloftboy

new stadium on 18:33 - May 2 by G_Ottershaw

Dropped off this thread for a while, apologies, didn't realise how big an athletics track really is.

It’s always been 400 metres!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

new stadium on 18:45 - May 2 with 3198 viewsdubaistu

Weren't the fans asked to pay for signage and a lick of paint in the bogs, we haven't got a pot to pi$$ in!!
new stadium on 18:57 - May 2 with 3145 viewsG_Ottershaw

new stadium on 18:35 - May 2 by loftboy

If i bothered to look up the actual measurements before posting...
new stadium on 19:10 - May 2 with 3104 viewsdmm

new stadium on 18:35 - May 2 by loftboy

Wasn't it 400 yards when we were kids?
new stadium on 19:46 - May 2 with 3013 viewsswitchingcode

new stadium on 14:26 - May 2 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Dimensions

QPR pitch = 102m x 66m
World Athletics 8 lane 400m athletics track = 176.91m x 92.5m not including adequate surrounds.

I enjoy a good rebuild Loftus Road thread. With modern requirements and regulations, particularly evacuation, circulation and knee room and all the others, plus neighbour impact on those around us I would be highly sceptical about getting even a 15,000 capacity back in a complete rebuild. No matter whether we dig down, place on stilts, steal South Africa Road, or hover in the air above Loftus Road like a mothership. It isn't going to happen. It is ridiculous.

The capacity any new stadium needs to be depends on whether the club has aspirations of being in the Premier League. To sustain a PL team over time you seem to need at least 30,000 - 40,000. Big grounds get full in the good times if there is sufficient catchment population. You hang on to some of those supporters in the bad times. If we can only ever accommodate 15,000 home fans the thing will never add up. Bournemouth and Brentford can never generate enough cash to stay long in the PL these days, and nor can we.

We have to move.

If Brentford’s new stadium had double the capacity 36000 it would generate an extra 15 million a season and that’s if they filled it which they wouldn’t.This is a small percentage of the 110 million + tv money brings in ,income from gate money for most PL clubs apart from the top 6 plays a small part in their survival.
new stadium on 20:02 - May 2 with 2945 viewsCamberleyR

new stadium on 19:10 - May 2 by dmm

Wasn't it 400 yards when we were kids?

440 yds

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

new stadium on 20:51 - May 2 with 2842 viewsjoe90

I know increasing the capacity at Loftus Road is out of the question but is not possible to remove the restricted views from SAR, Loft End and Ellerslie Road?

There must be a way of removing the pillars? They’re not a sophisticated structure!
Login to get fewer ads

new stadium on 21:20 - May 2 with 2763 viewsCamberleyR

new stadium on 20:51 - May 2 by joe90

I know increasing the capacity at Loftus Road is out of the question but is not possible to remove the restricted views from SAR, Loft End and Ellerslie Road?

There must be a way of removing the pillars? They’re not a sophisticated structure!

They weren't even a sophisticated structure when the SAR and SBS were built in the late 60s/early 70s as cantilevered stands were in existence then most notably the North Stand at Hillsborough and the Alex Ferguson (North) Stand at Old Trafford which were both originally built for the World Cup. Putting pillars in them to support the roofs was the cheapest option.
[Post edited 2 May 2023 22:06]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

new stadium on 21:46 - May 2 with 2697 viewsjoe90

new stadium on 21:20 - May 2 by CamberleyR

They weren't even a sophisticated structure when the SAR and SBS were built in the late 60s/early 70s as cantilevered stands were in existence then most notably the North Stand at Hillsborough and the Alex Ferguson (North) Stand at Old Trafford which were both originally built for the World Cup. Putting pillars in them to support the roofs was the cheapest option.
[Post edited 2 May 2023 22:06]

Good bit of info.

I think there are things we could do to improve Loftus Road, but I imagine it’s probably not seen as a worthwhile investment.
new stadium on 08:11 - May 3 with 2441 viewsRs_Holy

new stadium on 21:46 - May 2 by joe90

Good bit of info.

I think there are things we could do to improve Loftus Road, but I imagine it’s probably not seen as a worthwhile investment.

Apologies… I’m going into broken record mode…

https://www.michaeldrain.com/project/qpr-stadium-loftus-road
new stadium on 08:38 - May 3 with 2335 viewswombat

new stadium on 08:11 - May 3 by Rs_Holy

buying the school would help with the land we have toi play with and bigger deeper double tier stands would prob increase the capacity to 22/24k but ita a big if ,

does anyone know if a feasabilty study has even been done on closing south africa road to traffic on a perm basis ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

new stadium on 08:50 - May 3 with 2310 viewsSonofpugwash

The only practical solution seems to be shrinking the players and spectators.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

new stadium on 10:40 - May 3 with 2174 viewsLazyFan

We have to move on from Loftus Road, mentally and physically.

Also, some people forget that a new stadium is not just season tickets alone; external football events also generate a decent amount of income.

True, never as much as PL TV rights, but it's not for that alone, its for when a team is outside the Champ, then you need it as outside the PL is never enough. A new stadium also is under infrastructure (just like our training ground) and, therefore not under FFP. This also ensures the owners don't get cold feet and run off as they have sunk even more costs into us now.

We need a new stadium, that it.

zzzzzzzzzz

new stadium on 11:22 - May 3 with 2123 viewsBAWHoops

This design is pretty much my point.

Stanley Bowles & Ellerslie capacity reduced in order to put in more corporate boxes.

Fans won't like it, but it's essentially our only option.

It requires massive commitment from the owners though and proper schmoozing of the council.
Will never happen

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

new stadium on 11:28 - May 3 with 2115 viewsKerryE

The only problem with that design is that we are keeping the existing floodlights
new stadium on 12:11 - May 3 with 2016 viewsjoe90

It's a nice design but can't see us ever getting the planning permission for that, particularly the Ellerslie Road stand, just isn't enough room.

There are elements of it we could use to upgrade some of the stadium. As I mentioned, I'd explore options to remove the pillars/obstructed views.

Our most realistic option does seem to be leaving the area. Sad as it would be I really can't see us staying in W12.
new stadium on 14:04 - May 3 with 1826 viewsQPR_Jim

new stadium on 12:11 - May 3 by joe90

It's a nice design but can't see us ever getting the planning permission for that, particularly the Ellerslie Road stand, just isn't enough room.

There are elements of it we could use to upgrade some of the stadium. As I mentioned, I'd explore options to remove the pillars/obstructed views.

Our most realistic option does seem to be leaving the area. Sad as it would be I really can't see us staying in W12.

It might work if it were on the SAR stand and school end. We could rebuild the SAR and school end with reduced away capacity on the lower tier of School end accessed from ER. The boxes could then be the upper tier of School end accessed from SAR stand and entrances. If the school were to move as well you could have a big bar and catering area behind their for home fans/members and linking to the hospitality areas.
new stadium on 14:20 - May 3 with 1773 viewsenfieldargh

new stadium on 11:28 - May 3 by KerryE

The only problem with that design is that we are keeping the existing floodlights

looks like they sent a treefella up to remove the trees growing out of the LR stand roof.

Dear Mr & Mrs Elerslie Road householder. You know that big blue structure running along your back garden fence? Well we intend to make it another 60 metres higher....ok with that?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

new stadium on 14:59 - May 3 with 3377 viewsPlanetHonneywood

new stadium on 10:40 - May 3 by LazyFan

We have to move on from Loftus Road, mentally and physically.

Also, some people forget that a new stadium is not just season tickets alone; external football events also generate a decent amount of income.

True, never as much as PL TV rights, but it's not for that alone, its for when a team is outside the Champ, then you need it as outside the PL is never enough. A new stadium also is under infrastructure (just like our training ground) and, therefore not under FFP. This also ensures the owners don't get cold feet and run off as they have sunk even more costs into us now.

We need a new stadium, that it.

Agreed.

We were going great guns for a while when it was the KPFS, and then it all seemed to unravel when we announced a return to LR.

Why don't we just: rename it; give it a lick of paint; change the floodlights, do something with the club shop, and just pretend we've rebuilt it?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

new stadium on 15:00 - May 3 with 3365 viewsSonofpugwash

new stadium on 14:20 - May 3 by enfieldargh

looks like they sent a treefella up to remove the trees growing out of the LR stand roof.

Dear Mr & Mrs Elerslie Road householder. You know that big blue structure running along your back garden fence? Well we intend to make it another 60 metres higher....ok with that?

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/ancient+lights

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

new stadium on 15:24 - May 3 with 3292 viewsblacky200

new stadium on 15:00 - May 3 by Sonofpugwash

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/ancient+lights

The thing is that it is not just the stadium. I think LH said before that to create revenue away from match days there needs to be sufficient space inside the ground plus secure parking very close to the ground. Unfortunately I don't think upgrading LR is a viable prospect.
new stadium on 15:36 - May 3 with 3249 viewsderbyhoop

new stadium on 21:46 - May 2 by joe90

Good bit of info.

Nail on head.

If removing pillars is not an option, no significant improvements are ever going to be viable.
The footprint is too small.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

new stadium on 16:49 - May 3 with 3082 viewsNorthantsHoop

new stadium on 18:18 - May 2 by E17hoop

This feels like Wasps are lifting their skirts and showing us their knickers. They can't survive on their own and would need help in construction.

Could be the way forward, a joint venture.
new stadium on 17:05 - May 3 with 3030 viewsBushman

Why can’t we just upgrade where we are ?

It’ s rarely full anyway

My main gripe is the diabolical catering otherwise obviously the legroom but we’ve lived with it for 45 years

Serious question

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024