Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report 20:29 - Jan 29 with 10748 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59469
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 23:33 - Jan 30 with 1253 viewsPeterHucker

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 06:54 - Jan 30 by MelakaRanger

This is totally the players. Like any other workforce they are trained for the job they need to do and are expected to then do the job they have been trained to do. Just like the job you or I are paid to do.

But when they are then put on the shop floor - the pitch - many of them cant be arsed.

Imagine say the Journalists/Editors etc at The Times issuing a paper with serious misspelling, the wrong photos, the wrong date on the paper etc. Heads would roll. Imagine the Nissan workers assembling a Nissan Leaf and not installing the batteries into the car, only putting 3 wheels on the car and missing back seats. Heads would roll. But at QPR its accepted with no consequences.

How about in the post match press conference the manager actually
naming names, saying who played well, who played poor and who was unacceptable. Why not say what most every fan who watched the match saw. Stop being so nice to the players.

For too many years now we have had players who simply can't be arsed and yet so many of them are allowed to keep playing for us.

In the real world if a worker (and a player is simply an vastly overpaid worker) does not perform his duties to an adequate level, he is coached to improve. If he then fails to improve, a disciplinary action is taken that can then quickly end in his dismissal. A job needs Jeopardy . Its need consequences for both good and bad performance. Otherwise what incentive is there to perform well?

This bunch of players have an easy life. They earn vast amounts of money and yet there are no consequences to them for continued poor performance. They still pocket their £10 grand a week safe in the knowledge that they will be paid every week and their job is safe for the rest of the contract. And even then some other mug will most likely take them on........

If a player can't be bothered then bench him and bench him for an extended time.

Here at QPR everyone is just so 'nice'. From the Top down. Tony F and Ruben G are really nice guys. Very succesful businessmen but maybe they are just too nice.

I remember a quote for Tony F many years ago when talking about some of the players we bought whilst in the Premiership. He said something along the lines that he never dreamed that players paid so much money would not bother to give a performance and earn their money. But its happened time after time after time.

The Board need to be ruthless, not nice. Nice breeds mediorcrity at QPR. We are too nice both on and off the pitch. Stop being nice!

Something/somethings are very wrong at QPR and simply changing the manager is absolutley not the answer to our problems.

The Board need to get some Experts in ( and now!) to carry out a complete investigation as to every aspect of the club and to get to the root causes of our problems. Then they must implement the recommendations of the report. No one should be immune from the axe. No system should be immune from the axe. Nothing at all should be exempt from the changes that are needed - no matter how harsh it might appear.

Unless there is major surgery at the club I genuinely fear for its future. League 1 next year is a very real outcome of this season and League 2 might be the next logical step.

Rant over!

But we really are in big trouble.

Wise words here.

In 1999 I went for a job interview at Demon Internet up in Finchley. They needed a programmer to test their database systems to check they’d be ok for the end of the year (millennium bug)

I got the job & they said start in 2 months (I had to work out my notice at my current job.)

2 months later I turned up on my first day and discovered that the bloke who had interviewed me had now left the company. That’s a pity I thought because I’d really liked him at the interview. Also the database testing for millennium bug had taken a lot less time & people than expected, so the department I was supposed to be working in was winding down & didn’t need me.

Nobody really knew what to do with me and everyone seemed a bit embarrassed about it all really.
After a few days, I was talking to a manager there and told him about my situation. He said ah well can you use Crystal Reports? I’d never heard of it, so he gave me some manuals, said spend the rest of the week reading these & you can work in my department from next Monday.

So I had a different boss from the one that recruited me, I had to work with software I’d never used before rather than the software systems I had more than a decade of experience with.

What I did next was sulk & feel sorry for myself for 6 months, repeatedly went off sick when there wasn’t actually anything wrong with me, and then complained when others didn’t praise & applaud me for doing all the above.

I didn’t really of course, I just got on with the fücking job because I knew that if I didn’t I’d get the boot!
Also I got on with the job I was being paid to do because I’m not a silly little twät with the emotional resilience of a 3 year old child. (unlike far too many footballers including it seems several at our own club.)

FFS.

See you in Huddersfield.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 02:29 - Jan 31 with 1117 viewsSydneyRs

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 15:40 - Jan 30 by essextaxiboy

Beale was the coach , while he waited for something "better " , Disloyal disigenuous , deceptive but his coaching seemed to be productive until the players got wind of his intentions .

Ultimately proven to be a poor choice .

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 09:03 - Jan 31 with 940 viewswestberksr

its taken me until today to read this or anything on here after that defeat.

utterly depressing and when it gets to the point that even Clive can't find anything remotely amusing to say you know its going from bad to worse.

thankfully I'm away the next 3 weekends so will be getting pissed in pleasant places and trying to avoid QPR until the end of Feb!

well done to the brave souls who made the journey & Clive for having to putting it into words!
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 10:03 - Jan 31 with 845 viewsNoelmc

Like Westberksr I could only steel myself to read the report after a couple of days had elapsed.

Thanks Clive. It's a very tough gig for you producing these match reports at the moment.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 16:55 - Jan 31 with 729 viewsDamo1962

Grim, but completely echoes my thoughts about these players, and our current plight. If the players did their job as well as you do Northern...we would be in a much better place. You and all Rangers supporters deserve better than this.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 17:04 - Jan 31 with 716 viewsjackgbrown

It sounds very familiar to Millwall away last year (difference being that was near the beginning of the bad run not this stage of it!) The repetitive nature of the passing around the back waiting for it to be robbed off us in these games is infuriating to watch, and so ineffective that you may as well lump it up to Dykes/Armstrong and hope for the best.

Hard to find at this level, but feels like we do lack a deep-lying midfielder in the Faurlin mode (or think Norwood at Sheffield United) who can get on the ball further back but play positively forward. Johansen perhaps the closest to it, but even he is better more advanced. Field has often held the midfield together, but doesn't really possess that incisive passing forward.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 17:07 - Jan 31 with 713 viewsNorthernr

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 17:04 - Jan 31 by jackgbrown

It sounds very familiar to Millwall away last year (difference being that was near the beginning of the bad run not this stage of it!) The repetitive nature of the passing around the back waiting for it to be robbed off us in these games is infuriating to watch, and so ineffective that you may as well lump it up to Dykes/Armstrong and hope for the best.

Hard to find at this level, but feels like we do lack a deep-lying midfielder in the Faurlin mode (or think Norwood at Sheffield United) who can get on the ball further back but play positively forward. Johansen perhaps the closest to it, but even he is better more advanced. Field has often held the midfield together, but doesn't really possess that incisive passing forward.

Yeh as much as I do like Field he is part of that problem.
But you would have thought that's why we brought Iroegbunam here, and all he did Saturday was find the nearest Hull player.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 17:10 - Jan 31 with 706 viewsMonkey_Roots

The passing around at the back is probably my biggest problem at the moment.

It's utterly infuriating to watch.
Login to get fewer ads

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 17:13 - Jan 31 with 700 viewsNorthernr

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 17:10 - Jan 31 by Monkey_Roots

The passing around at the back is probably my biggest problem at the moment.

It's utterly infuriating to watch.

And so, so easy to play against.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 17:15 - Jan 31 with 695 viewsjackgbrown

It seemed at the start of this season it had drilled out of us, and I thought going from three centre-backs to two was a good move, as there was one less body to aimlessly pass it to, but it has returned with a vengeance.

Dunne and Dickie (especially the latter) have been off the pace too but I do feel for them when they look up and see absolutely no one showing for it further up. As for Tim, I appreciate he is young and it's part of the process, but I have rarely seen a player look so good and then so poor within the space of a week. Will be a problem for him, and us in the shorter term!
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 17:17 - Jan 31 with 687 viewsMonkey_Roots

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 17:15 - Jan 31 by jackgbrown

It seemed at the start of this season it had drilled out of us, and I thought going from three centre-backs to two was a good move, as there was one less body to aimlessly pass it to, but it has returned with a vengeance.

Dunne and Dickie (especially the latter) have been off the pace too but I do feel for them when they look up and see absolutely no one showing for it further up. As for Tim, I appreciate he is young and it's part of the process, but I have rarely seen a player look so good and then so poor within the space of a week. Will be a problem for him, and us in the shorter term!

I think Villa fans think Tim is tearing up the Championship. Honestly, Twitter is a monster...
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 17:32 - Jan 31 with 670 viewsMick_S

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 17:13 - Jan 31 by Northernr

And so, so easy to play against.

Why do we keep doing it? It was doing my nut in when we were fairly decent.

Stop it, or at least do it when it helps. It’s nuts, so easy to defend against. To say we’ve been sussed is an understatement.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024