Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry Match Thread 00:02 - Nov 12 with 24444 viewsBoston

We fckin win 2-1.

Always had a bit of a gripe with these lads. Got a hiding up there once, must be nearly 40 years ago but there's nothing like a bit of hate to add interest to a game.

Oh yeah, tomorrows unwilling audience who will have to listen to the boss's choice of audio entertainment will include Brentford, Millwall, Palace and a Porto fan.

So sort it aaaht Rangers!
[Post edited 12 Nov 2022 0:09]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Coventry Match Thread on 16:59 - Nov 12 with 2741 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Coventry Match Thread on 16:58 - Nov 12 by Discodroids

That was bleaker than a February monday afternoon spent in a Cost accoutants office producing time and moton studies for a briar pipe manufactures in Carpenters road, Stratford.

Bleak. Bleak. Bleak.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2022 16:59]

You do make me chuckle!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Coventry Match Thread on 17:01 - Nov 12 with 2693 viewsted_hendrix

Coventry Match Thread on 16:57 - Nov 12 by bosh67

Blimey so we’re now throwing Mick overboard? It’s a bad run. Typical us but until 2 weeks ago everything was going great. We have a break now and some real work for him to do and decisions to make in terms of personnel he loses and brings in for the 2nd half of the season. He’s seeing also how confidence and mentality falls off a cliff too often at this club and hopefully he’ll fix it. But, have some faith in this guy. It’s a bad patch. He has a break to fix it and as someone else said, reset.

No one Is throwing anybody overboard Bosh.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2022 17:02]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Coventry Match Thread on 17:03 - Nov 12 with 2627 viewstraininvain

Coventry Match Thread on 16:57 - Nov 12 by bosh67

Blimey so we’re now throwing Mick overboard? It’s a bad run. Typical us but until 2 weeks ago everything was going great. We have a break now and some real work for him to do and decisions to make in terms of personnel he loses and brings in for the 2nd half of the season. He’s seeing also how confidence and mentality falls off a cliff too often at this club and hopefully he’ll fix it. But, have some faith in this guy. It’s a bad patch. He has a break to fix it and as someone else said, reset.

I agree but he’s not exempt from criticism here. His in game management has been poor the last few games and the come to bed eyes towards Rangers needs to stop.
Coventry Match Thread on 17:03 - Nov 12 with 2609 viewsJAPRANGERS

Coventry Match Thread on 16:55 - Nov 12 by CamberleyR

Yes the form's not great currently but there's some massive overreaction on here today.

I know you are required to be a happy clapper on here but that does make 1 from the last 15 points.
Coventry Match Thread on 17:06 - Nov 12 with 2523 viewsCamberleyR

Not a lot between the sides as far as I could see watching the stream. Gyokores the dfference. We're in a bad run but all this talk of bottom 6 and 20 points to avoid relegation is nonsense. I've got faith that Mick can pull it around.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Coventry Match Thread on 17:08 - Nov 12 with 2470 viewsCamberleyR

Coventry Match Thread on 17:01 - Nov 12 by ted_hendrix

No one Is throwing anybody overboard Bosh.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2022 17:02]

Sounds like one or two people are Ted.

Coventry Match Thread on 17:13 - Nov 12 with 2311 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Surely time for Ferdinand to walk now. Eight years of this crap.
Coventry Match Thread on 17:14 - Nov 12 with 2318 viewsDieByYourSide

Can count on one hand the amount of proper chances we’ve made in the last three games.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Login to get fewer ads

Coventry Match Thread on 17:14 - Nov 12 with 2318 viewsStreathamRanger

We look a very poor side at the moment. Willock either unfit or unhappy as that's not the same player we had at the start of the season. Laird's form has failed right off. Chair tries to do too much pretty much every time he's got the ball making it easy for teams to get back in defensive shape against us. One goal in five games is a major concern. Hoping Johansen can regain some fitness and the full backs can start impacting the game again. If not it's a steady slide back down to lower midtable. Burnley first game back is massive and we could be without Dieng. 😧
Coventry Match Thread on 17:14 - Nov 12 with 2305 viewskensalriser

The three unavoidables of life: death, taxes and Queens Park Rangers letting you down.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Coventry Match Thread on 17:20 - Nov 12 with 2179 viewshoopstar67

Coventry Match Thread on 17:13 - Nov 12 by Wegerles_Stairs

Surely time for Ferdinand to walk now. Eight years of this crap.

Geez give me a break🙄🙄🙄
Coventry Match Thread on 17:24 - Nov 12 with 2091 viewsGreenbay

MATCH ANALYSIS
Coventry 2 QPR 0
We’re dropping like a stone down a well but there is hope.
Four defeats from our last 5 matches, just one goal scored, conceding 7 - and we’ve gleaned just one point.
But as we go into the World Cup break we can look at this as half glass full or half glass empty.
Have we got skilful players — YES.
Have we got players — many brought in by Mick Beale — good enough to finish in the top six — YES.
The current problem is our team is not cohesive as before.
MB is discovering that it’s so tough in the Championship.
Now is his time to renew the confidence and belief that we can battle to a play-off spot.
We have a small squad of quality players so when injury or illness strikes we suffer.
Why are we currently struggling is a big question.
MB has a month to solve this problem.
We’re in 7th spot on goal difference — but just two points behind fourth placed Watford.
On the other hand we’re 8 points clear of the relegation zone.
Everyone is bunching up.
No doubt about it we have fallen off the cliff recently.
But now is the time to battle back and this four week break is definitely to our advantage.
In this match Coventry’s man marking was intense and effective.
We just could not break down their massed defence.
And our defence was unlucky for the first (11 minutes) when a ricochet off Laird saw Jamie Allen mishit his shot and Gyokeres scored from close range.
And he added a second 12 minutes from time after a breakaway as we left gaps at the back.
Coventry were just too good as they move up to 11th, two points behind us with two games in hand.
So let’s compare us to last year at this stage.
As we go into the World Cup break we have now played 21 Championship matches and we have 31 points that’s 4 behind our 35 from 21 last season when we were in fifth spot.
We then immediately followed that by winning 5 and drawing 1 of our next 8 to complete a brilliant opening half and more to the season.
That made it 52 points from 29 games and fourth place before we fell apart in early February.
Considering we only picked up 14 points from our last 17 games we have to be like Usain Bolt and out of the traps very fast when we resume at home to Burnley (1pm kick-off) on Sunday December 11.
Last year the play-off spots final points tally was
3rd Huddersfield 82;
4th Nottingham Forest 80;
5th Sheffield United 75;
6th Luton also with 75;
So a minimum of 75 points is required and probably a lot more if we are to finish in the top 6.
That’s another minimum points of 44 from 25 games.
That is very tough
But if everyone is fit then it’s possible.
Just something to ponder for the next four weeks.
Coventry Match Thread on 17:24 - Nov 12 with 2078 viewsed_83

That was bleak today, as it's been for the last few matches, but I think some of the negative takes on here are excessive.

Our defence is too porous, particularly at set pieces, we're slow and ponderous in attack, the squad lacks quality beyond the first 11, several of our key players are injured or out of form, and our nice skillful young boys appear to lack the required mental toughness to dig in and grind results out, particularly when we fall into a rut (which we do far too often) and confidence starts dropping.

But none of that's irreversible, and we've now got a four week break followed by a transfer window to try and address it.

This is a tough league, which we're trying to stay competitive in with extremely limited resources. We're going to have rubbish, frustrating months like this whether we like it or not. Today hurts, particularly on top of the previous two games, but this squad and manager have shown that they can get it right, and deserve some trust from us to do that.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2022 17:26]
Coventry Match Thread on 17:26 - Nov 12 with 2060 viewsNorthantsHoop

Coventry Match Thread on 16:49 - Nov 12 by Damo1962

Beale is in trouble unfortunately. Too many players get an easy ride on here. Our inability to arrest poor runs... is now part of our DNA. Oh for a striker like Gyorkes

Agree, thought we were tactically inept today and do not have anyway of changing it, Beale fell very short in introducing any subs, did the same against Huddersfield. Coventry looked sharp quick to break and in Gyokeres and O'Hare two players a class above in attack than our plodders.
Coventry Match Thread on 17:27 - Nov 12 with 2020 viewsCamberleyR

Coventry Match Thread on 17:03 - Nov 12 by JAPRANGERS

I know you are required to be a happy clapper on here but that does make 1 from the last 15 points.

I'm far from a happy clapper fella. Prior to that we'd taken 15 from 18. We need to stop building the team up on runs like that getting carried away and getting all woe is me when we take 1 from 15. The team is probably somewhere in the middle at the moment.

I've faith Mick can turn it round. Get our best team fully fit during the WC break and start again just before Christmas.

Coventry Match Thread on 17:28 - Nov 12 with 1983 viewsted_hendrix

Coventry Match Thread on 17:08 - Nov 12 by CamberleyR

Sounds like one or two people are Ted.

Maybe your right, to my way of thinking when we were flying high and playing half decent football so to speak there weren't any problems and everyone was happy.
Now we are on a quite dreadful run and It's now IMO when you see just how good a Manager Is, whether he has the nouse/ability to turn It around and so far Beale hasn't been able to do that.
I'm not going mad about today's result, I never thought for a minute we'd get a result up there and we didn't.
Nobody at our club is or should be above criticism and that includes Beale.
He's got some serious work to do, we'll see how he deals with It.
Thank f uck there's a break now from these results.

Like I say we'll see.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Coventry Match Thread on 17:33 - Nov 12 with 1914 viewsGloryHunter

Coventry Match Thread on 17:26 - Nov 12 by NorthantsHoop

Agree, thought we were tactically inept today and do not have anyway of changing it, Beale fell very short in introducing any subs, did the same against Huddersfield. Coventry looked sharp quick to break and in Gyokeres and O'Hare two players a class above in attack than our plodders.

I can not see the point of bringing on subs with only four minutes of normal time left -- unless you're winning and want to run the clock down. Or is Beale sending a message to the owners that he hasn't got any squad depth?

We used to criticise Warbs for his poor use of substitutions, but this is just as bad.
Coventry Match Thread on 17:34 - Nov 12 with 1885 viewsDamo1962

Coventry Match Thread on 17:28 - Nov 12 by ted_hendrix

Maybe your right, to my way of thinking when we were flying high and playing half decent football so to speak there weren't any problems and everyone was happy.
Now we are on a quite dreadful run and It's now IMO when you see just how good a Manager Is, whether he has the nouse/ability to turn It around and so far Beale hasn't been able to do that.
I'm not going mad about today's result, I never thought for a minute we'd get a result up there and we didn't.
Nobody at our club is or should be above criticism and that includes Beale.
He's got some serious work to do, we'll see how he deals with It.
Thank f uck there's a break now from these results.

Like I say we'll see.

Agree. Some like to keep their heads firmly in the sand...seems to comfort them.
Coventry Match Thread on 17:35 - Nov 12 with 1889 viewsdmm

As pointed out earlier I think, we had 6 probable first 11 players out today and the lack of depth in the squad showed. That's not going to change significantly, if at all in January. If we can't keep key players fit we're unlikely to maintain our early season form.

I was a bit disappointed with Beale today and felt he should have changed things earlier. However, there was little on the bench to work with which underlines my point.

There's still a long way to go in this season. Regroup, go again and you never know.
Coventry Match Thread on 17:36 - Nov 12 with 1875 viewssixnil

Why was Albert not on at HT. We needed width and to get up the pitch?
Coventry Match Thread on 17:44 - Nov 12 with 1775 viewsSonofpugwash

Sod it,going down the pub ....and I don't even drink anymore.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Coventry Match Thread on 17:45 - Nov 12 with 1765 viewsManinBlack

We lose at Coventry and Brentford win at City. All adds to the angst and shows how far we have fallen while other clubs pass us by.
Coventry Match Thread on 17:48 - Nov 12 with 1737 viewsStreathamRanger

Coventry Match Thread on 17:35 - Nov 12 by dmm

As pointed out earlier I think, we had 6 probable first 11 players out today and the lack of depth in the squad showed. That's not going to change significantly, if at all in January. If we can't keep key players fit we're unlikely to maintain our early season form.

I was a bit disappointed with Beale today and felt he should have changed things earlier. However, there was little on the bench to work with which underlines my point.

There's still a long way to go in this season. Regroup, go again and you never know.

Balogun, Johansen, Tim, Paal. Who have I missed? I can't get to six of the first 11 out injured. I thought Richards looked our best midfielder so he was more than an adequate stand in for Tim. Some people have been crying out for Dickie and Dunne to play. The big misses today were Paal and Johansen. JCS was pretty poor at left back. Passing not great and no real attacking threat.
The squad is paper thin. Armstrong is not the answer and they have to try and get a quality forward in from somewhere in the transfer window.
Coventry Match Thread on 17:48 - Nov 12 with 1729 viewsDamo1962

Coventry Match Thread on 17:35 - Nov 12 by dmm

Paal, Tim and JoJo weren't available today, and may have been missed. We need to stop signing injury prone players, if we have such a poor squad. MB surely can now see that at least six players need to move on, as they simply aren't up to this level. We need three quality additions in Jan, or we'll be lucky to finish mid table at best. And mid table is where we probably belong. The heady height's never last long at QPR.
Coventry Match Thread on 17:49 - Nov 12 with 1716 viewsDamo1962

Coventry Match Thread on 17:36 - Nov 12 by sixnil

Why was Albert not on at HT. We needed width and to get up the pitch?

Sadly time has caught up with Uncle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024