Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Udders Match Thread 06:54 - Nov 8 with 36482 viewsdavman

Lying in bed with an infected tooth trying to rouse myself for a day at work before the trip up to London...

It feels like we are in the midst of Mick's first real test. Early season defeats put down to it being early days and a long injury list, a recovery when all players come back and get used to his style, then some alarming performances with the majority of players back and dare I say it when oppo teams find a way of stifling us to the point we stop scoring.

Nothing terminal by any stretch of the imagination, but the lack of guile to break down WBA leading to only half chances was a concern.

Got to bounce back tonight, haven't we to ensure we head towards the break with any sense of momentum...

Fear a disappointment (as always), but going for a squeaky 2-1 win. See you there!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Udders Match Thread on 22:46 - Nov 8 with 2181 viewsQPRSteve

Udders Match Thread on 22:33 - Nov 8 by WestbourneR

All of this is a total over reaction.

We were much the better team and made more than enough chances to win the game.

The issue is the ball in our mixer - we're just shambolic at winning the big headers and clearing our lines.

That said -- their second was a complete fluke.

We've got a mid table squad with several key positions patched over with loans. We're doing better than we should be.

Any talk of Beale's position being in question is ridiculous, everybody should calm down.

Thanks Westbourne. Mu=y sentiments exactly.
Udders Match Thread on 22:54 - Nov 8 with 2128 viewsNorthantsHoop

Inconsistency and defensive mistakes seem part of our DNA, we don't have an instinctive striker up front and we flim flam around the box without finding the target. Chair was very frustrating tonight and he was doing most of the flim flaming and firing tame shots or holding onto ball for too long. Gonna be tough at Coventry.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 22:56]
Udders Match Thread on 23:08 - Nov 8 with 2038 viewsdistortR

Udders Match Thread on 22:54 - Nov 8 by NorthantsHoop

Inconsistency and defensive mistakes seem part of our DNA, we don't have an instinctive striker up front and we flim flam around the box without finding the target. Chair was very frustrating tonight and he was doing most of the flim flaming and firing tame shots or holding onto ball for too long. Gonna be tough at Coventry.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 22:56]

We all go on about 'typical Rangers' etc, but i suppose at the end of the day we're sixth. I bet there's plenty of teams around us, beneath us, say the same thing. FFP has made it all about the size of your crowds and the players you sell, not keep.
Udders Match Thread on 23:10 - Nov 8 with 2017 viewsCamberleyR

Udders Match Thread on 22:35 - Nov 8 by Damo1962

Think they were good value, from what I can gather. Had more clear chances than us, and of course scored two goals...we only scored one. We had three quarters of a match to at least get one goal, and failed miserably. That is the stark reality of the last two home games.

They were not good value. Tiny piece of credit to them for playing a back ten and parking two buses in front of their goal, keeping us out after we had taken the lead but it was one way traffic as a shot against them every two and a half minutes testifies.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 23:14]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Udders Match Thread on 23:17 - Nov 8 with 1975 viewskensalriser

Not to pile on, but Coventry have two games in hand and are five points behind...

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Udders Match Thread on 23:26 - Nov 8 with 1932 viewsManinBlack

Surely we knew Huddersfield would park the bus so we should have been better prepared to deal with it? If you take the lead after 81 seconds at home against the team at the bottom decimated with injuries then that early goal should have been the catalyst to take them apart. We threw away the early advantage by falling behind so quickly giving them a lead to defend.

Once again if we are not winning at half time at home then it is game over kicking towards the Loft. This is the worst Rangers team I have ever seen attacking the Loft in the second half for paucity of goals.

OK Huddersfield were dire but everyone forgets that when we play league 1 quality sides we invariably lose. Look at our record in the cups against lower league sides. We can't beat league 1 clubs and Huddersfield look like a league 1 side in the making. Tonight's result confirms to me the Terriers are going down.
Udders Match Thread on 23:41 - Nov 8 with 1884 viewsBurnleyhoop

Well, you might have taken the hand brake of Michael, but you left the back doors and boot lid open.
Udders Match Thread on 23:54 - Nov 8 with 1833 viewsNed_Kennedys

Udders Match Thread on 22:45 - Nov 8 by WadR

I'm immensely frustrated by that game and don't think we were good, but no way were they good value for the win.

The entire second half was played in their half. We had the two Richards chances, Dykes shanking it 8 yards out, Chair managing to hit his standing foot with a shot in the area. They had the chance in the first minute, their first goal and a complete fluke second.

Our set plays at both ends were what cost us tonight.

They deserved to win.
Two goals and Seny had to make more saves than their keeper.
Our 36 shots were mainly shots into a crowd of defenders.

Laird, Adomah and Dykes did ok, Chair had one of his worst games for us I’m afraid. We need other options to take set pieces: we currently have a Joey Barton situation on our hands and it’s not working.

Finally our record of scoring towards the Loft is appalling this season: what the hell is going on?
Login to get fewer ads

Udders Match Thread on 01:13 - Nov 9 with 1735 viewsNorthernr

That was abysmal. You go 1-0 up after a minute (after a let off) against easily the worst team you’ll play, and you do that with it. Speechless.
Udders Match Thread on 07:05 - Nov 9 with 1613 viewsderbyhoop

Udders Match Thread on 21:48 - Nov 8 by JimmyR

Ref fckin awful again, 3 yellows for time wasting after 88 mins

But we do it to ourselves, can defend a set play, and refuse to make anything of our own

Exactly. If the crowd know what's going on, why doesnt the ref. If he starts booking people early, he wont have the problem.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Udders Match Thread on 07:18 - Nov 9 with 1596 viewsessextaxiboy

Udders Match Thread on 07:05 - Nov 9 by derbyhoop

Exactly. If the crowd know what's going on, why doesnt the ref. If he starts booking people early, he wont have the problem.

Totally agree but ... he has an assessor watching him ,all of the refs do the same thing . It must be policy to ref like that .
Udders Match Thread on 07:39 - Nov 9 with 1569 viewsRs_Holy

Udders Match Thread on 01:13 - Nov 9 by Northernr

That was abysmal. You go 1-0 up after a minute (after a let off) against easily the worst team you’ll play, and you do that with it. Speechless.

How long have you been supporting QPR Clive? You know its what we do, consistently, year in year out. To be in the position the club was in and with 2 homes games against the bottom 2 teams and to lose both is just so very Q.P.R.
Udders Match Thread on 08:53 - Nov 9 with 1502 viewsR_from_afar

Udders Match Thread on 22:32 - Nov 8 by VancouverHoop

If so that makes three years in a row that two different managers have had an excellent half season, followed (or preceded) by a rubbish half season.

Managers aren't the problem. Squad depth is the problem. Once we get past our top thirteen or fourteen players we're relying on make-weights and kids. By the time we get to Christmas (or November this year) we're playing on a wish and a prayer. This season is a bit different, we've got a month now to get everyone healthy, and practice. The way we played tonight showed how little time there's been to work on training ground stuff. We weren't defending that badly a couple of months back, nor were we wasting scoring opportunities by the bucket-load at the other end. We need need a tune-up. I'm optimistic we'll see a better team come December.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 22:34]

Good point, I totally agree.

There are some coaching related lessons we can learn - see Bosh67's post - but the big problem is the same as it has been for years, FFP resulting in a thin squad.

Until we can sell n quality players and replace them with n+1 or n+2 players of an equivalent quality - very difficult but not impossible - this is going to remain a huge issue for us....unless we have a season when we are in such a good position come the January window that the board decide to take a big risk and splurge on players even if it leaves us open to another FFP sanction. I'm not keen on that approach, to be honest.

Still, at least we are at the right end of the table, even if our form is poor.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Udders Match Thread on 09:16 - Nov 9 with 1466 viewsDamo1962

Udders Match Thread on 07:39 - Nov 9 by Rs_Holy

How long have you been supporting QPR Clive? You know its what we do, consistently, year in year out. To be in the position the club was in and with 2 homes games against the bottom 2 teams and to lose both is just so very Q.P.R.

Doesn't make it acceptable though. Beale said as much afterwards. This mentality of "it's what QPR do", is one of the main reasons we struggle season after season. The lack of goals in front of the Loft, looks like it has now got into the players heads as well. It's doing my head in for sure.
Udders Match Thread on 13:12 - Nov 9 with 1353 viewsthemodfather

goals win games. you can have, like us, 100 shots on goal but no good if all going into the upper loft. you can have like us, 65% possession but if no end result, ie goals you don't win. we are playing well, good attacking footy but no win in 4 ?
no panic but losing 2 games at home to bottom 3 teams, is a worry.
Udders Match Thread on 13:18 - Nov 9 with 1340 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Udders Match Thread on 01:13 - Nov 9 by Northernr

God help the match report!
Udders Match Thread on 13:36 - Nov 9 with 1322 viewsDieByYourSide

Been a while since I was still this pissed off the day after a match.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Udders Match Thread on 14:00 - Nov 9 with 1271 viewsCamberleyR

Udders Match Thread on 13:36 - Nov 9 by DieByYourSide

Me too.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Udders Match Thread on 18:14 - Nov 9 with 1175 viewsDamo1962

Me too.
Udders Match Thread on 19:02 - Nov 9 with 1141 viewsOldPedro

Try working with a load of Huddersfield fans........

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Udders Match Thread on 17:31 - Nov 10 with 998 viewsDamo1962

Udders Match Thread on 19:02 - Nov 9 by OldPedro

Try working with a load of Huddersfield fans........

My sympathies fella 😉
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024