Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All Star Game ?????? 14:14 - Sep 14 with 2038 viewswood_hoop

Deary me.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62899010
[Post edited 14 Sep 2022 14:16]
All Star Game ?????? (n/t) on 14:17 - Sep 14 with 1966 viewsSheffieldHoop

The NBA all-star weekend got me into Basketball when I was younger, so while I'd usually push back against this sort of thing, I'm not entirely against it. Especially if the proceeds go to the pyramid. Can't see how that would be a bad thing, really.

I find Klopp's whinging about fixture congestion far more annoying than this.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2022 14:19]

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

All Star Game ?????? (n/t) on 14:17 - Sep 14 with 1965 viewsSheffieldHoop

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

All Star Game ?????? on 14:19 - Sep 14 with 1968 viewsMrSheen

Keep ‘em coming, Todd.
All Star Game ?????? on 14:20 - Sep 14 with 1961 viewsJeff

Honestly don't see the problem with it to be fair?

replaces the community shield that literally nobody gives a solitary sh*t about, and make it the 10 most northern teams vs the 10 most southern teams, 2 players from each.

might be slightly more interesting that Man City's number 77 lining up against Liverpool's number 56 year after year after year...
[Post edited 14 Sep 2022 14:20]

Can we not knock it?

All Star Game ?????? on 14:31 - Sep 14 with 1904 viewsMrSheen

All Star Game ?????? on 14:20 - Sep 14 by Jeff

replaces the community shield that literally nobody gives a solitary sh*t about, and make it the 10 most northern teams vs the 10 most southern teams, 2 players from each.

might be slightly more interesting that Man City's number 77 lining up against Liverpool's number 56 year after year after year...

We already have a heap of international breaks to interrupt our season with largely humdrum fixtures. If he could successfully reorganise qualifying to make it quicker and more exciting, we'd have time for a totally worthless fixture, but he won't.
All Star Game ?????? on 14:32 - Sep 14 with 1898 viewstoboboly

All Star Game ?????? on 14:20 - Sep 14 by Jeff

Why would anyone want to watch an "all star" team? I hate most other teams and if one of my players got injured playing in this w@nk I would be apoplectic.

Don't diss the Charity Shield - we were the first team to lose one.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

All Star Game ?????? on 16:40 - Sep 14 with 1710 viewsdaveB

It's a stupid idea, just another money making opportunity in a time when they all moan they play too many games
All Star Game ?????? on 16:44 - Sep 14 with 1695 viewsPaddyhoops

Before long he’ll be pushing for no relegation.
FFS!!
Login to get fewer ads

All Star Game ?????? on 16:49 - Sep 14 with 1684 viewsTonto

they already "play too many games" dont they?

the NFL pro bowl, has become a circus that no one is really interested in. Being voted into the "team of the year" and an awards ceremony is enough IMO

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

All Star Game ?????? on 17:10 - Sep 14 with 1622 viewsPhildo

bloke just dumped 4 billion on a game he appears to know nothing about
All Star Game ?????? on 17:32 - Sep 14 with 1543 viewsMatch82

All star game is a horrible idea. I don't actually hate the idea of a relegation playoff especially if say 50% of TV and other revenue from it went to the championship
All Star Game ?????? on 17:37 - Sep 14 with 1531 viewswestberksr

can we have a World Series too?

not having a WS of soccer is a deal breaker for me
All Star Game ?????? on 17:54 - Sep 14 with 1500 viewsdaveB

All Star Game ?????? on 17:32 - Sep 14 by Match82

All star game is a horrible idea. I don't actually hate the idea of a relegation playoff especially if say 50% of TV and other revenue from it went to the championship

If they want to improve things do playoffs for the 4th champions League place. Would be an exciting end to the season and might open door for a West Ham, Brighton etc to get a go at the champions league
All Star Game ?????? on 18:11 - Sep 14 with 1467 viewsMatch82

All Star Game ?????? on 17:54 - Sep 14 by daveB

If they want to improve things do playoffs for the 4th champions League place. Would be an exciting end to the season and might open door for a West Ham, Brighton etc to get a go at the champions league

Honestly the appeal for me was generating more revenue for the lower teams and potentially championship, not the ones with too much money already.
All Star Game ?????? on 18:42 - Sep 14 with 1409 viewsDWQPR

As if the average football fan will give a flying shît for such a match. I reckon the Conference play off final would generate more interest. And as for switching out the Community Shield. Well that is a charitable event. And if Tom Bola really cares for the football pyramid which I don’t believe for one minute, then let him lead negotiations with the remainder of the PL and agree to scrap parachute payments and allow a much larger amount of the TV revenue to come down to the EFL. Alternatively he can take his new North Battersea franchise and relocate to somewhere like Alabama where the he can draw on the support of the KKK.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

All Star Game ?????? on 18:53 - Sep 14 with 1393 viewsterryb

I think it just shows how little he knows about sport outside the US.
All Star Game ?????? on 19:07 - Sep 14 with 1353 viewstraininvain

It gets better: https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamCrafton_/status/1567834757098049537
All Star Game ?????? on 19:59 - Sep 14 with 1273 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Gotta love the US owners, they really dont get it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024