Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today i am mostly eating...... 15:19 - Jun 19 with 8268 viewsqpr_1968

FISH AND CHIPS.

do most on here still have the old fish and chips on a Friday.

well now its just about anything with chips.
as a kid it was always mauds in latimer road....rock and chips, pickeld onion and crackling.
mauds went years ago, so now its the savoy in east acton.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Today i am mostly eating...... on 19:32 - Jun 19 with 2235 viewsRanger_Things

Today i am mostly eating...... on 19:30 - Jun 19 by qpr_1968

ha ha. yeah micks is down the road from mauds, north pole road.

Yes and back in the 80's someone sprayed "Salmonella" in huge writing under the window and they left it up for ages.
Today i am mostly eating...... on 19:38 - Jun 19 with 2214 viewsqprxtc

Just wolfed down some cod, chips and mushy peas from Fish and Chic in Wood Lane. Bloody lovely Stuffed but satisfied.

Room now for copious amounts of alcohol. Sayonara brain cells.
Today i am mostly eating...... on 20:27 - Jun 19 with 2167 viewsdistortR

iom unofficial national dish - chips, cheese and gravy.
nice
Today i am mostly eating...... on 20:42 - Jun 19 with 2151 viewsHayesender

Love cod, chips and curry sauce with a couple of pickled onions thrown in for good measure, from St Elmos chippy on the Askew Rd.

I had a nice bit of trout yesterday though, so will give it a miss till Monday

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Today i am mostly eating...... on 21:12 - Jun 19 with 2125 viewsBoston

I like fish and chips, I’ll usually eat it once a week when I’m in town. Nowadays it’s from the Blue Oyster on Preston Rd, Wembley. Owned and operated by a Greek family who do a bloody decent job.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Today i am mostly eating...... on 01:21 - Jun 20 with 2049 viewstimcocking

Cod, as in Cornish cod and chips...one of the things i miss the most out here. You can't beat it.
Not the same as the heavily battered mediocre stuff that masquerades as fish and chips 'up country,' usually not a patch on our Kernow chip shops.
Today i am mostly eating...... on 01:26 - Jun 20 with 2052 viewsBoston

Why, Kernow Hoop posts on here, I look forward to his ‘our man in the batter’observations.

Today i am mostly eating...... on 05:12 - Jun 20 with 2036 viewsMatch82

Today i am mostly eating...... on 20:27 - Jun 19 by distortR

iom unofficial national dish - chips, cheese and gravy.
nice

Pretty much the national dish of Canada too, they call it Poutine and it's fcking delicious
Login to get fewer ads

Today i am mostly eating...... on 09:01 - Jun 20 with 1978 viewsdistortR

Today i am mostly eating...... on 05:12 - Jun 20 by Match82

Pretty much the national dish of Canada too, they call it Poutine and it's fcking delicious

cheese curds?
Grated cheddar.
IOM 1 Canada 0
Today i am mostly eating...... on 11:07 - Jun 20 with 1921 viewsBoston

You can buy poutine at McDonalds in Canada. I believe they use their own fries, which doesn’t work for me as I prefer yer actually chip.

Today i am mostly eating...... on 12:41 - Jun 20 with 1887 viewsdistortR

Today i am mostly eating...... on 11:07 - Jun 20 by Boston

You can buy poutine at McDonalds in Canada. I believe they use their own fries, which doesn’t work for me as I prefer yer actually chip.

needs to be a proper chip, not fries
Today i am mostly eating...... on 20:10 - Jul 9 with 1758 viewsqpr_1968

Today i am mostly eating...... on 15:27 - Jun 19 by colinallcars

I tried FishXChips at the Bull Gate end of Ravenscourt Park the other day. A bit more expensive than most but excellent rock&chips plus gherkins. Highly recommended.

had the rock at bull gate the last 3 weeks, fantastic. bit over priced but well worth the dosh.
well recommended.

Today i am mostly eating...... on 08:25 - Sep 6 with 1346 viewschriss121

Do you mean 276 Latimer Road… was next door to the Volunteer… my Grandparents used to own it back in the 1920’s..
Today i am mostly eating...... on 09:03 - Sep 6 with 1260 viewsBluce_Ree

I found an EXCELLENT chippy near me last year. Only been twice because I DON'T WANT TO DIE. But yeah chippy on a Friday is hard to beat.

I've been a bit of tw@t foodwise this last month so I'm back on the diet. Which is alright generally but on a Friday? Shite!

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Today i am mostly eating...... on 09:22 - Sep 6 with 1237 viewsbosh67

I don't really eat much fried food anymore but when I did my local kebab shop strangely did the best fish and chips in the area. Better than the other local chippies, who are all good but the quality of the fish and chips at my local kebab shop in Luton is better than all of them. Sadly, due to not wanting to die like some others on this thread, I decided to swap out fried food for much healthier food and on some days, hardly any food at all.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Today i am mostly eating...... on 09:50 - Sep 6 with 1182 viewsdutch

My dad was born at 332 Latimer Road, the whole family moved out when they built the Westway.
Today i am mostly eating...... on 10:08 - Sep 6 with 1140 viewsE17hoop

This is our chippy - Bonners - and they are superb.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/banksy-chip-shop-bonners-walthamstow-shut-ste

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Today i am mostly eating...... on 12:03 - Sep 6 with 985 viewsW4Hoop

While a student in 1976 I worked at Geales in Hillgate Street 4 nights a week. Ate cod & chips every night and never tired of it. Best memory was the Geales Christmas Party that year. There was a sudden burst of excitement when some guests arrived late. In walked Rodney Marsh, Gerry Francis and George Best. Honest. I've got a photograph somewhere.
Today i am mostly eating...... on 15:07 - Sep 6 with 886 viewsPaddyhoops

Today i am mostly eating...... on 16:39 - Jun 19 by wood_hoop

Great chippy, lived in Marylebone for a few years and went there many times.

Pretty decent, that place . A bit gentrified now though . There is a cracking cafe next door to it .
Or was . Was run by a Greek Cypriot family and the most miserable Bilbo Baggins lookalike who would take your money at the till .
Proper old school food . Egg and chips to die for. Taken over by a Turkish family and sadly the quality of food when downhill.
Today i am mostly eating...... on 16:47 - Sep 6 with 796 viewsqpr_1968

Today i am mostly eating...... on 08:25 - Sep 6 by chriss121

Do you mean 276 Latimer Road… was next door to the Volunteer… my Grandparents used to own it back in the 1920’s..

thats the one chriss.

big queues on a friday, out onto the street.
george doing the batter...maud wrapping and serving.
the fish was superb....the chips crinkley and greasy, probably the same oil from when your grandparents had it back in the 20's.

Today i am mostly eating...... on 17:20 - Sep 6 with 748 viewskernowhoop

Today i am mostly eating...... on 01:26 - Jun 20 by Boston

Why, Kernow Hoop posts on here, I look forward to his ‘our man in the batter’observations.

Thanks for the invitation, Boston. What an honour! It must be right to say that fish and chips is better by the sea, especially in Cornwall. The fish and chips from 'Colin the Cod' in Looe (he was previously in Polperro) are highly thought of. I live in Plymouth now, where I like the very modern fish and chips from Kingfisher in Plympton. Not often though - a matter of pounds and ounces, rather than pounds and pence .
Today i am mostly eating...... on 17:26 - Sep 6 with 737 viewsTheChef

Growing up we used to go either to Nautilus on Fortune Green Road, or Sea Shell on Lisson Grove.

Both still going!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Today i am mostly eating...... on 17:41 - Sep 6 with 716 viewsMalintabuk

Today i am mostly eating...... on 15:46 - Jun 19 by qpr_1968

that's the one mate, volunteer pub next door.

I was a mate of their son David...
They knew that my mum was bringing up 3 boys on her own so our "six of chips" and crackling... was a huge pile of cracking
Same as the Bolts greengrocers on Noth Pole Road... her 5lb of taters and veg was inevitably 6 or 7 lbs... great people in those days
Today i am mostly eating...... on 17:52 - Sep 6 with 700 viewsqpr_1968

Today i am mostly eating...... on 17:41 - Sep 6 by Malintabuk

I was a mate of their son David...
They knew that my mum was bringing up 3 boys on her own so our "six of chips" and crackling... was a huge pile of cracking
Same as the Bolts greengrocers on Noth Pole Road... her 5lb of taters and veg was inevitably 6 or 7 lbs... great people in those days

ahh...the crackling, that was something else...everyone asked for that.

yes david would always be in there helping out, think he went a bit downhill when george died, and maud eventually sold up.

another shame with bolts going as well, all us out the suttons, parents and grandparents used to shop in there.
have'nt seen the son from bolts, think his name was john, for a couple of years now, often in the red lion and pineapple, acton, or the plough and harrow king street.

Today i am mostly eating...... on 18:18 - Sep 6 with 660 viewsSpaceman_P

Bread... cos there's absolutely f-all in the fridge, freezer and i'm very lazy to go out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024