Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland 15:51 - Feb 10 with 5774 viewsPegojack

Is the PM a true transport visionary, or a self aggrandising Tory twát full of hot air and bluster?

Opinions, please.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 15:51]
The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 10:43 - Feb 11 with 1270 viewstheloneranger

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 10:07 - Feb 11 by WarwickHunt

What does Andrew Colwill reckon?

A remote controlled bridge??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 11:20 - Feb 11 with 1248 viewsProfessor

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 16:49 - Feb 10 by Darran

Bring back the Swansea to Cork Ferry.

That would be useful.
The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 11:27 - Feb 11 with 1238 viewsLohengrin

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 11:20 - Feb 11 by Professor

That would be useful.

If it was paying its way it would still be in operation, Prof.

Did you ever use it? It wasn’t for the faint-hearted to say the least. I’m guessing I made the passage four, maybe five times over the years and I always felt like an extra from In Which We Serve!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 11:30 - Feb 11 with 1234 viewsCatullus

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 21:59 - Feb 10 by longlostjack

Just a PR gag Bryn. Probably Cummings’ idea to reinforce a sense of optimism. Now that we’re free from the shackles of the EU anything is possible and it’ll be discussed in pubs up and down the land. Meanwhile in the real world .....

A PR stunt, so is it a metaphorical brudge then, to keep people happy...

...because Bojo loves us!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 11:41 - Feb 11 with 1223 viewsBrynCartwright

Why don't the government just get these fellers in to do it...?...

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 12:18 - Feb 11 with 1193 viewsProfessor

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 11:27 - Feb 11 by Lohengrin

Did you ever use it? It wasn’t for the faint-hearted to say the least. I’m guessing I made the passage four, maybe five times over the years and I always felt like an extra from In Which We Serve!

Not that one-have made the journey over the Irish or Celtic Sea from Milford Haven. Never pleasant on a RoRo ferry. Been to France far more frequently.

In theory it should work. The bridge idea is ludicrous though. Nowhere to nowhere.
The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 12:23 - Feb 11 with 1187 viewsCatullus

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 11:27 - Feb 11 by Lohengrin

I was a regular on the old 'Innisfallen' when a wee bairn, I was seasick every time. Definitely an anti Bond...shaken AND stirred. My dad was in the RN, it didn't bother him. By eck it's a rough old crossing.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 12:25 - Feb 11 with 1185 viewsLeonWasGod

If he was a true visionary, couldn't he spice it up as a jump rather than a bridge?

Login to get fewer ads

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 12:35 - Feb 11 with 1174 viewsLohengrin

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 12:23 - Feb 11 by Catullus

I was a regular on the old 'Innisfallen' when a wee bairn, I was seasick every time. Definitely an anti Bond...shaken AND stirred. My dad was in the RN, it didn't bother him. By eck it's a rough old crossing.

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 13:15 - Feb 11 with 1155 viewsPhil_S

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 18:58 - Feb 10 by BrynCartwright

The chances of this happening are even more remote than HS2 coming in at under £100 mill.

I'm kind assuming you mean £100bn
The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 14:40 - Feb 11 with 1118 viewsBrynCartwright

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 13:15 - Feb 11 by Phil_S

I'm kind assuming you mean £100bn

Oh aye. Well spotted.

Note to self:- Double check your posts before sending you numpty.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 14:45 - Feb 11 with 1111 viewsKilkennyjack

From twitter ...

‘By the time it's built global warming will mean it will need to be extended 20 miles and raised 500 meters ......😂😂😂’ .....

Makes you think.

Beware of the Risen People

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 15:34 - Feb 11 with 1090 viewsLohengrin

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 14:45 - Feb 11 by Kilkennyjack

From twitter ...

‘By the time it's built global warming will mean it will need to be extended 20 miles and raised 500 meters ......😂😂😂’ .....

Makes you think.

If it had to be raised 500 metres it would be a pointless exercise, by that stage Ireland would have gone the way of Atlantis.

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 15:36 - Feb 11 with 1087 viewsLeonWasGod

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 11:30 - Feb 11 by Catullus

A PR stunt, so is it a metaphorical brudge then, to keep people happy...

...because Bojo loves us!

Maybe a bit of a distraction from the news of full checks on all inward goods from the EU and this Jamaican thing too. I assume anything that isn't particularly important or realistic to hit the front pages is a Cummings dead cat these days. I'm probably only right half the time, but it seems a sensible starting position..
The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 17:49 - Feb 11 with 1055 viewsCatullus

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 15:36 - Feb 11 by LeonWasGod

Maybe a bit of a distraction from the news of full checks on all inward goods from the EU and this Jamaican thing too. I assume anything that isn't particularly important or realistic to hit the front pages is a Cummings dead cat these days. I'm probably only right half the time, but it seems a sensible starting position..

Isn't a high level of cynicism towards politicians and their advisors always a sensible starting position?

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 19:07 - Feb 11 with 1036 viewswaynekerr55

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 21:42 - Feb 10 by Flashberryjack

Just a stick to beat the hated one mate...if Starmer or Corbyn suggested it they'd be singing a different song.

Really?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024