Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women's world cup 11:12 - Jun 7 with 29570 viewsLord_Bony

Starts tonight BBC1 anybody watching it?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/07/women-worl

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Women's world cup on 16:19 - Jul 7 with 1626 viewsLord_Bony

The final USA vs Netherlands.

First booking a few minutes after kickoff tensions are high

I think USA will walk it but you never know with his Dutch women.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Women's world cup on 17:03 - Jul 7 with 1580 viewsbluey_the_blue

BBC bigging up their coverage of netball world cup. Conveniently ignoring the fact they'd not be showing the games live but for Sky investing in it.
Women's world cup on 17:18 - Jul 7 with 1563 viewsexiledclaseboy

Women's world cup on 17:03 - Jul 7 by bluey_the_blue

BBC bigging up their coverage of netball world cup. Conveniently ignoring the fact they'd not be showing the games live but for Sky investing in it.

Would the netball World Cup not be happening without sky then? And there’s me thinking it’s been going for decades.

Poll: Tory leader

Women's world cup on 17:21 - Jul 7 with 1550 viewsbluey_the_blue

Women's world cup on 17:18 - Jul 7 by exiledclaseboy

Would the netball World Cup not be happening without sky then? And there’s me thinking it’s been going for decades.

Did you miss the word "coverage"?

No way BBC would be showing each game live without the increase in popularity driven by Sky.
Women's world cup on 17:26 - Jul 7 with 1539 viewsexiledclaseboy

Women's world cup on 17:21 - Jul 7 by bluey_the_blue

Did you miss the word "coverage"?

No way BBC would be showing each game live without the increase in popularity driven by Sky.

More to do with last year’s Commonwealth Games success which reached a far wider audience than anything Sky shows.

Women's world cup on 17:30 - Jul 7 with 1528 viewsbluey_the_blue

Women's world cup on 17:26 - Jul 7 by exiledclaseboy

More to do with last year’s Commonwealth Games success which reached a far wider audience than anything Sky shows.

And what drove the Commonwealth games success? The investment in making a pro league in Britain that raised the standard, funded by... Sky.
Women's world cup on 17:37 - Jul 7 with 1514 viewsexiledclaseboy

Women's world cup on 17:30 - Jul 7 by bluey_the_blue

And what drove the Commonwealth games success? The investment in making a pro league in Britain that raised the standard, funded by... Sky.

The pro league that existed for years you mean?

Women's world cup on 17:53 - Jul 7 with 1500 viewsbluey_the_blue

Women's world cup on 17:37 - Jul 7 by exiledclaseboy

The pro league that existed for years you mean?

Was it a fully pro league? You sure?
Login to get fewer ads

Women's world cup on 18:00 - Jul 7 with 1491 viewsexiledclaseboy

Women's world cup on 17:53 - Jul 7 by bluey_the_blue

Was it a fully pro league? You sure?

Well in its current format it’s existed since 2005. Sky jumped on board the following year and the profile has raised significantly on Sky since England won the Commonwealth Games. It’s semi professional by the way.

Women's world cup on 18:06 - Jul 7 with 1482 viewsbluey_the_blue

Women's world cup on 18:00 - Jul 7 by exiledclaseboy

Well in its current format it’s existed since 2005. Sky jumped on board the following year and the profile has raised significantly on Sky since England won the Commonwealth Games. It’s semi professional by the way.

Profile on Sky raised before Commonwealth Games, been showing the games and promoting it for last few years.

Sky's investment meant the rule of minimum pay came in, so it's close enough to becoming fully pro.
Women's world cup on 19:01 - Jul 7 with 1430 viewsexiledclaseboy

Women's world cup on 18:06 - Jul 7 by bluey_the_blue

Profile on Sky raised before Commonwealth Games, been showing the games and promoting it for last few years.

Sky's investment meant the rule of minimum pay came in, so it's close enough to becoming fully pro.

How many people do you think watch netball on Sky ffs? Sky doesn’t “invest” in sports. It pays money for the rights to show them on TV.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 19:01]

Women's world cup on 19:36 - Jul 7 with 1402 viewspencoedjack

Im just glad it’s over.
Women's world cup on 19:43 - Jul 7 with 1398 viewsexiledclaseboy

Women's world cup on 19:36 - Jul 7 by pencoedjack

Im just glad it’s over.

Why?

Women's world cup on 21:22 - Jul 7 with 1366 viewspencoedjack

Women's world cup on 19:43 - Jul 7 by exiledclaseboy

Why?

Because it’s a very poor standard of football that I believe does not warrant my license fee.
Women's world cup on 21:32 - Jul 7 with 1352 viewsLord_Bony

Women's world cup on 21:22 - Jul 7 by pencoedjack

Because it’s a very poor standard of football that I believe does not warrant my license fee.

Wait until the Championship games start on BBC. Id ask for a refund in advance, because a lot of them are not going to be as exciting and glamorous as the tournament we 've just witnessed.

Its been great for football fans to watch...just my opinion of course.

Women's world cup on 21:36 - Jul 7 with 1345 viewslondonlisa2001

The semi final between England and the US had the highest viewing figures of any programme shown on British TV this year. Any channel. Including things like the final episode of Line of Duty.

If you don’t like it, don’t watch it, but a waste of licence fee it certainly isn’t.
Women's world cup on 21:39 - Jul 7 with 1339 viewsDarran

Women's world cup on 21:36 - Jul 7 by londonlisa2001

The semi final between England and the US had the highest viewing figures of any programme shown on British TV this year. Any channel. Including things like the final episode of Line of Duty.

If you don’t like it, don’t watch it, but a waste of licence fee it certainly isn’t.

Exactly. Well said Lisa. I don’t get that myself. I see people on Twitter all the time going radio rental at what the likes of Katie Hopkins and Piers Morgan have said. Why the doc do they follow them in the first place?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Women's world cup on 21:55 - Jul 7 with 1319 viewslifelong

I enjoyed it...some brilliant goals.
Women's world cup on 22:16 - Jul 7 with 1299 viewsBadlands

In your opinion.
In my opinion I object to the national broadcaster becoming the State Broadcaster that promoted UKIP and Farage for 15 years.
Putting out news and political commentary that ignores 16+ million voters who are now I the majority ... now that really does not warrant a license fee.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Women's world cup on 22:24 - Jul 7 with 1292 viewsDarran

Women's world cup on 22:16 - Jul 7 by Badlands

In your opinion.
In my opinion I object to the national broadcaster becoming the State Broadcaster that promoted UKIP and Farage for 15 years.
Putting out news and political commentary that ignores 16+ million voters who are now I the majority ... now that really does not warrant a license fee.

It’s not an opinion it’s a fact. The standard is far too poor for it to be a prominent thing on the BBC and if the BBC had anything better they wouldn’t be showing it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Women's world cup on 22:49 - Jul 7 with 1273 viewsTNT

Women's world cup on 18:25 - Jul 6 by longlostjack

NIce one Sweden 🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪 !

Absolutely!

I've enjoyed what little I've watched tbf.

Viv should be pleased mwsh!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Women's world cup on 06:12 - Jul 8 with 1206 viewsKilkennyjack

Women's world cup on 21:55 - Jul 7 by lifelong

I enjoyed it...some brilliant goals.

I enjoyed it.

Its going to get better and better.

Beware of the Risen People

Women's world cup on 08:53 - Jul 8 with 1169 viewsexiledclaseboy

Women's world cup on 22:24 - Jul 7 by Darran

It’s not an opinion it’s a fact. The standard is far too poor for it to be a prominent thing on the BBC and if the BBC had anything better they wouldn’t be showing it.

That’s the very definition of an opinion and the polar opposite of a fact.

It’s amusing how many middle aged blokes on a football forum for a club which has spent most of the time we’ve been following it kicking round the lower leagues playing football of questionable standard are all of a sudden arbiters or of “standard” in football and what is and isn’t good enough to deserve attention. The fact that there are women involved is of course entirely coincidental.

Women's world cup on 08:59 - Jul 8 with 1159 viewsbluey_the_blue

Women's world cup on 08:53 - Jul 8 by exiledclaseboy

That’s the very definition of an opinion and the polar opposite of a fact.

It’s amusing how many middle aged blokes on a football forum for a club which has spent most of the time we’ve been following it kicking round the lower leagues playing football of questionable standard are all of a sudden arbiters or of “standard” in football and what is and isn’t good enough to deserve attention. The fact that there are women involved is of course entirely coincidental.

World cup winners beaten by u15 boys.

Yup, great standard.
Women's world cup on 09:00 - Jul 8 with 1155 viewsexiledclaseboy

Women's world cup on 08:59 - Jul 8 by bluey_the_blue

World cup winners beaten by u15 boys.

Yup, great standard.

Where did I say it was great, dullboy?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024