Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No loans coming in? 14:04 - Aug 30 with 33694 viewsSwansea93

Potters press conference l

I counted today that our squad is about 27 or 28 players so from a numbers perspective I think we are okay. Injuries can affect you at any level and make starting XI different. I don’t see it is as light as you think. We will need a bit of luck we are okay numbers wise

If no-one else comes in, is it finances or football?

“It’s a bit of both, I would count around 27 or 28 players who have indicated they want to be here. That’s a lot of players and I have to take them down to 11 and there will be guys who will still be disappointed not to make the 18. I had a player in Sweden where I had a young player who was in Fourth Division in Sweden and went on to play against Arsenal in Europa League. It’s about development.”
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 14:12]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

No loans coming in? on 21:17 - Aug 30 with 1591 viewsdobjack2

No loans coming in? on 21:08 - Aug 30 by Jango

Mcburnie is a short term injury which hasn’t even ruled him out. Bony back in training. We can’t sign players to fill gaps short term.

Bony is back in training - non contact by the looks of it- we are asking a lot of Mcburnie until such time as bony is fit to play.

We could sign players if the board hadn’t totally fecked things up. However they have and it looks like we are having to take risks and hope that VDH, Fer and Mcburnie aren’t out for any length of time before the January window.
No loans coming in? on 21:18 - Aug 30 with 1587 viewsAngelRangelQS

No loans coming in? on 21:14 - Aug 30 by Flashberryjack

I don't know what games I've been watching this season, because they aren't the same games as some on here have been watching.

F*ck me guys we're in serious trouble here.

A young, new team with a new manager that has taken 8 points from 5 games.

It’s been a struggle in places but there have been a lot of positives too.

Then again, I guess it depends on what your definition of “in trouble” is.
No loans coming in? on 21:20 - Aug 30 with 1558 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 20:54 - Aug 30 by JonTheJack

Curious to hear which parts of Lisa's post you 'totally, totally' disagree with.

Namely, the fact that Lisa comments on everyone associated with club can see our glaring weakness?

Do you think that our midfield is the strongest area?
Or do you think our sole striker (with even Oli's limited experience) is the strongest area?

I'll give you the team is playing with spirit, but the facts are that we were on the ropes for the entire second half against Preston and needed to rush Leroy back to give the back four more protection.

We were also absolutely pummelled by Birmingham and were lucky not to go into half time 4 or 5 down to use your choice of numbers thanks to our midfield (without Leroy) giving them the red carpet treatment to have free runs at our back line.

Or how about the fact that we couldn't trouble Bristol City's goalkeeper when they haven't looked like winning an away game so far this season? Guess who didn't start that game...

So, once again, exactly which part of Lisa's post do you 'totally, totally' disagree with? Because every instance of time that Tom Carroll and Jay Fulton are in midfield together has meant Celina has to play deeper than the game he's looked the best in. And you honestly think that if Leroy or Oli picked up an injury, we would still be competitive over a season?

So are you trying to say that if any team lost one of their main players they'd have another readily available to call on?

Seriously now??

A young team stood off against Preston in the second half, this happens in football when a team goes 1 up. Potter had the option to take the game to Preston and get Jeff on - I would've gone with that.

Brum had too many chances because, again, a young team trued religiously to stick to the script of playing from the back and without fear. We can't have it both ways you see, we can't have FFF and Monk/Clement ball all rolled into one, but let's face it, the fans just want to moan don't they, so it doesn't matter as the narrative gets twisted to suit the agenda.

Bristol City, we played some lovely, sharp stuff and their one goal came from 2 long, long punts up field from their centre half. We got caught, sloppy header back out and we switched off. Celina alone could've had 3 in that game.

So, basically a young team have made a decent, if not spectacular start to the season and we've lost our first game. By 0-1.

So, without going back over what I totally disagreed with Lisa about, I'm also disagreeing with your crap.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

No loans coming in? on 21:21 - Aug 30 with 1551 viewsFlashberryjack

No loans coming in? on 21:18 - Aug 30 by AngelRangelQS

"Then again, I guess it depends on what your definition of “in trouble” is."

That is correct my friend.

I assume you feel we're not in trouble ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

No loans coming in? on 21:21 - Aug 30 with 1551 viewsawayjack

Idiotic to look at a few matches as any gage and let’s be honest we’ve been lucky to get 8 points. Let’s judge where we are after 20 or so matches when squad depth and quality starts to show.
No loans coming in? on 21:22 - Aug 30 with 1545 viewsdobjack2

At the moment it’s concern that our squad isn’t strong enough or physical enough.

There are positives, we’ll see where we stand at the end of September.
No loans coming in? on 21:23 - Aug 30 with 1526 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 21:03 - Aug 30 by dobjack2

We could probably do with a bit more bite in midfield - an understatement

A not fully fit Mcburnie and a still injured bony up front with a couple of others who could play there at a push - if you don’t score you don’t win.

We have numbers in the squad, but not necessarily in the right positions.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 21:06]

Potter's just said Mcburnie is fit, even saying he's due to play twice for Scotland in the upcoming internationals ffs.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

No loans coming in? on 21:25 - Aug 30 with 1513 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 21:12 - Aug 30 by Fireboy2

Now fack off back under the rock you crawled from

I've got a different opinion to you sonny boy and if you don't like that you can get the fack. Do you understand???

Login to get fewer ads

No loans coming in? on 21:29 - Aug 30 with 1478 viewsFireboy2

No loans coming in? on 21:25 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

I've got a different opinion to you sonny boy and if you don't like that you can get the fack. Do you understand???

#huwsshootinginpiece
No loans coming in? on 21:33 - Aug 30 with 1438 viewsHeadmaster

No loans coming in? on 21:16 - Aug 30 by MrSwerve

It's fine mun. We can always dip in to the under 12s when we get a few more injuries.

No loans coming in? on 21:33 - Aug 30 with 1436 viewsmagicdaps10

No loans coming in? on 21:25 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

And dont forget Chrissy boy, that goes both ways.

Something that people have tried to get your attention to in the past.

Now, do YOU understand that?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

No loans coming in? on 21:33 - Aug 30 with 1433 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 21:21 - Aug 30 by Flashberryjack

That's because you are going to the game with the same miserable mindset you've always had. There lies your problem and many others by the sound of it.

No loans coming in? on 21:34 - Aug 30 with 1416 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 21:21 - Aug 30 by awayjack

Idiotic to look at a few matches as any gage and let’s be honest we’ve been lucky to get 8 points. Let’s judge where we are after 20 or so matches when squad depth and quality starts to show.

So why don't you then, instead of spreading your muck all over this site daily?

No loans coming in? on 21:35 - Aug 30 with 1406 viewsmagicdaps10

No loans coming in? on 21:33 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

That's because you are going to the game with the same miserable mindset you've always had. There lies your problem and many others by the sound of it.

He has a different opinion to you.

On that, I send you back to read your own memoir regards different opinions.....Just a few posts back.

No loans coming in? on 21:36 - Aug 30 with 1396 viewsJango

No loans coming in? on 21:12 - Aug 30 by awayjack

Idiot

If trying to find positives makes me an idiot then so be it. You come across as a bit of a tw*t yourself. You say we’ve been lucky to get 8 points but that’s nonsense. We didn’t deserve a point against Brum but deserved all 3 against Leeds. All other points have been hard fought which every game is in this league.
No loans coming in? on 21:38 - Aug 30 with 1377 viewsdobjack2

No loans coming in? on 21:23 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

Potter's just said Mcburnie is fit, even saying he's due to play twice for Scotland in the upcoming internationals ffs.

The word fully is the key one in the post. He is having to play a lot of games in a short period of time on top of the injury and unsurprisingly looks tired at times.

We’ll see what happens tomorrow, as I remember from a reasonable discussion that we had that said that you would be concerned if we didn’t strengthen in this window.
No loans coming in? on 21:41 - Aug 30 with 1346 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 21:35 - Aug 30 by magicdaps10

He has a different opinion to you.

On that, I send you back to read your own memoir regards different opinions.....Just a few posts back.

I dont mind anyone having a different opinion mate. But twisting an opinion into some kind of conspiracy theory simply because it's different to another's is cheap and tiresome.

We don't get on, that we know, but let me ask you a question in the hope you'll give me an honest answer, and also as you seem to know me.... Do you really believe I'm getting fed stuff from Huw Jenkins or on a "payroll'?

No loans coming in? on 21:42 - Aug 30 with 1335 viewsAngelRangelQS

No loans coming in? on 21:21 - Aug 30 by Flashberryjack

As I say, it depends on what you think “in trouble” is.

I don’t think we’ll be relegated this season. I think we’ll be mid table. Which is fine. I don’t think that’s “in trouble.”

Financially it looks like we are stabilising. Again... not “in trouble”.

If your expectations were we’d get promoted then yes, clearly we’re “in trouble”
No loans coming in? on 21:43 - Aug 30 with 1326 viewsthornabyswan

No loans coming in? on 21:03 - Aug 30 by Jango

A lot of over reaction on here as usual.

We have the basis of a very good team ffs. Yes I’d love to see us sign an experienced DM to go with Fer but we still have Carroll, Fulton and Grimes plus Celina who can drop deeper and Maric if needed. We have 4 centre backs, 2 RBs, 2 LBs, more than enough strength for this league on the wing. Dhanda, Celina, McKay now Routledge and Narsingh also for the number 10 role.

People moaning about the striker position. Mcburnie and hopefully Bony with CBR as 3rd choice is more than enough for a team who play one striker. How many strikers do Man City have? Aguero and Jesus. Man Utd? Lukaku and Rashford.

Wasting money on average players just to make up numbers is what got us in this mess.

People keep going on about injuries, apart from the odd short term injury how many did we have on our promotion season? Not many at all.

Hopefully we’ll see some movement in the next 24 hours but let’s not make out we are down otherwise because that’s nonsense.

My post was in response to Lisa stating that the Trust have not seen any financials since June.
As regards the squad we need a minimum of 2 players in.
Striker and CDM I don't think we are down if they don't come in but I think we will struggle.
The Trust really need to update members though and Lisa has stated that they will.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

No loans coming in? on 21:43 - Aug 30 with 1322 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 21:36 - Aug 30 by Jango

If trying to find positives makes me an idiot then so be it. You come across as a bit of a tw*t yourself. You say we’ve been lucky to get 8 points but that’s nonsense. We didn’t deserve a point against Brum but deserved all 3 against Leeds. All other points have been hard fought which every game is in this league.

Don't listen to the tvvat, that's exactly what he is.

You're one of the best posters on this site.

No loans coming in? on 21:48 - Aug 30 with 1286 viewsDr_Winston

With three or four good loan additions we'd have a squad capable of competing for an immediate return to the Premier League. I suspect that's where a lot of the (whinging for the sake of it types excluded) frustration rests. We're so close but look like letting the opportunity bouncing straight back slip through our fingers.

I don't buy all the "Potter has been lied to" bollocks for a second though. From day one he's been pretty clear about his belief that it'll take a year or two to get things the way he wants them and he's shown so much faith in players like Rodon that the recent dramas over central defensive cover have largely been silenced.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

No loans coming in? on 21:49 - Aug 30 with 1281 viewsmagicdaps10

No loans coming in? on 21:41 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

I dont mind anyone having a different opinion mate. But twisting an opinion into some kind of conspiracy theory simply because it's different to another's is cheap and tiresome.

We don't get on, that we know, but let me ask you a question in the hope you'll give me an honest answer, and also as you seem to know me.... Do you really believe I'm getting fed stuff from Huw Jenkins or on a "payroll'?

Now, you impressed me there, very civil and for that I will give you a answer.

No, I dont think you are.
But
I believe that you have got on side and I believe that it was through Jenkins or possibly one of the other sell outs....how, I am not quite sure.

No loans coming in? on 21:53 - Aug 30 with 1239 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 21:38 - Aug 30 by dobjack2

The word fully is the key one in the post. He is having to play a lot of games in a short period of time on top of the injury and unsurprisingly looks tired at times.

We’ll see what happens tomorrow, as I remember from a reasonable discussion that we had that said that you would be concerned if we didn’t strengthen in this window.

He's played 5 games hasn't he? How many has Celina played? VdH? Roberts? McKay? Fulton? Olsson???

Half the facking team!!

No loans coming in? on 21:57 - Aug 30 with 1209 viewsangryjack

No loans coming in? on 19:36 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

So we're average at full strength?

And who are at full tilt? Leeds? They look to be the clear pace-setters to me, and for the most of the game we played them off the park and were without doubt the better side.

Average? No, we're more than decent and with so much room for further progression.

And Birmingham are below average but they played us off the park so that philosophy is a load of bollox we will struggle with this team
No loans coming in? on 21:59 - Aug 30 with 1192 viewsJonTheJack

No loans coming in? on 21:20 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

So are you trying to say that if any team lost one of their main players they'd have another readily available to call on?

Seriously now??

A young team stood off against Preston in the second half, this happens in football when a team goes 1 up. Potter had the option to take the game to Preston and get Jeff on - I would've gone with that.

Brum had too many chances because, again, a young team trued religiously to stick to the script of playing from the back and without fear. We can't have it both ways you see, we can't have FFF and Monk/Clement ball all rolled into one, but let's face it, the fans just want to moan don't they, so it doesn't matter as the narrative gets twisted to suit the agenda.

Bristol City, we played some lovely, sharp stuff and their one goal came from 2 long, long punts up field from their centre half. We got caught, sloppy header back out and we switched off. Celina alone could've had 3 in that game.

So, basically a young team have made a decent, if not spectacular start to the season and we've lost our first game. By 0-1.

So, without going back over what I totally disagreed with Lisa about, I'm also disagreeing with your crap.

No I asked you a question or two, and you haven't answered them.

Cheers however, for repeating the points I made about:

Allowing Preston to run at us.
Getting away with murder against Brum after allowing them to run at us.

Now, I'll ask again in more detail. Do you honestly think its acceptable to rely on Tom Carroll and Fulton to hold our midfield should Leroy get injured, when this very thread is full of people raising concerns that we haven't got another midfielder who even looks like he can put a foot in for a tackle?

Feel free to look at the points both of us have made again above, incase you need to remind yourself.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024