Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight 22:40 - May 8 with 10138 viewsTheResurrection

Carlos to blame tonight, but not why most of you are thinking.

We had them where we wanted. We were competing better than them, even if we had less clear chances, but then stupidly the cry came for Tammy, same as it did in Bournemouth and we lost shape and purpose.

We were controlling that game and they gambled by putting 3 centre forwards on,
Long, Austin and Gabbiadini... That was their panic button and we didn't need to press ours.

The fans were superb, they clapped every mistake and provided the much needed energy the last few seasons has lacked.

You see, that used to be us, we'd forgive mistakes and look to encourage, lately we Boo them and moan and groan.

This has been one hell of a journey and no one should take it for granted.

We're all angry, we're all frustrated but there's so many things to consider and nothing is as black and white as some of the usual idiots want to make out.

For me, leave it as it was a bit longer, Olsson at left back and
Clucas with his work rate in midfield and see if we could've frustrated them with all their forwards on the pitch.

The last thing we should've been clamouring for is the guy that proved hopeless many times, even as recent as last Saturday.

We were decent in the first half against Bournemouth, we were strong in the first half tonight. We were very much in the game in both of them.

The attack mantra so many have been pushing for hasn't panned out.

We've still got a major chance though and tomorrow's night will tell us more. A 'normal' result will probably see us favourites to survive again.

Keep going til the end.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 10:01 - May 9 with 1501 viewsSTID2017

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 22:45 - May 8 by AngelRangelQS

No lack of effort... just a massive lack of quality

100% this - not the players fault tonight - they just are not good enough and our strength in depth is non-existent.
I knew all was lost when we had to turn to Carroll as our saviour.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 10:13 - May 9 with 1480 viewsswan65split

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 10:01 - May 9 by STID2017

100% this - not the players fault tonight - they just are not good enough and our strength in depth is non-existent.
I knew all was lost when we had to turn to Carroll as our saviour.

a few decisions thsi season have been questionable, signings, waiting to boot out PC, and probably one that weve overlooked is sending out No socks on loan., at least he was a trier.
Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 10:17 - May 9 with 1470 viewsYossarian

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 22:46 - May 8 by Brynmill_Jack

No. Huw was and is to blame. He assembled this "squad", not Carvahal. But yes, you carry on blaming him and the fans,You f*cking idiot.

Spot on

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 10:18 - May 9 with 1465 viewsmarchamjack

Carlos has turned into Clement. Comes up with a system, designed to make it hard to be offensive and hopes to eke out a point, and when it patently has stopped working, persists with it. Bizarre really.

Spurs in the Cup, psses away a Cup QF. Never mind, it's the Cup.

Capitulates at City. Bound to lose there anyway.

Loses to Chelsea (good effort 2nd half, deserved at least a point)

Bournemouth. Never mind, it's still in our hands...

Last night...Carlos didn't have a fckn clue. Second half hoofball brought on by a team selection from the off that was designed to contain, get a point/not lose, than look to win. When he changed it (just like Bournemouth) the team having been programmed by now into the 5 at the back system just couldn't change/adapt, hence booting the ball long.

If he'd have planned a different system from the start (and I include at least Bourmouth match) then I doubt we'd have resorted to hoofball for the second match in a row.

Brining on Tom Carroll when we're a goal down was just a total pss take.

Ki literally jumped out of a challenge at one point, I laughed it was so bad.

Fabianski must be thinking how have I ended up with these idiots in the same team as me

Thank God Charlie Austin missed all his half dozen or so chances or they'd have been out of sight.

I thought the support was decent, no more than that and in fairness I think it was symptomatic of the way Carlos has ground any ambition out of the team and that translates through to the crowd.

Feel like this season is particularly cruel...relegated twice feels like...once at Xmas and now Sunday!

Hope is still there of course, but last night was it for me with Carlos. If we stay up by some miracle, he needs to fck of after that. Can't go through another season on setting out to contain every team we play from the off.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 10:28 - May 9 with 1435 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 23:04 - May 8 by icecoldjack

Ayew I can almost understand but Clueless must have been £15m with £10M of that in a brown bag for hull chairman and huw ,there can't be any other reason for signing such an awful player. Record signing at one point mind !!

This.
Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 10:34 - May 9 with 1417 viewsTheResurrection

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 10:18 - May 9 by marchamjack

Carlos has turned into Clement. Comes up with a system, designed to make it hard to be offensive and hopes to eke out a point, and when it patently has stopped working, persists with it. Bizarre really.

Spurs in the Cup, psses away a Cup QF. Never mind, it's the Cup.

Capitulates at City. Bound to lose there anyway.

Loses to Chelsea (good effort 2nd half, deserved at least a point)

Bournemouth. Never mind, it's still in our hands...

Last night...Carlos didn't have a fckn clue. Second half hoofball brought on by a team selection from the off that was designed to contain, get a point/not lose, than look to win. When he changed it (just like Bournemouth) the team having been programmed by now into the 5 at the back system just couldn't change/adapt, hence booting the ball long.

If he'd have planned a different system from the start (and I include at least Bourmouth match) then I doubt we'd have resorted to hoofball for the second match in a row.

Brining on Tom Carroll when we're a goal down was just a total pss take.

Ki literally jumped out of a challenge at one point, I laughed it was so bad.

Fabianski must be thinking how have I ended up with these idiots in the same team as me

Thank God Charlie Austin missed all his half dozen or so chances or they'd have been out of sight.

I thought the support was decent, no more than that and in fairness I think it was symptomatic of the way Carlos has ground any ambition out of the team and that translates through to the crowd.

Feel like this season is particularly cruel...relegated twice feels like...once at Xmas and now Sunday!

Hope is still there of course, but last night was it for me with Carlos. If we stay up by some miracle, he needs to fck of after that. Can't go through another season on setting out to contain every team we play from the off.

There's so much wrong in your post I wouldn't know where to begin correcting it.

I just can't be bothered today.

The fans were superb yesterday though. That's all I will say. They stayed with the team the whole way. We've not always been like that this season and for far too many games the toxicity has brought more pressure.

People can argue all they want about the players needing to give the fans something to cheer but some games, too many players were slaughtered and were afraid of their own shadows.

I can guess all the responses to this and I've heard it all before.

But that's it, fundamentally,, we've brought a lot of this on ourselves with our arrogance and entitlement and a ridiculous belief that not only should we be comfortable in this league, but we should be playing champagne football as well.

We've not had feelings like we've got today for nearly 20 years. Some of you wouldn't have even been born then.

Maybe we do need a correction, nobody would've chosen this and we're more likely to suffer more than we are to bounce back, but still, maybe we do need to rewind and build again.

If we go down next season then we've got to be clever in our decision making, this is a big worry, because we don't know who'll be making those decisions.

I'll still be there though 🙁

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 10:44 - May 9 with 1386 viewslondonlisa2001

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 10:34 - May 9 by TheResurrection

There's so much wrong in your post I wouldn't know where to begin correcting it.

I just can't be bothered today.

The fans were superb yesterday though. That's all I will say. They stayed with the team the whole way. We've not always been like that this season and for far too many games the toxicity has brought more pressure.

People can argue all they want about the players needing to give the fans something to cheer but some games, too many players were slaughtered and were afraid of their own shadows.

I can guess all the responses to this and I've heard it all before.

But that's it, fundamentally,, we've brought a lot of this on ourselves with our arrogance and entitlement and a ridiculous belief that not only should we be comfortable in this league, but we should be playing champagne football as well.

We've not had feelings like we've got today for nearly 20 years. Some of you wouldn't have even been born then.

Maybe we do need a correction, nobody would've chosen this and we're more likely to suffer more than we are to bounce back, but still, maybe we do need to rewind and build again.

If we go down next season then we've got to be clever in our decision making, this is a big worry, because we don't know who'll be making those decisions.

I'll still be there though 🙁

The most pressing decision is manager.

We HAVE to find a manager, work with him to decide on the system he wants, and sell and buy players to fit that system. And stick with it for more than 6 months.

Because the mismatch of manager, preferred playing style and players available leads to the shambles we saw last night.

Time for the overhaul we've been promised. Top to bottom. We appear to have some talented youngsters, properly supplemented in an appropriate system, and we rebuild. Mass clearing of the decks. We worked in this league when we did something a little different. The last two seasons have seen us become like every other low level PL team playing the percentage game and eventually, every single one of them is relegated.

Someone on here last night mentioned Potter. That's exactly the sort of appointment we need. Somebody like him.

Should have kept Guidolin.
Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 11:05 - May 9 with 1339 viewssainthelens

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 10:44 - May 9 by londonlisa2001

We HAVE to find a manager, work with him to decide on the system he wants, and sell and buy players to fit that system. And stick with it for more than 6 months.

Because the mismatch of manager, preferred playing style and players available leads to the shambles we saw last night.

Time for the overhaul we've been promised. Top to bottom. We appear to have some talented youngsters, properly supplemented in an appropriate system, and we rebuild. Mass clearing of the decks. We worked in this league when we did something a little different. The last two seasons have seen us become like every other low level PL team playing the percentage game and eventually, every single one of them is relegated.

Someone on here last night mentioned Potter. That's exactly the sort of appointment we need. Somebody like him.

Great post Lisa, my view is that while we have Jenkins pulling all the strings and clearly losing the plot, this has disaster written all over it. Out of the last 7 years, this season is the worst PL, and we still couldn't survive. Tells me that the way our club is run is rotten. Unless it changes at the top, it's gonna get whole lot worse.
Login to get fewer ads

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 11:06 - May 9 with 1334 viewsLegend83

I would take Guidolin back in a heartbeat, a disgraceful decision for utterly abhorrent reasons. That's for another thread though.

Say what you want about the squad that CC was saddled with, last night in isolation was all about his failings. Failure to pick a balanced side, failure to have multiple game plans, failure to adapt or make changes at the correct time.

5 at the back only works if you have quality wing-backs who spend a high % of the game in the opposition half - how many times did either Olsson or Roberts get to the by-line last night? They are not strictly to blame as to do that effectively you need a midfield and forwards who know the right time to drift out and play 1-2s to make that happen.

Not 3 identikit CMs with zero creativity between them and 2 headless chickens who want to do it all themselves. Oh, the number of times JA got the ball last night, made a bit of space and could have moved the play out wide but instead cut back inside to do his stepovers try and beat 5 defenders.

Where was Nathan Dyer? Not the greatest player but has a footballing brain and can be direct. Why bring on Narsingh only for him to stand and watch as the ball sails over his head?

And then to bring on Carroll with us needing a goal...

It's not over yet, but when it is either way a lot of change is needed (which probably won't happen let's face it!).
Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 11:10 - May 9 with 1320 viewsAngelRangelQS

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 10:44 - May 9 by londonlisa2001

Or appointed an alternative manager (e.g. Rodgers) that summer rather than giving it to Guidolin, not strengthening the squad properly then ditching him just 7 games in when we were actually doing okay.

Such a bizarre decision.
Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 11:12 - May 9 with 1316 viewsLegend83

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 11:10 - May 9 by AngelRangelQS

Or appointed an alternative manager (e.g. Rodgers) that summer rather than giving it to Guidolin, not strengthening the squad properly then ditching him just 7 games in when we were actually doing okay.

Such a bizarre decision.

"Bizarre" is not quite the right word as that would suggest an element of the unexpected, when we all know why it happened.

"Cynical" would be my adjective!
Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 11:18 - May 9 with 1293 viewsWarwickHunt

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 11:12 - May 9 by Legend83

"Bizarre" is not quite the right word as that would suggest an element of the unexpected, when we all know why it happened.

"Cynical" would be my adjective!

A “passport-related” appointment and comfortably the most bizarre in the history of the PL.

Jenkins stood by and watched it happen.
Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 11:23 - May 9 with 1261 viewsmagicdaps10

The only people who should be ashamed that are associated with our club is the ex board and the yanks.

Anyone who thinks otherwise can join them.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 11:43 - May 9 with 1213 viewsBobby_Fischer

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 11:23 - May 9 by magicdaps10

The only people who should be ashamed that are associated with our club is the ex board and the yanks.

Anyone who thinks otherwise can join them.

So not Jenkins then?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 11:48 - May 9 with 1205 viewsDaggyjack

Well I'm ashamed of the board, the manager and the players.
The board for not spending as they should have and for the god awful transfer policy.
The manager for all his jokey quips has seen little improvement in the team.
The players (majority of) for being gutless, lacking quality (see board transfer policy) and not lacking the passion to wear the white shirt.
We deserve to go down, it's no big deal to the average fan. Swansea will still play football next season, nothing will change for us.
Swansea City is my club but in its present state and with how money totally rules football at the top flight, this is not my team.
Money ruins everything eventually and it is ruined our club due to the greed of certain people.
I'll be glad when the plastics have upped and left, the team is rebuilt with players who care about little themselves and the club and we are back to 12000-14000 turning up each week.
Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 11:51 - May 9 with 1198 viewsmagicdaps10

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 11:43 - May 9 by Bobby_Fischer

So not Jenkins then?

Sorry......of course he is included.

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 11:51 - May 9 with 1197 viewsDafyddHuw

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 22:45 - May 8 by AngelRangelQS

No lack of effort... just a massive lack of quality

The OP - what a deluded fool.
Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 11:52 - May 9 with 1188 viewsJBT95

Anybody who wants us to go down to get their club back are jokers.

We could be in an utter mess if we go down.

Only time will tell.
Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 12:27 - May 9 with 1150 viewsmajorraglan

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 11:10 - May 9 by AngelRangelQS

Such a bizarre decision.

The rumour was that Brendon Rogers had talks with the board about a return, but he was unhappy with some of the arrangements re transfers and recruiting and passed on the offer of a return. Maybe FG was the fallback option. FG was dealt a poor hand in my mind, however it is what it is.

The transfer debacle at the start of the season hasn’t helped either, every game counts and you have to hit the ground running when you are at the bottom because you may not get a second chance.
Since Laudrup was sacked, if you include Alan Curtis the club is on its 6th manager in 4 years, the type of football has changed beyond recognition and a lot of the players would probably not be the managers choices, but they have to make do.

If the club stays up and it’s a big if, there needs to be a major overhaul from top to bottom because If it doesn’t happen, then it’s curtains next season for definite.
Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 12:39 - May 9 with 1110 viewsShaky

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 12:27 - May 9 by majorraglan

The rumour was that Brendon Rogers had talks with the board about a return, but he was unhappy with some of the arrangements re transfers and recruiting and passed on the offer of a return. Maybe FG was the fallback option. FG was dealt a poor hand in my mind, however it is what it is.

The transfer debacle at the start of the season hasn’t helped either, every game counts and you have to hit the ground running when you are at the bottom because you may not get a second chance.
Since Laudrup was sacked, if you include Alan Curtis the club is on its 6th manager in 4 years, the type of football has changed beyond recognition and a lot of the players would probably not be the managers choices, but they have to make do.

If the club stays up and it’s a big if, there needs to be a major overhaul from top to bottom because If it doesn’t happen, then it’s curtains next season for definite.

Agreed.

And as regards your last paragraph, relegation - if it happens - this season may actually prove to be a blessing in disguise.

Staying up with no new substantial funds to invest likely means just tinkering around the edges of the squad and spunking perhaps an additional £20 million scraped together from an already empty barrel.

Notwithstanding the stretched balance sheet currently, going down now leaves a small but fighting chance of turning the club around on perhaps a 2-3 year view.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 13:24 - May 9 with 1042 viewsjacksfullaces

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 12:39 - May 9 by Shaky

Agreed.

And as regards your last paragraph, relegation - if it happens - this season may actually prove to be a blessing in disguise.

Staying up with no new substantial funds to invest likely means just tinkering around the edges of the squad and spunking perhaps an additional £20 million scraped together from an already empty barrel.

Notwithstanding the stretched balance sheet currently, going down now leaves a small but fighting chance of turning the club around on perhaps a 2-3 year view.

the constant bemoaning of the latest manager by a selection of our fans once we hit a 5-6 poor run of form is both short sighted and frankly shallow. the manager will endeavour to make the most of what is at his disposal, and in the case of the last few years, that hasn't given them much to work with. how pitiful it is to say we need to set up to attack when our players seem to lack the pace, guile and skills to create spaces, extra men, space etc

we have morphed in to the type of premier club we laughed at for so long. we have also been saying this for 3-4 years and yet each time the club does nothing and we all hope for the best, and then start laying into the tactics of the latest manager.

Lisas point is spot on, a longer term rebuilding strategy. but that will come at a cost, and if we go backwards before going forwards, the next manager will be sure not to survive either... we do it to ourselves, we do. and that's what really hurts.
Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 13:31 - May 9 with 1027 viewsicecoldjack

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 13:24 - May 9 by jacksfullaces

the constant bemoaning of the latest manager by a selection of our fans once we hit a 5-6 poor run of form is both short sighted and frankly shallow. the manager will endeavour to make the most of what is at his disposal, and in the case of the last few years, that hasn't given them much to work with. how pitiful it is to say we need to set up to attack when our players seem to lack the pace, guile and skills to create spaces, extra men, space etc

we have morphed in to the type of premier club we laughed at for so long. we have also been saying this for 3-4 years and yet each time the club does nothing and we all hope for the best, and then start laying into the tactics of the latest manager.

Lisas point is spot on, a longer term rebuilding strategy. but that will come at a cost, and if we go backwards before going forwards, the next manager will be sure not to survive either... we do it to ourselves, we do. and that's what really hurts.

Not really. If it looks like a dog walks like a dog and barks like a dog it normally is !

Carlos lost his bottle, and basically run out of ideas at the crucial moment, I'm not one for slating managers but it was clear by the look on his face last night he knew he was out of h's depth with this group of players .

Nothing against him at all, Sheffield Wednesday fans got this bang on in their assessment too. Start off good then revert to poor negative football. That's exactly what happened and their fans called it 100% bang on 4 months ago.
Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 13:37 - May 9 with 1016 viewsjacksfullaces

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 13:31 - May 9 by icecoldjack

Not really. If it looks like a dog walks like a dog and barks like a dog it normally is !

Carlos lost his bottle, and basically run out of ideas at the crucial moment, I'm not one for slating managers but it was clear by the look on his face last night he knew he was out of h's depth with this group of players .

Nothing against him at all, Sheffield Wednesday fans got this bang on in their assessment too. Start off good then revert to poor negative football. That's exactly what happened and their fans called it 100% bang on 4 months ago.

so after a dip of half a dozen games you can make that sort of assessment.

and I wasn't just referring to carlos, but to every other guy at the helm over the last few years.

short sighted in my opinion, but perhaps its the way people are wired. some look to the bigger picture, some just analyse what's in front of them. don't think your dog has a lot of depth, but then not many dogs do, I'd want my metaphor and analysis to be a little less one dimensional, but perhaps that is asking too much.

we'll be moaning about the referee next.
Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 13:45 - May 9 with 988 viewsmagicdaps10

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 11:52 - May 9 by JBT95

Only time will tell.

No fan wants us to get relegated but the reality is we are starring it right in the face.

Some people will hold on to the slightest of hope and others will accept the reality quicker.

But lets get something straight.......no fan wants us to get relegated.

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 13:47 - May 9 with 976 viewsSTID2017

Ashamed of the posters on here, proud as fack of the Support tonight on 11:52 - May 9 by JBT95

Only time will tell.

Exactly.
As much of a shambles as we are in, it needs to be sorted whichever division we are in.
If we go down I am fearful we'll drop like a stone down the divisions

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024