Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trouble at our neighbours 14:22 - Aug 30 with 13210 viewsAussieDale

Looks like some strange goings on at giggle.
Trouble at our neighbours on 22:54 - Aug 30 with 4521 viewsRAFCBLUE

Trouble at our neighbours on 21:24 - Aug 30 by TVOS1907

Talking of Bury, their goalkeeper has had his red card from last Saturday rescinded.

Seems a bit odd to me given how close Matty Done was to the incident.

I can only think that somehow bury have successfully argued that the incident is not "denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick."

This can only be because the long through ball from Rafferty is not quite directly on target with the bury goal and Alex Whitmore (bury #20) tracks Done completely and is mainly goal side up to the point of him deciding he's letting Murphy catch the ball.

They'll have argued that Murphy should only have received a caution for unsporting behaviour since he "commits a foul or handles the ball to interfere with or stop a promising attack." Which it was.

The apparent error leads to the rescinding of the dismissal.

I don't agree with the appeal decision but I can see the way to successfully argue it on their side and it's worked.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Trouble at our neighbours on 22:57 - Aug 30 with 4507 viewsTVOS1907

Trouble at our neighbours on 22:54 - Aug 30 by RAFCBLUE

I can only think that somehow bury have successfully argued that the incident is not "denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick."

This can only be because the long through ball from Rafferty is not quite directly on target with the bury goal and Alex Whitmore (bury #20) tracks Done completely and is mainly goal side up to the point of him deciding he's letting Murphy catch the ball.

They'll have argued that Murphy should only have received a caution for unsporting behaviour since he "commits a foul or handles the ball to interfere with or stop a promising attack." Which it was.

The apparent error leads to the rescinding of the dismissal.

I don't agree with the appeal decision but I can see the way to successfully argue it on their side and it's worked.

It's an interesting one that's hard to decide either way.

To be honest, they were lucky that this season they had a 'keeper who could catch!
[Post edited 30 Aug 2017 23:02]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Trouble at our neighbours on 23:16 - Aug 30 with 4447 viewsdingdangblue

Trouble at our neighbours on 20:44 - Aug 30 by SuddenLad

Bruce out ?? He only arrived last week. Perhaps all the lockers were allocated !! Joke club.

To be fair he was 'non contract' - as soon as they signed Rohan Ince to play the Dawson role which Bruce had been trying to cover I thought he'd be let go. He also hadn't looked fit according to bury fans and would have been a big earner too.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Trouble at our neighbours on 23:29 - Aug 30 with 4422 viewsjoecooke

Leave Stewie to it,hes doing allright.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Trouble at our neighbours on 09:01 - Aug 31 with 4161 viewsdingdangblue

Trouble at our neighbours on 19:46 - Aug 30 by ColDale

Too much of a coincidence that this season's signings policy is the same as last year. Anyone thinking the managers do the buying and selling are probably kidding themselves.

Stewie said on Manc radio the other week that he personally called the Huddersfield chairman to sort out signing Harry Bunn, also travelled down to Brighton to scout Rohan Ince - there cant be many chairman out there so hands on with player recruitment. I also think he is responsible for T'Sun Dai being fast tracked into the 1st team starting games - he made a massive point of mentioning him in the Wagg interview also - obviously the next kid being lined up for sale and trying to get maximum exposure.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Trouble at our neighbours on 09:17 - Aug 31 with 4123 viewsmacro

Strong rumours last season that Stewie baby interfered with team selection.
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:09 - Aug 31 with 4015 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Trouble at our neighbours on 15:08 - Aug 30 by Yorkshire_Dale

On loan too........so bury possibly still paying some of his wages?

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Trouble at our neighbours on 20:11 - Aug 31 with 3723 viewsfitzochris

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Trouble at our neighbours on 21:04 - Aug 31 with 3528 viewsRAFCBLUE

Josh Laurent signs - #4 of 11. Relegated with Hartlepool out of the football league last season.

With 7 of the 11 still to come its going to be a very busy 2 hours, particularly for Stewie to convince Messers Danns and Tutte to rip up those very lucrative contracts and leave .....

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Trouble at our neighbours on 21:34 - Aug 31 with 3404 viewsDalefc

Trouble at our neighbours on 21:04 - Aug 31 by RAFCBLUE

Josh Laurent signs - #4 of 11. Relegated with Hartlepool out of the football league last season.

With 7 of the 11 still to come its going to be a very busy 2 hours, particularly for Stewie to convince Messers Danns and Tutte to rip up those very lucrative contracts and leave .....

Why would Tutte be on a lucrative deal considering we picked him up after being released by Dale?
Trouble at our neighbours on 21:37 - Aug 31 with 3386 viewsTVOS1907

Trouble at our neighbours on 21:34 - Aug 31 by Dalefc

Why would Tutte be on a lucrative deal considering we picked him up after being released by Dale?

Aye, about three and a half years ago, when you were in League Two.

He will have had a promotion bonus and League One bonuses added, as well as signing a new deal earlier this summer.

I imagine his contract will be fairly lucrative, relatively speaking.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Trouble at our neighbours on 22:06 - Aug 31 with 3269 viewsdingdangblue

Because he's at bury?

Trouble at our neighbours on 22:21 - Aug 31 with 3162 viewsRAFCBLUE

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39820344

Tutte signed a new deal in May 2017 with bury alongside Craig Jones.

The length of that deal was "undisclosed". GIven Jones' was announced as 1 year you've got to assume that Tutte's is more than one year. Let's say for the sake of argument it's two years minimum.

So Tutte is guaranteed money until May 2019 - let's say he's on £2,000 per week. That £208,000 of financial commitment made to him, pre-tax.

Then in August, new manager Miner Clark discloses that he wants Tutte out:

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/football/shakers/15477290.Tutte_heads_list_in_C

So if you're Andrew Tutte do you:

a) Stay and "fight for your place"
b) Move to another club, who want to pay for you or take your current contact over or
c) Take a settlement of all or part of the £208,000.

If the wages are more, or the contract is longer then the number is bigger.

If I was Tutte, I'd be "fighting for my place", no matter what Miner Clark told me.

Trouble at our neighbours on 22:24 - Aug 31 with 3123 viewsscarrow

Bury have just signed another forward. That must be 5 or 6 now on the books.

Poll: Final position

Trouble at our neighbours on 22:25 - Aug 31 with 3111 viewsRAFCBLUE

Trouble at our neighbours on 21:04 - Aug 31 by RAFCBLUE

#5 of 11 - Ismail joins Walsall on loan until January 2017.

#6 of 11 - Michael Smith joins from Portmouth on 2 year deal.

No movement on Danns or Tutte - but still 40 minutes to go to get those remaining 5 deals done......

Trouble at our neighbours on 22:30 - Aug 31 with 3066 viewsscarrow

According to Keith clubline two deals likely not to happen with Woodman choosing Fleetwood and novak Scunthorpe

Poll: Final position

Trouble at our neighbours on 22:52 - Aug 31 with 2955 viewsDale23years

Trouble at our neighbours on 22:30 - Aug 31 by scarrow

According to Keith clubline two deals likely not to happen with Woodman choosing Fleetwood and novak Scunthorpe

Some interesting comments on Keith clubline tonight,wonder what he mean by the comment

I've just been told what Zelis friend said and it does back up what I've been told by others ???

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Trouble at our neighbours on 22:54 - Aug 31 with 2943 viewsRAFCBLUE

Trouble at our neighbours on 22:30 - Aug 31 by scarrow

#7 of 11 - Woodman - FAILED
#8 of 11 - Novak - FAILED
#9 of 11 - Tutte settlement - FAILED
#10 of 11 - Danns settlement - FAILED

I wonder who is #11?

And how much of a bad atmosphere will there be at Carrington tomorrow when those who couldn't be managed out sit down with those recently recruited?

Trouble at our neighbours on 23:05 - Aug 31 with 2863 views442Dale

Maybe now those words, which brought some so much amusement, are finally making sense.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trouble at our neighbours on 14:55 - Sep 3 with 2318 viewsR11BFC

Trouble at our neighbours on 22:52 - Aug 31 by Dale23years

Some interesting comments on Keith clubline tonight,wonder what he mean by the comment

I've just been told what Zelis friend said and it does back up what I've been told by others ???

Anymore juice on what Zeli's friend said? Even though it'll end up about 5th hand!

Seriously though, i'm interested. Absolute joke that he was let go...he was out best winger after Mayor.

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Trouble at our neighbours on 15:15 - Sep 3 with 2277 views100notout

Trouble at our neighbours on 14:55 - Sep 3 by R11BFC

Anymore juice on what Zeli's friend said? Even though it'll end up about 5th hand!

Seriously though, i'm interested. Absolute joke that he was let go...he was out best winger after Mayor.

R11 - is it right that Bunn is on £7k+ per week?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Trouble at our neighbours on 15:29 - Sep 3 with 2236 viewsR11BFC

Trouble at our neighbours on 15:15 - Sep 3 by 100notout

R11 - is it right that Bunn is on £7k+ per week?

I dont know tbh (someone's told me £5K) but i've also heard Beckford is on the most money. It's all hearsay and rumours though. But they're both gonna be a fair whack - common-sense would dictate that.

The transfer fee i've heard for Bunn is eye watering...Ipswich offered £600K, we paid less than that apparently but not much. Vaughan is 10 times the player, so not a good bit of business.

I've no proof though, but again common-sense would tell you the figures arent gonna be too far out.

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Trouble at our neighbours on 16:04 - Sep 3 with 2144 viewsD_Dale

Trouble at our neighbours on 22:21 - Aug 31 by RAFCBLUE

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39820344

Tutte signed a new deal in May 2017 with bury alongside Craig Jones.

The length of that deal was "undisclosed". GIven Jones' was announced as 1 year you've got to assume that Tutte's is more than one year. Let's say for the sake of argument it's two years minimum.

So Tutte is guaranteed money until May 2019 - let's say he's on £2,000 per week. That £208,000 of financial commitment made to him, pre-tax.

Then in August, new manager Miner Clark discloses that he wants Tutte out:

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/football/shakers/15477290.Tutte_heads_list_in_C

So if you're Andrew Tutte do you:

a) Stay and "fight for your place"
b) Move to another club, who want to pay for you or take your current contact over or
c) Take a settlement of all or part of the £208,000.

If the wages are more, or the contract is longer then the number is bigger.

If I was Tutte, I'd be "fighting for my place", no matter what Miner Clark told me.

I'd say that Tutte has a fourth option:

Hang in a short time longer and see what the new manager offers him.

(This view of course is based on Clark's record being so poor that'll he'll soon be showed the door. In the light of his failure to achieve much with his previous clubs, it's hard to see how he got the Giggle Lane job.)
Trouble at our neighbours on 18:07 - Sep 3 with 1994 viewsRAFCBLUE

Trouble at our neighbours on 16:04 - Sep 3 by D_Dale

I'd say that Tutte has a fourth option:

Hang in a short time longer and see what the new manager offers him.

(This view of course is based on Clark's record being so poor that'll he'll soon be showed the door. In the light of his failure to achieve much with his previous clubs, it's hard to see how he got the Giggle Lane job.)

I'd be amazed if Day got shut of Clark anytime soon.

If you look at Flitcroft it cost Day a significant settlement and it took him a long time to admit to himself/the fans that Flitcroft wasn't the right appointment.

I can't see Day sacking Clark this season - the stated aim is Championship football this year and he paid money to Kilmarnock for Clark plus, presumably given him a decent deal and has let him loose on the transfer window. That's why they have used more players than any other team in English football after five games.

The cracks are appearing early. Tutte and Danns are nowhere to be seen and Clark won't play Tutte ahead of lots of other players and has said he wants him out.

It's stalemate. bury could lose every game and I can't see Tutte getting near Clark's thinking - it would be a massive climbdown for him and Day.

Equally, Tutte not budging on leaving means he's not getting any football, but he is getting paid.

Trouble at our neighbours on 20:02 - Sep 3 with 1874 views100notout

Trouble at our neighbours on 15:29 - Sep 3 by R11BFC

I dont know tbh (someone's told me £5K) but i've also heard Beckford is on the most money. It's all hearsay and rumours though. But they're both gonna be a fair whack - common-sense would dictate that.

The transfer fee i've heard for Bunn is eye watering...Ipswich offered £600K, we paid less than that apparently but not much. Vaughan is 10 times the player, so not a good bit of business.

I've no proof though, but again common-sense would tell you the figures arent gonna be too far out.

wow - those are eye watering figures! I didn't realise that you had paid a fee for Bunn - presumably circa £500k based on what you say. Going off his time at Dale (albeit a few years ago now) I wouldn't put Bunn anywhere near that value - even in todays crazy market.

With your player sales in the summer I thought that Day might have been coming to his senses and cashflow would be much improved. It seems however he's had a last throw of the dice - tick tock .....................

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024