Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Underrated QPR goals 08:35 - Aug 10 with 11153 viewsNorthernr

Obviously everybody always talks about Sinclair v Barnsley, Wegerle v Leeds, Francis v Liverpool, Ferdinand v Man Utd etc. What about great goals we've scored that don't get air play?

Starting with this one from Simon Barker at Sheff Wed 1996...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/46207
Underrated QPR goals on 10:56 - Aug 10 with 2097 viewsdavman

Underrated QPR goals on 10:02 - Aug 10 by LazyFan

This is the best QPR goal ever. Better than Trevs, Weggers, Adels, Francis (Gerry or Trev).

Problem is I have only ever seen half of it on the net and it does not look that great. It just looks like a normal goal.

But if anyone has the full build up please post it. It shows how we totally control the game (well at that part if the match anyway) and are in a total passing control of the ball as in the entire team has possession (it also shows the difference between passing with being in control and tika tika nonsense). I think I counted 10 passes whereby 8 different QPR players touch the ball (the oppo never get a touch), finished by our legend Gallen.

What little we have starts at 1.09mins in.

Not impressed?
That's why we need the full build up.

Has anyone got it?

Not got any footage of that one although I seem to remember the Offish posting it up at the time. Epic awayday that one. The goal just came out of nowhere and I think (don't ask me how I remember this) there were 33 passes in the move that ended up with that goal.

The 3-3 was really, really unexpected too - great day.

My fave unsung goal was Rowan Vine's v. Burnley when Kiraly came up for a corner in the last minute, the ball broke to Vine on the edge of the area and then he ran the full length of the pitch with defenders and Kiraly trailing in his wake Keystone Kops style all the way up to the goal line. I have never celebrated a goal for so long - it was 30 seconds of knowledge that we were going to score, win 2-0 and go home happy.

Karl Henry's goal at the end of the season before last v Bristol C was a humdinger too.
And Michael Robinson's against that lot in the Milk Cup run in '86.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Underrated QPR goals on 12:22 - Aug 10 with 2047 viewsnewgolddream

Underrated QPR goals on 12:32 - Aug 10 with 2026 viewsLongsufferingR

Marcus Bean at Gillingham.

The way he twisted and angled his body to the perfect position so that only the ref couldn't see the handball.

Pure artistry.
Underrated QPR goals on 13:24 - Aug 10 with 1985 viewscarlosthebulb

Underrated QPR goals on 09:26 - Aug 10 by daveB

Trevor Francis against Charlton in the League Cup

Where on earth did you find this?! I was at that game & have never ever seen a replay of that goal til now. Still as good as I remember. Peter shuttling sent off as well if I recall
Underrated QPR goals on 13:47 - Aug 10 with 1969 viewscarlosthebulb

Underrated QPR goals on 13:24 - Aug 10 by carlosthebulb

Where on earth did you find this?! I was at that game & have never ever seen a replay of that goal til now. Still as good as I remember. Peter shuttling sent off as well if I recall

shirtliff 😂
Underrated QPR goals on 13:52 - Aug 10 with 1964 viewslongbottom

Underrated QPR goals on 09:33 - Aug 10 by stevec

Not even sure TV existed then....

Mike Ferguson, night game, sometime around 1970, possibly against Norwich, but not certain.

Anyway, picked up the ball left wing about 25 yards from our goal, ran diagonally across the pitch dribbling at least 4 or 5 and unleashing a 30 yarder into the top corner loft end.

Anyone remember it and does anyone use the word unleashing any more?

Remember the goal but not sure who the opposition was.
Splendid use of the word "unleashed" though.
Underrated QPR goals on 14:26 - Aug 10 with 1951 viewspaulparker

have always loved this one just for the danny maddix crunching tackes

i was right behind the goal in the loft for these 3

has this been up ???

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Underrated QPR goals on 15:15 - Aug 10 with 1925 viewsHantsR

I remember at the play off final at Cardiff when Tommy Williams did an amazing run along the goal line and unselfishly squared it to Paul Furlong who ... Oh sorry, I've just woken up from a strange dream. Where am I?
Login to get fewer ads

Underrated QPR goals on 15:17 - Aug 10 with 1921 viewsDWQPR

Cant provide the link but Jay Simpson's goal against Reading when we beat them 4-1 after Watson got sent off. That was the start of the run under Magilton when scoring four goals a game seemed to be the norm. Also a Clive Allen goal against Cambridge at the Abbey Stadium when we got promoted under Venables in 1982, coincidentally another game we won 4-1.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Underrated QPR goals on 15:20 - Aug 10 with 1920 viewsHantsR

Underrated QPR goals on 09:33 - Aug 10 by stevec

Not even sure TV existed then....

Mike Ferguson, night game, sometime around 1970, possibly against Norwich, but not certain.

Anyway, picked up the ball left wing about 25 yards from our goal, ran diagonally across the pitch dribbling at least 4 or 5 and unleashing a 30 yarder into the top corner loft end.

Anyone remember it and does anyone use the word unleashing any more?

That became Mike Ferguson's trade mark move. I think he tried that top right corner every week but I think it only worked that once. Would write more but I've got to go and unleash the dogs.
Underrated QPR goals on 16:02 - Aug 10 with 1891 viewsJigsore

saying Taarabt is cheating isn't it? but his first in the 2-2 against Cardiff was stupendous. If it was any other player I would have been shocked but for him the unbelievable was routine

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Underrated QPR goals on 16:04 - Aug 10 with 1891 viewsngbqpr

At 5.50 in
Pizanti
Police horses on the pitch etc

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Underrated QPR goals on 16:07 - Aug 10 with 1888 viewsngbqpr

the Paladini signed Italian geezer v Brum in the snow...can't googleit as struggling to remember his name!

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Underrated QPR goals on 16:08 - Aug 10 with 1887 viewsJigsore

Does anyone remember Buzsaky's freekick against Wigan that, I think, hit both posts before going in?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Underrated QPR goals on 16:12 - Aug 10 with 1880 viewsHantsR

Underrated QPR goals on 16:07 - Aug 10 by ngbqpr

the Paladini signed Italian geezer v Brum in the snow...can't googleit as struggling to remember his name!

Samuel di Carmine? Yes that was a good one.
Underrated QPR goals on 19:49 - Aug 10 with 1807 viewsderbyhoop

Kevin Gallen at Derby in a 2-1 win, after Furlong got sent off.
George Santos brought the ball out of defence and fed KG on the edge of the area.
Gallen had the ball coming from his right and managed to open his body to bend it into the net, first time, with his right foot, It started 2 feet outside the post.
I was right behind it.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Underrated QPR goals on 21:25 - Aug 10 with 1765 viewsM40R

Remembering that this thread is about underrated goals, my vote goes for Heider Helgusson's bullet header away to Stoke in our 3-2 win in about the October of our first season back in the Prem with Warnock. Ale Faurlin knocked in a tracer of a left wing pull back cross from the touchline. Heider just ran into it and powered in said bullet from the edge of the box straight into the corner without the ball bouncing. Shame I can't find it online.

I think that after that match we were 9th in the league with three away wins and a home win over Chelsea under our belts.
Underrated QPR goals on 23:00 - Aug 10 with 1716 viewsTheRam

Underrated QPR goals on 10:25 - Aug 10 by RANGERS4EVER

Probs not even underrated but still a great goal

Was gonna pluck that one out! A lot on here are great but not underated x
Underrated QPR goals on 23:05 - Aug 10 with 1713 viewsTheRam

I can half remember one where Darren Peacock gallivants up the left wing? Possibly plays a one two, someone scores, Penrice? Oldham? Wearing green?
Austin at Southampton (pelle too)
Devon White's own goal is a gem too x
Underrated QPR goals on 23:18 - Aug 10 with 1696 viewsngbqpr

Underrated QPR goals on 21:25 - Aug 10 by M40R

Remembering that this thread is about underrated goals, my vote goes for Heider Helgusson's bullet header away to Stoke in our 3-2 win in about the October of our first season back in the Prem with Warnock. Ale Faurlin knocked in a tracer of a left wing pull back cross from the touchline. Heider just ran into it and powered in said bullet from the edge of the box straight into the corner without the ball bouncing. Shame I can't find it online.

I think that after that match we were 9th in the league with three away wins and a home win over Chelsea under our belts.

think it was Traore's cross?

Underrated QPR goals on 23:20 - Aug 10 with 1696 viewskensalriser

Tony Thorpe v Colchester. Love this one. Not the greatest goal you'll ever see, but a prime display of opportunistic poaching.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Underrated QPR goals on 23:20 - Aug 10 with 1692 viewsngbqpr

Underrated QPR goals on 23:20 - Aug 10 by kensalriser

Tony Thorpe v Colchester. Love this one. Not the greatest goal you'll ever see, but a prime display of opportunistic poaching.

Akos double away at Scunny...2007...can't find link just now...

Underrated QPR goals on 00:07 - Aug 11 with 1672 viewsTheRam

Underrated QPR goals on 12:32 - Aug 10 by LongsufferingR

Marcus Bean at Gillingham.

The way he twisted and angled his body to the perfect position so that only the ref couldn't see the handball.

Pure artistry.

Weirdly, i watched that in Ibiza with former arsenal keeper Alan miller. Strange days x
Underrated QPR goals on 09:47 - Aug 11 with 1593 viewshopphoops

Maybe not the best goal ever, but sometimes you see it all unfold, almost in slow motion, and you know we're going to score and how it will happen, and it does, and you remember it forever...

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Underrated QPR goals on 15:04 - Aug 11 with 1547 viewsPeterHucker

Underrated QPR goals on 14:26 - Aug 10 by paulparker

have always loved this one just for the danny maddix crunching tackes

i was right behind the goal in the loft for these 3

has this been up ???

I remember every one of those late 80s / early 90s goals like it was yesterday.

A few other I've not seen posted on this thread yet.

Wilkins long range belter v Liverpool at loft end.

Kenny Sansom v Arsenal

Another Marc Falco acrobatic finish v Sunderland around Xmas time. It was pissing down that day if it helps.

Last game of the season away at Pompey, Gallen's last game before he left for Barnsley. He came on as a sub and straight away scored a great goal. Langley also scored a wonderful long range goal that day.

Furlong diving header late in the game at home v Wigan.

Furlong header again winning it late at home v Leicester. We came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2. I think Martin Keown got sent off for them that day.

George santos great long range goal away v Crewe.

Ishmael Miller at home v Leicester

Anyone with better wifi than me able to find these and post them on this thread?

Thanks for reminding me of that 6-1 v Luton as well. We started that game really sluggishly and then suddenly Wegerle started his magic. He was unstoppable that day.

Also that Furlong goal away at Sunderland posted before. Love that one. But I remember me and most of the away end screaming at him to pass it to Gallen as he attacked.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024