Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dan Altman (moneyball man), interesting video 20:53 - Jan 8 with 5803 viewsSwanseaNapoli

Not seen anyone post this but heres an interesting video from our "Moneyball" expert Dan Altman

Something I've picked up from this video (and if we buy players from this style of analytics) is that the players we will sign in the future will be more direct in their passing especially defenders (no more swansalona?).

Watch out for the moment where he calls Swansea "a not so good team" lol

Be interesting to hear your interpretation from the video
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 20:59]
Dan Altman (moneyball man), interesting video on 18:50 - Jan 9 with 1181 viewsgiantstoneater

While he was looking at his crystal ball Ntep whatever his name was went to Wolfsburg!
Dan Altman (moneyball man), interesting video on 19:03 - Jan 9 with 1153 viewslonglostjack

Is this used at Bayern, Real, Barca or any Premier League side?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Dan Altman (moneyball man), interesting video on 19:06 - Jan 9 with 1147 viewsMorganator100

Dan Altman (moneyball man), interesting video on 05:18 - Jan 9 by PURe_Evil

Do you mean like Opta have been doing for years?

it's not called Optra Pro for no reason.

He has enhanced on Optra with added statistics.
Dan Altman (moneyball man), interesting video on 19:10 - Jan 9 with 1142 viewsPawelAbbott

Stats like this has a place in football but he is massively over emphasising their importance.
How can the some ratings from the teams players and predict a teams results?
If he could really do this regularly why isn't he making his money out of gambling on the footy?
Dan Altman (moneyball man), interesting video on 19:26 - Jan 9 with 1117 viewsAngelRangelQS

Dan Altman (moneyball man), interesting video on 19:10 - Jan 9 by PawelAbbott

Stats like this has a place in football but he is massively over emphasising their importance.
How can the some ratings from the teams players and predict a teams results?
If he could really do this regularly why isn't he making his money out of gambling on the footy?

I think it's more than a search tool by the sounds of that (boring) presentation.

It looks like they could put an alogorithm into a computer that identified qualities they'd want in a decent centre back (i.e. Number of Blocks, tackles, headers - very simplified) and apply it to the top 5 divisions across Europe. Presumably you'd get a result that showed the likes of Otamendi, Koschelney, Ramos (which i guess would prove the algorithm worked) but the results may also show a cb playing at a mid table Italian team, one in a lower end Spanish team etc and then you'd go and watch those players and scout them in the traditional way
Dan Altman (moneyball man), interesting video on 19:30 - Jan 9 with 1105 viewsspiderboy

Dan Altman (moneyball man), interesting video on 19:26 - Jan 9 by AngelRangelQS

I think it's more than a search tool by the sounds of that (boring) presentation.

It looks like they could put an alogorithm into a computer that identified qualities they'd want in a decent centre back (i.e. Number of Blocks, tackles, headers - very simplified) and apply it to the top 5 divisions across Europe. Presumably you'd get a result that showed the likes of Otamendi, Koschelney, Ramos (which i guess would prove the algorithm worked) but the results may also show a cb playing at a mid table Italian team, one in a lower end Spanish team etc and then you'd go and watch those players and scout them in the traditional way

yep..common sense really when you say it like that.
Dan Altman (moneyball man), interesting video on 22:29 - Jan 9 with 1032 viewsBarrySwan

If in Rugby ( Yes Robin McBride and Co I'm talking about you) or football you need a computor to tell you who is a decent player.

Then you should be handing in your coaching pass at reception first thing in the morning.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024