Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New left Back? 17:06 - Aug 24 with 6208 viewsClitheroeDale

Does anybody think Keith will sign another left back before the window closes, or stick with big Jim until he is either injured or suspended and then dabble into the loan market?
New left Back? on 13:46 - Aug 25 with 1358 viewsfitzochris

New left Back? on 13:19 - Aug 25 by ChaffRAFC

All fair points but the fact he saw Holness as the answer to our problems is what worries me.

This summers recruitment has left a lot of fans worried and rightly so.

I agree with that and reckon Holness coming in smacked of panic because Hill didn't land the people he should have but new he needed bodies in.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New left Back? on 14:25 - Aug 25 with 1312 viewsD_Alien

New left Back? on 10:33 - Aug 25 by fitzochris

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with. The problem I highlighted is that we only have two first XI centre halves, which you seem to be agreeing with.

Hill is trying to sign cover. If we don't sign anyone else, it won't be because he didn't want to, it will be because he was unable to.

"I agree that he shouldn’t have released Bennett without having someone else lined up (maybe he did and it all fell through). "

Just so you're sure...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New left Back? on 14:29 - Aug 25 with 1297 viewsfitzochris

New left Back? on 14:25 - Aug 25 by D_Alien

"I agree that he shouldn’t have released Bennett without having someone else lined up (maybe he did and it all fell through). "

Just so you're sure...

But I didn't mention Bennett in my initial post.

New left Back? on 14:32 - Aug 25 with 1288 viewsD_Alien

New left Back? on 14:29 - Aug 25 by fitzochris

But I didn't mention Bennett in my initial post.

Implicit in the "it's not Hill's fault" point is he wouldn't need to be searching if he'd retained him

New left Back? on 14:41 - Aug 25 with 1261 viewsfitzochris

New left Back? on 14:32 - Aug 25 by D_Alien

Implicit in the "it's not Hill's fault" point is he wouldn't need to be searching if he'd retained him

I didn't say "it's not Hill's fault".

I said if we don't sign a player before deadline day, it won't be down to Hill. Hill is trying to sign a player.

That's why I didn't understand what you were disagreeing with.

New left Back? on 14:47 - Aug 25 with 1249 viewsTomRAFC

It does seem like Hilly is trying to attract players but being outbid at every turn.

If we don't sign anyone before deadline day hopefully Hilly will get a few of the players still without clubs training with us so he can have a proper look at them.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

New left Back? on 14:54 - Aug 25 with 1231 viewsD_Alien

New left Back? on 14:41 - Aug 25 by fitzochris

I didn't say "it's not Hill's fault".

I said if we don't sign a player before deadline day, it won't be down to Hill. Hill is trying to sign a player.

That's why I didn't understand what you were disagreeing with.

No, you said "it won't be down to him" - which I then generalised into a wider point about our defensive problems being of our (Hill's) own making

I don't think anyone would disagree that Hill doesn't try to sign players. He even signed Holness, who I suspect injured himself whilst trying to do a cartwheel.

New left Back? on 14:59 - Aug 25 with 1213 viewsmacro

Bennett signing for Mansfield shows his true level.
Login to get fewer ads

New left Back? on 15:02 - Aug 25 with 1209 viewsD_Alien

New left Back? on 14:59 - Aug 25 by macro

Bennett signing for Mansfield shows his true level.

Or maybe he'll help get them promoted

New left Back? on 15:14 - Aug 25 with 1180 viewsmacro

New left Back? on 15:02 - Aug 25 by D_Alien

Or maybe he'll help get them promoted

From a lower division. He was a bit part player last season, it was the right decision to release him. Yes with the recruitment at present Bennett would have been in contention but it still doesn't mean he was good enough.
New left Back? on 15:27 - Aug 25 with 1147 viewsfitzochris

New left Back? on 14:54 - Aug 25 by D_Alien

No, you said "it won't be down to him" - which I then generalised into a wider point about our defensive problems being of our (Hill's) own making

I don't think anyone would disagree that Hill doesn't try to sign players. He even signed Holness, who I suspect injured himself whilst trying to do a cartwheel.

If you reread the post, it makes two points and two points only.

- McGahey and Canavan are our only first XI centre halves, so God help us if they both get injured/suspended in the same period.
- Hill said he is trying to sign a player before deadline day. We’ve no reason to doubt him, so if we don’t sign a player, it won’t be down to him.

That’s it.

You disagreed with it and I didn’t understand why.

I now see it’s because you “generalised” my point.

New left Back? on 15:43 - Aug 25 with 1120 viewsD_Alien

New left Back? on 15:27 - Aug 25 by fitzochris

If you reread the post, it makes two points and two points only.

- McGahey and Canavan are our only first XI centre halves, so God help us if they both get injured/suspended in the same period.
- Hill said he is trying to sign a player before deadline day. We’ve no reason to doubt him, so if we don’t sign a player, it won’t be down to him.

That’s it.

You disagreed with it and I didn’t understand why.

I now see it’s because you “generalised” my point.

Why shouldn't I generalise it?

It's pretty mundane to make the point "managers try to sign players and if they don't sign, it's not for want of trying" - a truism, in fact.

In saying "I'm not sure I can agree" I was trying to leave some benefit of the doubt, but I think you've removed it now.

New left Back? on 15:55 - Aug 25 with 1084 viewsfitzochris

New left Back? on 15:43 - Aug 25 by D_Alien

Why shouldn't I generalise it?

It's pretty mundane to make the point "managers try to sign players and if they don't sign, it's not for want of trying" - a truism, in fact.

In saying "I'm not sure I can agree" I was trying to leave some benefit of the doubt, but I think you've removed it now.

Not at all. Hill could easily not try to sign anybody before the transfer deadline and claim he is happy with his squad etc etc.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2016 15:59]

New left Back? on 16:08 - Aug 25 with 1054 viewsJimmyRustler

The fact that we released Bennett and tried signing Holness is laughable in itself. Add Holness to the job fert boys list of RNL and Thompson and it all starts to look extremely worrying.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024