Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New striker 11:09 - Nov 1 with 16427 viewsBenJ94

Desperately needed in January! I know we'd probably not be saying this had gomis taken around the keeper and scored, but he's clearly not good enough, surely we've got the money to go out and buy a 20mil striker who's guarenteed to get you goals?
New striker on 17:55 - Nov 3 with 1644 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 15:54 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

You miss the point entirely.
Someone already in the Club, not someone for sale in January.

Ah right do we have a better striker than Gomis? No but that alone does not make him a bad player

The point you are missing is that you are reactionary to a few games where the player is clearly out of form and being blamed for everything

EVen though - as many have pointed out - we have no real relegation worries at the moment, have an average points per game tally that equates to around 45 points in a season

Gomis is clearly low on confidence at the moment but we know he can score goals on a regular basis in the Premier League something that so many seem to be overlooking

Move through your hatred of one particular player and look at the wider picture
New striker on 17:56 - Nov 3 with 1640 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 15:29 - Nov 3 by tomdickharry

But he's the player being praised on high by Monk.

Ah right so you want the manager to rip into him in public

Last time he did that he was widely criticised for doing so

Do you know what the manager is saying to the player or just what he is saying to the press?
New striker on 17:57 - Nov 3 with 1640 viewstomdickharry

Tell you one thing Jenkins & Co have guided the club very well over the past 10 or so years,however,the £SD at stake for the next three seasons after this one is greater than ever and will have a huge influence on the thinking of the Board in the next few weeks let alone the January window if results don't go our way. As the old saying goes,best to be wise before the event than after it or everything is ok until something goes wrong.
New striker on 17:58 - Nov 3 with 1640 viewsperchrockjack

He most certainly is gash and his shirt cameo games where he scored have sadly flattered him.

Good form, goalie to beat? This is a premier league player and what he did was indefensible made worse by the fact he again made rueful smiles for the camera.

He s had plenty of chances.

When Jeff does get a cross in, how many times is he nowhere.

He is letting the side down and its nowt to do with style of play. He is utterly inept and we re sleepwalking thinking he says gonna come good.

Prove me wrong? Great, I lol take that but please no more excuses

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

New striker on 18:04 - Nov 3 with 1633 viewsjasper_T

I like the idea that it's a bad thing to react to the performances of a player over a two month period.

Why even bother watching football at all? Just check the league tables every six months to see if we're still doing well.

Still above League Two? Fantastic, coys!
New striker on 18:05 - Nov 3 with 1640 viewsVetchitBack

I've seen Eder play 90 minutes against York and I'd say he looked average at best against defenders who were playing for a team 17th in Division Four.

On Gomis, Looking at the evidence since he's been here then either a) He started off, off-form then got going now is back off-form or b) Is really not that good and his recent spell was the extraordinary for him.

I'd love to believe its a but I just don't think the evidence points to that. His first touch and lack of a football brain at times is almost comical.

I think having at least some serious competition at the moment could be the difference and the reason for this so called slump.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2015 18:07]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

New striker on 18:07 - Nov 3 with 1631 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 18:04 - Nov 3 by jasper_T

I like the idea that it's a bad thing to react to the performances of a player over a two month period.

Why even bother watching football at all? Just check the league tables every six months to see if we're still doing well.

Still above League Two? Fantastic, coys!

Aye because that was being said...good grief try a proper discussion rather than the toys out of the pram response

Do you want to take the two months of recent form as the true guide or the four months that preceded that of league action? It's your call

Some of us prefer to take the wider viewpoint and look over a longer period as to an ability and decide whether the player is "gash" (what a great word) or simply a good player who is out of form and confidence

Notice how nobody is actually defending his performances but he was nowhere near as bad on Saturday as he was painted to be (despite his miss) and certainly far from the worst player on our team on the day
New striker on 18:08 - Nov 3 with 1618 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 17:58 - Nov 3 by perchrockjack

He most certainly is gash and his shirt cameo games where he scored have sadly flattered him.

Good form, goalie to beat? This is a premier league player and what he did was indefensible made worse by the fact he again made rueful smiles for the camera.

He s had plenty of chances.

When Jeff does get a cross in, how many times is he nowhere.

He is letting the side down and its nowt to do with style of play. He is utterly inept and we re sleepwalking thinking he says gonna come good.

Prove me wrong? Great, I lol take that but please no more excuses

Aye its right up there with half Jason Scotland's goals were penalties which was thrown at him quite often when people slagged him off as well

Our inability to back our players is legendary at this club - we don't have an alternative (outside of Eder) and we won't get an alternative in January unless we sell Gomis first.
Login to get fewer ads

New striker on 18:14 - Nov 3 with 1599 viewstomdickharry

New striker on 17:56 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

Ah right so you want the manager to rip into him in public

Last time he did that he was widely criticised for doing so

Do you know what the manager is saying to the player or just what he is saying to the press?

No
It worked
No
New striker on 18:17 - Nov 3 with 1593 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

New striker on 17:51 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

Good constructive argument

So he is solely responsible for everything you believe is wrong with our team?

yep

we are playing with 10 men lately.

as i stated earlier , if he was playing ok then i would stay away from this thread .

Basic's Bafe ,hold the ball up and stop falling over.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

New striker on 18:17 - Nov 3 with 1593 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 18:14 - Nov 3 by tomdickharry

No
It worked
No

It did work. Would be good if he did it again because since he got into the England squad then his form has gone dramatically downhill!!!!
New striker on 18:18 - Nov 3 with 1593 viewsjasper_T

New striker on 18:07 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

Aye because that was being said...good grief try a proper discussion rather than the toys out of the pram response

Do you want to take the two months of recent form as the true guide or the four months that preceded that of league action? It's your call

Some of us prefer to take the wider viewpoint and look over a longer period as to an ability and decide whether the player is "gash" (what a great word) or simply a good player who is out of form and confidence

Notice how nobody is actually defending his performances but he was nowhere near as bad on Saturday as he was painted to be (despite his miss) and certainly far from the worst player on our team on the day

I've never used the word "gash". My wider viewpoint is that Gomis, over ten years of football, has been a very streaky player prone to significant periods of poor form. We seem to differ in that you consider a good player who can be very, very bad for months acceptable, while I do not.

We can't rely on Gomis, so could do with another option. Eder isn't that option, as recent (lack of) appearances have shown, and as I could have told you having watched him play for Braga (and also from discussions with Portuguese analysts in the summer). In fact I'm sure I mentioned it on these forums at the time.
New striker on 18:20 - Nov 3 with 1585 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New striker on 18:08 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

Aye its right up there with half Jason Scotland's goals were penalties which was thrown at him quite often when people slagged him off as well

Our inability to back our players is legendary at this club - we don't have an alternative (outside of Eder) and we won't get an alternative in January unless we sell Gomis first.

Thank you for clarifying the club's position on Gomis and confirming that we have nobody as good as or better than him and that the club has no intention of getting someone who can really challenge his position (unlike Eder).
Also thank you for judging me as "Hating" a Swans Player, when in actual fact I hold him in disdain for not making more of an effort to EARN the vast amount of money he is being paid (compared to actual working men).
New striker on 18:23 - Nov 3 with 1575 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 18:18 - Nov 3 by jasper_T

I've never used the word "gash". My wider viewpoint is that Gomis, over ten years of football, has been a very streaky player prone to significant periods of poor form. We seem to differ in that you consider a good player who can be very, very bad for months acceptable, while I do not.

We can't rely on Gomis, so could do with another option. Eder isn't that option, as recent (lack of) appearances have shown, and as I could have told you having watched him play for Braga (and also from discussions with Portuguese analysts in the summer). In fact I'm sure I mentioned it on these forums at the time.

I apologise someone has used the word "gash" on this thread, I thought it was you but clearly not

I haven't at any point said that I have viewed anything acceptable though but players do go through bad form. Sigurdsson has been there for most of the season, Shelvey and Ki have been there since the end of August (amazing coincidence) and even Fabianski is not as reliable as he was last season. That is without wondering about Ayew coming in and out of being on form or even at times looking interested

Elsewhere on this thread we have someone who believed that he was smiling as he missed (really) and whilst it is clear he is out of form and out of confidence what he does not deserve is the vitriol that is thrown his way by people who seemingly understand football (that one isn't actually aimed at you as the post I have quoted is constructive)

Eder hasn't impressed me in the little I have seen of him in the short appearances I have seen (I didn't see him against York in the COC) and there certainly were people who said when we signed him he wasn't that good
New striker on 18:25 - Nov 3 with 1564 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Perhaps Phil would like to answer this question, what will the club do if Gomis has a bad injury and is out for months, if Eder is obviously not good enough for fulltime premier playing?
New striker on 18:25 - Nov 3 with 1564 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 18:20 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Thank you for clarifying the club's position on Gomis and confirming that we have nobody as good as or better than him and that the club has no intention of getting someone who can really challenge his position (unlike Eder).
Also thank you for judging me as "Hating" a Swans Player, when in actual fact I hold him in disdain for not making more of an effort to EARN the vast amount of money he is being paid (compared to actual working men).

I am sure the club would like a player who could bang in ten times the amount of goals that Gomis will score in a season. Or even a player who would take away the golden boot at the end of the season but there is such a thing as cashflow and to buy we need to sell.

And by the way to whoever said it earlier in the thread, we won't be going down this season
New striker on 18:46 - Nov 3 with 1523 viewspierre91

....there's far too much point scoring in this thread. My suggestion, and I suspect Phil's as well is that Gomis is taking way too much flak for our disappointing performances.

Whether Eder is good enough to replace him is moot - perhaps a run of games will decide.

Let's get one thing across at least - we ALL care and that applies within the Club as well as we supporters.
New striker on 18:57 - Nov 3 with 1505 viewsLandore_Jack

Gomis is clearly in bad run of form. Surely it makes sense to give Eder a chance? Why sign a player for £5m when you won't give him a chance.

Monk's policy is that its your shirt to loose. How much worse does Gomis have to play in order to loose his shirt to Eder?
[Post edited 3 Nov 2015 19:02]

#backtojack

New striker on 19:01 - Nov 3 with 1493 viewsxmastree

New striker on 18:17 - Nov 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

yep

we are playing with 10 men lately.

as i stated earlier , if he was playing ok then i would stay away from this thread .

Basic's Bafe ,hold the ball up and stop falling over.

I do agree with you. We are playing with 10 men at the moment.

The sooner we realise that montero is a one trick pony that other than floating in the odd decent cross does sweet fa the better we will be. When he does hit the box he rarely finds a player, has no incline to cut inside and shoot and defensively leaves Taylor so exposed that he is scared to come forward. Considering we don't attack that often down the right anymore ( we did abit on Saturday ) then it is very hard to see how Gomis ( or others) will ever score when there is no ball in the box to score with !
New striker on 19:07 - Nov 3 with 1483 viewsJackfath

It's all very frustrating. Not Gomis percieved lack of ability, but the hysteria generated on this board.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

New striker on 19:11 - Nov 3 with 1472 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 18:25 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Perhaps Phil would like to answer this question, what will the club do if Gomis has a bad injury and is out for months, if Eder is obviously not good enough for fulltime premier playing?

I suspect then Eder would get a run in the team or we would look to play someone else up front or maybe get a loan in

What an injury doesn't do is generate the significant of cash needed to buy a new player
New striker on 19:12 - Nov 3 with 1471 viewsOldjack

New striker on 19:07 - Nov 3 by Jackfath

It's all very frustrating. Not Gomis percieved lack of ability, but the hysteria generated on this board.

Something needs to be done Doc ,a few names to mull over if the goal drought continues http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-citys-striker-

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

New striker on 19:14 - Nov 3 with 1467 viewsJackfath

New striker on 19:12 - Nov 3 by Oldjack

Something needs to be done Doc ,a few names to mull over if the goal drought continues http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-citys-striker-

IF anyone comes in it will probably be someone we havent heard of and will be cheap but will score a few and then sold on for £25M.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

New striker on 19:14 - Nov 3 with 1467 viewsDr_Winston

Phil's doing a sterling job in the face of some laughable comments.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New striker on 19:17 - Nov 3 with 1459 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 19:14 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

Phil's doing a sterling job in the face of some laughable comments.

Fighting the good fight....that's what an afternoon of conference calls reduces me to!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024