Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heroin 14:29 - Jul 19 with 8022 viewsJackfath

As I walked home from the Uplands to Llangyfelach on Firday night, I stumbled upon a man who was unconscious on the pavement outside ND John Wine merchants. Alongside were two young girls (around 11-14 I'd say), one foreign chap who didn't speak English and a busy body who was trying to take control. There was also another chap who was off his head, agitated and clearly in need of medical help himself, his pupils were like pin heads.

As I approached I asked one of the girls if they'd phoned an ambulance and she handed me a phone which turned out to belong to the foreign chap. It was the 999 service already connected and I explained to the lady where we were (although she was insistent on a post code location).

Within a couple of mins the first response ambulance arrived with a paramedic who gave the chap a couple of injections. A big ambulance then turned up as did two police officers.

I spoke to them and told them the young girls had phoned and witnessed all of this and clearly at their age not a good thing to be seeing and asked if they could have a word with them to congratulate them on their bravery etc.

The chap was put in the back of the ambulance with the other chap who turned out to be his brother and off they went.

As I went on my way I began to wonder at the cost of all this. What a drain the evil of heroin (and other such poisons) are on our NHS. In other countries I am sure that young man would have been left to die on the street.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Heroin on 22:20 - Jul 20 with 2090 viewsmysonsarejacks

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

Heroin on 03:42 - Jul 21 with 2012 viewsnyc_swans

Heroin on 22:20 - Jul 20 by mysonsarejacks

best
Heroin on 07:11 - Jul 21 with 1984 viewsAnotherJohn

Heroin on 21:13 - Jul 20 by Jackfath

He can get help. There are lots of people who he and your family can talk to.

And there was I naively thinking you might welcome some confirmation of your claim that injecting drug use is a problem in our city. My little lad was actually quite disturbed to see the needles. The indignation of your OP seems bizarre when set alongside what passes for your humour. Still I suppose track record is what one should look at.
Heroin on 09:47 - Jul 21 with 1949 viewsClinton

Im not expert, but should there be an experiment to legalise Class A drugs?
Sell them at druggy off-licences, tax them and use the taxes to help the poor souls who get addicted.
you get rid of the heavyweight criminal gangs, and stop the dodgy impurities getting into the products.
Treat it like alcohol in other words.
Seeing the Methadone queues and the messed up characters out there, maybe its worth a try, see if it makes things better. You could always make it illegal again if there were major problems.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Heroin on 09:52 - Jul 21 with 1943 viewsJackfath

Heroin on 07:11 - Jul 21 by AnotherJohn

And there was I naively thinking you might welcome some confirmation of your claim that injecting drug use is a problem in our city. My little lad was actually quite disturbed to see the needles. The indignation of your OP seems bizarre when set alongside what passes for your humour. Still I suppose track record is what one should look at.

Given that you say your son was disturbed by what he witnessed, maybe my suggestion isn't so bad after all. Not sure why you've had a pop at me for what I wrote - clearly any youngster witnessing such scenes could need so help.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Heroin on 09:55 - Jul 21 with 1935 viewsperchrockjack

criminal gangs wont go away and start to earn a legitimate living.
These are professional career criminals and being what they are they will always stay one step ahead and will be looking at other means to maximise profits.

There will always be a market for class a drugs and even if legalised there will still be a supply issue so Im sorry but legalising in that context is a fallacy.

Morally, its repugnant and sends all the wrongs signals to the shallow minded who would see drug taking as
being ok d by the state.

Best to really to go town on usage, suppliers and culture.

Sadly , we haven't the guts

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Heroin on 10:46 - Jul 21 with 1918 viewsbuilthjack

There are known suppliers in every town. Why are they not picked up and thrown inside. It's something that I will never understand.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Heroin on 10:59 - Jul 21 with 1912 viewsAnotherJohn

Heroin on 09:52 - Jul 21 by Jackfath

Given that you say your son was disturbed by what he witnessed, maybe my suggestion isn't so bad after all. Not sure why you've had a pop at me for what I wrote - clearly any youngster witnessing such scenes could need so help.

Well, if I misunderstood in thinking that you were suggesting that teenagers messing around near the Bowling rink must themselves be injecting and need help, then I apologise. My lad isn't such a limp lily that he needs therapy after just seeing a few needles though. He just wanted an explanation of why misguided people ruin their own lives.
Login to get fewer ads

Heroin on 11:08 - Jul 21 with 1902 viewsperchrockjack

Evidence first Builth, then present it, get is past CPS then take it to court and fight off the Defence barrister, then hope for a decent spell away.

It doesn't happen that often ,mate.

Heroin on 11:40 - Jul 21 with 1890 viewsbuilthjack

Heroin on 11:08 - Jul 21 by perchrockjack

Evidence first Builth, then present it, get is past CPS then take it to court and fight off the Defence barrister, then hope for a decent spell away.

It doesn't happen that often ,mate.

It seems that it's easy to get evidence against the small time occasional users though Richie, they are in the local courts every week, and get done for it with £100 fines etc. but the big boys don't get done. It's good for figures to keep picking off the small users, but the problem lies with the suppliers. Surely with the equipment we have these days, these suppliers can be picked up pretty quick.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Heroin on 13:02 - Jul 21 with 1846 viewsdickythorpe

I believe the so called "Mr. Big's" are high up and "untouchable".
Heroin on 13:34 - Jul 21 with 1830 viewsperchrockjack

They do Builth. I put away quite a few myself.

It takes a lot of time and MONEY and the cost of the investigation will always be scutinised from above.

Its also the case the top lads will have the best scum (sorry barristers) to defend them who will go to any lengths to win.

Filthy business

Heroin on 23:15 - Jul 22 with 1718 viewstruckjack

Heroin on 20:35 - Jul 20 by Darran

No nobody knew that.

You're funny......sometimes
Heroin on 01:43 - Jul 23 with 1688 viewsThursday

Heroin on 21:03 - Jul 20 by nyc_swans

heroin is killing many hundreds of people every day in the US. it's become one of the worst health crises in a long time and it's mainly affecting middle class people. these are mainly people in rural communities or well-to-do suburbs who are prescribed opiates for pain, become addicted, and then turn to heroin as its cheaper.

it's just awful. entire towns are ruined and i don't think anybody knows what to do about it. i'm in new york where you see it, but it's pretty safe here mostly.

CDC reported 6,235 heroin overdose deaths in 2013, or about 17 per day. Happen you have a Welsh cousin called Swanzay?
Heroin on 04:01 - Jul 23 with 1677 viewsHumpty

Heroin on 16:35 - Jul 19 by Darran

I agree Sean Harrison was in Boots having his last week and what a f^cking mess he is.

Any real need to bring a bloke into it who probably didn't want to be discussed on a football message board Darren?
Heroin on 04:30 - Jul 23 with 1673 viewsHumpty

Heroin on 14:55 - Jul 19 by perchrockjack

If it was legalised and therefore readily available then we could see this scene more often.

Drugs kill and should,IMO, always hard to come by.

Really? Hands up here who would choose to take heroin if it was suddenly legalised?

There we go. F*cking nobody.

Because we're all sensible people and we all know being a junkie would be shit.

And if you want to take drugs the fear of the law doesn't mean anything. When i was younger the law didn't mean anything to me as I took and enjoyed pretty much every drug that was available. I had a very good time and now that I'm all grown up I no longer do it.

Unfortunately, there are a very small amount of people who get into heroin. And they are a pest as they burgle everyone they can to get money to buy more heroin. Because they need it.

Simple answer is give it to them. Like we did in the sixties. Back in the sixties junkies could go along to their doctor and ask for their fix. And they got it. No need to burgle people for money, just give me my smack and I'll be on my way.

But then the clever people who rule over us made it illegal. Guess what? The tiny amount of people who used heroin didn't stop taking heroin. They just bought it off criminals instead. And the criminals took over the whole heroin business and tried their hardest to get new customers.

Something so obvious yet so hard to understand for really clever policemen like Perch.

Perch, if junkies could get their fixes from the doctor, they wouldn't be trying to steal my f*cking bike from my f*cking shed. End of problem. If they then die, that's very sad but that's far less harm than what they're doing to society now.

I don't expect you you to understand this Perch. I don't really expect you to understand anything. How the f*ck did you get a job as a policeman?
Heroin on 08:44 - Jul 23 with 1648 viewsperchrockjack

Some personal stuff there hump.

Its my opinion. Got that.

It differs from yours. Got that.

Maybe you should be a paid authority on the matter.

I think I ll pm you when I have the chance so ,do us a favour and keep it to topic ;I ll deal with your comments personally.

What job do you do by the way.

Heroin on 09:44 - Jul 23 with 1628 viewsDarran

Heroin on 04:01 - Jul 23 by Humpty

Any real need to bring a bloke into it who probably didn't want to be discussed on a football message board Darren?

Who the f*ck are you?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Heroin (n/t) on 16:44 - Jul 23 with 1569 viewsperchrockjack

Heroin on 16:50 - Jul 23 with 1561 viewsperchrockjack

He seems one of the T2C persuasion, ie unable to have any discourse without being drawn into abusing someone he dislikes on here. In other words ,one poster we can do without as their type brings us nothing.
At least, I have to act the tw@t instead of being my natural self.

THE SUBJECT WAS HEOIN, Not Police ,not former jobs, not an invitation to chuck insults at people whom they don't know.

Its been a pleasant day DARREN and we ve been to walk Moel Famau then nice lunch in Ruthin/Rhuthun. Last week, missus went with a sister to walk the Flint/FFlint riverpath.

See you soon D. I ll be in touch

Heroin on 17:42 - Jul 23 with 1549 viewsGroo

Firstly, I'm not a drug user. Tried weed and speed many many moons ago but not for me.

My thoughts are this. If you legalized these drugs:

1. Control could be made on the quality. (I hear many cases of bad stuff killing)
2. people would be paying tax. (which could go towards the cost of medical consequences etc)
3. The bad guys who make billions would be out of the loop
4. Help could be better targeted and help centres again paid for by the tax gained.
5. Forgot to add, safe places to take them could be created (no needles in playgrounds etc)

People will get the drugs they want somehow, always have and always will. In the present situation bad guys make loads of money from supply and demand and the people buying are at their mercy.

There's no good option either way, its easy to say you shouldn't take drugs but for whatever reason thousands of people are suckered in. Always will be.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2015 17:43]

Groo does what Groo does best

Heroin on 17:53 - Jul 23 with 1536 viewsperchrockjack

Groo.

Fair points but they are ones we don't KNOW would succeed. Its also fair to say we haven't succeeded with how we deal with the problem now as people seem to want to experiment and go headlong into Armageddon.

If class A were legalised ,my opinion would be, after many years in the "fight" against , the drugs would be sold on to those unable to get it forst hand.
In other words ,the aquisitor would sell the drugs on to a third party and trust me professional criminals will stil make a living out of the industry. To think other wise is simply naïve.

It is a another case of Mankind being unable to sort his head from his arse and avoid these killer drugs.

Finally, its a fair point that heroin itself doesn't kill but that the life style DOES.

Heroine has seen off many of my "heroes" and I despise it and I ll go to my grave hating it and everything about it.

Thanks for a genuine reply, GROO. You ve shown how its possible to debate on here.

And get a warm coat for that winter. Canada looks doubtful for us next year as daughter has 30th at the same time of the FALL and pointless going to Quebec just to argue and squabble with the Quebecois.

"Vive le Quebec Libre"- I can hear De Gaule now spouting that .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024