Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people 14:29 - May 10 with 7809 viewsdgt73

Labour wouldn't have done that. The conservative party = the party of the hard working classes.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:59 - May 10 with 1316 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:57 - May 10 by blueytheblue

For one thing elves are slim; plenty of porkers at DVLA.

How do you know?

Poll: Tory leader

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:01 - May 10 with 1313 viewsLohengrin

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:59 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

How do you know?

It's all part of the Jewish Conspiracy.... they know EVERYTHING!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:02 - May 10 with 1311 viewsmonmouth

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:56 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Tory manifesto pledges to increase the income tax allowance to £12500 and the 40p threshold to £50k.

Crikey. What are they going to do then? Abolish all benefits?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:02 - May 10 with 1304 viewsblueytheblue

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:59 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

How do you know?

Try getting trapped in an elevator with some of them. I had to stifle a laugh when one said her diet was going well...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:03 - May 10 with 1300 viewsjackonicko

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:56 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Tory manifesto pledges to increase the income tax allowance to £12500 and the 40p threshold to £50k.

You can be assured that the top rate threshold won't budge though. Impacts a small number of people but will raise a much more substantial amount.
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:04 - May 10 with 1290 viewsperchrockjack

maybe dgt is simply reacting to the incessant demonising of the conservative party and those who vote for them, not all millionaires.
I think the voters of Gower have broken the mould in both senses of the word.

The likes of lisa and the estimable clasie will benefit as they are part of the hard working classes that dgt alludes to.

We need to create wealth ,create jobs and ot just pin money call centre crap ones, we need to get our self piting angst sorted out.

I ll wager many of the professional demonstrators will have had all the benefits of a "privileged" upbringing and see demonstrating as "cool". When they grow up they ll be fine.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:04 - May 10 with 1291 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:02 - May 10 by blueytheblue

Try getting trapped in an elevator with some of them. I had to stifle a laugh when one said her diet was going well...

Answer the question. Have you worked there? If so, make yourself known, they always welcome a good Cardiff fan to laugh at. Last year a few misguided Neath/Port Talbot types took to wearing their Vermin shirts to work. That seems to have stopped now. Funny that.

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:06 - May 10 with 1276 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:03 - May 10 by jackonicko

You can be assured that the top rate threshold won't budge though. Impacts a small number of people but will raise a much more substantial amount.

I genuinely thought they'd binned the top rate but no, it's still there. 45% over £150k. I wouldn't be surprised if they get rid of that altogether. They can make the difference up by asking those who have less to pay more. They like that sort of thing.

Login to get fewer ads

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:07 - May 10 with 1268 viewsblueytheblue

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:04 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Answer the question. Have you worked there? If so, make yourself known, they always welcome a good Cardiff fan to laugh at. Last year a few misguided Neath/Port Talbot types took to wearing their Vermin shirts to work. That seems to have stopped now. Funny that.

My company in the past have supplied services there. I took to running up the stairs rather than take the lift - good exercise due to blood pressure issues. Ironically, after the contract ended my blood pressure lowered dramatically - must have been the incompetence. *whistles*

Had some quality bantz with some Jacks there. Regularly took a CCFC rucksack in with me, not a peep was to be heard.

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:09 - May 10 with 1254 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:02 - May 10 by monmouth

Crikey. What are they going to do then? Abolish all benefits?

I believe that's the plan, yes. The manifesto also contains a pledge not to increase NI. I only glanced over the Tory manifesto pre-election because it wasn't as if I was ever going to consider voting for them. I've now read all of it (not least because I had to for work). It's a truly terrifying document for anyone who values justice and fairness. I'm hoping against hope that Cameron's "one-nation" rhetoric in the immediate post-election aftermath trumps some of the stuff in the manifesto.
[Post edited 10 May 2015 16:10]

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:10 - May 10 with 1245 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:07 - May 10 by blueytheblue

My company in the past have supplied services there. I took to running up the stairs rather than take the lift - good exercise due to blood pressure issues. Ironically, after the contract ended my blood pressure lowered dramatically - must have been the incompetence. *whistles*

Had some quality bantz with some Jacks there. Regularly took a CCFC rucksack in with me, not a peep was to be heard.

Which company? PM if you prefer.

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:13 - May 10 with 1237 viewsraynor94

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:57 - May 10 by blueytheblue

For one thing elves are slim; plenty of porkers at DVLA.

What a pathetic comment! I take it you perfectly proportioned and have the looks of a film star?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:14 - May 10 with 1235 viewsblueytheblue

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:10 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Which company? PM if you prefer.

Almost certainly not a company you'd have heard of tbh.

To be honest, I got the impression there were a lot of plastics there - seemed to be way more Liverpool, Man Yoo etc fans there than either yourselves or us.

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:15 - May 10 with 1233 viewslondonlisa2001

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:43 - May 10 by jackonicko

I agree. VAT increases would be political suicide so it won't happen. The only thing a politician does more than telling fibs is spending time thinking about reelection.

Stealth taxes will be the order of the day. Trust you are shovelling contributions into your pension fund while you can...

Oh good God - I've never had a pension fund let alone shovel anything into it.

Have known far too many actuaries in my life to consider them as anything other than an appalling waste of money.

Always regarded my house as a tax free pension fund - no intention of living in London when I'm old.
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:16 - May 10 with 1229 viewsHighjack

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:13 - May 10 by raynor94

What a pathetic comment! I take it you perfectly proportioned and have the looks of a film star?

Yeah, He's like Danny DeVito.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:17 - May 10 with 1206 viewsjackonicko

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:06 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

I genuinely thought they'd binned the top rate but no, it's still there. 45% over £150k. I wouldn't be surprised if they get rid of that altogether. They can make the difference up by asking those who have less to pay more. They like that sort of thing.

I can't see it going for a few years yet for the same reasons as a VAT increase. Too toxic.

But I firmly believe income taxes should never exceed 40%. Any higher, it reduces the incentive to earn more or increase the incentive to legitimately avoid. All the evidence shows a rate of about 40% maximises total revenues.

Which explains why the Labour government never charged a higher rate for all the time they were in office from 1997-2010. It was a spiteful budget change by Gordon Brown knowing he was going to lose the election shortly thereafter, and knowing the Tories could never justify its removal.

We will be stuck with 45% for a while.

I would actually like to see a much more graduated income tax banding, with 40% coming in a lot higher than it currently does, and with the threshold at which you start paying tax equating to full time work on minimum wage. But that will take some years.
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:17 - May 10 with 1203 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 16:14 - May 10 by blueytheblue

Almost certainly not a company you'd have heard of tbh.

To be honest, I got the impression there were a lot of plastics there - seemed to be way more Liverpool, Man Yoo etc fans there than either yourselves or us.

I'm fairly willing to bet I've heard of the company if it's had a contract there. No matter though.

Depends how long ago you were there. For years the relative few of us who were "out and proud" Swans fans were derided for spending our weekends with 3000 others at the Vetch watching lower league tat. Funnily enough in the last five years or so the amount of apparently lifelong Swans fans working there has increased exponentially. There are still a fair number of Liverpool/Manc plastics there though.

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 17:40 - May 10 with 1157 viewskarnataka

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 15:40 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

I completely understand why anyone is worried, but there are things they lie about and things they can't afford to. For a Tory to swear blind he will not put up tax or VAT and then to do it would be absolute suicide.

In the run up to the 2010 general election there were reports that the Conservatives would raise VAT if they gained power. The party denied the reports. In the 2010 budget, Chancellor George Osborne announced that the standard rate of VAT would increase from 17.5% to 20% with effect from 4 January 2011.
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 17:43 - May 10 with 1145 viewslondonlisa2001

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 17:40 - May 10 by karnataka

In the run up to the 2010 general election there were reports that the Conservatives would raise VAT if they gained power. The party denied the reports. In the 2010 budget, Chancellor George Osborne announced that the standard rate of VAT would increase from 17.5% to 20% with effect from 4 January 2011.

They did indeed. They also said that the reason for it was that the state of the country's finances were in a far worse state that they had previously believed.

They have no such excuse this time and they won't raise VAT.
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 17:59 - May 10 with 1123 viewskarnataka

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 17:43 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

They did indeed. They also said that the reason for it was that the state of the country's finances were in a far worse state that they had previously believed.

They have no such excuse this time and they won't raise VAT.

If you look at the history of VAT rates :

1979 8% >15% (Geoffrey Howe)
1991 15%>17.5% (Norman Lamont)
2010 17.5%>20% (George Osborne)

All by Conservative governments, so why should this one be any different? And why would there be an outcry if they did? The only reasons they've got away with it in the past is because too many people can't see past the amount of tax deducted from their pay and don't realise that they're paying additional tax in so many other ways. Drop the basic rate of PAYE and put up VAT (and probably NI contributions) and nobody will notice.
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 18:06 - May 10 with 1111 viewstrampie

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 17:59 - May 10 by karnataka

All by Conservative governments, so why should this one be any different? And why would there be an outcry if they did? The only reasons they've got away with it in the past is because too many people can't see past the amount of tax deducted from their pay and don't realise that they're paying additional tax in so many other ways. Drop the basic rate of PAYE and put up VAT (and probably NI contributions) and nobody will notice.

Its despicable, VAT is a tax on the poor, VAT should be low and income tax for those earning a decent wage high.

I used to support Karnataka in Indian cricket, Chandrasekhar, Prasanna and Viswanath back in the day, nothing better than seeing the English get knocked over in the colonies by the indigenous locals.
[Post edited 10 May 2015 18:14]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 18:12 - May 10 with 1094 viewslondonlisa2001

because they made such a huge political point about it with the shenanigans in the commons for days followed by catching Milliband out in PMQs.

There are much easier ways of them raising tax if that's what they want to do without the embarrassment.
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 18:16 - May 10 with 1086 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tories love whacking VAT up. It raises a bucketload of money and disproportionately affects those who are less likely to be able to deal with the increase. Right up Tory alley that is. Lisa's right though, they can't raise it in this parliament given the fuss they made about not doing so. They'll wait until 2020.

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 18:29 - May 10 with 1055 viewskarnataka

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 18:16 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

Tories love whacking VAT up. It raises a bucketload of money and disproportionately affects those who are less likely to be able to deal with the increase. Right up Tory alley that is. Lisa's right though, they can't raise it in this parliament given the fuss they made about not doing so. They'll wait until 2020.

So are you suggesting they're above breaking promises?
Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 18:31 - May 10 with 1045 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tax cuts on the way for 30 million people on 18:29 - May 10 by karnataka

So are you suggesting they're above breaking promises?

Ha, nice question. No not at all. But I doubt they'll break this particular pledge.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024