Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
racingmad 09:51 - Mar 7 with 10885 viewsracingmad

am i the only dale fan who finds it strange that keith hill is yet again having a go at supporters in todays observer.? hes saying their is no energy from the fans and tuesdays attendance was poor. may i remind mr hill that in december he commented that the club was in a strong financial postion and that he was happy with his squad and no player would be sold to anyone especially a team in our division. so when january comes around we sell our leading scorer matt done to our promotion rival sheff utd . before tuesdays game we had lost 4 out of 6 since dones departure . so mr hill before you start berating the fans for dwindling attendances and lack of atmosphere inside spotland please look at your own actions........
racingmad on 09:56 - Mar 7 with 5213 viewsLuke8686

Aren't true fans supposed to get behind the team no matter what? Bottom line is Done wanted to leave and Hill couldn't really stand in the way of a player who wants to better his career. At the end of the day despite our recent blip we are still in the best position in our history of making the league one playoffs and potential promotion to the championship so now really isn't the time for any negativity..
racingmad on 10:25 - Mar 7 with 5193 viewsTalkingSutty

racingmad on 09:56 - Mar 7 by Luke8686

Aren't true fans supposed to get behind the team no matter what? Bottom line is Done wanted to leave and Hill couldn't really stand in the way of a player who wants to better his career. At the end of the day despite our recent blip we are still in the best position in our history of making the league one playoffs and potential promotion to the championship so now really isn't the time for any negativity..

The fans did get behind the team on Tuesday, well the ones who bothered to turn up did. I anticipated a tough game and wasn't over confident at all, i think most probably thought the same way.

Then to listen to Hilly saying the fans all expected us to win 8-0,just baffled me a bit. To not make any comment regarding his interview would be even stranger i think.

We have to go through it all again tonight unless Beechy does the honours.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 10:26]
racingmad on 10:31 - Mar 7 with 5164 viewsracingmad

ive been supporting dale since 1977 . ive been their on freezing cold tuesday nights were thers been barely 700 fans in attendance the club fighting off relegation year on year and players not being paid....we had to sell our best players just to survive...now we are in a very good financial position after our recent selling of players and great cup runs but we still want to sell and help our promotion rivals...would liverpool sell sturridge to man utd??????????????
racingmad on 10:33 - Mar 7 with 5150 views442Dale

There is little negativity coming from the fans.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

racingmad on 10:35 - Mar 7 with 5146 viewsLuke8686

racingmad on 10:25 - Mar 7 by TalkingSutty

The fans did get behind the team on Tuesday, well the ones who bothered to turn up did. I anticipated a tough game and wasn't over confident at all, i think most probably thought the same way.

Then to listen to Hilly saying the fans all expected us to win 8-0,just baffled me a bit. To not make any comment regarding his interview would be even stranger i think.

We have to go through it all again tonight unless Beechy does the honours.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 10:26]

Yeah agree with that, but I think Hilly only made those comments in the heat of the moment and probably regretted what he said afterwards. Definitely something very mourinho-esque about having a go at the fans and hopefully there will be a response today
racingmad on 10:38 - Mar 7 with 5137 viewsTalkingSutty

racingmad on 10:31 - Mar 7 by racingmad

ive been supporting dale since 1977 . ive been their on freezing cold tuesday nights were thers been barely 700 fans in attendance the club fighting off relegation year on year and players not being paid....we had to sell our best players just to survive...now we are in a very good financial position after our recent selling of players and great cup runs but we still want to sell and help our promotion rivals...would liverpool sell sturridge to man utd??????????????

I think that's been done to death and the deal seemed to suit all parties but made us weaker on the pitch. We will always have to sell but the timing was terrible and because of that i think it sent a bad message to supporters.
racingmad on 10:38 - Mar 7 with 5137 viewsracingmad

racingmad on 10:33 - Mar 7 by 442Dale

There is little negativity coming from the fans.

what all 1,192 of em according to sir keith ????
racingmad on 10:41 - Mar 7 with 5125 viewspioneer

if he regrets saying it in the heat of the moment he should apologise to the fans....but I dont think he regrets anything he says...likes the sound of his own voice too much.

Frustrated that he probably got pressure from the board to sell, he trys to distract attention by blaming the fans. Shame on you Keith.
Login to get fewer ads

racingmad on 10:41 - Mar 7 with 5125 viewsroccydaleian

I've been going longer than you, this is probably the greatest Dale team ever, with Dale's most successful manager of all time at the helm. We've got no goal scorers but have managed to score over fifty goals so far this season. Aye shit season, I'm going today to see what I can moan about tomorrow
racingmad on 10:42 - Mar 7 with 5108 views442Dale

I've not being going as long as any of you (always a great game!) and think we don't defend set pieces very well.

racingmad on 10:45 - Mar 7 with 5096 viewsracingmad

racingmad on 10:41 - Mar 7 by roccydaleian

I've been going longer than you, this is probably the greatest Dale team ever, with Dale's most successful manager of all time at the helm. We've got no goal scorers but have managed to score over fifty goals so far this season. Aye shit season, I'm going today to see what I can moan about tomorrow

try the fact that the done deal was good for all parties apart from dale fans who dont even get too know how much we sell for....dunphy and hill playing GOD again...
racingmad on 10:49 - Mar 7 with 5073 views442Dale

racingmad on 10:45 - Mar 7 by racingmad

try the fact that the done deal was good for all parties apart from dale fans who dont even get too know how much we sell for....dunphy and hill playing GOD again...

Time and again we have sold players and then moved forwards with others. It's what we do and because Hill is such a good manager we do it very well.

racingmad on 10:50 - Mar 7 with 5075 viewsroccydaleian

racingmad on 10:45 - Mar 7 by racingmad

Ok.
racingmad on 10:58 - Mar 7 with 5047 viewsracingmad

racingmad on 10:49 - Mar 7 by 442Dale

Time and again we have sold players and then moved forwards with others. It's what we do and because Hill is such a good manager we do it very well.

but obviously tuesdays attendance speaks for itself....
racingmad on 11:03 - Mar 7 with 5024 viewsD_Alien

racingmad on 10:58 - Mar 7 by racingmad

Not loudly enough though, by all accounts

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

racingmad on 11:03 - Mar 7 with 5020 viewsD_Dale

racingmad on 10:41 - Mar 7 by roccydaleian

It's an odd thing about Keith Hill - he's brilliant at getting the best out of (with a few exceptions) players, putting them in the shop-window, then keeping the club afloat financially by transferring them while finding replacements. But when it comes to selling himself, he sometimes gives the impression of someone whose brain isn't properly connected to his mouth in a way that is likely to put off club chairmen looking to sign a manager. Although his remarks sometimes annoy fans, we remind ourselves that none of us can remember a better Dale manager and hope he continues to be so.
racingmad on 11:04 - Mar 7 with 5014 views442Dale

racingmad on 10:58 - Mar 7 by racingmad

It's one of the reasons why we look to maximise money from player sales.

Selling players isn't the reason for small crowds, more to do with other factors including not doing enough to retain the extra fans who turn up for big games.

If it was the reason, we'd have about 400 there today after all the talent we've made money from over recent years.

racingmad on 11:10 - Mar 7 with 4984 viewsracingmad

racingmad on 11:03 - Mar 7 by D_Alien

Not loudly enough though, by all accounts

LOL.......
racingmad on 11:11 - Mar 7 with 4980 viewsjustanillusion

racingmad on 10:49 - Mar 7 by 442Dale

yes, Dale fans understand that but the reason the 'Done ' deal has caused such resentment amongst Dale fans is because for the first time in Dales history we were not skint, having sold Hogan and the FA cup run, plus proceeds from a televised match versus Stoke one would think the 'rainy day' funds were very healthy.
Dale reverted to type and lacked ambition whilst on the brink of the play-offs.
The comments from Hill of how much he has struggled to bring in a striker in recent weeks due to no other league 1 club wishing to do business with a rival in the same league makes our decision to sell to Sheff Utd even more laughable.
I don't buy the 'Done had his turned and wanted to go' crap.... Sell him in the summer then!
racingmad on 11:41 - Mar 7 with 4915 viewsTVOS1907

No, put Arsenal would sell Robin Van Persie to Man United.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

racingmad on 12:02 - Mar 7 with 4869 viewsYouTubeDale

racingmad on 11:11 - Mar 7 by justanillusion

yes, Dale fans understand that but the reason the 'Done ' deal has caused such resentment amongst Dale fans is because for the first time in Dales history we were not skint, having sold Hogan and the FA cup run, plus proceeds from a televised match versus Stoke one would think the 'rainy day' funds were very healthy.
The comments from Hill of how much he has struggled to bring in a striker in recent weeks due to no other league 1 club wishing to do business with a rival in the same league makes our decision to sell to Sheff Utd even more laughable.
I don't buy the 'Done had his turned and wanted to go' crap.... Sell him in the summer then!

SPOT ON !!!!!!!

We will never know what we could have done this season. We possibly had a golden chance of going up. My God, Dale in the Championship, we must be dreaming !!! But it could have happened, and it still might. But with Done in the team then we would have a better chance. And no it would not be suicidal, Keith, getting there next season. We could cut our cloth accordingly. That is what we excel at. Done would still have been a valuable asset at the end of the season and could have made his move then. The only risk is if Done picked up an injury. I know it didn't work out for his Palace move, but then we all have to make a sacrifice for the sake of one person.

This debate will not lie down until we see the real outcome at the end of the season.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

racingmad on 12:17 - Mar 7 with 4807 viewsTalkingSutty

racingmad on 11:04 - Mar 7 by 442Dale

It's one of the reasons why we look to maximise money from player sales.

Selling players isn't the reason for small crowds, more to do with other factors including not doing enough to retain the extra fans who turn up for big games.

If it was the reason, we'd have about 400 there today after all the talent we've made money from over recent years.

But selling players for good money, takes away any urgency to explore other money making ventures.

It means other people at the club can piggy back on Hills ability to generate cash through player sales. It hides others inadequacies.
racingmad on 12:21 - Mar 7 with 4794 viewsmidlandsdale

racingmad on 11:11 - Mar 7 by justanillusion

As always I respect others opinions, but I think the issues below are key.

If SU hadn't got Matty, they would have probably got someone else, thus he would have missed out on the opportunity. Two issues here. This happened before at 'barnsleydale' with Palace, and I honestly don't think KH wanted to do that to MD again.

The other issue is that even though Im sure MD was happy here, you just can't turn down having your salary doubled overnight. Its a very short career that can end in a second, and having missed the 'bigger' move once it would have been stupid for him to turn it down again.
racingmad on 12:28 - Mar 7 with 4773 viewsjustanillusion

racingmad on 12:21 - Mar 7 by midlandsdale

As always I respect others opinions, but I think the issues below are key.

If SU hadn't got Matty, they would have probably got someone else, thus he would have missed out on the opportunity. Two issues here. This happened before at 'barnsleydale' with Palace, and I honestly don't think KH wanted to do that to MD again.

The other issue is that even though Im sure MD was happy here, you just can't turn down having your salary doubled overnight. Its a very short career that can end in a second, and having missed the 'bigger' move once it would have been stupid for him to turn it down again.

Reflecting on the selling of Done you fail to mention also Keith Hills vested interest of receiving a 10% cut of any transfer fee agreed.
racingmad on 12:32 - Mar 7 with 4753 viewsmexmike

Since ive been going to Dale (1993 i think) we've always had poor crowds and lets face it we dont sing much lol, Keith knows this so i dont see the point in banging on about it constantly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024