Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis 21:29 - Feb 11 with 16558 viewstwotimejack

I hope to god he proves me wrong, but what a fuking donkey, no pace, absolutely shit 1st touch and terrible at turning with the ball, like i said i hope I'm proved wrong but what a let down he has been so far.

Poll: Is Garry the right man to take the club on to the next level

Gomis on 22:54 - Feb 11 with 3285 viewstherealme

Gomis on 22:08 - Feb 11 by twotimejack

Neither are going to score many goals, Nelson is like Danny graham on roids

LOL brilliant

And I agree, not for me

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Gomis on 22:55 - Feb 11 with 3284 viewsbuilthjack

Big mistake getting Gomis. Even bigger mistake to keep playing him.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gomis on 22:55 - Feb 11 with 3281 viewsSlugster664

Gomis on 22:38 - Feb 11 by thomasJack

I can write it in Danish if you prefer it ??

Ohhhhh.....didn't know you were a foreigner pal, I genuinely didn't understand your comment.....thought you were a bit twp like

STID

Gomis on 23:39 - Feb 11 with 3247 viewsgsw123

Gomis was an absolute joke. But on the other hand he had no ball either
I was there and every time we got in West broms half not once did I think we could score. Was it pulis doing his homework? or do we need to have a big rethink on who manages the club?
Gomis on 00:44 - Feb 12 with 3208 viewsJackFish

Gomis on 23:39 - Feb 11 by gsw123

Gomis was an absolute joke. But on the other hand he had no ball either
I was there and every time we got in West broms half not once did I think we could score. Was it pulis doing his homework? or do we need to have a big rethink on who manages the club?

That was pretty much the same performance as we put in in our two visits to Stoke when Pulis was manager there. We've not looked like scoring in any of those three games.

As for Gomis, does anyone know what his strengths are (supposed to be)?
Gomis on 01:16 - Feb 12 with 3185 viewsWanderer

Gomis on 22:01 - Feb 11 by LeonisGod

Isn't he a winger though?

Guys, i don't care if he's a goalie, he's banging them in , Give him a half , give him a go!
Gomis on 01:28 - Feb 12 with 3175 viewsScoobyWho

Gomis on 00:44 - Feb 12 by JackFish

That was pretty much the same performance as we put in in our two visits to Stoke when Pulis was manager there. We've not looked like scoring in any of those three games.

Chopsing on French tv.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Gomis on 13:23 - Feb 12 with 3083 viewsDyfnant

Gomis on 22:38 - Feb 11 by thomasJack

I can write it in Danish if you prefer it ??

Have a try in English first.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis on 14:01 - Feb 12 with 3057 viewsLeonisGod

Gomis on 00:44 - Feb 12 by JackFish

No. The consensus on here was that he was different to Bony, so people assumed that meant he would play off the shoulder of the last defender and run in behind teams. I've seen nothing to suggest he wants to do that. Villarreal, in hindsight, told us that - they spent the game getting in each other's way.

To me he looks to play EXACTLY the same way as Bony, but he's not as good. He was dropping deeper and deeper last night he was practically in midfield. When he does make a run he hides behind his marker but doesn't commit to a run in behind, so JJS / Siggy have no chance of picking him out. I'll hold my hands up and say I haven't a clue how we can use him. We're using him as Bony atm, but it's not working.

Oliveira on the other hand is much easier. He's crying out to be the last man making runs in behind and running the channels. The DG on steroids post might be having a dig, but he's very much like a beefed up DG10. We could try using him as such....
Gomis on 14:24 - Feb 12 with 3025 viewsswan_si

Gomis on 14:01 - Feb 12 by LeonisGod

No. The consensus on here was that he was different to Bony, so people assumed that meant he would play off the shoulder of the last defender and run in behind teams. I've seen nothing to suggest he wants to do that. Villarreal, in hindsight, told us that - they spent the game getting in each other's way.

To me he looks to play EXACTLY the same way as Bony, but he's not as good. He was dropping deeper and deeper last night he was practically in midfield. When he does make a run he hides behind his marker but doesn't commit to a run in behind, so JJS / Siggy have no chance of picking him out. I'll hold my hands up and say I haven't a clue how we can use him. We're using him as Bony atm, but it's not working.

Oliveira on the other hand is much easier. He's crying out to be the last man making runs in behind and running the channels. The DG on steroids post might be having a dig, but he's very much like a beefed up DG10. We could try using him as such....

i thought Gomis did ok, he marked their defender out of the game.

as for Oliveira i agree totally, his 1st touch is better than Gomis, he's got quicker feet, he looks for space to run into, and until he has a run of games we'll never know how good he is, we should of taken the 7 mil for Gomis and the 4 mil for Taylor, even if we had to limp through the rest of the season, and regroup in the summer. Oliveira is on loan, if he turns out to be a decent striker, we could put a bid in for him, but until we give him a chance to prove his worth, it's pointless him being here.
Gomis on 14:35 - Feb 12 with 3016 viewsWingstandwood

Sorry to draw a parallel here! But could Gomis be exactly like 1973 horror movie classic The Exorcist? You know?..... Very slow to start with but towards the end?...... Complete and utter mind-blowing stuff!

Remember the little girl in The Exorcist? She started off quite mildly causing a few scratching noises in the attic, urinating in front of guests at a late evening party, being generally disruptive and grabbing a psychiatrist’s testicles etc……..

She then went on to levitate herself, turn her head a full 360 degrees, levitate a solid oak 4 poster bed, vomit distances of 6-10ft, speak fluent French and Latin and cause a priest (Jesuit type!) to jump out of a high window!……

The question is?........ Could Gomis performance levels just like the girl in The Exorcist?...... Go from one extreme to another with similar impact and magnitude?

Argus!

Gomis on 14:38 - Feb 12 with 3012 viewsskippyjack

Starting with Oliviera against Utd wouldn't be the brightest of moves.. I'd start him against Burnley.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Gomis on 15:01 - Feb 12 with 2992 viewsPegojack

Gomis on 14:35 - Feb 12 by Wingstandwood

Sorry to draw a parallel here! But could Gomis be exactly like 1973 horror movie classic The Exorcist? You know?..... Very slow to start with but towards the end?...... Complete and utter mind-blowing stuff!

Remember the little girl in The Exorcist? She started off quite mildly causing a few scratching noises in the attic, urinating in front of guests at a late evening party, being generally disruptive and grabbing a psychiatrist’s testicles etc……..

She then went on to levitate herself, turn her head a full 360 degrees, levitate a solid oak 4 poster bed, vomit distances of 6-10ft, speak fluent French and Latin and cause a priest (Jesuit type!) to jump out of a high window!……

The question is?........ Could Gomis performance levels just like the girl in The Exorcist?...... Go from one extreme to another with similar impact and magnitude?

TORTURED ANALOGY OF THE YEAR winner by a country mile.

Brilliant!
Gomis on 19:51 - Feb 12 with 2894 viewsA_Fans_Dad

We have gone from Michu 18 PL Goals in 2012/13 to Bony 16 Pl Goals in 2013/2014 to Bony 9 goals in the first half of the 2014/15 season to ZERO goals by a striker in the 5 games since then.
Gomis has a worse Goals/Minutes played than Ki, Shelvey, Sygi and that (so called crap) Dyer. He also has No Assists whereas all the rest except, Emnes who has only played 277 minutes, have at least 1.
His Shot Accuracy (26%) is also the worst out of all them as well and not even as good as Emnes (75%).
He has now played 983 minutes.
Gomis on 20:04 - Feb 12 with 2883 viewsairedale

Post of the week (so far) imo.
Gomis on 21:16 - Feb 12 with 2669 viewsFlashberryjack

Hasn't Gomis got another 3 years left on his £55,000 a week contract ?
How the f*ck Huw didn't let him go to Palace or West Ham in the window and cut our losses I'll never know..... that is if reports are true that they were after him.

At 29 years of age and in his current form, we probably wouldn't be able to give him away whilst he has that contract in his pocket, I'ts one hell of a tough call for Garry to make. Keep our biggest earner on the bench ? or keep on picking him in the hope that he will come good....which IMO isn't going to happen.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Gomis on 23:06 - Feb 12 with 2601 viewsmarchamjack

Gomis is clearly not our long term striker solution, we know it, the club certainly know it. So let's see the season out with him and Oliveira and then look forwards to someone else in his place.

Shame for now we're stuck with him is the problem.

We're not gong down, so I would honestly give Gorre a go and if he's as sht as Gomis then nothing at all lost and we can ship them both out in the Summer and move on.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Gomis on 23:59 - Feb 12 with 2583 viewsDyfnant

The upside of this of course is, we could've been lumbered with Gomis 2 years ago and missed out on Bony.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Gomis on 16:26 - Feb 13 with 2509 viewsWingstandwood

Gomis on 20:04 - Feb 12 by airedale

Post of the week (so far) imo.

Thanks for the kind posts from both yourself and herefordjack! The reason I had to bring up 1973 horror movie classic The Exorcist to help facilitate my personal analysis/critique of the Gomis situation was because it was only a matter of time before someone did!

I am a bit of an amateur cinematic historian/critic and regularly use the past historical cinematic endeavour of others to enforce my viewpoint(s)!......And that is why I think (as another example!) KOL’s sustained employment at a Premier League (or any other Premier League club!) carries the same credibility and believably as the ‘creature’ cast to perform in 1964 horror classic movie The Creeping Terror!

The complex disbelieving and sceptical side of the human psyche was really reinforced by critic’s description of the creature i.e. so succinctly and aptly described as a ‘carnivorous-carpet! I seriously believe KOL is footballs real-time equivalent of that very ‘carnivorous carpet’!

Argus!

Gomis on 19:22 - Feb 13 with 2447 viewskarnataka

I'm pretty sure he speaks fluent French so that's a start. Not sure I'd want to see him vomiting 6-10 feet though.
Gomis on 21:58 - Mar 16 with 2304 viewstwotimejack

Didn't let me down again, the guy is absolute fukin tripe.

Gomis on 22:00 - Mar 16 with 2289 viewsPozuelosSideys

Gomis on 21:58 - Mar 16 by twotimejack

Didn't let me down again, the guy is absolute fukin tripe.

Are you fcking nuts? Far and away Gomis' best performance. He was excellent today.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Gomis on 22:03 - Mar 16 with 2266 viewslibertine

I don't know whatto say about him hes a big lump

Jason Scotland hes not
Gomis on 22:03 - Mar 16 with 2266 viewsNogginthenog

Gomis on 22:00 - Mar 16 by PozuelosSideys

Are you fcking nuts? Far and away Gomis' best performance. He was excellent today.

Wrong, he was dross again.
Gomis on 22:06 - Mar 16 with 2254 viewstwotimejack

Gomis on 22:00 - Mar 16 by PozuelosSideys

Yeah he was excellent at stopping the ball then tripping himself up as usual trying to turn with the ball.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 22:07]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024