Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cwmdu 5 aside 00:16 - Aug 15 with 2636 viewsSwanzay

Its seems that the Swans are about to set up a new academy at the former Cwndu, which is great!
However it was suggested by numerous at the FF tonight that MM who actually owns said facility, that he deliberately increased the rent over months, so that the original business couldn't to continue operating and force them out, making the way clear for the Swans.

Any truth in this, so wrong if true

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/final-whistle-football-centre-shuts/stor
[Post edited 15 Aug 2014 0:17]
Cwmdu 5 aside on 01:46 - Aug 15 with 2578 viewsWFJack

Sounds about right. It was no secret to the regulars up there like myself that the place had been struggling in its final weeks before MM purchased the venue. One week later we turn up to play our game to be told that it is our last and not given a real reason.

It's pretty shocking really that this place has been taken away from its community with the majority of it's users being Swans fans.

Anyway I'm glad that in the forum they had talked about renting it out to teams (hoping there could be some form of league again) but the way I see it the club have treated this as a business opportunity and turfed us out with little warning in the process.

A club for the fans... yeah right.
Cwmdu 5 aside on 08:31 - Aug 15 with 2442 viewsDarran

Cwmdu 5 aside on 01:46 - Aug 15 by WFJack

Sounds about right. It was no secret to the regulars up there like myself that the place had been struggling in its final weeks before MM purchased the venue. One week later we turn up to play our game to be told that it is our last and not given a real reason.

It's pretty shocking really that this place has been taken away from its community with the majority of it's users being Swans fans.

Anyway I'm glad that in the forum they had talked about renting it out to teams (hoping there could be some form of league again) but the way I see it the club have treated this as a business opportunity and turfed us out with little warning in the process.

A club for the fans... yeah right.

If MM hadn't have purchased it it would be currently closed because it was closing anyway.

Shit thread. (again)

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cwmdu 5 aside on 08:37 - Aug 15 with 2425 viewsjack_lord

Does that mean that the Swans are knocking the building down and putting acacemy pitches there though?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Cwmdu 5 aside on 08:39 - Aug 15 with 2422 viewsDarran

Cwmdu 5 aside on 08:37 - Aug 15 by jack_lord

Does that mean that the Swans are knocking the building down and putting acacemy pitches there though?

No they're using it for coaching kids from the age of five upwards,they're also going to look at the possibility of letting it to the public but the OP knows all this but it doesn't suit the agenda of the thread.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cwmdu 5 aside on 08:40 - Aug 15 with 2421 viewsTheFranchise

I hope they updated it first as the old owners and management had let it go to sh*t.
Cwmdu 5 aside on 11:34 - Aug 15 with 2312 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Cwmdu 5 aside on 08:40 - Aug 15 by TheFranchise

I hope they updated it first as the old owners and management had let it go to sh*t.

Definately needs a bit of work

Was actually quite nice up there for a bit after the initial refurb (considering they turfed out the netball!!! - nothing to watch when you were stuck in goal)

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Cwmdu 5 aside on 11:41 - Aug 15 with 2294 viewsTheFranchise

Cwmdu 5 aside on 11:34 - Aug 15 by PatchesOHoulihan

Definately needs a bit of work

Was actually quite nice up there for a bit after the initial refurb (considering they turfed out the netball!!! - nothing to watch when you were stuck in goal)

a bit of work is like saying the titanic had a bit of an accident.
Cwmdu 5 aside on 11:42 - Aug 15 with 2292 viewspremierjack

They are halfway through a total refurb up there.

MM already owned the building and was renting it out. One of the tenants was completely useless and let the place go badly. The other (MM accountant), is still involved.
Login to get fewer ads

Cwmdu 5 aside on 11:42 - Aug 15 with 2291 viewsUxbridge

That place was falling apart when I used to take the boy up there years ago. Hopefully the club will improve the facilities. Makes sense if can be hired out too.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Cwmdu 5 aside on 11:51 - Aug 15 with 2265 viewsIAN05

Cwmdu 5 aside on 08:31 - Aug 15 by Darran

If MM hadn't have purchased it it would be currently closed because it was closing anyway.

Shit thread. (again)

MM owns the entire estate and has done for a few years. Pitchside has been close to closing down for a year or so as the owners don't have the money or nous to make it work.

MM cant just decide month on month to increase the rent at his will as people have contracts in place to prevent this.

It appears that we will never again have a good thing at this club without people looking for a conspiracy theory or an angle to criticise.
Cwmdu 5 aside on 13:21 - Aug 15 with 2171 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Cwmdu 5 aside on 11:51 - Aug 15 by IAN05

MM owns the entire estate and has done for a few years. Pitchside has been close to closing down for a year or so as the owners don't have the money or nous to make it work.

MM cant just decide month on month to increase the rent at his will as people have contracts in place to prevent this.

It appears that we will never again have a good thing at this club without people looking for a conspiracy theory or an angle to criticise.

So what exactly went wrong up there?

I remember less than 2 years ago we tried hiring a pitch once a week for a kickaround and were told they didn't have slots available - there must have been a lot of leagues still going.

Although admittedly we left the leagues a few years before as the organisers at the time couldn't control the players and as we were all getting on a bit started having too many fights and picking up too many injuries for our age.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Cwmdu 5 aside on 13:47 - Aug 15 with 2121 viewsMagicDaps

Martin Morgan owns the building, he can do what he wants with the building and I suppose looking out for the interests of the club is a crime.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Cwmdu 5 aside on 13:53 - Aug 15 with 2106 viewsTheFranchise

Cwmdu 5 aside on 13:47 - Aug 15 by MagicDaps

Martin Morgan owns the building, he can do what he wants with the building and I suppose looking out for the interests of the club is a crime.

A ready made facility in a unit he owns? Sounds perfect to me. Hopefully it will be available to hire as it would be a great asset for local clubs with decent management.
Cwmdu 5 aside on 17:30 - Aug 15 with 1985 viewsIAN05

Cwmdu 5 aside on 13:21 - Aug 15 by PatchesOHoulihan

So what exactly went wrong up there?

I remember less than 2 years ago we tried hiring a pitch once a week for a kickaround and were told they didn't have slots available - there must have been a lot of leagues still going.

Although admittedly we left the leagues a few years before as the organisers at the time couldn't control the players and as we were all getting on a bit started having too many fights and picking up too many injuries for our age.

Usual issues mate if honest. People not turning up for games. We were playing Friendlies nearly every week in the end. Teams running up debts and not paying.
Cwmdu 5 aside on 18:22 - Aug 15 with 1947 viewsheadcleaner

so the general public neglect the facility for years don't turn up move to a better facility only a few miles away and this is the swans fault? Wow Damn the football club for seeing an opportunity for a use of their kids sides and taking it. maybe the club should rent out the liberty for free for people who want a kick about during the week seeing as its not being used like
Cwmdu 5 aside on 19:02 - Aug 15 with 1911 viewsSwanzay

Good to see it was nonsense!
Cwmdu 5 aside on 23:24 - Aug 15 with 1825 viewsjack_lord

Cwmdu 5 aside on 08:39 - Aug 15 by Darran

No they're using it for coaching kids from the age of five upwards,they're also going to look at the possibility of letting it to the public but the OP knows all this but it doesn't suit the agenda of the thread.

Good to hear that as the indoor facility is perfect for developing the younger kids talents. I expect that it will be done properly if if it is a Swans academy venue too.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Cwmdu 5 aside on 21:43 - Aug 18 with 1711 viewsjackado

called in there today and was expecting to see it have a massive overhall but was disapointed, only thing the club has done to the place is give it all a lick of paint,slapped up some swans related posters and a new carpet the pitches,nets,bar,toilets and stuff are all the same
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024