Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mom tonight ? 22:18 - Feb 20 with 11635 viewsspikeee

Chico
Was everywhere he needed to be with the right pass too.

Awesome
Mom tonight ? on 17:09 - Feb 21 with 1264 viewsDrizzy

Mom tonight ? on 17:07 - Feb 21 by Darran

I'm not attacking anyone Newp,where'd you watch then?
Uni bar isi?

Row M seat 161 in the North Stand mate.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Mom tonight ? on 17:11 - Feb 21 with 1260 viewsDarran

Mom tonight ? on 17:09 - Feb 21 by Drizzy

Row M seat 161 in the North Stand mate.

Tidy,is that your first game this season?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Mom tonight ? on 17:12 - Feb 21 with 1258 viewsDrizzy

Mom tonight ? on 17:11 - Feb 21 by Darran

Tidy,is that your first game this season?

Nope.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Mom tonight ? on 17:13 - Feb 21 with 1257 viewsDarran

Mom tonight ? on 17:12 - Feb 21 by Drizzy

Nope.

Second then.

Mom tonight ? on 17:37 - Feb 21 with 1236 viewsItchySphincter

Mom tonight ? on 17:12 - Feb 21 by Drizzy

Nope.

Going to Liverpool Newp?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Mom tonight ? on 17:39 - Feb 21 with 1234 viewsDarran

Mom tonight ? on 17:37 - Feb 21 by ItchySphincter

Going to Liverpool Newp?

He's in the Kop.

Mom tonight ? on 17:55 - Feb 21 with 1220 viewsItchySphincter

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Mom tonight ? on 18:09 - Feb 21 with 1209 viewsLiberty

Not one Swans player had a poor match last night. Canas won a load of headers, which did fall to a Napoli player- but cant hang him out for that. He over ran a few tackles, that was due more to him busting a gut and giving everything he had for the team, work rate was outstanding.

Watching a game on tv is nothing like seeing live, the cameras understandibly follow the ball. Players movements off the are not shown 90% of time, you see it thru pundits eyes.

If players had 9 out of 10, and even if he had an 8, thats not a poor game. It was Napoli not friggin Yeovil.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Login to get fewer ads

Mom tonight ? on 18:16 - Feb 21 with 1197 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Mom tonight ? on 18:09 - Feb 21 by Liberty

Not one Swans player had a poor match last night. Canas won a load of headers, which did fall to a Napoli player- but cant hang him out for that. He over ran a few tackles, that was due more to him busting a gut and giving everything he had for the team, work rate was outstanding.

Watching a game on tv is nothing like seeing live, the cameras understandibly follow the ball. Players movements off the are not shown 90% of time, you see it thru pundits eyes.

If players had 9 out of 10, and even if he had an 8, thats not a poor game. It was Napoli not friggin Yeovil.

Sorry I cannot agree, the Wide Angle TV shows more than just the ball and quick replays show much more Detail. I often see things that my Son at Pitchside does not see and just occasionally he sees something clearer than the TV shows, especially very near his position.
For instance when the Napoli player had the Yellow Card for his foul on Dyer did you see the fact that he kicked Dyer 3 times during that foul? The TV showed it clearly.

Also do you think Pitchside players are not following the flight of the Ball, isn't that the very reason that so many Refs miss off the ball fouls picked up by the TV?
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 18:18]
Mom tonight ? on 18:23 - Feb 21 with 1185 viewsBYMJacks

I think all the swans players did well last night against napoli and deserved to win so it is difficult to pick a specific player for man of the match, also thought the crowd was really good as well last night
Mom tonight ? on 18:29 - Feb 21 with 1177 viewsPozuelosSideys

Canas' game is built around hassling, pressuring and breaking up the oppositions play. He sometimes gets made to look silly when the ball is moved around him quickly and he gets caught on the wrong side.

Great first half, second half misplaced a few passes probably due to being tired.. then got hooked. Far from poor. That was a top midfield/attack he was up against last night.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Mom tonight ? on 18:30 - Feb 21 with 1174 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Mom tonight ? on 18:23 - Feb 21 by BYMJacks

I think all the swans players did well last night against napoli and deserved to win so it is difficult to pick a specific player for man of the match, also thought the crowd was really good as well last night

I would have had 4, Chico, Pablo, Routs and Nathan, they all totally outplayed the opposition.
Then again perhaps it should be 5 to include little Leon the Giant player.
But who cares it was on a par with their best ever performances, it looked like the Cup win but without the goals, damn those goalkeepers, against a top Italian side.
Mom tonight ? on 18:38 - Feb 21 with 1164 viewsLiberty

Mom tonight ? on 18:16 - Feb 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Sorry I cannot agree, the Wide Angle TV shows more than just the ball and quick replays show much more Detail. I often see things that my Son at Pitchside does not see and just occasionally he sees something clearer than the TV shows, especially very near his position.
For instance when the Napoli player had the Yellow Card for his foul on Dyer did you see the fact that he kicked Dyer 3 times during that foul? The TV showed it clearly.

Also do you think Pitchside players are not following the flight of the Ball, isn't that the very reason that so many Refs miss off the ball fouls picked up by the TV?
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 18:18]

I was talking about a players overall contribution to a match.

Things like fouls, offsides etc- cameras have advantage. Those at the game live can watch match on tv again or highlights. Best of both worlds.

Those who only watch on tv, never get the whole perspective.

Mom tonight ? on 19:06 - Feb 21 with 1149 viewsBYMJacks

Mom tonight ? on 18:30 - Feb 21 by A_Fans_Dad

I would have had 4, Chico, Pablo, Routs and Nathan, they all totally outplayed the opposition.
Then again perhaps it should be 5 to include little Leon the Giant player.
But who cares it was on a par with their best ever performances, it looked like the Cup win but without the goals, damn those goalkeepers, against a top Italian side.

Yes I do agree about the goalkeepers keeping napoli in it. It would of been 2 or 3 at least for us I think if it weren't for their goalkeepers doing well, but Vorm also made 1 or 2 good saves as well.
Mom tonight ? on 19:17 - Feb 21 with 1139 viewsLiberty

Mom tonight ? on 19:06 - Feb 21 by BYMJacks

Yes I do agree about the goalkeepers keeping napoli in it. It would of been 2 or 3 at least for us I think if it weren't for their goalkeepers doing well, but Vorm also made 1 or 2 good saves as well.

Some crucial early saves, which if they had gone in ! A differrent ending.

Tremmell is very good. Vorm is another level. Its been good to have him back.

Mom tonight ? on 19:23 - Feb 21 with 1126 viewsBYMJacks

Mom tonight ? on 19:17 - Feb 21 by Liberty

Some crucial early saves, which if they had gone in ! A differrent ending.

Tremmell is very good. Vorm is another level. Its been good to have him back.

Yes I agree Tremell is not a bad back up, but not as good as vorm and definitely glad to have him back.
Mom tonight ? on 22:03 - Feb 21 with 1099 viewsParlay

Mom tonight ? on 12:55 - Feb 21 by Darran

Sometimes players have to play without the ball,taking up positions and making runs that can only be seen at a live game and not on a screen.

End of thread.

Complete and utter myth.

Any run around the play will be seen by the wide angle camera. If there is a corner being taken for example you can probably pick up from the goal line put to 25 yards. So what donkey work is being done outside that 25 yard area then? Rangel sprinting back and fore on the half way line?

In fact one of my criticisms of Canas was his off the ball running. It was often britton who had to clean up as he got bypassed often and showed no urgency in his back tracking. Very languid, very lazy looking and again a reason some thought he may be carrying a knock.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Mom tonight ? on 23:04 - Feb 21 with 1067 viewsParlay

Mom tonight ? on 12:34 - Feb 21 by Spratty

May have been clear in your head but clarity of message is normally dictated by it's ability to be comprehended by those receiving it.

Discounting me going to the game just for my own personal glory and to say I was there because I am all about getting one over on you nothing to do with the thrill of watching our team live win or lose. Don't you think the atmosphere would have been a little flat and the motivation a little lacking if all us self glorying, pie eating, goalie snoz watching punters were not willing to put our hands in our pockets and go and see the matches. Personally when I watched the full TV coverage later I thought on balance the fans added something to the experience.

As far as the ratings you were definitely using the logic of him having a slightly lower score to support your argument of him having a poor game

Possibly you would score lower than Einstein on an intelligence test (maybe)
If you did would that prove that you were an idiot?

Depends on the ability to clarify the message by the recipient though, doesnt it. Hence my point.

Not entirely sure what that point is for? Where have I said there is no point in fans? Im saying the fans at the match dont see any more of worthwhile action than the fans watching it on a screen. In fact, often a lot less. With the fans coming from the stadium having to look at highlights or re watch it to clarify things they missed or couldnt see. I live in australia, im sure you can see paying £3000 to come and be a part of the anot watching pie eating crew is a little excessive.

As far as the ratings go im definately not using that logic. The average Swans rating is 7.7 canas is 6.1 how is that "slightly less?

Your einstein test misdirection is indeed awful, and shows the exact type of thing im talking about. You are once again assuming that because you are comparing to something excellent by default you cannot be bad.

The fact you completely left out what score I achieved in order to compare to Einsteins test score proves this theory in its entirety. If I had 0 out of 10 then I would indeed be an idiot, the excellent prformance of Einstein in the test has no baring. Same can be said about the match, just because others played well and we pulled of a great result, it doesnt mean everyone played well as a result.

Canas was poor.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024