Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday 16:33 - Feb 16 with 11768 viewsDarran

One of the Danes mentioned Laudrup will be speaking on Tuesday,I wonder what he's going to say?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 18:29 - Feb 16 with 2262 viewswaynekerr55

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 18:26 - Feb 16 by Spratty

Ouch - that's what you call a factual counter argument?

Smacks of a lost argument to me

Here's a concise summary of what's gone on:

Timing not great and clearly something went on between ML & HJ

There is a saying though - once is bad luck, twice is coincidence and three or more is a pattern. Notice there's a pattern with 2nd season syndrome/laissez faire approach/fall out with directors when Laudrup's been involved...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 18:31 - Feb 16 with 2257 viewsGiant_Penguins

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 18:03 - Feb 16 by gibs0n

Different clubs needs different styles. I can not imagine the Rodgers style would be very successful handling the Galácticos :-D

Swansea scouted ML right when it comes the the style/vision of playing. But maybe failed when it comes to the style of managing. I think this sum up why it didn't work out for more than 1.5 season.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 18:04]

I think you are right about ML being the wrong type reg. managing for Swansea, but its just a bit weird that he got an extension on the contract in the first place. Should have been possible for HJ to see this early on, and perhaps have parted ways in the summer instead.
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 19:08 - Feb 16 with 2202 viewsNeiltheTaylor

ML to make a statement?

Does he think he's the f*cking queen.

Move on love.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 19:11 - Feb 16 with 2185 viewsDarran

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 19:08 - Feb 16 by NeiltheTaylor

ML to make a statement?

Does he think he's the f*cking queen.

Move on love.

I don't think he even likes Elton John.

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 19:14 - Feb 16 with 2181 viewsMatlock_Jack

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 16:36 - Feb 16 by gibs0n

According to the Danish papers, then he would like to tell what happened from his point of view. His brother in law said that he never went to Paris for two days.

I think he will say that he was never told why he was fired. I think he will not say anything bad about Swansea or people close to Swansea. It would not be his style to diss anyone.

However, Swansea moved on, and so will ML. But interesting to hear his story anyway :-)

he's history and I'm happy to leave him there.
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 11:50 - Feb 17 with 2044 viewsDarran

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-laudrup-ready-

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 12:06 - Feb 17 with 1997 viewsperchrockjack

Great..................player

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 12:29 - Feb 17 with 1978 viewsDevz00

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 16:58 - Feb 16 by gibs0n

"Thank you keep us informed."

Anytime ;-)

I personally think Huw found ML's style a little too laissez-faire, and was at the same time afraid that Swansea could relegate. That is a valid argument, and I do not really disagree with it. I do not think Swansea would have been relegated, but why take the chance :-)

I just think all this could have had a better ending if Huw has been crystal clear about why he sacked ML, and what happened. We can only guess why Huw has handled the case this way. Maybe he is not very used to sack managers and then do media "damage-control" or maybe he (just like ML) was advised not to tell much because the "lawyers" would try to figure out how get/save most money from this divorce.

ML clearly wants to try to keep his reputation as good as possible. I think he wants to be a manager again, so he would not like to be stigmatized as "very soft" and "do not really care". Which is understandable as well.

In Rodgers Swansea had a manager who went out bowling with the families of the players, and who where much more passionated in an outgoing way. Just like Monk is. I think this manager-style suits Swansea better, and for the same reason I trust in Monk. Monk has seen some different styles under Souza, Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup. If he manage to incorporate the best from all of them, together with his passion for Swansea, then I believe it can be really successful over time.

...If not, then we know Huw act fast :-)
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 17:01]

Top post there, fair play.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Login to get fewer ads

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 12:31 - Feb 17 with 1969 viewsDevz00

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 18:31 - Feb 16 by Giant_Penguins

I think you are right about ML being the wrong type reg. managing for Swansea, but its just a bit weird that he got an extension on the contract in the first place. Should have been possible for HJ to see this early on, and perhaps have parted ways in the summer instead.

My guess is that it was to put a new clause in the contract. We all knew he was going in the summer so by having a large release clause, reportedly £10m, then Laudrup gets a few million for himself and the club gets a large chunk of compensation for letting him move on to PSG or whoever.

There probably wasn't much of a release clause in the original contract? Much like when Brendan signed a new contract then went to Liverpool, we got a fair few quid.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the board felt that they couldn't wait until the summer to see him leave so had to do something about it.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 12:35]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 12:32 - Feb 17 with 1954 viewsShaky

http://www.bt.dk/fodbold/nu-vil-michael-laudrup-tale-om-sin-fyring

Google Translates:

". . .Before the letter began several local media , possibly ordering from management in Swansea, slow to write about several scandals in Swansea under Michael Laudrup's guard. It was narrated on both drinking scandals at a training camp as kilkedannelser in the squad - in addition to the story of a Michael Laudrup , who presumably would not work out , when there was bad weather. Michael Laudrup has also taken legal help to clear his name .

Already, Laudrup camp , however, rejected a highly incriminating statement against him.

The charges against him have it for too forlydt that Michael Laudrup after his last game in charge of Swansea , which ended with a defeat of 0-2 to West Ham , slipped on a two day trip to Paris , but BT could tell Sunday , the brother of Michael Laudrup's wife Glenn Retz revealed that it was not the case - even if the players well enough had two days off after the defeat .

- It is at least certain that Michael was not in Paris , as many have claimed otherwise . There are many who have tried to wash their hands by saying that he took a vacation in Paris, but that's not true , said Glenn Retz, who is the brother of Siw Laudrup ."

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 13:35 - Feb 17 with 1856 viewsRobRecordeFan

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 18:28 - Feb 16 by Jackfath

I think, in all seriousness, Laudrup has some autistic tendencies.

What a great statement simultaneously displaying your own ignorance and pissing all over families affected by autism.

*clap* *clap*.
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 14:00 - Feb 17 with 1817 viewsgibs0n

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 13:35 - Feb 17 by RobRecordeFan

What a great statement simultaneously displaying your own ignorance and pissing all over families affected by autism.

*clap* *clap*.

touchy?
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 14:58 - Feb 17 with 1765 viewsDavillin

I've listened to all of the pros and cons about Laudrup leaving, and have come to my own conclusions, but I have only this to say:

We will learn at the Tuesday interview/press conference more about Laudrup's character than we have had in toto to date.

I truly hope that he will show us that his character is better than any of us think today.

I absolutely do not believe that Huw Jenkins did not tell him exactly why he was sacked. Monk mentioned a meeting between Jenkins an Laudrup just before the sacking. I do not believe that the two were discussing which flavour of tea each one liked.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 15:00 - Feb 17 with 1754 views2face

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 14:58 - Feb 17 by Davillin

I've listened to all of the pros and cons about Laudrup leaving, and have come to my own conclusions, but I have only this to say:

We will learn at the Tuesday interview/press conference more about Laudrup's character than we have had in toto to date.

I truly hope that he will show us that his character is better than any of us think today.

I absolutely do not believe that Huw Jenkins did not tell him exactly why he was sacked. Monk mentioned a meeting between Jenkins an Laudrup just before the sacking. I do not believe that the two were discussing which flavour of tea each one liked.

He wasn't fired at the meeting.
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 15:04 - Feb 17 with 1741 viewsDavillin

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 15:00 - Feb 17 by 2face

He wasn't fired at the meeting.

I didn't say that, or anything like that. Please disagree with what I write, and not with whatever you please.

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 15:07 - Feb 17 with 1606 viewsgibs0n

Do you have a bad impression of his character? If yes, why?
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 15:12 - Feb 17 with 1591 viewsDavillin

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 15:07 - Feb 17 by gibs0n

Do you have a bad impression of his character? If yes, why?

To answer your question. No, I do not have a bad impression of his character.

I only said is that we'll have an opportunity to better gauge it in this press conference. I could give you a half dozen questions that this press conference will raise. How he deals with them will say more than anything we've seen or heard so far.

I believe that he will either significantly enhance our opinion of his character, or significantly erode it.

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 15:25 - Feb 17 with 1568 views2face

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 15:04 - Feb 17 by Davillin

I didn't say that, or anything like that. Please disagree with what I write, and not with whatever you please.

I read it again, sorry. I was too quick there.
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 15:39 - Feb 17 with 1550 viewsShaky

Typical verbal diarrhea wrapped up in the bullshit language of honour, from St Dav there.

Laudrup will only demonstrate his strength of character by failing to respond to the countless smears that have been leveled at him over the past few weeks.

And 2face you were right first time. Don't allow yourself to be intimidated by this pretentious buffoon.

Misology -- It's a bitch

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 15:45 - Feb 17 with 1537 viewsDavillin

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 15:25 - Feb 17 by 2face

I read it again, sorry. I was too quick there.

No, I don't agree with you there. It was a fair question.

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 15:57 - Feb 17 with 1509 viewsDarran

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 15:39 - Feb 17 by Shaky

Typical verbal diarrhea wrapped up in the bullshit language of honour, from St Dav there.

Laudrup will only demonstrate his strength of character by failing to respond to the countless smears that have been leveled at him over the past few weeks.

And 2face you were right first time. Don't allow yourself to be intimidated by this pretentious buffoon.

What are the countless smears?

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 16:04 - Feb 17 with 1493 viewsShaky

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 15:57 - Feb 17 by Darran

What are the countless smears?

Let's see what the man says tomorrow, shall we?

Misology -- It's a bitch

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 16:15 - Feb 17 with 1466 viewsRancid

What's the worst he can say? ' I was treated badly by Swansea and didn't deserve the sack'

Well you did so take the 4 or 5 million and jog on.
This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 16:21 - Feb 17 with 1456 viewsScoobyWho

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 17:51 - Feb 16 by gibs0n

"Agree the alimony, shut the f**k up and move on."

Agree!

In reality maybe.
But really he should just fu ck off, greedy cu nt

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

This Laudrup statement on Tuesday on 18:28 - Feb 17 with 1394 viewsDarran

Near Heathrow tomorrow.
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Michael-Laudrup-hold-press-conference-Sw

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024