Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Valencia vs Swansea 2013 20:32 - Sep 19 with 611 viewsQJumpingJack

11 years ago tonight.
An incredible evening. It is hard to think think that Jenkins would fire Laudrup five months later.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24130102
Valencia vs Swansea 2013 on 20:50 - Sep 19 with 568 viewspencoedjack

My favourite trip watching the Swans.

Great friends, loads of beer & an amazing feeling winning 👍
Valencia vs Swansea 2013 on 21:02 - Sep 19 with 561 viewsAnotherJohn

I always associate this victory with "might have beens". It gave us a glimpse of what we could have been if Michu and Bony had formed a long-term partnership, something many of us were desperately hoping would happen. I really thought that with the way things were shaping up we could really trouble the EPL big boys. Sadly, as we all know now, Michu already had that dodgy ankle, and Wilf would go on to have a couple of good seasons before a downward slide to bench warming and lower level football.
Valencia vs Swansea 2013 on 21:04 - Sep 19 with 551 viewsKeithHaynes

Valencia vs Swansea 2013 on 21:02 - Sep 19 by AnotherJohn

I always associate this victory with "might have beens". It gave us a glimpse of what we could have been if Michu and Bony had formed a long-term partnership, something many of us were desperately hoping would happen. I really thought that with the way things were shaping up we could really trouble the EPL big boys. Sadly, as we all know now, Michu already had that dodgy ankle, and Wilf would go on to have a couple of good seasons before a downward slide to bench warming and lower level football.

Leon didn’t play either !

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Valencia vs Swansea 2013 on 21:05 - Sep 19 with 547 viewsQJumpingJack

I sometimes wonder if we had gone down at the end of the 13/14 season - we may have been able to bounce back quite quickly. The squad was decent (we would have a lost few) but with the owners - they may have had the ability to get us back up quite quickly - mainly because of their experience.
Valencia vs Swansea 2013 on 10:27 - Sep 20 with 350 viewsonehunglow

Times flies
Not sure whether to laugh or cry after watching that again
Bony. Michu

Dear God

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Valencia vs Swansea 2013 on 14:32 - Sep 20 with 258 viewsReslovenSwan1

Valencia vs Swansea 2013 on 21:05 - Sep 19 by QJumpingJack

I sometimes wonder if we had gone down at the end of the 13/14 season - we may have been able to bounce back quite quickly. The squad was decent (we would have a lost few) but with the owners - they may have had the ability to get us back up quite quickly - mainly because of their experience.

Potter was a good Jenkins selection. A brilliant coach. He had Fer MvdH Grimes, Dan James, McBurnie Ayew A, Connor R , Rodon. The Swedish keeper.

He was given £7m with the like of Toney available for peanuts. He spent this on the " non negotiable four" McKay John Celina and Asoro.

Cooper played them once v QPR away a 5-1 abomination and dispatched them..

Recruitment was handed to Potter and McCauley on trust and he blew the chance.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Valencia vs Swansea 2013 on 07:52 - Sep 21 with 147 viewsEagleEye

Valencia vs Swansea 2013 on 14:32 - Sep 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Potter was a good Jenkins selection. A brilliant coach. He had Fer MvdH Grimes, Dan James, McBurnie Ayew A, Connor R , Rodon. The Swedish keeper.

He was given £7m with the like of Toney available for peanuts. He spent this on the " non negotiable four" McKay John Celina and Asoro.

Cooper played them once v QPR away a 5-1 abomination and dispatched them..

Recruitment was handed to Potter and McCauley on trust and he blew the chance.

And this has exactly no place in this thread … just bizarre
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024