Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea 23:37 - May 27 with 3266 viewsQuillPenRiot

I think some Leicester fans are happy with that, he’s another one of those managers who can’t play differently. I’d have picked Leicester to go back down. Let’s hope he does take his team down!
Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 07:17 - May 28 with 2998 viewsnix

On the face of it this seems a bit like if they'd appointed Vincent Company at the end of last season. If anything Leicester have underperformed given their ridiculous wealth of playing talent compared to most of the Championship clubs.

I think they should have performed similarly to Man City compared to the rest of the Prem. Yet they lost 11 matches compared to Man City's three (admittedly we play eight more games but still a big discrepancy). We only lost 20 in one of the worst starts to a league we've ever known. In comparison 16th in the Prem has lost 19 matches, nearly six times the number of Man City.

Of course he may be a miracle worker at Prem level but it would be really funny if he wasn't. Chels must be paying £10 million a year just in compensation to sacked managers. Plus they also have to pay a release clause to Leicester for a reputed £8.5 million.
Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 08:06 - May 28 with 2875 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If I were Chelsea on the cusp of appointing this bloke, I'd start looking for his replacement in November now.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 08:27 - May 28 with 2823 viewsdaveB

seems a mad appointment even by Chelsea standards, has built a reputation for himself due to working with Pep and taking a very strong Leicester side up
Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 08:34 - May 28 with 2800 viewsslmrstid

Lucky escape for Leicester IMO, that team should have been promoted by a country mile regardless of who was in charge, he's been incapable of dealing with teams that hit them on a sucker punch once teams figured out how to play them in the second half of the season, and they get a massive fee for him to go and appoint someone competent.

I see Corberan has been linked who I think would be a brilliant choice. Although lots of people on the Facebook feeds want David Moyes!
Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 09:12 - May 28 with 2671 viewsdaveB

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 08:34 - May 28 by slmrstid

Lucky escape for Leicester IMO, that team should have been promoted by a country mile regardless of who was in charge, he's been incapable of dealing with teams that hit them on a sucker punch once teams figured out how to play them in the second half of the season, and they get a massive fee for him to go and appoint someone competent.

I see Corberan has been linked who I think would be a brilliant choice. Although lots of people on the Facebook feeds want David Moyes!

David Moyes did a great job at West Ham, made them a top half side and won a cup, would be a good choice for them. Corberan as well as very good option, would be surprised if he stays at West Brom
Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 09:49 - May 28 with 2576 viewsActonExile

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 08:06 - May 28 by PlanetHonneywood

If I were Chelsea on the cusp of appointing this bloke, I'd start looking for his replacement in November now.

Could set up a sweepstake, although i think he'd be lucky to see September.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 09:54 - May 28 with 2548 viewslondonscottish

My mate's a Leicester st holder and he's really happy.

Last season he was infuriated by the "this is way I'm going to play and that's that" attitude of the bloke.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 09:57 - May 28 with 2542 viewsSK_hoops

Imagine hating your manager even though you won the league.
Login to get fewer ads

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 10:10 - May 28 with 2460 viewsAntti_Heinola

Totally baffling appointment. I have no idea what Chelsea are playing at to be honest. Maybe in 3-5 years they'll have the greatest team in the world and I'll look silly, but their decisions baffle me. Maresca would be about my 6th choice out of all Champ managers from last season, let alone having a choice from across the world.
Could see Corberan going there. WBA have no money and he must be getting fed up. I don't care, as long as it's not Marti.

Bare bones.

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 10:12 - May 28 with 2450 viewslondonscottish

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 09:57 - May 28 by SK_hoops

Maybe "hating" is too strong a word but we all know how frustrating it can be if your manager persists in playing a certain way even if it clearly isn't working against the set up of another team.

That's what my mate was saying during the season.

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 10:47 - May 28 with 2357 viewsmikeygunn

We hated our manager who got us promoted
Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 10:58 - May 28 with 2305 viewsdaveB

there is a thread on here about hating the playoff winning team and manager, understandable as well.
Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 11:12 - May 28 with 2259 viewsAntti_Heinola

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 10:47 - May 28 by mikeygunn

We hated our manager who got us promoted

He had about as much to do with us getting promoted as I did.

Bare bones.

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 12:13 - May 28 with 2111 viewsDWQPR

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 11:12 - May 28 by Antti_Heinola

He had about as much to do with us getting promoted as I did.

The problem that North Battersea has now that any decent manager with a good long-standing reputation and CV has either managed them and got sacked or doesn’t want to go there because they are being told that they have zero say in transfers especially given that it is likely that they will have to sell Gallagher (on the cheap) and Challobah to try and stave off FFP. On which note has there been a decision by the FA on them selling the two hotels on the plot?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 12:18 - May 28 with 2094 viewsaston_hoop

I remember reading the Leicester Forum 'Foxes Talk' on the evening of our victory against them. They were overwhelmingly against Maresca at that point, the suggestion being that if his Premier League quality players didn't just win them the game with some individual magic, he had nothing tactically against good managers. I bet Leicester can't believe their luck to be honest. He'll be found out pretty quickly

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 12:23 - May 28 with 2074 viewsBeejnewark

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 12:18 - May 28 by aston_hoop

I remember reading the Leicester Forum 'Foxes Talk' on the evening of our victory against them. They were overwhelmingly against Maresca at that point, the suggestion being that if his Premier League quality players didn't just win them the game with some individual magic, he had nothing tactically against good managers. I bet Leicester can't believe their luck to be honest. He'll be found out pretty quickly

Still surprised that the name that never appears on this merry go round is Mark Robins
Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 12:57 - May 28 with 1959 viewsAntti_Heinola

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 12:23 - May 28 by Beejnewark

Still surprised that the name that never appears on this merry go round is Mark Robins

I think he's just not very trendy. English. In his 50s. Done a great job there, but is he the kind of manager who makes a sort of instant impact? Cov sacked him once, then went back to him didn't they? He's been tremendous for them, but clubs aren't that smart are they?

Bare bones.

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 13:58 - May 28 with 1793 viewsderbyhoop

Why do we need Begovic commenting on Chelsea?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 14:21 - May 28 with 1733 viewskingsburyR

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 12:57 - May 28 by Antti_Heinola

I think he's just not very trendy. English. In his 50s. Done a great job there, but is he the kind of manager who makes a sort of instant impact? Cov sacked him once, then went back to him didn't they? He's been tremendous for them, but clubs aren't that smart are they?

Robinsovic.

There you go. Will have the press all over him now.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 17:02 - May 28 with 1515 viewsMick_S

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 12:13 - May 28 by DWQPR

The problem that North Battersea has now that any decent manager with a good long-standing reputation and CV has either managed them and got sacked or doesn’t want to go there because they are being told that they have zero say in transfers especially given that it is likely that they will have to sell Gallagher (on the cheap) and Challobah to try and stave off FFP. On which note has there been a decision by the FA on them selling the two hotels on the plot?

I gave both hotels really s hit reviews on tripadvisor. That’ll do them.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 18:10 - May 28 with 1394 viewsDavieQPR

Mascara to a Powder Puff club. You couldn't make it up.
Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 18:23 - May 28 with 1347 viewslondonscottish

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 12:18 - May 28 by aston_hoop

Also what a lot of Lids fans say about Farke.

Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 18:56 - May 28 with 1262 viewsQuillPenRiot

Now the Guardian says ManUre are talking with De Zerbi, haha
Leicester’s Maresca to Chelsea on 22:32 - May 28 with 1017 views100percent

It felt like the only thing that actually saved Maresca's job was the poor period of form that Leeds and Ipswich suffered. Their fans were calling for his head at that point....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024