Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Charman leaves 12:40 - Oct 14 with 16437 viewsturnthescrew

..on a permanent transfer to AFC Fylde.
Luke Charman leaves on 20:36 - Oct 14 with 5700 viewsEllDale

Luke Charman leaves on 19:52 - Oct 14 by Dalenet

Poor sod. Not the best place to stay as a young lad. The players used to stay at Norton Grange where they could use the gym, pool and saunas etc.

Good luck to him and sorry it didn't work out with us

I think the club have (or had) a deal with the Royal Toby.
I remember seeing Hayden Roberts and the left back who came from Arsenal (whose name escapes me) in the restaurant there a few times during the relegation season.
Luke Charman leaves on 20:45 - Oct 14 with 5647 viewsTVOS1907

Luke Charman leaves on 20:36 - Oct 14 by EllDale

I think the club have (or had) a deal with the Royal Toby.
I remember seeing Hayden Roberts and the left back who came from Arsenal (whose name escapes me) in the restaurant there a few times during the relegation season.

Tolaji Bola

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Luke Charman leaves on 20:59 - Oct 14 with 5613 viewsEllDale

That’s the chap! Thanks.
Luke Charman leaves on 07:17 - Oct 15 with 5287 viewsfourfourtwo

For Bentley to come in, not even include him in a match day squad (when he is already pictured in training gear at Fylde so clearly fit) & then sell him to the club that sacked him speaks volumes to me.

I think there will obviously be a football element in the decision, we are well stocked in his position, however I think there is more to this than meets the eye.
Luke Charman leaves on 07:51 - Oct 15 with 5246 viewsEllDale

I can’t really remember how Charman looked in the preseason friendlies but the thing, to my mind, that really pushed him down the pecking order was the arrival of Ian Henderson.
And that’s before the mysterious hamstring scenario.
If he wants any consolation he can look at the case of Jack Muldoon who has gone onto forge a reasonable career after leaving Dale in similar circumstances.
If anything expectation levels were set too high for Charman.
He was touted as Beesley’s replacement, we saw all those goal clips from his time at Darlo and then he scored a well publicised hat trick in a game against Bolton behind closed doors.
After that he kicked his heels on the subs bench.
I suppose we’ll never know the full truth.
Luke Charman leaves on 10:47 - Oct 15 with 5055 viewsDaleiLama

Luke Charman leaves on 07:51 - Oct 15 by EllDale

I can’t really remember how Charman looked in the preseason friendlies but the thing, to my mind, that really pushed him down the pecking order was the arrival of Ian Henderson.
And that’s before the mysterious hamstring scenario.
If he wants any consolation he can look at the case of Jack Muldoon who has gone onto forge a reasonable career after leaving Dale in similar circumstances.
If anything expectation levels were set too high for Charman.
He was touted as Beesley’s replacement, we saw all those goal clips from his time at Darlo and then he scored a well publicised hat trick in a game against Bolton behind closed doors.
After that he kicked his heels on the subs bench.
I suppose we’ll never know the full truth.

It's probably just s coincidence?

[Post edited 15 Oct 2022 10:48]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Luke Charman leaves on 11:25 - Oct 15 with 4951 viewselectricblue

Luke Charman leaves on 19:32 - Oct 14 by RAFCBLUE

https://www.afcfylde.co.uk/new-signing-interview-luke-charman/

In an enviroment and valued.
Is that a dig at Dale?

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Luke Charman leaves on 20:15 - Oct 16 with 4479 viewsBrierls

Luke Charman leaves on 14:31 - Oct 14 by D_Alien

Would've loved to have seen him fully fit and doing what he did at the back end of last season over a period of time

If we've got our money back, fair enough and it can only be a non-footballing issue that's resulted in his departure. Maybe he kept doing terrible farts in the changing rooms

How can it only be a non-footballing issue? Unfortunately he wasn’t good enough. He never looked fit and his first touch was Donnelly-esque. For somebody with a decent goal scoring record before arriving, his finishing wasn’t great either.

It’s a shame because his signing created a bit of a buzz, but maybe a lesson for us as fans getting too excited about a striker from National League North.

It sounds like we’ve made our money back on the fee we paid, so it’s good business for a player that wasn’t up to scratch. Donnelly-esque again.
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Charman leaves on 21:41 - Oct 16 with 4348 viewsD_Alien

Luke Charman leaves on 20:15 - Oct 16 by Brierls

How can it only be a non-footballing issue? Unfortunately he wasn’t good enough. He never looked fit and his first touch was Donnelly-esque. For somebody with a decent goal scoring record before arriving, his finishing wasn’t great either.

It’s a shame because his signing created a bit of a buzz, but maybe a lesson for us as fans getting too excited about a striker from National League North.

It sounds like we’ve made our money back on the fee we paid, so it’s good business for a player that wasn’t up to scratch. Donnelly-esque again.

Couldn't disagree more

There was nothing wrong with his first touch - it was as good as any forward we now have, Hendo apart

The truth is, we (and that includes you) have no idea if he's good enough - he didn't have enough game time to be fully up to speed. When he did get somewhere near, he put away two good goals. Using the old "Donnelly" trope doesn't wash (and it's boring now). We had more than enough time to take stock of Donnelly. Charman's problems stretch back to when he was castigated on the touchline for wanting to get on the pitch by Stockdale's assistant (can barely be arsed to remember his name now... oh... Shan i.e. nobody) when he was publicly humiliated. Whatever it was that went on behind the scenes lingered into the new season

I don't blame EBJ for taking the money when offered for Charman, make's good sense when he's rejuvenating team spirit. But i'll repeat, you've no idea whether he was good enough. Ultimately, neither have i, because he didn't get the extended run of games needed to bring what he had to the party except for one brief moment

[Post edited 16 Oct 2022 21:51]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Luke Charman leaves on 22:01 - Oct 16 with 4290 viewsTVOS1907

Luke Charman leaves on 21:41 - Oct 16 by D_Alien

Couldn't disagree more

There was nothing wrong with his first touch - it was as good as any forward we now have, Hendo apart

The truth is, we (and that includes you) have no idea if he's good enough - he didn't have enough game time to be fully up to speed. When he did get somewhere near, he put away two good goals. Using the old "Donnelly" trope doesn't wash (and it's boring now). We had more than enough time to take stock of Donnelly. Charman's problems stretch back to when he was castigated on the touchline for wanting to get on the pitch by Stockdale's assistant (can barely be arsed to remember his name now... oh... Shan i.e. nobody) when he was publicly humiliated. Whatever it was that went on behind the scenes lingered into the new season

I don't blame EBJ for taking the money when offered for Charman, make's good sense when he's rejuvenating team spirit. But i'll repeat, you've no idea whether he was good enough. Ultimately, neither have i, because he didn't get the extended run of games needed to bring what he had to the party except for one brief moment

[Post edited 16 Oct 2022 21:51]

Although, to be fair, Charman started the final nine games of last season, but didn't find the net until the eighth!

Luke Charman leaves on 22:13 - Oct 16 with 4246 viewsShun

From the amount of times I was told yesterday the same rumours, it sounds like it might be a case of Chatman’s lifestyle choices not matching up with those of a full-time professional footballer.
Luke Charman leaves on 22:28 - Oct 16 with 4202 viewsD_Alien

Luke Charman leaves on 22:01 - Oct 16 by TVOS1907

Although, to be fair, Charman started the final nine games of last season, but didn't find the net until the eighth!

That's been noted, and that's a decent period of adjustment for a player coming from non-league into a side that wasn't exactly ripping up trees. Then he delivered. Then the new season started. Remains inconclusive, and always will do now

Luke Charman leaves on 22:54 - Oct 16 with 4165 viewsTVOS1907

Luke Charman leaves on 22:28 - Oct 16 by D_Alien

That's been noted, and that's a decent period of adjustment for a player coming from non-league into a side that wasn't exactly ripping up trees. Then he delivered. Then the new season started. Remains inconclusive, and always will do now

Aye.

I must admit, though, after watching every pre-season game, he never looked like scoring then either!

Like you (and Toyah) say, it's a mystery.

Luke Charman leaves on 05:06 - Oct 19 with 3639 viewshammerdale

Scored in their Fa Cup win against Kidderminster.
Luke Charman leaves on 07:31 - Oct 19 with 3500 viewsseasidedale

Thing is Charman didn’t do anything much in Stockdale’s formation, would he have been better in EBJ’s we will never know
Luke Charman leaves on 09:32 - Oct 19 with 3297 viewsnordenblue

Luke Charman leaves on 07:31 - Oct 19 by seasidedale

Thing is Charman didn’t do anything much in Stockdale’s formation, would he have been better in EBJ’s we will never know

There will no doubt be reasons why JB didn't fancy playing him either, judging by the turn around on the pitch I'd trust the manager to make that call as the right one.
Luke Charman leaves on 09:43 - Oct 19 with 3280 viewsJames1980

Could we also buy a player from a Non League club outside the transfer window?
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 9:52]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Luke Charman leaves on 10:31 - Oct 19 with 3139 viewsdingdangblue

Luke Charman leaves on 22:01 - Oct 16 by TVOS1907

Possibly some sort of record for a centre forward for Dale? - Charman scored his first goal on his 18th appearance. Even Donnelly only took 13 games!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Luke Charman leaves on 12:02 - Oct 19 with 2976 viewsD_Alien

Luke Charman leaves on 10:31 - Oct 19 by dingdangblue

Possibly some sort of record for a centre forward for Dale? - Charman scored his first goal on his 18th appearance. Even Donnelly only took 13 games!

As said previously, comparisons with Donnelly are now pretty tedious and lazy

Those stats are meaningless too, in terms of time spent on the pitch, the overall confidence of the team at the time and very probably the number of decent chances created as a result

Luke Charman leaves on 12:40 - Oct 19 with 2866 viewsJames1980

Have the sale of Charman and Scanlon's loan move been mentioned in any recent interviews?

Luke Charman leaves on 12:43 - Oct 19 with 2858 viewsTVOS1907

Luke Charman leaves on 12:40 - Oct 19 by James1980

Have the sale of Charman and Scanlon's loan move been mentioned in any recent interviews?

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/october/jordanscanlonashtonunitedloan/

Luke Charman leaves on 12:46 - Oct 19 with 2849 viewsJames1980

Luke Charman leaves on 12:43 - Oct 19 by TVOS1907

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/october/jordanscanlonashtonunitedloan/

Cheers TVOS.

Luke Charman leaves on 17:24 - Oct 19 with 2493 viewsdholdh

Great strike last night...(see from 4:18)

Luke Charman leaves on 18:51 - Oct 19 with 2276 viewsJames1980

Luke Charman leaves on 17:24 - Oct 19 by dholdh

Great strike last night...(see from 4:18)

He is a decent non league forward hence folk being pleased that we signed him in the hope he could make the step up. He didn't fit in with EBJ's plans whether that be fitness, ability, attitude, fitting in with the style of play.
Perhaps one day he will have another crack in the EFL and make a go of it. I say good luck to the chap and thank him for his contribution to ensuring we stayed up last season however minimal it may have been.

Luke Charman leaves on 11:33 - Oct 23 with 1592 viewsEllDale

Am I right in thinking that EBJ alluded to Charman’s departure in the post match interview yesterday and said that it had been a board decision?
Was he rueing this in the light of Quigley’s injury?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024