Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conor McGregor 09:39 - Sep 28 with 18887 viewsshingle

Ireland have a new superstar on there hands, the Americans love him, and the MGM in Vegas was packed out with Irish fans and All the pubs in Dublin stayed open last night to watch him fight.
Conor McGregor on 17:23 - Mar 6 with 2085 viewsblueytheblue

Conor McGregor on 17:16 - Mar 6 by jack247

I don't think so. I'm not convinced she would be hurrying back if there wasn't a marquee event on the horizon.

Rousey's problem against Holm was she fought Holm's fight. I don't think Rousey will be fighting in two years time, Hollywood, WWE will come calling. I can see her coming back motivated for that last run.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Conor McGregor on 17:25 - Mar 6 with 2077 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Pictures looked like he landed a few on him. Amazing how punching power decreases so markedly between weights

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Conor McGregor on 17:29 - Mar 6 with 2068 viewsjack247

Conor McGregor on 17:23 - Mar 6 by blueytheblue

Rousey's problem against Holm was she fought Holm's fight. I don't think Rousey will be fighting in two years time, Hollywood, WWE will come calling. I can see her coming back motivated for that last run.

Yes it was. Overconfidence.

Agree she won't be there for long. Wouldn't be surprised if she fights them both once and calls it quits. If Cyborg isn't happening, there isn't much left for her to prove and she can presumably earn more money with less risk elsewhere.

Can't see Nunea or anyone else motivating her.
Conor McGregor on 17:38 - Mar 6 with 2054 viewsjack247

Conor McGregor on 17:25 - Mar 6 by NeiltheTaylor

Pictures looked like he landed a few on him. Amazing how punching power decreases so markedly between weights

They both landed a few on each other. Diaz was bleeding reasonably heavily in the first round. He caught McGregor flush in the second though and he wasn't able to clear his head.

These guys hit like boxers, but they don't seem to have the same footwork or durability, plus they don't stop for a knockdown, so one solid punch to the jaw often leads to a fight finishing pretty quickly.
Conor McGregor on 17:46 - Mar 6 with 2046 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The long rounds maybe? Have to be leaner?

Conor McGregor on 18:35 - Mar 6 with 2024 viewsmax936

Conor McGregor on 16:57 - Mar 6 by blueytheblue

Not really. mcGregor runs his mouth, claimed he'd not submit, well he's left money on the table. He's going to have to drop a weight division or he's going to get smashed up.

Holm losing has cost her the big money rematch againt Rousey too.

I'm not that interested to be honest its just his name seems to get mentioned pretty regularly, its not a sport I've any interest in to be honest.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Conor McGregor on 18:47 - Mar 6 with 2008 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Surely WRT money, Rousey gets to fight both with interest in both fights now. Better story.

Conor McGregor on 19:25 - Mar 6 with 1970 viewsLoyal

Every time I hear Americans and Irish in the same sentence I have to laugh.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Conor McGregor on 20:13 - Mar 6 with 1946 viewsKilkennyjack

Conor McGregor on 19:25 - Mar 6 by Loyal

Every time I hear Americans and Irish in the same sentence I have to laugh.

Yes its really funny that isn't it. Why is it funny ? (If you know your history ....) 🍀🇺🇸

Beware of the Risen People

Conor McGregor on 20:18 - Mar 6 with 1940 viewsjack247

Conor McGregor on 18:47 - Mar 6 by NeiltheTaylor

Surely WRT money, Rousey gets to fight both with interest in both fights now. Better story.

She probably will fight them both, but trying to get her belt back from Holm was the story, it will be two big fights instead of a massive one. I don't think she will headline 200 against Tate.
Conor McGregor on 20:22 - Mar 6 with 1935 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Conor McGregor on 20:13 - Mar 6 by Kilkennyjack

Yes its really funny that isn't it. Why is it funny ? (If you know your history ....) 🍀🇺🇸

It's enough to make your heart go woo-oh-oh-oooh?

Conor McGregor on 20:55 - Mar 6 with 1899 viewspikeypaul

Glad that Diaz put the mouthy pr@ck in his place.

All the talk and he could not back it up.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Conor McGregor on 21:08 - Mar 6 with 1884 viewsLoyal

Conor McGregor on 20:13 - Mar 6 by Kilkennyjack

If anyone thinks that an American whose family moved there a hundred years ago from Ireland is Irish they need to have a serious look at themselves,

And this comes from someone who has Irish parents and considers himself Welsh because that is where I was fcking born !
[Post edited 6 Mar 2016 21:09]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Conor McGregor on 21:14 - Mar 6 with 1868 viewsVetchitBack

Conor McGregor on 17:25 - Mar 6 by NeiltheTaylor

Yes we all know weight makes a difference but still it was astonishing just how much.

McGregor's fists were bouncing off him with little impact. Punches not too dissimilar to that which KO'd Aldo in seconds.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Conor McGregor on 21:28 - Mar 6 with 1857 viewsKilkennyjack

Conor McGregor on 21:08 - Mar 6 by Loyal

If anyone thinks that an American whose family moved there a hundred years ago from Ireland is Irish they need to have a serious look at themselves,

And this comes from someone who has Irish parents and considers himself Welsh because that is where I was fcking born !
[Post edited 6 Mar 2016 21:09]

Yes and I understand that. You are in a minority though. And the US retains significant influence in Ireland of course. Think JFK for one 🍀🇺🇸.

Beware of the Risen People

Conor McGregor on 22:25 - Mar 6 with 1812 viewsDrGonzo

McGregor caught Aldo with a hook and Mendes from the side with a straight punch, both taking the jaw.

Still its odd how little effect McGregor's punches seemed to have on Diaz. Tough guys both of them though, made for a great fight.

Bones vs DC should be very fun to say the least.
Conor McGregor on 00:26 - Mar 7 with 1781 viewsLoyal

Conor McGregor on 21:28 - Mar 6 by Kilkennyjack

Yes and I understand that. You are in a minority though. And the US retains significant influence in Ireland of course. Think JFK for one 🍀🇺🇸.

I visited Boston a few years back, the amount of naturalised Americans trying to talk like an Irishman was embarrassing. Seriously flawed mentality.

Conor McGregor on 16:29 - Mar 7 with 1696 viewsTheFranchise

He took a chance taking on Diaz at 170lb, he got beat and will now go back to his division.

Another person may have said, no thanks and waited.

Much like Ronda, the bigger pay day is in the PPV where he comes back.
Conor McGregor on 17:01 - Mar 7 with 1678 viewsjack247

Conor McGregor on 00:26 - Mar 7 by Loyal

I visited Boston a few years back, the amount of naturalised Americans trying to talk like an Irishman was embarrassing. Seriously flawed mentality.

Agree with this. If you live in Boston, have never been to Ireland, neither of your parents have ever been to Ireland, you're not Irish. Same thing with Italians from New York.
Conor McGregor on 17:21 - Mar 7 with 1668 viewsJonnyTheJack

Looked like the added weight affected his cardio too. I think he'd compete at 155 but 170 was too big a jump. Nate Diaz isn't even a welterweight. He'd struggle against the bigger 170s like Wonderboy and the likes of Demian Maia would have fun with him one the ground.

If they give him Frankie Edgar at UFC 200 it could be back to back losses.

Still, what a run.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 17:24]
Conor McGregor on 18:12 - Mar 7 with 1649 viewsmax936

Tyson Fury's been slagging him off now apparently.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/mma/tyson-fury-lets-rip-at-ufc-after-conor-mcgreg
[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 18:14]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Conor McGregor on 20:05 - Mar 7 with 1626 viewsDrGonzo

I think Lawler, Thompson and Rory Macdonald would ruin him on that evidence.

I'd like to see a rematch with Aldo and then Edgar.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024