Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well then 15:55 - Mar 29 with 7139 viewsG_Dale

Terrible terrible first half, although we have been worse. Aldershot are rubbish, but not as bad as we are playing, and they will end up scoring here

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Well then on 18:38 - Mar 29 with 1572 viewsChaffRAFC

Horrible performance from Dale today. We were playing a very poor side and again, ended up being dragged down to their level. We just weren't with it at all and the first half especially was horrific. The only players to come out of the first half with any credit were Henderson and Lillis. Joe Thompson was beyond awful, as was Rose. It's actually hard to describe how bad they were. I get moaned at for Thompson bashing off a mate of mine constantly as he rates him but he was poor against Gillingham and today was beyond words so it's very hard not to get annoyed when I see him perform like this! As for Rose, well playing a left back, the most one footed player ever, isn't helping really. Joe Rafferty may as well leave now because if he can't get in ahead of a left back for the right back slot then there's no hope for him.

Second half was mildly better. Cavanagh had been really poor first half but came out a different player second half for the most part. Lillis pulled off two superb stops but was poor for the goal. It was never a foul on him, he was just beaten to the ball among a crowd of players.

A poor performance and it's frustrating seeing us make such hard work of getting enough points for safety.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Well then on 18:40 - Mar 29 with 1542 viewsKenBoon

We're 7 points clear of the bottom 2 with a much better goal difference and there's a few teams below us who'd be caught first. So things aren't as dire as they were after the Morecambe match.

A very poor game today. Highlight of which was Gorgeous George. Oh and it didn't snow.
Well then on 18:44 - Mar 29 with 1526 viewsD_Alien

Well then on 18:38 - Mar 29 by ChaffRAFC

Horrible performance from Dale today. We were playing a very poor side and again, ended up being dragged down to their level. We just weren't with it at all and the first half especially was horrific. The only players to come out of the first half with any credit were Henderson and Lillis. Joe Thompson was beyond awful, as was Rose. It's actually hard to describe how bad they were. I get moaned at for Thompson bashing off a mate of mine constantly as he rates him but he was poor against Gillingham and today was beyond words so it's very hard not to get annoyed when I see him perform like this! As for Rose, well playing a left back, the most one footed player ever, isn't helping really. Joe Rafferty may as well leave now because if he can't get in ahead of a left back for the right back slot then there's no hope for him.

Second half was mildly better. Cavanagh had been really poor first half but came out a different player second half for the most part. Lillis pulled off two superb stops but was poor for the goal. It was never a foul on him, he was just beaten to the ball among a crowd of players.

A poor performance and it's frustrating seeing us make such hard work of getting enough points for safety.

These are decisions (Rose out of place, JT in a Rochdale shirt) being made by KH

For me, that's the most worrying thing of all, and we keep harping on about "can't wait for the clear-out at the close season" but there are things that are happening now which shouldn't be.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Well then on 18:46 - Mar 29 with 1516 viewsChaffRAFC

Well then on 18:44 - Mar 29 by D_Alien

These are decisions (Rose out of place, JT in a Rochdale shirt) being made by KH

For me, that's the most worrying thing of all, and we keep harping on about "can't wait for the clear-out at the close season" but there are things that are happening now which shouldn't be.

I can understand why Hill wanted to go and get Thompson back. I didn't agree with it and never will but I understood it. That said, it was annoying that he didn't see fit to sub him today.

Well then on 18:53 - Mar 29 with 1490 viewsBlueDutch

Well then on 18:46 - Mar 29 by ChaffRAFC

I can understand why Hill wanted to go and get Thompson back. I didn't agree with it and never will but I understood it. That said, it was annoying that he didn't see fit to sub him today.

Or anyone else. Only Edwards, SCS and Kennedy can come out of that game, with any satisfaction. Lillis (their goal apart) saved us from an embarrassing defeat. I feel sorry for Hill, he has a hell of a job on in the summer, cos 90% of his current squad aren't good enough and don't even show that they want to be here.

upthedale.nl

Well then on 18:54 - Mar 29 with 1476 viewsmacro

Well then on 18:44 - Mar 29 by D_Alien

Kh can't rate rafferty so rose plays at rb. Saw Bennett today on crutches he was struggling. As for jt I liked and thought a lot of the stick was unjustified but his performances at brizzle and today were very poor
Well then on 18:55 - Mar 29 with 1474 viewsdalenumber2

Well then on 18:46 - Mar 29 by ChaffRAFC

Hill's not perfect and never will be. There were plenty of gripes the first time around about his team selection and tactics. However I still think that if anyone can keep our heads above water it's him. The small details may not be right yet but the bigger picture should become clear soon. For the next few weeks we just need to do enough to ensure we are still playing in this league next season.
Well then on 18:57 - Mar 29 with 1459 viewsmizfit

Well then on 18:53 - Mar 29 by BlueDutch

Or anyone else. Only Edwards, SCS and Kennedy can come out of that game, with any satisfaction. Lillis (their goal apart) saved us from an embarrassing defeat. I feel sorry for Hill, he has a hell of a job on in the summer, cos 90% of his current squad aren't good enough and don't even show that they want to be here.

Kennedy? Must have watched a different game to me today pal
Login to get fewer ads

Well then on 19:03 - Mar 29 with 1448 viewsmacro

Set pieces today, piss poor
Well then on 19:04 - Mar 29 with 1439 viewsDaley_Lama

Yay, Joey T bashing, despite the obvious fact he played most of the game on the wrong wing to match up against their lanky winger.

Yet not one mention of the absolute stinker that Bobby Grant had. Again.

Poll: DF in or out

Well then on 19:17 - Mar 29 with 1394 viewsSalwaDale

Well then on 19:04 - Mar 29 by Daley_Lama

Yay, Joey T bashing, despite the obvious fact he played most of the game on the wrong wing to match up against their lanky winger.

Spot on.

TBBT

Well then on 19:18 - Mar 29 with 1390 views442Dale

Grant was awful, Thompson was Thompson. Think that's where any frustration lies.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Well then on 19:38 - Mar 29 with 1346 viewsTalkingSutty

Well then on 19:18 - Mar 29 by 442Dale

Grant was awful, Thompson was Thompson. Think that's where any frustration lies.

The body language of the players was terrible today. The majority now know that they are stuck at the club until the end of the season and they either dont want to stay at the club or they will realise Hilly will be getting rid of them.

I saw players today who didnt look interested and lacked motivation, they looked as though it didnt matter to them which is shocking. I honestly think we will be on the end of a drubbing at Exeter on Monday, there doesnt seem to be any pride in the players. They look like they dont enjoy playing football.
Well then on 19:56 - Mar 29 with 1312 viewsYouTubeDale

Saw Flickers in the Main Stand today. I wonder if he gave any advice at half time.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Well then on 19:57 - Mar 29 with 1312 viewsChaffRAFC

Well then on 19:18 - Mar 29 by 442Dale

Spot on.

However, fair point by both Lama and Wigan_Dale, Bobby Grant does deserve a mention for a shocker of a performance. I still cannot believe how he ballooned that one on one over the bar. It was almost as if he was trying to put it in the top corner but f****d it up.

Well then on 20:21 - Mar 29 with 1212 viewsdingdangblue

Well then on 18:54 - Mar 29 by macro

Kh can't rate rafferty so rose plays at rb. Saw Bennett today on crutches he was struggling. As for jt I liked and thought a lot of the stick was unjustified but his performances at brizzle and today were very poor

Bennett would be struggling - he's ruptured his posterior cruciate ligament. I can't understand Hilly bringing Haworth back - he didn't play him last time and he's not this time either. That last 10 mins today when Aldershot were throwing players forward leaving themselves wide open it was crying out for Howarths pace to counter attack. CANT WAIT FOR THIS SEASON TO END.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Well then on 20:26 - Mar 29 with 1191 viewsEELAD

Grant's proved himself to be a valuable member of the team this season. Thompson didn't really endear himself to the majority fans the last time he was here and has started in a similar vein this time around. Obviously Grant was below par but perhaps the looming court case had an effect, who knows? The only thing Thompson has to worry about is which of the Jackson 5 he wants to style himself on next.
Well then on 20:50 - Mar 29 with 1142 viewsMBoothman

All in all a terrible match of football; here are my ratings, for what it's worth.

Lillis - 6; two class saves, and a lot of decent punches, the only bad point being the goal, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for that one.
Rose - 4; would have been a three, but he slightly improved for the second half. Awful set-piece taking and distribution in general.
Edwards - 7; thought he did well with the aerial balls considering his height, made some crucial tackles.
Sheriff - 6; did nowt wrong.
McIntyre - 6; tidy enough, didn't give the ball away too many times.
Thompson - 5; occasionally embarrassing to watch, but tracked back enough times to warrant a higher score than Bobby G.
Kennedy - 4; the worst I've seen him play in a Dale shirt, looks like he can't wait to get out of here.
Cavanagh - 6; some decent tackling in the second half, even if his passing is shite.
Henderson - 6; great first touch, good footballing brain and looked like he wanted to create, but slightly the wrong game for him today.
Grant - 4; another selfish display of petty free-kick winning and attempted wonder goals. Good skills, awful attitude.
Donnelly - 4; don't get me wrong, I like the fella, but he just isn't a league footballer. His attempt to control the ball when through one-on-one was as laughable as it was heart-breaking. Next stop Northwich Victoria.

Hill - 4; it needs saying, Hill got it wrong today - not to change things at half-time with so many players having bad 'uns was bizarre. Thought we could have done with an extra man in midfield so Kennedy could have an influence, as it was he was a passenger caught between two stools.

Looking at today's performance, there's not too many players I'd be offering new contracts. And if Grimes can't even get in this team, it looks like he'll be gone as well. But hey ho, we can but hope for summer.

Yes. That IS Sako.

Well then on 20:59 - Mar 29 with 1126 viewsEELAD

What I find very worrying is the fact that Hill didn't see any way of improving the team from the players he had available on the bench, especially with such an abject display. Has he no faith in the subs?
Well then on 21:05 - Mar 29 with 1112 viewsYouTubeDale

Well then on 20:59 - Mar 29 by EELAD

What I find very worrying is the fact that Hill didn't see any way of improving the team from the players he had available on the bench, especially with such an abject display. Has he no faith in the subs?

Or is he keeping them fresh for Monday? You'd have thought he would have tried to stretch The Shots a bit, as suggested, it was crying out for Haworth to do the stretching. Even good managers baffle you sometimes.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Well then on 21:09 - Mar 29 with 1101 viewsEELAD

Well then on 21:05 - Mar 29 by YouTubeDale

Or is he keeping them fresh for Monday? You'd have thought he would have tried to stretch The Shots a bit, as suggested, it was crying out for Haworth to do the stretching. Even good managers baffle you sometimes.

Forget keeping players fresh for Monday, Exeter away is an absolute write off. Today was an absolute must win and definitely a winnable game so there's absolutely no excuse for not throwing the kitchen sink at a very poor Aldershot team.
Well then on 21:14 - Mar 29 with 1089 viewsTalkingSutty

Well then on 21:09 - Mar 29 by EELAD

Forget keeping players fresh for Monday, Exeter away is an absolute write off. Today was an absolute must win and definitely a winnable game so there's absolutely no excuse for not throwing the kitchen sink at a very poor Aldershot team.

A very poor Aldershot team who should have left Spotland with all 3 points, what does that make us ?
Well then on 21:29 - Mar 29 with 1058 viewsEELAD

Well then on 21:14 - Mar 29 by TalkingSutty

A very poor Aldershot team who should have left Spotland with all 3 points, what does that make us ?

I daren't say in case I get ejected lol
Well then on 22:55 - Mar 29 with 983 viewsmikehunt

Well then on 21:29 - Mar 29 by EELAD

I daren't say in case I get ejected lol

Have to say it was Henderson that caught my eye today. Reminded me of Perkins: Bloody everywhere.Back deep in defence then pops up in attack, then breaking something up on the wing. Really impressed me. Good engine on him. Wants the ball and seems to care. Defo one to keep in my opinion.

Re the result: at least I can sleep knowing we aren't the ones to have sent them down. I will have no such qualms when Plymouth come a-calling. They took great delight in depriving us of the win we needed to get into the play-offs some years ago. Barstewards Owe them for that.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Well then on 23:39 - Mar 29 with 923 viewsD_Alien

Yay, wtf?

There's been plenty of comments about Grant's form today

But as the saying goes (to paraphrase), form is temporary, lack of class is permanent
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024