Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdaleafc last big signing? 18:04 - Aug 2 with 3557 viewsTheRochdaleMan

I can't recall dale buying any big names. Good players but no big names people have heard off
Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 18:15 - Aug 2 with 2843 viewsBanned4ever

Gracie Fields ?
Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 18:20 - Aug 2 with 2817 viewsShun

Not exactly a big name, in my 'Dale life' the only one I can think of that we were all excited about and confident he'd do well was COG.
Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 18:27 - Aug 2 with 2794 viewsSuddenLad

Malcolm Darling raised a few eyebrows at the time. David 'Super Sub' Fairclough also got tongues wagging, alas it was only for one game !

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 18:31 - Aug 2 with 2773 viewsShun

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 18:20 - Aug 2 by Shun

Not exactly a big name, in my 'Dale life' the only one I can think of that we were all excited about and confident he'd do well was COG.

Having said that, I was surprised and pleased when Grimes and Jason Kennedy signed.
Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 18:31 - Aug 2 with 2772 views442Dale

Andy Flounders. Record fee for a proven scorer who chose Dale ahead of staying at a rival club who had, on paper, a better chance of success and certainly more impressive facilities.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 18:32 - Aug 2 with 2771 viewsboromat

Paul connor and clive platt both cost a bit of money the only name players would be the older variety like jobson and bishop

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 18:36 - Aug 2 with 2754 viewsColDale

I'd say that Lee Hodges was the last "name" player that we signed.
Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 18:36 - Aug 2 with 2748 viewssandylaner1

was chuffed when we managed to nab JK from darlo...

gave all the fans a boost at the time too, we need something similar to happen now
Login to get fewer ads

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 18:39 - Aug 2 with 2744 viewselectricblue

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 18:32 - Aug 2 by boromat

Paul connor and clive platt both cost a bit of money the only name players would be the older variety like jobson and bishop

For money i agree connor and Platt..
But one name for me as a dale supporter was carl harris from leeds.
I supported leeds in my very early days just to annoy a man utd fan at school i remember seing carl harris play for leeds a few times qhen a friends dad used to take us to a few div1 grounds..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 18:52 - Aug 2 with 2708 viewsphomem

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 18:36 - Aug 2 by ColDale

I'd say that Lee Hodges was the last "name" player that we signed.

So much promise so little performance
Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 18:54 - Aug 2 with 2704 viewsArthurDaley

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 18:27 - Aug 2 by SuddenLad

Malcolm Darling raised a few eyebrows at the time. David 'Super Sub' Fairclough also got tongues wagging, alas it was only for one game !

Think we got Darling as part of the deal that took Dave Cross to Norwich.
Sounded funny at the time shouting come on Darling.

A large VAT Dave

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 19:22 - Aug 2 with 2651 viewsTVOS1907

But how many clubs at our level - and of Dale's stature - do buy players "people have heard of"?

Anyway, Brian Greenhoff.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 19:58 - Aug 2 with 2604 viewsrafc1984

Derek Parlane
Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 20:05 - Aug 2 with 2579 viewsChaffRAFC

If you include loanees then Brett Ormerod or Tom Heaton but in terms of permanent transfers? Rickie Lambert was a well known name but I'll go for Lee Hodges like Col's said.

I remember very well, hearing about Lee Hodges, jumping for joy at the fact we'd signed arguably the best player in the lower divisions and one of the trickiest wingers outside the Premiership. I went straight to the bookies and slapped £20 on us to win the league.

God damn you Paul Simpson, God damn you to hell!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 20:07 - Aug 2 with 2572 viewsolympicdale

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 20:05 - Aug 2 by ChaffRAFC

If you include loanees then Brett Ormerod or Tom Heaton but in terms of permanent transfers? Rickie Lambert was a well known name but I'll go for Lee Hodges like Col's said.

I remember very well, hearing about Lee Hodges, jumping for joy at the fact we'd signed arguably the best player in the lower divisions and one of the trickiest wingers outside the Premiership. I went straight to the bookies and slapped £20 on us to win the league.

God damn you Paul Simpson, God damn you to hell!

Lee Hodges, boy yea, he came with some real hope, completely bombed.

Life is a game of fate.

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 20:11 - Aug 2 with 2554 viewsNewbury_Dale

Jason Kennedy for me. A player who'd looked good for Darlo every time I had seen him
Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 20:21 - Aug 2 with 2532 viewsrkershaw

John Doolan!!!!
Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 20:23 - Aug 2 with 2526 viewsstuartcryer

Tony whelan, Tony Ford,Niel Young, Mike Doyle,Doug Collins, SIR Bobby Charlton even if it was for one game, Jimmy Greenhoff , Martin Hodge,
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

wardle blue

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 23:29 - Aug 2 with 2387 viewsYadHoDale

Steve Johnson (the first time) is also a contender.
Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 23:41 - Aug 2 with 2375 viewsAtThePeake

It depends what you consider a big signing really. There have been a lot of players that we've signed that I thought were great players at Dale level, but I don't know whether that's cause of performances against us or because of reputation. The midfield trio that came after the Centenary Season and were all average at best of Keltie, Toner and Mark Jones really got me excited.

A lot of players from Hill's era got me excited before they'd even pulled on a shirt. Muirhead, Le Fondre, Kennedy. And a few from the start of last season. I remember thinking we'd pulled off a right coup when we snared Trotman. Which is ridiculous to think now of course.

Tangled up in blue.

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 23:50 - Aug 2 with 2368 viewsdingdangblue

Bergkamp.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 00:00 - Aug 3 with 2358 viewsNerazzurri

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 23:50 - Aug 2 by dingdangblue

Bergkamp.

I think Le Fondre was a big signing. We'd already had him on loan and loved him and it was clear he was going to bang in the goals for us and be a quality player. Then there was an on off saga for a while in the summer and we eventually got our man. That felt like a proper transfer battle for a player we knew would deliver the goods.

Forza Nerazzurri

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 20:20 - Aug 3 with 2181 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 00:00 - Aug 3 by Nerazzurri

I think Le Fondre was a big signing. We'd already had him on loan and loved him and it was clear he was going to bang in the goals for us and be a quality player. Then there was an on off saga for a while in the summer and we eventually got our man. That felt like a proper transfer battle for a player we knew would deliver the goods.

Alan McLoughlin had a decent record prior to comming to dale - where he was steady and immobile - think that was around 2001 under Parkin but probably wrong.

John Hollins could be classed as one as could Simpson I guess as managers.

Izzy Diaz raised a few eyebrows as well at the time but did not do a lot.

In my time of watching though I would say that Flounders, Hodges and Connor were the biggest 3 for expectations - all 3 of which were average to poor signings at best!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 20:46 - Aug 3 with 2149 viewsBartRowou

Alan Ainscow, Steve Kinsey, Peter Hampton, Paul Moulden and Ian Bishop were all top-flight names pre-Dale.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 20:52 - Aug 3 with 2136 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Rochdaleafc last big signing? on 20:46 - Aug 3 by BartRowou

Alan Ainscow, Steve Kinsey, Peter Hampton, Paul Moulden and Ian Bishop were all top-flight names pre-Dale.

Paul Moulden looked very good when he played and Sutton wanted to sign him but he wanted £1500 per week plus bonuses - a lot now but then crazy.

He runs a chippy now I think!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024