Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? 17:33 - Aug 1 with 2738 viewsTheRochdaleMan

Feeling confident but also quite worried about our goals, where will they come from I mean in our pre-season friendlies. Our goals have come from odd players. For example against b'Burn. Joe Thompson, a great player but he came from the bench to score, why didn't we score before. And last night against marine. A trail it's scored. Got any thoughts?
Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 17:51 - Aug 1 with 2709 viewsbilbobaggins

we gonna draw every game !
Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 17:53 - Aug 1 with 2697 viewsTheRochdaleMan

Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 17:51 - Aug 1 by bilbobaggins

Better than losing all the matches I suppose. Haha
Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 20:10 - Aug 1 with 2610 viewsBanned4ever

There seems to be a draught of goal scorers for lower divisions this year .

you have a chose between young unproven lads or Old has beens who should of hung there boots up.

Any decent ones taken by the big spenders
Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 20:11 - Aug 1 with 2605 views442Dale

On that note, Ryan Lowe to MKDons.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 20:17 - Aug 1 with 2588 viewsBanned4ever

Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 20:11 - Aug 1 by 442Dale

On that note, Ryan Lowe to MKDons.

has Lowey gone MK.Dons?
Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 20:18 - Aug 1 with 2581 views442Dale

Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 20:17 - Aug 1 by Banned4ever

has Lowey gone MK.Dons?

Er, the clue is in the post.

From twitter.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 20:22 - Aug 1 with 2574 viewsTVOS1907

Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 17:51 - Aug 1 by bilbobaggins

What about Dale though?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 20:28 - Aug 1 with 2566 viewsBanned4ever

Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 20:18 - Aug 1 by 442Dale

Er, the clue is in the post.

From twitter.

Not heard anything until you mention it

Just pulled this from the MK.Dons sight

Upon signing for the Club, Ryan Lowe said: “I have just left a great club in Sheffield Wednesday, I was probably going to be limited to chances of playing football and I don’t want to just sit around picking up money, I want to work hard for my money.

How many 30+ players will say that
Login to get fewer ads

Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 21:18 - Aug 1 with 2515 viewsseasidedale

I know we had to change things but I cant say Iminspired, In some ways I feel that we are at Macclesfield, Barnet level. I feel that we are back to Barrow days with the level of signings, especially as we are supposed to have money to spend, look what happened with the last manager trying to sign a forward we got Homer! but who knows hope I am wrong
Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 21:45 - Aug 1 with 2483 viewsrich_dale

Feels like we have some solidity and quality in the defence and midfield but not much presence or pace in forward areas. The first half line ups in Hull and Blackburn friendlies looked conservative. As has been said already we might prove harder to beat but not convinced the goals will rain in at the other end.
Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 09:17 - Aug 2 with 2349 viewsfitzochris

Having not seen any friendlies, it's hard for me to comment. But I will say this. Even if we have money, it won't be the type of money most other clubs in this division have. We won't be able to just go out and buy a 'name'.

I reckon one of the main reasons JC was appointed in the first place was his ability to spot non-league players who could make the step up to league football. By doing this he made Accy competitive without costing them money and then made the club a few quid when these players moved on.

This philosophy suits a club like us down to the ground, no matter how far we think we've come in recent years.

So that is why I'm wondering JC didn't have a closer look at Damien Reeves. Gillingham obviously thought he was worth a deal after just one trial game and, on paper at least, he seems the type of forward we need.

Perhaps JC knows him better than most and has his reasons for not inviting him to train with us - perhaps he did ask about Reeves and Reeves wasn't interested, who knows?

Anyways, what I'm saying is, the players we sign might not necessarily get the pulse racing initially, mainly cos we won't have heard of them, but then Accy fans thought that about half the players that are now club legends for them.

I want to at least see a few league games before jumping either side of the fence.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 09:26 - Aug 2 with 2329 viewsColDale

Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 09:17 - Aug 2 by fitzochris

Having not seen any friendlies, it's hard for me to comment. But I will say this. Even if we have money, it won't be the type of money most other clubs in this division have. We won't be able to just go out and buy a 'name'.

I reckon one of the main reasons JC was appointed in the first place was his ability to spot non-league players who could make the step up to league football. By doing this he made Accy competitive without costing them money and then made the club a few quid when these players moved on.

This philosophy suits a club like us down to the ground, no matter how far we think we've come in recent years.

So that is why I'm wondering JC didn't have a closer look at Damien Reeves. Gillingham obviously thought he was worth a deal after just one trial game and, on paper at least, he seems the type of forward we need.

Perhaps JC knows him better than most and has his reasons for not inviting him to train with us - perhaps he did ask about Reeves and Reeves wasn't interested, who knows?

Anyways, what I'm saying is, the players we sign might not necessarily get the pulse racing initially, mainly cos we won't have heard of them, but then Accy fans thought that about half the players that are now club legends for them.

I want to at least see a few league games before jumping either side of the fence.

I was reading about Damien Reeves, and there are plenty of comments that he was something of a one season wonder last year. Fans of his previous clubs were very surprised at the success he enjoyed last year, and at 26 he's unlikely to improve massively. Of course, there may have been many reasons why he didn't play to his potential until last season.
Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 09:41 - Aug 2 with 2317 viewsfitzochris

Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 09:26 - Aug 2 by ColDale

I was reading about Damien Reeves, and there are plenty of comments that he was something of a one season wonder last year. Fans of his previous clubs were very surprised at the success he enjoyed last year, and at 26 he's unlikely to improve massively. Of course, there may have been many reasons why he didn't play to his potential until last season.

Yeah, as I say, there could be a million and one reasons why JC didn't entertain him.

My overall point, though, is that players like Reeves may represent the best way for us to get an edge over our opposition.

There was no way Accy could match the spending of nearly every other team in League Two, yet they had a squad that eventually made the play-offs after year-on-year improvement. In many ways, that's a better achievement than us getting there.

I would say we are in a similar position to Accy now. We are better resourced than Accy, and have a bigger fan base, but not massively.

I just feel when Dunphy says we have a war chest it is more comparable to one the Federated States of Micronesia may have, rather than the USA.

Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 11:54 - Aug 2 with 2247 viewsseasidedale

Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 09:41 - Aug 2 by fitzochris

Yeah, as I say, there could be a million and one reasons why JC didn't entertain him.

My overall point, though, is that players like Reeves may represent the best way for us to get an edge over our opposition.

There was no way Accy could match the spending of nearly every other team in League Two, yet they had a squad that eventually made the play-offs after year-on-year improvement. In many ways, that's a better achievement than us getting there.

I would say we are in a similar position to Accy now. We are better resourced than Accy, and have a bigger fan base, but not massively.

I just feel when Dunphy says we have a war chest it is more comparable to one the Federated States of Micronesia may have, rather than the USA.

With the debts the USA have the Micronesia budget is probably very good
Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 11:57 - Aug 2 with 2240 viewsfitzochris

Feeling slightly optimistic about the new season, thoughts? on 11:54 - Aug 2 by seasidedale

With the debts the USA have the Micronesia budget is probably very good

But you can always rely on Uncle Sam to spend big when it comes to war... they love that sh*t!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024