Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What position do we need to strengthen. 23:21 - May 13 with 2999 viewsRANGERS4EVER

What is the first signing you will see us make .

A Gk ? CB ? ST?

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

What position do we need to strengthen. on 00:41 - May 14 with 796 viewsSharpy

Who ever needs replacing and the if`s and buts and maybe`s that will see a summer full of debate one way or another, come the end of June we will finally rid our club of the bad taste left in the mouth from the previous incumbents of our great club.

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

What position do we need to strengthen. on 00:48 - May 14 with 785 viewsCharlie1

What position do we need to strengthen. on 00:41 - May 14 by Sharpy

Who ever needs replacing and the if`s and buts and maybe`s that will see a summer full of debate one way or another, come the end of June we will finally rid our club of the bad taste left in the mouth from the previous incumbents of our great club.

Amen to that

2:59 baby!

What position do we need to strengthen. on 00:53 - May 14 with 778 viewsDylanP

NONE.

We do not need new players. We need to get rid of some of he deadwood and then work on getting the players to play together as a team and maintain their discipline.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

What position do we need to strengthen. on 01:05 - May 14 with 770 viewsCharlie1

What position do we need to strengthen. on 00:53 - May 14 by DylanP

NONE.

We do not need new players. We need to get rid of some of he deadwood and then work on getting the players to play together as a team and maintain their discipline.

Spanner
Try watching us from the terraces / seats

A lot of investment needed.

2:59 baby!

What position do we need to strengthen. on 02:02 - May 14 with 748 viewsaussiehoop

You'd assume that Taiwo and Diakite are now ours.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hoilett and Henrique come through the door either. Almost certain that Hoilett is out of contract and I seem recall reading that if we stayed up Hughes was going to go back in for Henrique.

Beyond that I'm not sure. Would think we'd need a GK, RB and CB... Will be interesting to see who gets moved on. There's still a lot of dead wood.
What position do we need to strengthen. on 02:34 - May 14 with 741 viewsOzhoop

Definitely GK. Paddy had a strange game. At fault for the first and probably last goal. Lots of good saves inbetween. He's been too inconsistent this year.
What position do we need to strengthen. on 03:46 - May 14 with 736 viewsDylanP

What position do we need to strengthen. on 01:05 - May 14 by Charlie1

Spanner
Try watching us from the terraces / seats

A lot of investment needed.

No. We keep bringing in rounds of new players. Constantly chopping and changing. The team is beginning to gel. Now we need a summer to work together. A summer for MH to begin to get into their heads.

No, we definitely don't need a whole new round of players.

In case YOU didn't notice, we have begun to look like a pretty good team. Beat Arsenal, Liverpool, and Spurs and played Citeh pretty tough. Thats the number 1,3, and 4 sides in the division.

Let's see, our defense has been looking tight at home -- like a sieve away from home -- but solid D at home, including three clean sheets in our last three home fixtures. We have a midfield that includes Barton and Derry on the defensive side and flair players of the quality of Diakite and Taarabt pushing forward. Then we have an attacking unit that include Cisse (6 goals in 8 games), Mackie, Helguson, and Zamora. We have scored in 14 of the last 16 games.

Our achillies heals are discipline and strategy. More chopping and changing aren't going to improve discipline or the boys ability to understand what the gaffer wants them to do. That takes time together and stability.

So, yeah, I say again, we don't need another flood of players. OK, maybe a couple of backups to replace the deadwood we are going to ditch during the season. But not a bunch of new players.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

What position do we need to strengthen. on 05:23 - May 14 with 723 viewsPommyhoop

Goal line technology and video reviews would do me..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

What position do we need to strengthen. on 06:35 - May 14 with 708 viewscorse

gk, cb, lb, rb, 2xdm, 2xam,fw
What position do we need to strengthen. on 08:07 - May 14 with 682 viewsElHoop

We definitely need some new players. I would stick with the strikers on the books as we won't always play with 2 up and Mackie clearly likes getting forward when the need arises.

Goalkeeper - hopefully the operation will sort out Kenny but we need another keeper.

Defence - we need two more centre backs as we were luck that Hill and Ferdy stayed fit at the end. An injury to either probably would have sent us down.

Midfield - wide I think we are OK. Buz and Derry looked to be struggling at times and Barton is too weird to rely upon. Two central midfielders required but not massively expensive ones if Faurlin will be fit to start the season. If he isn't fit then we need a decent midfielder.

So that's 5 players for me - with any big money going at centre back if Faurlin is fit and we keep Diakite.
What position do we need to strengthen. on 09:01 - May 14 with 660 viewsSidcupRs

What position do we need to strengthen. on 08:07 - May 14 by ElHoop

We definitely need some new players. I would stick with the strikers on the books as we won't always play with 2 up and Mackie clearly likes getting forward when the need arises.

Goalkeeper - hopefully the operation will sort out Kenny but we need another keeper.

Defence - we need two more centre backs as we were luck that Hill and Ferdy stayed fit at the end. An injury to either probably would have sent us down.

Midfield - wide I think we are OK. Buz and Derry looked to be struggling at times and Barton is too weird to rely upon. Two central midfielders required but not massively expensive ones if Faurlin will be fit to start the season. If he isn't fit then we need a decent midfielder.

So that's 5 players for me - with any big money going at centre back if Faurlin is fit and we keep Diakite.

I think we definitely need to strengthen the squad but I am surprised no-one has mentioned getting players from abroad. Cisse, Taiwo and Diakite, for me great signings, all came from the Continent.

Anyone know of any affordable, decent players we could pick up outside the UK?
What position do we need to strengthen. on 09:13 - May 14 with 648 viewsnadera78

Need a GK, a dominant CB, a wide player with real pace, and a ball-retaining CF to back up Zamora. And I'd probably leave it at that and allow the squad to bond further.
What position do we need to strengthen. on 09:15 - May 14 with 644 viewsJamie

Presuning Taiwo & Diakite options are taken up:
A CB
A CM
A LM

Possibly also a GK and a second CB.
What position do we need to strengthen. on 09:31 - May 14 with 629 viewsrunningman75

Need to look at strengths of the squad , midfield will be good with Faurlin returning and Diakite? ( farewell Barton?). Play Mackie on the right side. Possibly need a left midfielder though think Traore can play there. Up front we have Cisse and Zamora ( not sure about Bothroyd or Campbell for next season but would still see how they are pre-season), and Taraabt to play just behind depending on formation we are going to use, 4-5-1 or 4-4-2. Would say we need full backs though hopefully Taiwo will stay not sure what has happened to Young. Centre backs between Hill, Ferdinand and Onuha, possibly one more centre back. Hopefully Kenny will be fitter next season.
For me 3 main signings 1) right back
2) Centre back
3) Goalkeeper ( back up or one to compete for number 1 shirt)
What position do we need to strengthen. on 09:33 - May 14 with 628 viewsadhoc_qpr

The biggest need is centre midfield, but the return of Faurlin covers that.

Hall and Gabbidon are out of contract so we need another centre back.

I'd actually say after that wingers are a biggest weakness, Mackie and Smith aren't really wingers, SWP may redeem himself at some point but i've written off and Taarabt isn't an out and out winger either.

I'd definately want Hughes to shop abroad - Diakite, Taiwo, Cisse all better value and more succesful than most of our UK purchases.
What position do we need to strengthen. on 09:37 - May 14 with 613 viewsraskolnikov

A lot will go this Summer - well over half the team.

We should be looking at £0-4m bracket younger players - if we can get Diakite for this then then its feasible. Wenger has done this brilliantly over the years.
What position do we need to strengthen. on 09:50 - May 14 with 600 viewsnadera78

What position do we need to strengthen. on 09:37 - May 14 by raskolnikov

A lot will go this Summer - well over half the team.

We should be looking at £0-4m bracket younger players - if we can get Diakite for this then then its feasible. Wenger has done this brilliantly over the years.

Joel Ward at Portsmouth can play holding midfield, CB or RB. Plus you'd probably get him for peanuts.
What position do we need to strengthen. on 09:55 - May 14 with 597 viewsrunningman75

Trying to remember the name of the guy who was playing for MK dons at right back who was on loan from Spurs. He looked a quality young player, and worth a bid as he has no chance of replacing Kyle Walker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024