Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vipotnick 21:49 - Aug 28 with 7466 viewsTomsyard

That must be the worst no.9 performance I’ve ever seen. No wonder he hardly ever touches the ball as his movement is non existent. I’ve never seen such a static centre forward, it was shocking. He makes it impossible for a team mate to find him in fact he makes almost every ball into the box look really bad, how can they find him when he’s stood still constantly, he was/is awful
[Post edited 28 Aug 21:59]
Vipotnick on 09:20 - Aug 29 with 1431 viewsonehunglow

Vipotnick on 09:18 - Aug 29 by jack247

Yeah that’s great and he did do that, but he’s got to work when we’re in possession as well. We are most of the time.

He’s clearly not match fit, he’s using a lot of his energy pressing fruitlessly on his own, then not busting a gut to give options to the players behind him or making runs for crosses when we’ve got it out wide.

Whether people rate Williams or not, we’ve certainly progressed our intricate passing moves from the edge of our own box to at least within the opposition half. When a striker is as anonymous as that and we don’t have an Ntcham to break through a defence, it’s no surprise we’ve got no penetration.

As has been said, he wouldn’t be at the Euros without something about him and it’s way to early to judge a player, but that performance was nowhere near acceptable. Yates would have (rightly) been slaughtered for it.

Morning.
I don’t see any progression whatsoever
In fact ,last night,there were signs that Larry has been drawn into this .
He has good distribution and should utilise it every time

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Vipotnick on 09:40 - Aug 29 with 1384 viewsjack247

Vipotnick on 09:20 - Aug 29 by onehunglow

Morning.
I don’t see any progression whatsoever
In fact ,last night,there were signs that Larry has been drawn into this .
He has good distribution and should utilise it every time

Compared to the Martin days. We get it out fairly quickly and play most of our football between halfway and the opponents box. Theres still very little penetration though.

That’s not down to one player, but Vipotnik didn’t help last night.
Vipotnick on 10:08 - Aug 29 with 1372 viewsTomsyard

Vipotnick on 07:47 - Aug 29 by sons_of_omri

So a player good enough for the Euros has just been binned by tomsyard. And I bet he thinks Grimes is one of the best midfielders in the league too. I think I have a bridge he may be interested in ………

I didn’t bin him I think he just binned himself with that level of performance. I don’t think anyone knows his ability levels or fitness but lack of effort is totally unacceptable. Don’t understand the ‘bridge’ comment
Vipotnick on 10:08 - Aug 29 with 1362 viewsonehunglow

Vipotnick on 09:40 - Aug 29 by jack247

Compared to the Martin days. We get it out fairly quickly and play most of our football between halfway and the opponents box. Theres still very little penetration though.

That’s not down to one player, but Vipotnik didn’t help last night.

Morning
What you’re alluding to is that the static sideways shite has moved downfield a bit.
It all falls down when we reach opponents box
Now,what do they do in training to address this
I didn’t think Wycombe looked in trouble at all at the back
That is why we should all be worried
After I’ve calmed down a little,I do see now few have much faith in him right now

Vipotnick on 10:14 - Aug 29 with 1362 viewssons_of_omri

Vipotnick on 09:18 - Aug 29 by jack247

Yeah that’s great and he did do that, but he’s got to work when we’re in possession as well. We are most of the time.

He’s clearly not match fit, he’s using a lot of his energy pressing fruitlessly on his own, then not busting a gut to give options to the players behind him or making runs for crosses when we’ve got it out wide.

Whether people rate Williams or not, we’ve certainly progressed our intricate passing moves from the edge of our own box to at least within the opposition half. When a striker is as anonymous as that and we don’t have an Ntcham to break through a defence, it’s no surprise we’ve got no penetration.

As has been said, he wouldn’t be at the Euros without something about him and it’s way to early to judge a player, but that performance was nowhere near acceptable. Yates would have (rightly) been slaughtered for it.

When Grimes ignore 3 or 4 passing opportunities how is he to know when to bust a gut? Genuine question
Vipotnick on 10:16 - Aug 29 with 1346 viewsonehunglow

Vipotnick on 10:14 - Aug 29 by sons_of_omri

When Grimes ignore 3 or 4 passing opportunities how is he to know when to bust a gut? Genuine question

There was a time last night when Grims had a clear shot at goal 18 yds out .
He has a lovely left foot so why does he feel so disinclined to shoot
Again ,this is coaching
This can be sorted out in training

Vipotnick on 10:21 - Aug 29 with 1344 viewsjack247

Vipotnick on 10:14 - Aug 29 by sons_of_omri

He does it until he’s knackered. The 4th or 5th may have resulted in a goal.
Vipotnick on 10:22 - Aug 29 with 1340 viewsLegend83

Vipotnick on 10:16 - Aug 29 by onehunglow

There was a time last night when Grims had a clear shot at goal 18 yds out .
He has a lovely left foot so why does he feel so disinclined to shoot
Again ,this is coaching
This can be sorted out in training

Grimes is a "play the percentages" player. At the back of his mind in that moment, he would have a nagging thought that he needed to retain possession and not risk losing the ball via a shot that could potentially serve up the ball to the opposition. Which would then hurt our possession stats .

Some of it is coaching (it feels like Ronald is the only player given carte-blanche to go out and try something different), but most of it is the natural instinct of the player.
Login to get fewer ads

Vipotnick on 10:23 - Aug 29 with 1339 viewssons_of_omri

Vipotnick on 10:08 - Aug 29 by Tomsyard

I didn’t bin him I think he just binned himself with that level of performance. I don’t think anyone knows his ability levels or fitness but lack of effort is totally unacceptable. Don’t understand the ‘bridge’ comment

You wouldn’t.

If you think the striker is at the root of our problems then you’re going to be bitterly disappointed for seasons to come. Piroes goals were largely self made - that disguised the deficiencies the most ineffective “playmakers” I’ve ever seen.

Said playmaker was last night hiding between the centre halves again. I would put my house on a Franco/Allen (a fit Allen) changing our impetus within 5 games together. Grimes is semi retired and mugging off the entire club through a hideous lack of effort and responsibility. It’s like making the laziest guy on the building site foreman because he doesn’t work and then finding out he won’t take responsibility to supervise either and construction grinds to a halt. Fulton is one of the hod carriers who just looks at Grimes’ work rate and thinks “if he can’t be arsed then neither can I”.
Vipotnick on 10:24 - Aug 29 with 1337 viewsjack247

Vipotnick on 10:08 - Aug 29 by onehunglow

Morning
What you’re alluding to is that the static sideways shite has moved downfield a bit.
It all falls down when we reach opponents box
Now,what do they do in training to address this
I didn’t think Wycombe looked in trouble at all at the back
That is why we should all be worried
After I’ve calmed down a little,I do see now few have much faith in him right now

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying. Much matter there than in our final third surely?

Not one single players fault we don’t have any penetration.

The striker is fairly static and very easy to mark
We don’t have a #10 unless Eom develops into one
We don’t have a box to box midfield who can break through the lines
Vipotnick on 10:57 - Aug 29 with 1284 viewsTomsyard

Vipotnick on 10:23 - Aug 29 by sons_of_omri

You wouldn’t.

If you think the striker is at the root of our problems then you’re going to be bitterly disappointed for seasons to come. Piroes goals were largely self made - that disguised the deficiencies the most ineffective “playmakers” I’ve ever seen.

Said playmaker was last night hiding between the centre halves again. I would put my house on a Franco/Allen (a fit Allen) changing our impetus within 5 games together. Grimes is semi retired and mugging off the entire club through a hideous lack of effort and responsibility. It’s like making the laziest guy on the building site foreman because he doesn’t work and then finding out he won’t take responsibility to supervise either and construction grinds to a halt. Fulton is one of the hod carriers who just looks at Grimes’ work rate and thinks “if he can’t be arsed then neither can I”.

Never said he was the root of our problems, he isn’t but lack of effort and tactical awareness is unacceptable for any professional. Possibly when he’s fully integrated into the team he’ll show us what he can do and be a top signing, who knows.
I’ve said before I don’t think LW is a poor manager but I also don’t think he has the level of knowledge to structure the tactics in a way that gets the best out of the team though I still think we won’t go down.
Still don’t understand ‘bridge’
Vipotnick on 12:04 - Aug 29 with 1195 viewsunion_jack

Vipotnick on 10:08 - Aug 29 by Tomsyard

It refers to the sale of London Bridge to an American who thought it was Tower Bridge. It’s not a true story but used when referring to people who are easily duped. Don’t shoot the messenger😁

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Vipotnick on 12:24 - Aug 29 with 1168 viewsARQS

IMO, we are crying out for a striker who can make things happen, whether that's through a bit of pace, physicality or being able to regularly get his head on a cross.

The likes of Vipotnick, Cullen, Yates, etc. are probably fine in a team who are creating chances left right and centre but that isn't us.

Cullen looks like our best striker by an absolute mile. Which, as much as I like him, says it all.
Vipotnick on 12:33 - Aug 29 with 1143 viewshowenjack

Vipotnick on 10:57 - Aug 29 by Tomsyard

Never said he was the root of our problems, he isn’t but lack of effort and tactical awareness is unacceptable for any professional. Possibly when he’s fully integrated into the team he’ll show us what he can do and be a top signing, who knows.
I’ve said before I don’t think LW is a poor manager but I also don’t think he has the level of knowledge to structure the tactics in a way that gets the best out of the team though I still think we won’t go down.

Bridge of sighs ??
Vipotnick on 12:36 - Aug 29 with 1139 viewsjack247

Vipotnick on 10:22 - Aug 29 by Legend83

Grimes is a "play the percentages" player. At the back of his mind in that moment, he would have a nagging thought that he needed to retain possession and not risk losing the ball via a shot that could potentially serve up the ball to the opposition. Which would then hurt our possession stats .

Some of it is coaching (it feels like Ronald is the only player given carte-blanche to go out and try something different), but most of it is the natural instinct of the player.

Not last night he wasn’t. I’m not pretending he had a good game by any means, but he attempted a lot more longer balls to our wide players than usual.

Few of them came off. I’d imagine his passing stats were a lot lower than normal.
Vipotnick on 12:56 - Aug 29 with 1083 viewsKeithHaynes

Have a look mate.
No through balls at all.

Reported this morning.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62877/luke-williams-%E2%

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Vipotnick on 14:10 - Aug 29 with 996 viewsonehunglow

Vipotnick on 12:56 - Aug 29 by KeithHaynes

Have a look mate.
No through balls at all.

Reported this morning.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62877/luke-williams-%E2%

But he has accepted it
It accepted Sundays capitulation
He sent out a ludicrous team to play a stitched up Wycombe Wanderers side
Sport is often about attitude
Captains lead and inspire . Ours does not
They also take the coach’s tactics on to the field of play . He does .
Grimes,let’s face it is a oretty craven individual on the pitch .
We’ve locked a real leader since the magnificent Ash Williams . I’m not sure what his stats were but my God ,Ash was on another planet as a leader

Vipotnick on 14:56 - Aug 29 with 971 viewsDaggyjack

Like Piroe you mean?
Vipotnick on 17:50 - Aug 29 with 860 viewsFlashberryjack

Vipotnick on 22:54 - Aug 28 by Landore_Jack

He was anonymous tonight. He was ineffective last Sunday. I hope he isn't worse than the Ukrainian striker we let go.

At the moment, I'd say he is.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Vipotnick on 18:11 - Aug 29 with 810 viewsGVJack

Vipotnick on 14:10 - Aug 29 by onehunglow

But he has accepted it
It accepted Sundays capitulation
He sent out a ludicrous team to play a stitched up Wycombe Wanderers side
Sport is often about attitude
Captains lead and inspire . Ours does not
They also take the coach’s tactics on to the field of play . He does .
Grimes,let’s face it is a oretty craven individual on the pitch .
We’ve locked a real leader since the magnificent Ash Williams . I’m not sure what his stats were but my God ,Ash was on another planet as a leader

That team was a mix of experience, new players who needed some game time and players who should be chomping at the bit to stake a claim for more regular football. There remains a couple of odd selection choices (AA on the wing and Fulton/Grimes duo) otherwise that's was a team which should have turned over a depleted Wycombe side, at very least made it a competitive game.

This wasn't purely down to selection of the players who took the field, it's the tactics and motivation of those players who played. They need to be accountable, and LW needs (and will be) accountable if he doesn't get them to improve performances going forward.
Vipotnick on 18:18 - Aug 29 with 790 viewssons_of_omri

Vipotnick on 10:57 - Aug 29 by Tomsyard

You’re going on about tactical awareness - what tactics ? Do you honestly believe we were using tactics last night? You kind of concede that point in your second paragraph but anyway I digress.

Vipotnik is a strikers striker, a goal poacher who has already demonstrated his ability by getting on the end of Ronaldo’s cross on one of the very rare occasions he had a quick pass to beat his man easily and feed the ball in.

Strikers need chances - we aren’t creating anything for him. So why pick on him ? Surely the midfield are too blame? Ive said before that Haaland would struggle in this side because Grimes and co cannot move themselves or the ball beyond walking pace. That’s where you want to vent your obvious frustration - it’s unfair to jump on the strikers back .

I remember quite a few saying the same about Piroe before he made them look stupid.
I’ll bet that Vipotnik will score 15-20 with service.

The bridge reference is about some wise boy who conned an American into buying a bridge in London but conned him (obviously) . See this reference for an explanation https://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/39/messages/638.html?utm_content=cmp-t
Vipotnick on 18:22 - Aug 29 with 768 viewssons_of_omri

Vipotnick on 10:21 - Aug 29 by jack247

He does it until he’s knackered. The 4th or 5th may have resulted in a goal.

I think that occurred during the Cardiff game - Grimes ignored a penetrating pass which would have put in in on goal 4 or 5 times. So another question for you - did Grimes play a ball through in either game - a pass that could have put one of our forward players in on goal? I can’t remember any. Not just from these past two games either
Vipotnick on 14:49 - Aug 30 with 556 viewsGVJack

Been called back up to the Slovenian national squad for the upcoming international fixtures.
Vipotnick on 14:53 - Aug 30 with 535 viewsKeithHaynes

Vipotnick on 18:22 - Aug 29 by sons_of_omri

I think that occurred during the Cardiff game - Grimes ignored a penetrating pass which would have put in in on goal 4 or 5 times. So another question for you - did Grimes play a ball through in either game - a pass that could have put one of our forward players in on goal? I can’t remember any. Not just from these past two games either

No through balls from any Swans player against Wycombe.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Vipotnick on 14:57 - Aug 30 with 501 viewsunion_jack

Vipotnick on 14:53 - Aug 30 by KeithHaynes

No through balls from any Swans player against Wycombe.

No balls from any Swans player against Wycombe.

Corrected for you!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024