Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
East Stand safety 18:49 - Aug 26 with 1161 viewsjohnlangy

I suppose it's a bit late to be talking about this 19 years after the stadium was opened but yesterday's crowd reminded me of what it was like when we were in the PL.

If Cardiff supporters want to complain about the concourse in the North Stand they ought to try the East. At half time yesterday it was like being in a sardine can. The queue for the men's toilets was twenty yards long outside and inside it was absolutely rammed.

It made me think whether the stadium (at least the East concourse) was built to the correct safety standards.

There was a posh new camera fixed to the wall above that area. I wonder if any of the stadium management looked at the chaos there and even considered the question of fans safety.
East Stand safety on 19:24 - Aug 26 with 1088 viewsSullutaCreturned

John, the safety there was questined years back. From the lack of space to the floor being extremely slippery when wet. I think there needs to be another 10 yards from the fences in front of the toikets to the front of the food outlets. I also think there should be a proper queueing system to avoid the inevitable hurly burly at half time. The toilets should have turnstyles on them so you can only go in one way and then out one way.

It's poorly designed and was from the start. I also say that the away end is badly designed, the car park and arrangements for awy fans parking could be much better. If it were then ther would be fewer traffic snarl ups around the ground.
East Stand safety on 19:42 - Aug 26 with 1053 viewsWhiterockin

East Stand safety on 19:24 - Aug 26 by SullutaCreturned

John, the safety there was questined years back. From the lack of space to the floor being extremely slippery when wet. I think there needs to be another 10 yards from the fences in front of the toikets to the front of the food outlets. I also think there should be a proper queueing system to avoid the inevitable hurly burly at half time. The toilets should have turnstyles on them so you can only go in one way and then out one way.

It's poorly designed and was from the start. I also say that the away end is badly designed, the car park and arrangements for awy fans parking could be much better. If it were then ther would be fewer traffic snarl ups around the ground.

The credit card system to get served at halftime doesn't help apparently, I wouldn't know because I don't venture down there at halftime.
East Stand safety on 19:44 - Aug 26 with 1046 viewsSullutaCreturned

East Stand safety on 19:42 - Aug 26 by Whiterockin

The credit card system to get served at halftime doesn't help apparently, I wouldn't know because I don't venture down there at halftime.

We've started going in the west, much more room on the concourse but still long queues because the tolets aren't big enough.
East Stand safety on 21:20 - Aug 26 with 840 viewsDr_Winston

The problems yesterday were caused by two things.

#1, it was a 3pm Bank Holiday Sunday kickoff for a local Derby. Loads of people would have been caning it in pubs from about lunchtime, and all would have needed a piss at half time. Far more demand than usual.

#2, the amount of morons who can't tell the difference between an entrance and an exit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

East Stand safety on 01:04 - Aug 27 with 663 viewsRobbie

As a plastic fan of The Swans for 55+ years , due to work commitments a Season Ticket has never been an option moneywise .

Sunday last few tickets available were in the South Stand , got one for the game .
East Stand was sold out , my preferred choice of a seat .

A North Bank rowdy well in the past , it was a great area to be in watching the game , all action up the other end of course , but a great atmosphere amongst us there , nice .

Bit off topic and my swearing can put a docker to shame on many times years ago .

That online clip of a Toffees supporter shouting abuse at his team at Euston Station was awful and disgusting in a public place .

Nowadays a slow handclap or a boo is my protest vote .
East Stand safety on 09:10 - Aug 27 with 475 viewsKeithHaynes

No safety concerns other than Cardiff players running towards their ‘fans’ who knocked over a hoarding which injured one of their players.

Nothing to do with Swansea at all.

Everything caused by them.

Nothing to see here.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

East Stand safety on 09:15 - Aug 27 with 452 viewsWhiterockin

East Stand safety on 09:10 - Aug 27 by KeithHaynes

No safety concerns other than Cardiff players running towards their ‘fans’ who knocked over a hoarding which injured one of their players.

Nothing to do with Swansea at all.

Everything caused by them.

Nothing to see here.

Plus NG could have started a major incident, he should have been booked at the very least.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024