Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Al Hamadi ?? 19:21 - Aug 21 with 1925 viewshowenjack

To Blues ?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-ja
Al Hamadi ?? on 19:29 - Aug 21 with 1888 viewsRhonddaSwans

They need him playing in the championship minimum.
As they will be back next season I would love for him to come
Home for a season

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

Al Hamadi ?? on 20:14 - Aug 21 with 1773 viewshowenjack

Al Hamadi ?? on 19:29 - Aug 21 by RhonddaSwans

They need him playing in the championship minimum.
As they will be back next season I would love for him to come
Home for a season

I saw him on telly a couple of times last season and he looked quite impressive at times . Another guy who impressed me was the Reading striker who is mentioned in this article . saw him play v Birmingham and he scored a good goal and was a threat all game . Only 21 I think so will be a good acquisition for someone if he does go . He looks a natural goalscorer.
Al Hamadi ?? on 20:22 - Aug 21 with 1723 viewsDr_Winston

Al Hamadi is a symptom of a larger problem at the club in recent years. Players who do well in development aren't getting the opportunities that they should do with the first team. We're making players wait far too long for a regular place in the squad.

Al Hamadi was 19 when he left here. Realistically he should have been at least on the bench for the first team at the time. Instead he got nowhere near it.

Decent youth prospects should be out on loan between 17-19 gaining first team experience elsewhere. The best should be involved in our match day squads at 18-19. People still talk about Josh Thomas as a youth prospect. He's 22 next month. He should have three seasons of regular first team football under his belt by now, here or somewhere else.

Progression is far, far too slow.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Al Hamadi ?? on 20:43 - Aug 21 with 1630 viewsWhiterockin

Al Hamadi ?? on 20:22 - Aug 21 by Dr_Winston

Al Hamadi is a symptom of a larger problem at the club in recent years. Players who do well in development aren't getting the opportunities that they should do with the first team. We're making players wait far too long for a regular place in the squad.

Al Hamadi was 19 when he left here. Realistically he should have been at least on the bench for the first team at the time. Instead he got nowhere near it.

Decent youth prospects should be out on loan between 17-19 gaining first team experience elsewhere. The best should be involved in our match day squads at 18-19. People still talk about Josh Thomas as a youth prospect. He's 22 next month. He should have three seasons of regular first team football under his belt by now, here or somewhere else.

You will rarely find players going out on loan at 17 due to safeguarding, personally I think 19-20 is the right age for the youngsters to be loaned out, we had one or two in the u21s yesterday who need to go out.
Al Hamadi ?? on 20:55 - Aug 21 with 1591 viewsDr_Winston

Al Hamadi ?? on 20:43 - Aug 21 by Whiterockin

You will rarely find players going out on loan at 17 due to safeguarding, personally I think 19-20 is the right age for the youngsters to be loaned out, we had one or two in the u21s yesterday who need to go out.

19-20 is too old. By then they should be on the verge of playing for us. For example, Frank Lampard was 17 when he was on loan here.

It's like we're being overprotective parents. We need to send them out to sink or swim far earlier than we do. As it stands we're keeping them around well past the point where they should be first team regulars, for us or somewhere else.

It didn't used to be that way. In times gone by most youth products were released at 19/20 if they weren't going to cut the mustard. I remember the surprise when Martinez brought Chad Bond back to the squad stating that we released players too soon. Obviously that wasn't the case given his subsequent development. We seem to have done things the same way ever since.

I just think we need to be more Darwinian. Horrible maybe, but perhaps necessary.
[Post edited 21 Aug 21:00]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Al Hamadi ?? on 21:03 - Aug 21 with 1551 viewsvetchonian

what is incredible wd sre happy to shell out money to loan a youngster from a PL club yet ignore our academy players of similar ages.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Al Hamadi ?? on 21:04 - Aug 21 with 1547 viewsWhiterockin

Al Hamadi ?? on 20:55 - Aug 21 by Dr_Winston

19-20 is too old. By then they should be on the verge of playing for us. For example, Frank Lampard was 17 when he was on loan here.

It's like we're being overprotective parents. We need to send them out to sink or swim far earlier than we do. As it stands we're keeping them around well past the point where they should be first team regulars, for us or somewhere else.

It didn't used to be that way. In times gone by most youth products were released at 19/20 if they weren't going to cut the mustard. I remember the surprise when Martinez brought Chad Bond back to the squad stating that we released players too soon. Obviously that wasn't the case given his subsequent development. We seem to have done things the same way ever since.

I just think we need to be more Darwinian. Horrible maybe, but perhaps necessary.
[Post edited 21 Aug 21:00]

At 17-18 the majority are not physically developed enough to go out on loan, if they dropped down a league or two physically they would not be able to handle it. I would be interested to know Jasper's opinion on this.
Al Hamadi ?? on 21:10 - Aug 21 with 1502 viewsDr_Winston

Al Hamadi ?? on 21:03 - Aug 21 by vetchonian

what is incredible wd sre happy to shell out money to loan a youngster from a PL club yet ignore our academy players of similar ages.

I'm not really on board with the loan bashing. It can be an inexpensive way to bolster a squad, especially if you're concerned about long term expense, which we will be.

What I don't like is pointless borrowing. Like Sagoe last season.

Login to get fewer ads

Al Hamadi ?? on 21:11 - Aug 21 with 1492 viewshowenjack

George Best was 15 /16 when he left Belfast for Man Utd . He didn't do too badly did he?Yes he was homesick at first but stuck it out.
Al Hamadi ?? on 21:12 - Aug 21 with 1485 viewsDr_Winston

Al Hamadi ?? on 21:04 - Aug 21 by Whiterockin

At 17-18 the majority are not physically developed enough to go out on loan, if they dropped down a league or two physically they would not be able to handle it. I would be interested to know Jasper's opinion on this.

Physically a 17-18 year old male should be at least competitive. Mentally they may need a bit more seasoning, but then again, perhaps that's what needs to be tested.

Al Hamadi ?? on 21:13 - Aug 21 with 1481 viewsWhiterockin

Al Hamadi ?? on 21:11 - Aug 21 by howenjack

George Best was 15 /16 when he left Belfast for Man Utd . He didn't do too badly did he?Yes he was homesick at first but stuck it out.

You could leave school at 15 then, you can't now.
Al Hamadi ?? on 21:16 - Aug 21 with 1458 viewsWhiterockin

Al Hamadi ?? on 21:12 - Aug 21 by Dr_Winston

Physically a 17-18 year old male should be at least competitive. Mentally they may need a bit more seasoning, but then again, perhaps that's what needs to be tested.

I can remember Jasper telling me that physicality was holding back some of the youngsters breaking into the first team squad previously. I really respect his thoughts on our youngsters.
Al Hamadi ?? on 21:31 - Aug 21 with 1410 viewsDr_Winston

Al Hamadi ?? on 21:16 - Aug 21 by Whiterockin

I can remember Jasper telling me that physicality was holding back some of the youngsters breaking into the first team squad previously. I really respect his thoughts on our youngsters.

They're not going to become physically stronger by competing against those of the same age. I think we need to be pushing our youth products far harder and faster than we do now.

Al Hamadi ?? on 22:06 - Aug 21 with 1340 viewshowenjack

Al Hamadi ?? on 21:13 - Aug 21 by Whiterockin

You could leave school at 15 then, you can't now.

Eh bah gum Ah remember when tha could work down t'pit at 14 .
You teel yung uns tha now - n they b'aint belive ya
Al Hamadi ?? on 22:37 - Aug 21 with 1284 viewsReslovenSwan1

Al Hamadi ?? on 22:06 - Aug 21 by howenjack

Kelvin Ehibhatiomhan is a bit off a monster. A taller version of a young Bony. Sign him up.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Al Hamadi ?? on 22:52 - Aug 21 with 1253 viewshowenjack

Al Hamadi ?? on 22:37 - Aug 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Kelvin Ehibhatiomhan is a bit off a monster. A taller version of a young Bony. Sign him up.

And , just think we would make shedloads on the shirt printing too .
Al Hamadi ?? on 01:04 - Aug 22 with 1130 viewsRhonddaSwans

Al Hamadi ?? on 20:14 - Aug 21 by howenjack

I saw him on telly a couple of times last season and he looked quite impressive at times . Another guy who impressed me was the Reading striker who is mentioned in this article . saw him play v Birmingham and he scored a good goal and was a threat all game . Only 21 I think so will be a good acquisition for someone if he does go . He looks a natural goalscorer.

I watched afc Wimbledon in the cup last season and he was head and shoulders above the rest of the team there .
Letting him go was a mistake.

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

Al Hamadi ?? on 08:27 - Aug 22 with 938 viewsonehunglow

Al Hamadi ?? on 22:06 - Aug 21 by howenjack

Aye. I ll see thee

https://www.google.com/search?q=yorkshire+haka&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=
[Post edited 22 Aug 8:28]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Al Hamadi ?? on 09:29 - Aug 22 with 826 viewsAnotherJohn

As a slight digression, wonder what Jay Stansfield will do this season. Would a loan be a possibility? As he comes from the south-west our geography might suit him better than clubs north of Birmingham.
Al Hamadi ?? on 12:33 - Aug 22 with 611 viewshowenjack

Al Hamadi ?? on 08:27 - Aug 22 by onehunglow

Aye. I ll see thee

https://www.google.com/search?q=yorkshire+haka&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=
[Post edited 22 Aug 8:28]

Brilliant , not seen it before
Al Hamadi ?? on 12:41 - Aug 22 with 592 viewsjasper_T

The reason he didn't get near the bench for us is that he was injured for most of his only pro year, and then turned down a new deal to try his luck elsewhere. He was merely okay for us at u18s level, and had a purple patch in front of goal for about a month with the u21s, but nothing exceptional that suggested he should be in and around the first team at the time. Was still adjusting to the speed of play and struggled with the basics on the couple of occasions I saw him live. It took him two years of further development to excel in League Two and earn his big transfer. Jury still out on what his level actually is.

Josh Thomas was in a car accident shortly after first going on loan that cost him two years of development. Last season will have been disappointing for him, Port Vale manager wanted a different type of striker (worked out well for them lol) so he was on the fringes before another injury with Wales u21s.

The club does have issues giving our own players opportunities. Liam Smith has been too good for u21s for the best part of two years. But worth remembering that our best products were all 21/22 before getting breakthroughs here, and proved excellent value for it. We don't do many teenage sensations.
Al Hamadi ?? on 12:58 - Aug 22 with 540 viewsjasper_T

Al Hamadi ?? on 21:31 - Aug 21 by Dr_Winston

They're not going to become physically stronger by competing against those of the same age. I think we need to be pushing our youth products far harder and faster than we do now.

You can't flog it into them. The awful injury record in our academy suggests we're trying though. Kids develop at different rates, patience is the right idea when you're not able to spend fortunes attracting the early bloomers that every other club also wants.

Loans are difficult because the offers aren't often there. Connor Roberts got very lucky once, and then unlucky twice before the door finally opened for him here. It's good to see Cotterill and Congreve both starting games right away this season. Hopefully Lloyd's loan move isn't dead and he can go out soon as well.
Al Hamadi ?? on 13:04 - Aug 22 with 521 viewsWhiterockin

Al Hamadi ?? on 12:58 - Aug 22 by jasper_T

You can't flog it into them. The awful injury record in our academy suggests we're trying though. Kids develop at different rates, patience is the right idea when you're not able to spend fortunes attracting the early bloomers that every other club also wants.

Loans are difficult because the offers aren't often there. Connor Roberts got very lucky once, and then unlucky twice before the door finally opened for him here. It's good to see Cotterill and Congreve both starting games right away this season. Hopefully Lloyd's loan move isn't dead and he can go out soon as well.

This week's match was the first game back for Lloyd after his injury, I expect him to go out on loan when fully fit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024