Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The derby 11:21 - Aug 18 with 2753 viewsSullutaCreturned

To top off an awful day yesterday Cardiff picked up some injuries. It's possible that Ralls and Ramsey are out next Sunday and O'Dowda and Chambers were withdrawn as a precaution too. To round it off McGuiness was left out with rumours of him being sold.

Their keeper looks a bit dodgy as well.

Should we be confident or should we be nervous of a reaction to all of that on top of a 5-0 thrashing?
The derby on 11:30 - Aug 18 with 2709 viewsAguycalledJack

I hate and love the derby games in equal measure. The concensous among our group yesterday was that it was coming a bit early in the season for us. Cardiff will want to put on a performance after Saturday and we need to back up a good win with a another attacking positive performance. Swans to scrape it 5-0.
The derby on 11:31 - Aug 18 with 2713 viewsraynor94

According to reports they dominated the first half, until the error from the keeper, conceded 7 scored none, long may it continue.

But form goes out of the window in a derby

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The derby on 11:31 - Aug 18 with 2713 viewsGVJack

We should absolutely be confident. We're playing decent football, they're not. We're at home. We should have a relatively clean bill of health (with the exception of those who are still out long term) (hope Ronalds arm/hand/wrist is ok), they seem to be struggling.

I correctly predicted a 3-0 win yesterday, and I'm going for the same scoreline/results next week.

But anything can happen in a derby!
[Post edited 18 Aug 11:32]
The derby on 11:32 - Aug 18 with 2710 viewsbennytheblue

Worst keeper we’ve had in 20 years…Alnwick is much better so hope to god he plays. Also, Ralls being out is a blessing, same with Ramsey. You’ll still ship 3/4 passed us mind. I’m just glad I’m far away when it’s on….
The derby on 11:32 - Aug 18 with 2701 viewsDr_Winston

I've never seen Ralls have a good game in a Derby so if he is missing that's probably going to be a bit of a blow.

I think if we play to our potential we should win, but even though they've barely laid a glove on us for fifteen years now the potential is always there for the rodents to snatch something.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The derby on 12:42 - Aug 18 with 2541 viewsonehunglow

The derby on 11:31 - Aug 18 by GVJack

We should absolutely be confident. We're playing decent football, they're not. We're at home. We should have a relatively clean bill of health (with the exception of those who are still out long term) (hope Ronalds arm/hand/wrist is ok), they seem to be struggling.

I correctly predicted a 3-0 win yesterday, and I'm going for the same scoreline/results next week.

But anything can happen in a derby!
[Post edited 18 Aug 11:32]

If we avoid walking football we will be just fine .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The derby on 20:47 - Aug 18 with 2145 viewsBoundy

What ever we are are I hope its not complacent I cant believe they'll go into the game with the same mindset as previous games so I expect not an easy game , although If they try to play they're new "style" then the spaces will be there for us to exploit .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The derby on 00:50 - Aug 19 with 1886 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

If we are at our best and they are at their best we win comfortably. But this side over the last few years has been consistently inconsistent.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Login to get fewer ads

The derby on 01:59 - Aug 19 with 1868 viewsRobbie

Shirley this is the opportunity to silence CCFC for a while , they are rudderless .

Jason Mohammed reporting live in the goals going in against the Bluebirds in the 5 nil was an example of neutrality and seething underneath .
The derby on 09:10 - Aug 19 with 1659 viewspencoedjack

The derby on 00:50 - Aug 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

If we are at our best and they are at their best we win comfortably. But this side over the last few years has been consistently inconsistent.

In fairness not so much in Derby games.
The derby on 09:17 - Aug 19 with 1632 viewsonehunglow

The derby on 01:59 - Aug 19 by Robbie

Shirley this is the opportunity to silence CCFC for a while , they are rudderless .

Jason Mohammed reporting live in the goals going in against the Bluebirds in the 5 nil was an example of neutrality and seething underneath .

Forgotten about him

The derby on 09:46 - Aug 19 with 1516 viewsRichardO

The derby on 09:17 - Aug 19 by onehunglow

Forgotten about him

Presume we won't be hearing anything being reported by
BBC Wales after the game on Sunday.
The derby on 10:10 - Aug 19 with 1456 viewsBoundy

The derby on 09:46 - Aug 19 by RichardO

Presume we won't be hearing anything being reported by
BBC Wales after the game on Sunday.

As my old boss used to say if it isn't written down then it never happened .
[Post edited 19 Aug 10:11]

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The derby on 10:37 - Aug 19 with 1410 viewsjack247

This is the only game I have complete confidence we’ll win. We’re better than them and our players will want it more than them.

Apart from the away game last season, where they were bad but we were atrocious, the last few games have all been pretty similar.
The derby on 10:49 - Aug 19 with 1370 viewspencoedjack

The derby on 10:37 - Aug 19 by jack247

This is the only game I have complete confidence we’ll win. We’re better than them and our players will want it more than them.

Apart from the away game last season, where they were bad but we were atrocious, the last few games have all been pretty similar.

I wish I had your confidence.
The derby on 10:52 - Aug 19 with 1377 viewsvetchonian

The derby on 10:49 - Aug 19 by pencoedjack

lets hope the chef is on form

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The derby on 10:55 - Aug 19 with 1369 viewsjack247

The derby on 10:49 - Aug 19 by pencoedjack

I don’t most weeks. I know we’ll be up for this though and we’re better than them. I’ll be more pessimistic about West Brom
The derby on 11:00 - Aug 19 with 1332 viewsonehunglow

The derby on 10:55 - Aug 19 by jack247

I don’t most weeks. I know we’ll be up for this though and we’re better than them. I’ll be more pessimistic about West Brom

Play with the attitude we last showed and we will crush them
I'm looking forward to this as I'm not keen on them myself

The derby on 11:02 - Aug 19 with 1340 viewsunion_jack

Too much hubris on here. Feet on the ground guys, anything can happen and often does when you least expect it.

They are going to want to avoid 3 defeats in a row. They will fight I’ve no doubt.

I predict a draw and at the moment I’d take that.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The derby on 12:14 - Aug 19 with 1231 viewsjack247

The derby on 11:02 - Aug 19 by union_jack

Too much hubris on here. Feet on the ground guys, anything can happen and often does when you least expect it.

They are going to want to avoid 3 defeats in a row. They will fight I’ve no doubt.

I predict a draw and at the moment I’d take that.

Of course it can, but I’d honestly have more faith in us beating Leeds or Burnley than losing to Cardiff.

Really don’t think any of them will happen.
The derby on 12:26 - Aug 19 with 1201 viewsLandore_Jack

Cardiff City centre-back Mark McGuinness is set to join Championship rivals Luton Town in a deal which could eventually be worth £10m.

The Bluebirds have lined up Jesper Daland as a replacement, with the Norwegian defender set to join for about £3.5m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/ce3170vq34vo

#backtojack

The derby on 13:02 - Aug 19 with 1135 viewshowenjack

The derby on 10:55 - Aug 19 by jack247

was at the West Brom Leeds game . West Brom huffed and puffed so did Leeds . Piroe hardly got a touch .WestBrom are a workman like solid team . They don't have any stars . Fellows was probably their most dangerous player . They like to load the box at corners and use Darnell Furlong to hurl the ball in from throw ins. They have a lot of height Ajayi and Bartley
both + 6 -3 ins and a new left back who also is tall - well over 6 foot he looked a decent player but one who could be turned with pace. The through ball , down the middle over the top caused them some problems at times . They are very good at marking space Corberan has them so well drilled - Leeds failed to break them down becaus they played everything in front of them Slow passing will get no where against these , you will have to change from slow to quick and go for the return pass . One twos are the way to do it r attack the flanks.Swift in centre mid does a bit of orchestrating and will have to be watched , he switches the play and a lot of it goes through him. Up front they didn't look particularly threatening . Grant ran around a lot and has lost some weight since Cardiff . Diangana came on though and he looks a bit more threatening not at full fitness yet . Wallace also came on late - regaining fitness so they will probably start against us . They can be beaten we will have to be defensively disciplined especially set pieces -it's a big part of their game . Pace I think is their achilles heel the centre backs are good solid and pass well but look slow on the turn and hesitate at times . Bartley was rubbing his calf at the end after sprinting 35 yards to tackle Gnonto in full flight so he might have a problem in a fast tempo game. Their keeper looks big and solid but has weakness on crosses don't think he likes the contact.
The derby on 13:59 - Aug 19 with 1037 viewsonehunglow

The derby on 13:02 - Aug 19 by howenjack

was at the West Brom Leeds game . West Brom huffed and puffed so did Leeds . Piroe hardly got a touch .WestBrom are a workman like solid team . They don't have any stars . Fellows was probably their most dangerous player . They like to load the box at corners and use Darnell Furlong to hurl the ball in from throw ins. They have a lot of height Ajayi and Bartley
both + 6 -3 ins and a new left back who also is tall - well over 6 foot he looked a decent player but one who could be turned with pace. The through ball , down the middle over the top caused them some problems at times . They are very good at marking space Corberan has them so well drilled - Leeds failed to break them down becaus they played everything in front of them Slow passing will get no where against these , you will have to change from slow to quick and go for the return pass . One twos are the way to do it r attack the flanks.Swift in centre mid does a bit of orchestrating and will have to be watched , he switches the play and a lot of it goes through him. Up front they didn't look particularly threatening . Grant ran around a lot and has lost some weight since Cardiff . Diangana came on though and he looks a bit more threatening not at full fitness yet . Wallace also came on late - regaining fitness so they will probably start against us . They can be beaten we will have to be defensively disciplined especially set pieces -it's a big part of their game . Pace I think is their achilles heel the centre backs are good solid and pass well but look slow on the turn and hesitate at times . Bartley was rubbing his calf at the end after sprinting 35 yards to tackle Gnonto in full flight so he might have a problem in a fast tempo game. Their keeper looks big and solid but has weakness on crosses don't think he likes the contact.

Predictable
We know what to expect and should plan accordingly
They will be looking to bully us

The derby on 20:59 - Aug 19 with 702 viewsraynor94

The derby on 12:26 - Aug 19 by Landore_Jack

Cardiff City centre-back Mark McGuinness is set to join Championship rivals Luton Town in a deal which could eventually be worth £10m.

The Bluebirds have lined up Jesper Daland as a replacement, with the Norwegian defender set to join for about £3.5m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/ce3170vq34vo

Also signing a centre back from Man United, Will Fish on a permanent basis 21 years of age

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The derby on 23:06 - Aug 19 with 598 viewsRhonddaSwans

The derby on 13:02 - Aug 19 by howenjack

Have an up arrow and that was a quality report on them.

You need to start scouting bro

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024