Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Single file queing in pubs 12:28 - Aug 15 with 5532 viewswelwynranger

Seems to be becoming a trend.
Even outside the door in some cases.
What does everyone think about this?
Single file queing in pubs on 12:30 - Aug 15 with 4204 viewsozexile

Sacrilege
Single file queing in pubs on 12:33 - Aug 15 with 4155 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Haven't we had this issue discussed before?

I seem to remember waiting patiently behind Paddox, Dorse, BarryLoft, and Esox before adding my thoughts.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Single file queing in pubs on 12:43 - Aug 15 with 4072 viewskensalriser

Spackman's at the head of the queue.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Single file queing in pubs on 12:45 - Aug 15 with 4064 viewsdaveB

some people will like it others won't and on both sides of the argument people will get angry about the other is my take on it
Single file queing in pubs on 12:52 - Aug 15 with 4004 viewsBlackCrowe

I'm a firm believer that Covid, our government at the time and the spectrum of draconian (many non-sensical) rules has changed us public into a nation of conforming sheep....that can't make up our own minds anymore on how to behave, what's sensible precautions, we need to be told. Single file queue in pubs is another example.
We've had ridiculous main A roads in our area turned into 20mph zones. The amount of cars slavishly keeping to 20mph (and below), even when there's no speed camera or pedestrians or even much traffic is astonishing.

My doctor told me that flu jab take up is close to 80% for over 30s. Pre-covid under 20%.

Now when i was 30 or 40, getting the flu very occasionally was an unpleasant inconvenience but you got on with it if you could, avoiding elderly people etc.

Thames Water putting out adverts for saving water 'Every Drop Counts' (to obviously protect their profits) after the wettest winter, spring, early Summer i can remember and my wife berates me for watering the beds and neighbours are behaving similarly.

I go to Mediterranean countries, Spain, Italy, Greece etc...they still appear to lead the same long and carefree lives, relying on common sense rather than govt or social diktat.

I truly hope that one day future generations will look back at this covid and post-covid era socitey and shake their heads in disbelief.

Rant over.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Single file queing in pubs on 12:57 - Aug 15 with 3959 viewsstevec

Witnessed this happen for the first time in the Broadcaster after the game on Saturday.

I think it’s used by bar staff who fancy an easy session behind the bar as quite a few people turned on their heels and those who did stay made sure it was only for one drink and the place virtually evacuated by 4pm.
Single file queing in pubs on 13:00 - Aug 15 with 3946 viewslondonscottish

I experienced this in Starbucks yesterday. There are always 2 queues. A woman arrived in front on me and couldn't decide whether to stand in the empty one or stand behind two blokes in the other one. She dedided to ignore the empty queue and stand behind the tw blokes.

I thought was daft and politely asked if she'd like to go to the head of the empty one queue and she emphatically said "no".

So I went and stood there. Just as the server for my queue waved me forward, she'd got to the head of the other queue but decided to angrily barge in front of me instead. What a numpty.

It beats me sometimes how mankind actually managed to evolve in the first place.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Single file queing in pubs on 13:00 - Aug 15 with 3939 viewsstevec

Single file queing in pubs on 12:52 - Aug 15 by BlackCrowe

I'm a firm believer that Covid, our government at the time and the spectrum of draconian (many non-sensical) rules has changed us public into a nation of conforming sheep....that can't make up our own minds anymore on how to behave, what's sensible precautions, we need to be told. Single file queue in pubs is another example.
We've had ridiculous main A roads in our area turned into 20mph zones. The amount of cars slavishly keeping to 20mph (and below), even when there's no speed camera or pedestrians or even much traffic is astonishing.

My doctor told me that flu jab take up is close to 80% for over 30s. Pre-covid under 20%.

Now when i was 30 or 40, getting the flu very occasionally was an unpleasant inconvenience but you got on with it if you could, avoiding elderly people etc.

Thames Water putting out adverts for saving water 'Every Drop Counts' (to obviously protect their profits) after the wettest winter, spring, early Summer i can remember and my wife berates me for watering the beds and neighbours are behaving similarly.

I go to Mediterranean countries, Spain, Italy, Greece etc...they still appear to lead the same long and carefree lives, relying on common sense rather than govt or social diktat.

I truly hope that one day future generations will look back at this covid and post-covid era socitey and shake their heads in disbelief.

Rant over.

You’re absolutely spot on.

As you say, go to anywhere in the Med and none of this nonsense goes on.

Something very strange is happening in the UK.
Login to get fewer ads

Single file queing in pubs on 13:25 - Aug 15 with 3830 viewsJuzzie

Single file queing in pubs on 13:00 - Aug 15 by stevec

60's bikers;

today;

I blame it on the advent of skinny-jeans for men, seems to be cutting off the testosterone supply.
I get fashion is fashion is fashion but male skinny jeans?.... fk right off.
Single file queing in pubs on 13:42 - Aug 15 with 3738 viewsMrSheen

Rant over.

Every train journey into Waterloo now features a broadcast warning that they will seek the highest punishment for anyone who abuses a member of staff…and it’s always at Vauxhall. I’m not in favour of abusing staff by any means, but I don’t appreciate being needlessly threatened with prosecution every single time I get on a train.
Single file queing in pubs on 14:14 - Aug 15 with 3584 views222gers

Rant over.

I wish some people were more compliant, like the half-wits with their adapted exhausts and retarded ignition timing to make as much noise as possible. I live on a 20mph street with no cameras and people scream down here at about 60.
Back to the subject in hand, I've only ever seen it in Spoons.
Single file queing in pubs on 15:05 - Aug 15 with 3447 viewskensalriser

Rant over.

What a load of soppy old bollocks.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Single file queing in pubs on 17:06 - Aug 15 with 3173 viewsSpongeParr

Single file queing in pubs on 15:05 - Aug 15 by kensalriser

What a load of soppy old bollocks.

I think I am swaying towards the queing is better. Always annoying when some div get served before you despite only just turning up. Awkwardly trying to get the barmans attention so that you are next.

At least in a queue you know where you are at and it goes pretty quickly. At the end of the day, you are queueing either way.

You (sort of) queue at QPR for a beer. Not much difference, is there.
Single file queing in pubs on 17:48 - Aug 15 with 3045 viewsqpr_1968

Rant over.

well getting back to queuing up in pubs, i find that seems to only apply when the bar is seriously under staffed.
bringing out food, making coffee, taking food orders, cocktails, and then actually serving you your well earned pint.....and that is when one or two are serving.....plus other jobs.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Single file queing in pubs on 18:20 - Aug 15 with 2945 viewsBoston

Single file queing in pubs on 13:00 - Aug 15 by stevec

A country known for its eccentrics, its ingenious thinking, its penchant for fair play and common sense, has been institutionalized..

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Single file queing in pubs on 20:24 - Aug 15 with 2714 viewsBlackCrowe

Single file queing in pubs on 17:06 - Aug 15 by SpongeParr

I think I am swaying towards the queing is better. Always annoying when some div get served before you despite only just turning up. Awkwardly trying to get the barmans attention so that you are next.

At least in a queue you know where you are at and it goes pretty quickly. At the end of the day, you are queueing either way.

You (sort of) queue at QPR for a beer. Not much difference, is there.

I prefer the heaving free for all at proper pubs lime the C&S, where we all look after each other respectfully...'you were first mate, on you go". It's the one's on their phones etc that get frogleaped. It's worked well enough for two or three hundred years.

Single file queing in pubs on 20:44 - Aug 15 with 2642 views222gers

Single file queing in pubs on 20:24 - Aug 15 by BlackCrowe

I prefer the heaving free for all at proper pubs lime the C&S, where we all look after each other respectfully...'you were first mate, on you go". It's the one's on their phones etc that get frogleaped. It's worked well enough for two or three hundred years.

A lot longer than 2 to 300 years back mate !
There's a pub I used to go to in Suffolk that didn't have a ladies toilet until about 1983.
Single file queing in pubs on 20:52 - Aug 15 with 2616 viewsBlackCrowe

god, i'm an old fogey.

Single file queing in pubs on 21:00 - Aug 15 with 2596 viewsbaz_qpr

I work in events, the psychology of queueing is mental. A queue of 5 or 6 people needing to print a ticket and everyone joins that queue even if they have their ticket and will stay in it unless told firmly to go straight through.

If we run what is known as a McDonald's queuing system 5 or 6 straight lines of rope and post, I guarentee you that people will queue in positions 1, 2 and 5 and 6 even if 3 and 4 are completely empty sometimes these queues would be 10 deep with the middle empty.

If you put people in a single straight queue everyone is angry, put them in exactly the same queue but zig zag with rope and post over a greater floor difference because it is moving people are generally happy
Single file queing in pubs on 21:19 - Aug 15 with 2542 viewsBlackCrowe

I'll carry on. MacDonalds is perfect example...on the rare occasions i go, everyone fiddling around with those ridiculous (not fast food) tap machines to order. I walk up to the usually queueless counter and order off a person on the till and get my food quicker. It's nuts.

Single file queing in pubs on 21:31 - Aug 15 with 2490 viewscolinallcars

Single file queing in pubs on 20:44 - Aug 15 by 222gers

A lot longer than 2 to 300 years back mate !
There's a pub I used to go to in Suffolk that didn't have a ladies toilet until about 1983.

I was on holiday in Suffolk and Prince Charles visited the White Hart in Blythburgh. There were pics in the local press of him smiling and pulling up a pint of Adnam's bitter.
When he left the publican bowed, wrung his hands obsequiously and said “thank you for doin' me the honour of visitin' my 'umble pub sire”
Sire!!! I thought I'd woken up in 1659.
Single file queing in pubs on 21:39 - Aug 15 with 2454 viewslondonscottish

Single file queing in pubs on 21:00 - Aug 15 by baz_qpr

I work in events, the psychology of queueing is mental. A queue of 5 or 6 people needing to print a ticket and everyone joins that queue even if they have their ticket and will stay in it unless told firmly to go straight through.

If we run what is known as a McDonald's queuing system 5 or 6 straight lines of rope and post, I guarentee you that people will queue in positions 1, 2 and 5 and 6 even if 3 and 4 are completely empty sometimes these queues would be 10 deep with the middle empty.

If you put people in a single straight queue everyone is angry, put them in exactly the same queue but zig zag with rope and post over a greater floor difference because it is moving people are generally happy

Yeah this is the bizarre behaviour I saw from that woman in front of me at Starbucks.

She was clearly conflicted between standing in the empty queue (where I guess she thought she might ignored or something) and the other one where the other people were DEFINITELY going to get served. She was swithering between the two options when I walked up and suggested she might commit to one or the other. She went to the the queue where people were "definitely" going to get served.

Until I joined the empty queue and she got pissed off.

Not the sharpest tool in the box.....

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Single file queing in pubs on 23:14 - Aug 15 with 2289 viewsdaveB

On Holiday in Spain recently it was single file queues and all worked fine, always found the fight to get a pint when it's a free for all a bit of a nightmare, used to spend most of a night out queuing at the bar. The joy in some pubs now of just ordering on an app and not having to bother with any sort of queue is wonderful
Single file queing in pubs on 23:26 - Aug 15 with 2272 viewscolinallcars

Single file queing in pubs on 23:14 - Aug 15 by daveB

On Holiday in Spain recently it was single file queues and all worked fine, always found the fight to get a pint when it's a free for all a bit of a nightmare, used to spend most of a night out queuing at the bar. The joy in some pubs now of just ordering on an app and not having to bother with any sort of queue is wonderful

I kind of got used to ordering via an app but missed the surly, curmudgeonly landlord saying “if yuh don't like it, there's plenty of other pubs”
Single file queing in pubs on 23:47 - Aug 15 with 2233 viewsCateLeBonR

Single file queing in pubs on 23:14 - Aug 15 by daveB

Neither using an app or going to the bar is a perfect solution. I personally prefer going to the bar as there is often more choice.

Single file queue's in a pub on the other hand are a nonsense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024