Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week 09:00 - Jul 30 with 2283 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/62692/

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 09:34 - Jul 30 with 2193 viewsChesham_Saint

I like the sound of this, but how many would that be we’ve had from Celtic in the past few years - 5 or 6? All of whom (to varying degrees) were a success I think.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 10:01 - Jul 30 with 2124 viewsButty101

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 09:34 - Jul 30 by Chesham_Saint

I like the sound of this, but how many would that be we’ve had from Celtic in the past few years - 5 or 6? All of whom (to varying degrees) were a success I think.

Getting Ben Brereton Diaz looks a good signing. Ive no idea O'Riley is any good - but get a decent keeper in and we may have a chance of staying up.
We need to as ever ship out a load of crap!

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 19:24 - Jul 30 with 1734 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Nick,

Have you ever thought of spending a bit of money, and going on an English writing course? You seem to really struggle with basic grammar and structure in most of your News items.

If you haven’t got the time or money to spend on a course; How about getting someone else to read your items before you post them. I’m sure everyone would appreciate the effort.

The example below is typical. “is as the season looms is that ideally….. you would land your key targets”

How about trying to use less commas, less use of the word 'is' and using ‘you’ a bit less, and maybe trying to break up your paragraphs a bit more by using more full stops.

I’m sure people on this board could chip in and help ‘you’.

“The problem is as the season looms is that ideally in a transfer window you would land your key targets first and then build round them, but the reality is that you often cannot do that as your key targets are in demand and as in the case of Matt O'Riley, their current clubs want to hang on and spark a bidding war”.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 19:44 - Jul 30 with 1715 viewsPatfromPoole

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 19:24 - Jul 30 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Nick,

Have you ever thought of spending a bit of money, and going on an English writing course? You seem to really struggle with basic grammar and structure in most of your News items.

If you haven’t got the time or money to spend on a course; How about getting someone else to read your items before you post them. I’m sure everyone would appreciate the effort.

The example below is typical. “is as the season looms is that ideally….. you would land your key targets”

How about trying to use less commas, less use of the word 'is' and using ‘you’ a bit less, and maybe trying to break up your paragraphs a bit more by using more full stops.

“The problem is as the season looms is that ideally in a transfer window you would land your key targets first and then build round them, but the reality is that you often cannot do that as your key targets are in demand and as in the case of Matt O'Riley, their current clubs want to hang on and spark a bidding war”.

I can only presume Nick is trying to provide content in a grammatical style which the average Pompey fan would be able to embrace.

Does that make sense to 'you'?

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 21:41 - Jul 30 with 1548 viewsRon11

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 19:24 - Jul 30 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Nick,

Why are you using a word starting with a capital letter after a semicolon?
It's not a new sentence unless preceded by a full stop.
Fu ck off and learn some grammar yourself before coming on here trying and failing to be smart.
Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 10:02 - Jul 31 with 1402 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 19:44 - Jul 30 by PatfromPoole

I can only presume Nick is trying to provide content in a grammatical style which the average Pompey fan would be able to embrace.

Does that make sense to 'you'?

'You' do realise that Portsmouth has had more genuises than your town don't you?

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 10:05 - Jul 31 with 1397 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 21:41 - Jul 30 by Ron11

Why are you using a word starting with a capital letter after a semicolon?
It's not a new sentence unless preceded by a full stop.
Fu ck off and learn some grammar yourself before coming on here trying and failing to be smart.

If you are going to use swear words, you need to join them up.

Not very smart TBH.

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 10:06 - Jul 31 with 1404 viewsPatfromPoole

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 10:02 - Jul 31 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

'You' do realise that Portsmouth has had more genuises than your town don't you?

Oh dear.

Spelling mistakes 🙄

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 10:16 - Jul 31 with 1384 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 10:06 - Jul 31 by PatfromPoole

Oh dear.

Spelling mistakes 🙄

You is emphasized for effect.

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 10:18 - Jul 31 with 1370 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 10:06 - Jul 31 by PatfromPoole

Oh dear.

Spelling mistakes 🙄

You need a full stop after 'mistakes'.

Oh dear.

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 10:43 - Jul 31 with 1349 viewsPatfromPoole

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 10:16 - Jul 31 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

You is emphasized for effect.

I was referring to “genuises”.

Emphasised for effect, obviously.

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 14:40 - Jul 31 with 1239 viewsSaintNick

Nick,

This is a football fan site, not a news media outlet, I write it as I feel it, if a full stop isn't in the right place or i miss out a semi colon, I don't really care.

I am surprised that you of all people will be bothered about whether this site is grammatically correct as you support a club that prides itself on being earthy and about the working class fan, as your self proclaimed leader John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood often tells anyone who will listen in the media that Pompey is a Geezers club and if people can't put up with swearing etc then they shouldn't be going.

From my perspective i'm too old in the tooth for English lessons now, this site has been going for 24 years in August and the fanzine since April 1988, it is what it is.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 14:49 - Jul 31 with 1231 viewssaint22

On Ramsdale I hope!!
Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 14:55 - Jul 31 with 1221 viewsBazza

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 14:40 - Jul 31 by SaintNick

This is a football fan site, not a news media outlet, I write it as I feel it, if a full stop isn't in the right place or i miss out a semi colon, I don't really care.

I am surprised that you of all people will be bothered about whether this site is grammatically correct as you support a club that prides itself on being earthy and about the working class fan, as your self proclaimed leader John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood often tells anyone who will listen in the media that Pompey is a Geezers club and if people can't put up with swearing etc then they shouldn't be going.

From my perspective i'm too old in the tooth for English lessons now, this site has been going for 24 years in August and the fanzine since April 1988, it is what it is.

Well said. Your comments on numerous topics are appreciated.
Just ignore the patronising comments from the pompey wind-up tosser.
Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 16:40 - Jul 31 with 1145 viewsHorndeansaint

Nick,

Try learning the difference between less and fewer then come back when teacher has marked your work.
Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 18:03 - Jul 31 with 1080 viewssledger

I am going to make a suggestion that any posts by our skate friend are totally ignored as if they dont exist.
Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 18:30 - Jul 31 with 1028 viewsLondonSaint76

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 14:55 - Jul 31 by Bazza

Well said. Your comments on numerous topics are appreciated.
Just ignore the patronising comments from the pompey wind-up tosser.

The easiest way to ignore this pr1ck is to simply tap or click on the red [ignore user] ‘X’ in the bottom right hand corner of any drivel it posts. Doing this means that all posts from the user in question disappear, consigned to the UI sewers forever. Cleans up the various threads nicely as I never have to read any more of the diatribe the pr1ck spouts 😷
[Post edited 31 Jul 18:32]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 19:52 - Jul 31 with 886 viewsRon11

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 10:43 - Jul 31 by PatfromPoole

I was referring to “genuises”.

Emphasised for effect, obviously.

'Emphasised' spelt correctly as in the British version, not the skate American version.
Please note I did not use a capital letter for 'skate' as it's obviously not worthy or important enough.
Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 07:20 - Aug 1 with 646 viewsJellybaby

Southampton Ready To Break Transfer Record In Next Week on 14:40 - Jul 31 by SaintNick

Sorry Nick, it's "long" in the tooth.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024