Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The BBC 15:03 - Aug 25 with 5479 viewsjohnlangy

Many people are very critical of the BBC. Bearing that in mind what are your thoughts on Talk TV ?
The BBC on 21:05 - Sep 4 with 585 viewstrampie

The BBC on 20:51 - Sep 4 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It’s difficult to judge the bbc as a whole entity because it’s so vast and churns out so much content. But it is undoubtedly true that the overwhelming majority of “stars” who ultimately are the faces of the Beeb are of a significantly left persuasion.

Also just a five minute cursory glance at any comedy/panel show commissioned by the beeb in the last ten years will see you plummet into a hideous echo chamber where a veritable smorgasbord of left wing comedians heartily slap each other on the backs and guffaw manically as they make yet another joke about brexit or Donald trumps hair.

Comedy
Have a look at their political editors/journalists, Andrew Neil chairman of the Federation of Conservative Students, Nick Robinson Chairman of the National Young Conservatives, Allegra Stratton Downing Street Press Secretary to Boris Johnson and Director of Strategic Communications to Rishi Sunak.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The BBC on 21:11 - Sep 4 with 575 viewsGwyn737

The BBC on 20:51 - Sep 4 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It’s difficult to judge the bbc as a whole entity because it’s so vast and churns out so much content. But it is undoubtedly true that the overwhelming majority of “stars” who ultimately are the faces of the Beeb are of a significantly left persuasion.

Also just a five minute cursory glance at any comedy/panel show commissioned by the beeb in the last ten years will see you plummet into a hideous echo chamber where a veritable smorgasbord of left wing comedians heartily slap each other on the backs and guffaw manically as they make yet another joke about brexit or Donald trumps hair.

There’s definitely truth in that but I don’t necessarily think it’s down exclusively to bias.

We’ve has 13 years of Tory rule so satire is always going to be pointing towards them. Also British comedy tends to punch up in general which I’d say is more of a leftie thing.

Also I’m not sure there’s a lot of call for right wing comics. What material would they do?
The BBC on 21:16 - Sep 4 with 562 viewstrampie

The Beeb giving what amounts to twice as much cover to the Conservatives compared to Labour is a disgrace, the actual detail was when the Conservatives were in Government they got 4 times the amount of coverage than the Labour party in opposition but when Labour was in power Labour only got twice as much coverage than the Conservative opposition, anybody would think that the Beeb want the Conservatives in Government.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The BBC on 21:28 - Sep 4 with 546 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The BBC on 21:05 - Sep 4 by trampie

Comedy
Have a look at their political editors/journalists, Andrew Neil chairman of the Federation of Conservative Students, Nick Robinson Chairman of the National Young Conservatives, Allegra Stratton Downing Street Press Secretary to Boris Johnson and Director of Strategic Communications to Rishi Sunak.

For balance you also have red Andy Marr, Huw the helmet gazer Edwards and the seemingly perpetual presence of Owen Jones and Ash Sarkar.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The BBC on 21:33 - Sep 4 with 529 viewstrampie

The BBC on 21:28 - Sep 4 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

For balance you also have red Andy Marr, Huw the helmet gazer Edwards and the seemingly perpetual presence of Owen Jones and Ash Sarkar.

That is hardly balance to what I've given you.

The BBC on 21:47 - Sep 4 with 521 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The BBC on 21:33 - Sep 4 by trampie

That is hardly balance to what I've given you.

True you gave three names I gave four. That’s not balanced although Andrew Neil’s massive arse will probably make up for it.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The BBC on 22:01 - Sep 4 with 503 viewstrampie

The BBC on 21:47 - Sep 4 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

True you gave three names I gave four. That’s not balanced although Andrew Neil’s massive arse will probably make up for it.

David Dimbleby, Isabel Oakeshott, Janan Ganesh and Helen Lewis., the guy that was incharge of all live political broadcasts for nearly a decade Robbie Gibb became Theresa May's director of communications.

The bottom line is the Beeb are right wing biased per the experts that were commissioned to look at them, no if's no buts, no excuses.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2023 22:02]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024