Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Coronation 17:42 - Apr 30 with 11080 viewsjohnlangy

“I swear that I will pay true allegiance to your majesty, and to your heirs and successors according to law. So help me God.”

Seriously. When I heard that The Archbishop of Canterbury was going to 'invite' the whole Nation to swear this oath, at the same time I presume, I couldn't believe it. Are they hoping that we'll all stand in front of our TV's and swear with hand on heart, maybe bowing our heads, perhaps wearing a hat specifically so we can doff it at the same time ?

It would be like being one of 65 million extras on a Blackadder special. It really is that ridiculous.
The Coronation on 13:59 - May 6 with 1603 viewsFireboy2

The Coronation on 13:52 - May 6 by builthjack

I have been on a chainsaw all morning, haven't had to watch that comedy.

Is that why you haven't answered my text 🤨
The Coronation on 14:34 - May 6 with 1535 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Coronation on 13:52 - May 6 by builthjack

I have been on a chainsaw all morning, haven't had to watch that comedy.

Good to see Drakeford in Westminster Abbey. He could at least have got a new suit that fitted.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Coronation on 14:54 - May 6 with 1512 viewsWhiterockin

The Coronation on 14:34 - May 6 by felixstowe_jack

Good to see Drakeford in Westminster Abbey. He could at least have got a new suit that fitted.

We do things differently in Wales
The Coronation on 14:55 - May 6 with 1495 viewsonehunglow

The Coronation on 11:08 - May 6 by majorraglan

I’m not a lover of Sinn Fein - far from it, but I think this is a positive development. Northern Ireland has been in a dark place for a long time and there’s still a long way to go, but the place has to move forward if the people are to enjoy prosperity and peace.
The DUP have been appallingly bad over the last few years, the Conservatives (in particular Boris) has used and abused them and the DUP swallowed it all hook line and sinker.

Seen Fein will always want what will not come,ieNothern Ireland swallowed up by ROI.
They will always hate,mistrust,disbelieve us British.
This is basic stuff

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Coronation on 16:31 - May 6 with 1438 viewsBryanSwan

The Coronation on 13:10 - May 6 by Whiterockin

Amazes me that people slag off the royal family but support politicians.

At least it is our own fault for employing the one set of scroungers.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The Coronation on 19:49 - May 6 with 1361 viewsSullutaCreturned

The Coronation on 13:10 - May 6 by Whiterockin

Amazes me that people slag off the royal family but support politicians.

Name them!!

As far as it goes, I liked and respected his mother but not him nor Camilla. I would have been happier with Wills and Kate taking over but t's nothing really personal, I just don't believe in Monarchy, as a concept it is corrupt and outdated.

At least we vote in whichever bunch of robbing, cheating, self serving chunts are in government. When did we ever vote for Royalty?

How much money did this pomp and ceremony cost us when we are in a cost of living crisis? We haven't got the numbers in our armed forces (see the link) to make a differnce anymore yet we have thousands to parade through London for the King.

https://news.sky.com/story/us-general-warns-british-army-no-longer-top-level-fig
The Coronation on 21:15 - May 6 with 1320 viewsBoundy

The Coronation on 19:49 - May 6 by SullutaCreturned

Name them!!

As far as it goes, I liked and respected his mother but not him nor Camilla. I would have been happier with Wills and Kate taking over but t's nothing really personal, I just don't believe in Monarchy, as a concept it is corrupt and outdated.

At least we vote in whichever bunch of robbing, cheating, self serving chunts are in government. When did we ever vote for Royalty?

How much money did this pomp and ceremony cost us when we are in a cost of living crisis? We haven't got the numbers in our armed forces (see the link) to make a differnce anymore yet we have thousands to parade through London for the King.

https://news.sky.com/story/us-general-warns-british-army-no-longer-top-level-fig

I can say from experience that the British has been in decline since the 70's and before that since the end of the second world war but we're now at its lowest level for 300 years ,with all political parties guilty of cost cutting . We;re getting to the point that we could be in a position of not being able to defend ourselves .Watching the parade ,a lot of the troops would have been reservists drafted in to support .The state of the world at the moment and we're as always lagging behind when it comes to our defence budget

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Coronation on 07:48 - May 7 with 1238 viewsonehunglow

Yesterday we saw a massive public operation at considerable expense whilst many are really struggling.
I read much about austerity. Clearly it doesn’t apply to our Monarchy and never will.
We have people ,war veterans for example,sleeping in the streets living out of garbage bins and paying doctors and nurses more was a bit contentious .
The NHS seems screwed yet this won’t affect Charles 111 and turning up to open a new cancer wing with Cammy smiling benignly in tow won’t wash with many,like me.

We see his grotesque sibling swanning around in his K night of the Garter uniform ,smug and self satisfied ,when he should reallY be worrying about a court appearance courtesy of a pretty evil now deceased paedophile . All forgotten then . Well,not really.

And we are proud,proud for the world to watch us. This.

Modernising monarchy is the single most trite inappropriate phrase I have read as modernising would see us end. 1000 yr old ceremony. Most in The front rows yesterday would be disentitled .

We are happy to pay 100m per annum for this when the Spanish monarchy costs 7m .

And to cap it all, Ant and Dec in attendance ,two essentially working class Geordies to represent “ us” although I doubt either of them would go anywhere near Byker unless they had camera with them
[Post edited 7 May 2023 7:52]

Login to get fewer ads

The Coronation on 10:29 - May 7 with 1189 viewsSgorioFruit

The Coronation on 07:48 - May 7 by onehunglow

Yesterday we saw a massive public operation at considerable expense whilst many are really struggling.
I read much about austerity. Clearly it doesn’t apply to our Monarchy and never will.
We have people ,war veterans for example,sleeping in the streets living out of garbage bins and paying doctors and nurses more was a bit contentious .
The NHS seems screwed yet this won’t affect Charles 111 and turning up to open a new cancer wing with Cammy smiling benignly in tow won’t wash with many,like me.

We see his grotesque sibling swanning around in his K night of the Garter uniform ,smug and self satisfied ,when he should reallY be worrying about a court appearance courtesy of a pretty evil now deceased paedophile . All forgotten then . Well,not really.

And we are proud,proud for the world to watch us. This.

Modernising monarchy is the single most trite inappropriate phrase I have read as modernising would see us end. 1000 yr old ceremony. Most in The front rows yesterday would be disentitled .

We are happy to pay 100m per annum for this when the Spanish monarchy costs 7m .

And to cap it all, Ant and Dec in attendance ,two essentially working class Geordies to represent “ us” although I doubt either of them would go anywhere near Byker unless they had camera with them
[Post edited 7 May 2023 7:52]

annibyniaeth... is it starting to sink in yet?

the only way out of this silly stupid oppression is annibyniaeth

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Coronation on 10:48 - May 7 with 1179 viewsTogg

The Coronation on 10:29 - May 7 by SgorioFruit

Don't give a hoot about the Royals but I was working in Llechryd Cardigan Friday and there was loads of Union Jack bunting and flags. Most people in Wales wish to part of the Union. There is very little appetite for independence.
The Coronation on 12:39 - May 7 with 1146 viewsonehunglow

Well no.
Wales has the highest percentage of the Uk of populace supporting the Monarchy and the Union.
What has to sink in is the fact that to most welsh people indie activists are bitter,insular ,deluded folk.
Swansea,my home town utterly disinterested in it .
Always was,always will. It’s because the Jacks are pragmatic and realistic.

The Coronation on 13:16 - May 7 with 1127 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Oppression?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The Coronation on 13:17 - May 7 with 1125 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The Coronation on 12:39 - May 7 by onehunglow

Well no.
Wales has the highest percentage of the Uk of populace supporting the Monarchy and the Union.
What has to sink in is the fact that to most welsh people indie activists are bitter,insular ,deluded folk.

Indie folk are nearly always strange looking individuals, very peculiar people.

The Coronation on 13:32 - May 7 with 1122 viewsSullutaCreturned

Oppression, come on man surely you can see how silly and stupid it is to call the Union that?

Most Welsh people want to be in the Union, more Welsh voters take art in General elections than in Senedd elections. The Senedd has never had even a 50% turnout but the last GE was nearly 67%.

There is so much hyperbole here.
The Coronation on 13:48 - May 7 with 1107 viewsBryanSwan

The Coronation on 12:39 - May 7 by onehunglow

Well no.

As someone who does not support the monarchy and is favourable toward independence I am more than happy for people to have opposing views. Ones which i do not deride them for having.

I would suggest if you have different opinions witholding the insults and the same to many others on here. Shouting insults around from whatever side will never change anyones mind on any matter.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The Coronation on 13:49 - May 7 with 1105 viewsonehunglow

The Coronation on 13:32 - May 7 by SullutaCreturned

Oppression, come on man surely you can see how silly and stupid it is to call the Union that?

Most Welsh people want to be in the Union, more Welsh voters take art in General elections than in Senedd elections. The Senedd has never had even a 50% turnout but the last GE was nearly 67%.

There is so much hyperbole here.

Do people on here actually understand what it means

The Coronation on 14:05 - May 7 with 1095 viewsTogg

The Coronation on 13:17 - May 7 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Indie folk are nearly always strange looking individuals, very peculiar people.

Mmmmmmmmm!!!
The Coronation on 14:23 - May 7 with 1067 viewsFireboy2

The Coronation on 13:59 - May 6 by Fireboy2

Is that why you haven't answered my text 🤨

Why has FJ down arrowed this simple post 🤔

Does he still think I am a bigot?
The Coronation on 21:48 - May 7 with 1021 viewsbritferry

Ah good, some racism live on ITV:

Adjoa Andoh called the Buckingham Palace balcony 'terribly white' on Coronation Day

Can you imagine if somebody had called the Gospel choir 'terribly black'

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

The Coronation on 22:00 - May 7 with 1011 viewsbritferry

I wonder who sponsored Penny?

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

The Coronation on 22:04 - May 7 with 1008 viewsbuilthjack

The Coronation on 21:48 - May 7 by britferry

Ah good, some racism live on ITV:

Adjoa Andoh called the Buckingham Palace balcony 'terribly white' on Coronation Day

Can you imagine if somebody had called the Gospel choir 'terribly black'

Crazy.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Coronation on 22:43 - May 7 with 986 viewsKilkennyjack

The Coronation on 10:48 - May 7 by Togg

Don't give a hoot about the Royals but I was working in Llechryd Cardigan Friday and there was loads of Union Jack bunting and flags. Most people in Wales wish to part of the Union. There is very little appetite for independence.

Apart from the 1 in 3 who favour indy.

Its more than that in the younger age groups.

Independence means out of the uk but the Royals could stay like Canada and Oz.
The SNP favour keeping the Royals.

Indy will make Cymru a prosperous small European democracy.
Nothing to fear.

Drakers has said the UK can survive only if modernised.
Be interesting to see how PM Starmer delivers that modernisation.

Beware of the Risen People

The Coronation on 01:03 - May 8 with 964 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Coronation on 22:43 - May 7 by Kilkennyjack

Apart from the 1 in 3 who favour indy.

Its more than that in the younger age groups.

Independence means out of the uk but the Royals could stay like Canada and Oz.
The SNP favour keeping the Royals.

Indy will make Cymru a prosperous small European democracy.
Nothing to fear.

Drakers has said the UK can survive only if modernised.
Be interesting to see how PM Starmer delivers that modernisation.

1 in 3 , deary me, sad !!!
The Coronation on 07:01 - May 8 with 946 viewsKilkennyjack

The Coronation on 01:03 - May 8 by Treforys_Jack

1 in 3 , deary me, sad !!!

Always best to check with your mates, rather than accept the professional polling people. Nobody ever said.

Enjoy …. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

I did like your deary me line though, well played.

Beware of the Risen People

The Coronation on 09:14 - May 8 with 912 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The Coronation on 22:04 - May 7 by builthjack

Crazy.

The shocking thing about these comments is that the broadcaster never ever calls people out for it. There were others in that studio just sitting there like nodding dogs.

Surely there must be somebody there in that building with the intelligence and backbone to point out the hypocrisy in their activism.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024