Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mike Tyson at 56 11:27 - Apr 23 with 2015 viewsmax936

Awesome is movement and punching speed is incredible.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mike Tyson at 56 on 11:45 - Apr 23 with 1985 viewsDr_Winston

He's especially scary if you're a teenage beauty queen.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mike Tyson at 56 on 12:10 - Apr 23 with 1970 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Mike Tyson at 56 on 11:45 - Apr 23 by Dr_Winston

Or an ear.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Mike Tyson at 56 on 12:21 - Apr 23 with 1966 viewsmax936

Mike Tyson at 56 on 11:45 - Apr 23 by Dr_Winston

He's got a chequered past, but that's got nothing to do with this thread.

Mike Tyson at 56 on 12:32 - Apr 23 with 1953 viewsDr_Winston

Mike Tyson at 56 on 12:21 - Apr 23 by max936

He's got a chequered past, but that's got nothing to do with this thread.

Stealing car stereos or a bit of shoplifting at a kid gives you a "chequered past" Raping a young woman goes a bit beyond that wouldn't you say?

I wonder how many of the middle aged men who still worship this psycho would feel the same way if it was their own daughter he abused.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mike Tyson at 56 on 13:32 - Apr 23 with 1931 viewsmax936

Mike Tyson at 56 on 12:32 - Apr 23 by Dr_Winston

Stealing car stereos or a bit of shoplifting at a kid gives you a "chequered past" Raping a young woman goes a bit beyond that wouldn't you say?

I wonder how many of the middle aged men who still worship this psycho would feel the same way if it was their own daughter he abused.

What he's done is inhuman I agree, I've have condoned his past have I?
I've just posted a video of him.

I'm not middle aged and I've never worshipped him one iota, far from it, dear god.

Mike Tyson at 56 on 13:39 - Apr 23 with 1929 viewsmax936

Mike Tyson at 56 on 12:32 - Apr 23 by Dr_Winston

Instead of having a go at me click the link and add your comments to the tweet, cause I'm not responsible for that tweet.........

Mike Tyson at 56 on 14:26 - Apr 23 with 1913 viewsonehunglow

Mike Tyson at 56 on 13:39 - Apr 23 by max936

Instead of having a go at me click the link and add your comments to the tweet, cause I'm not responsible for that tweet.........

He has had a go at me Max
I mean , come on
Tyson , like many boxers, have had a horrible childhood
He could have been a GOAT
A terrifying opponent at times
He idolised Dempsey btw

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Mike Tyson at 56 on 14:30 - Apr 23 with 1909 viewsmax936

Mike Tyson at 56 on 14:26 - Apr 23 by onehunglow

He has had a go at me Max
I mean , come on
Tyson , like many boxers, have had a horrible childhood
He could have been a GOAT
A terrifying opponent at times
He idolised Dempsey btw

Water off a ducks back R.

Login to get fewer ads

Mike Tyson at 56 on 14:39 - Apr 23 with 1900 viewsonehunglow

Mike Tyson at 56 on 14:30 - Apr 23 by max936

Water off a ducks back R.

You calling me a duck

Mike Tyson at 56 on 14:45 - Apr 23 with 1898 viewsmax936

Mike Tyson at 56 on 14:39 - Apr 23 by onehunglow

You calling me a duck

Well, I often hear you quacking on here

Mike Tyson at 56 on 15:23 - Apr 23 with 1882 viewsonehunglow

Mike Tyson at 56 on 14:45 - Apr 23 by max936

Well, I often hear you quacking on here

I'm like a duck
Serene on top and paddling like fork underneath

Mike Tyson at 56 on 18:18 - Apr 23 with 1818 viewsshingle

I guess many can look good on the bag even at an advanced age you just take a look at his last 3 fights when he was still in is thirties he was totally washed up and remember he was only a scary ass mfer to those who were not intimidated by him when he was in a even and hard fight he was the one who always crumbled.
Mike Tyson at 56 on 18:55 - Apr 23 with 1804 views1462jack

Mike Tyson at 56 on 18:18 - Apr 23 by shingle

I guess many can look good on the bag even at an advanced age you just take a look at his last 3 fights when he was still in is thirties he was totally washed up and remember he was only a scary ass mfer to those who were not intimidated by him when he was in a even and hard fight he was the one who always crumbled.

It was the break up of team Tyson that ruined him , Tyson had cleared out the division and all of don kings fighters king had to get his hands on him and then jimmy jacobs his manager and good mate passed away king made his move got Tyson to sack the other manager bill Clayton and even worse got him to sack kevin rooney his coach , his last fight with rooney was with spinks, you watch him after that he becomes a head hunter , all the head movement gone the punches in bunches gone there was no happy family anymore they couldn’t control him like team Tyson ie keep him busy in and out of the ring , and also in the background was the money hungry model wife it was a recipe for disaster and that’s how it ended , the guy ended up broke he was a cash cow in the end , loosing to people who wouldn’t have laid a glove on him under Rooney , it’s sad really because he could have and should have beaten Marciano’s record and retired a rich man . I’m not going to say it but if you look at the ones who had his best interests and the ones who wanted to rob all his money , he really didn’t have a chance
Mike Tyson at 56 on 20:43 - Apr 23 with 1757 viewsTogg

Mike Tyson at 56 on 18:55 - Apr 23 by 1462jack

It was the break up of team Tyson that ruined him , Tyson had cleared out the division and all of don kings fighters king had to get his hands on him and then jimmy jacobs his manager and good mate passed away king made his move got Tyson to sack the other manager bill Clayton and even worse got him to sack kevin rooney his coach , his last fight with rooney was with spinks, you watch him after that he becomes a head hunter , all the head movement gone the punches in bunches gone there was no happy family anymore they couldn’t control him like team Tyson ie keep him busy in and out of the ring , and also in the background was the money hungry model wife it was a recipe for disaster and that’s how it ended , the guy ended up broke he was a cash cow in the end , loosing to people who wouldn’t have laid a glove on him under Rooney , it’s sad really because he could have and should have beaten Marciano’s record and retired a rich man . I’m not going to say it but if you look at the ones who had his best interests and the ones who wanted to rob all his money , he really didn’t have a chance

Absolutely. Summed up perfectly. Lewis and Holyfield were amazing fighters who grew into to their best in their thirties. However prime Tyson with the right team and attitude would have destroyed them.
Actually Lennox Lewis is quoted as saying before he fought Tyson that he thought as a fighter Tyson hadn't improved, in fact he thought he had got worse .
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 20:47]
Mike Tyson at 56 on 21:54 - Apr 23 with 1731 viewspencoedjack

Top post
Mike Tyson at 56 on 08:50 - Apr 24 with 1676 viewsonehunglow

It could be argued Tyson didn’t have the common sense and mental toughness of Marciano.
Tysons autobio is a good read

Mike Tyson at 56 on 12:25 - Apr 24 with 1646 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Mike Tyson at 56 on 20:43 - Apr 23 by Togg

Absolutely. Summed up perfectly. Lewis and Holyfield were amazing fighters who grew into to their best in their thirties. However prime Tyson with the right team and attitude would have destroyed them.
Actually Lennox Lewis is quoted as saying before he fought Tyson that he thought as a fighter Tyson hadn't improved, in fact he thought he had got worse .
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 20:47]

Tyson needed to adapt his game really. He overwhelmed everyone in his early career with his energy, aggression and power but when he got older all of that inevitably waned a bit as it does for all of us and he struggled as a result. He was still trying to fight the same way at 35 as he did at 19 and got beat by bums as a result. As a fighter he’s probably the best of all time but as a boxer I doubt he’s even top 50.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Mike Tyson at 56 on 16:32 - Apr 24 with 1617 viewshowenjack

Mike Tyson at 56 on 08:50 - Apr 24 by onehunglow

It could be argued Tyson didn’t have the common sense and mental toughness of Marciano.
Tysons autobio is a good read

Going off on a bit of a tangent here but I find it incredible that Swansea council has never officially recognised Marciano's links with the city . Not a plaque nor a statue to commemorate the fact that Swansea was where it all started for him.
Mumbles -where he was billeted in the war or Wind street would be the perfect setting for a statue to him and also at the same time it would pay homage to all the American servicemen who came over here and took part in the liberation of Europe.
Mike Tyson at 56 on 19:01 - Apr 24 with 1594 viewsshingle

Tyson fought 3 truly elite fighters during his career he got smashed by two of them and only beat Holmes because the guy was passed it and middle aged, i would hope the likes of Bruno, Burbick etc would not be considered elite fighters, no doubt a prime Tyson would have mangled the likes of Fury and Usyk but there are quite a few of past greats that would have had is number especially as he did not have the heart for battle when the going got really tough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024