Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This investment talk and the yanks 15:08 - Jan 30 with 4487 viewsmagicdaps10

This leak and the timing 🙈

Looks like there is no intention to strengthen a squad that's already thin......will likely be Martin's fault but this news coming out and the whispers are concerning.

Broken promises.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

This investment talk and the yanks on 22:54 - Jan 30 with 1092 viewsReslovenSwan1

This investment talk and the yanks on 22:23 - Jan 30 by builthjack

As I said when the yanks stepped in, and many times since, they haven’t got a pot to pee in.

I reckon Kaplan is seriously rich as a founding member of Oaktree Capital Management or whatever it was called. . My rough estimate is his worth is around $300m.

You may ask well what use it that. I point out that at one time Swansea city could not pay the gas bill. Swansea will never go bust under these owners. They have put in £10m-12m between them and that is enough for them. I seem to recall back in the dark days Swansea was looking for £100,000 to pay the Inland revenue.

They would be happy for new investors to join dilute them to 60% of their shareholding then sell in the PL at twice the price they paid seeing a profit. They never promised to spend big.

Wise sage since Toshack era

This investment talk and the yanks on 07:28 - Jan 31 with 990 viewsQJumpingJack

I would imagine if Martin is not backed then he is likely to move on in the Summer to another club
This investment talk and the yanks on 07:46 - Jan 31 with 971 viewsmagicdaps10

Clearly the yanks are not totally committed to the club, only goes to show by how many times they roll into town!
The question is, would we be in any a worse position if the sell outs hadn't sold the club?
We were all told why the club was sold and the majority of what we were told hasn't come to fruition.

I think it was clear to most why they sold, I get it but clearly the lines we sold were false.

This investment talk and the yanks on 07:55 - Jan 31 with 934 viewsWhiterockin

This investment talk and the yanks on 07:28 - Jan 31 by QJumpingJack

I would imagine if Martin is not backed then he is likely to move on in the Summer to another club

Personally I think he knows the score regarding expectations and transfers in and out. IMO he will also have signed his contract extension by then.
This investment talk and the yanks on 08:00 - Jan 31 with 912 viewsDr_Winston

This investment talk and the yanks on 07:28 - Jan 31 by QJumpingJack

Oh no. What a pity.

As WR said though, he will undoubtedly know the score, as did Potter and Cooper before him. Frankly he hasn't done well enough with the players he already has to justify allowing him to spend more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

This investment talk and the yanks on 08:05 - Jan 31 with 905 viewsBoundy

This investment talk and the yanks on 08:00 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

Oh no. What a pity.

As WR said though, he will undoubtedly know the score, as did Potter and Cooper before him. Frankly he hasn't done well enough with the players he already has to justify allowing him to spend more.

I understand your opinion of Martin but the point shouldn't be overlooked that the owners have retreated further away from the Club and with a distinct lack of interest and imo that would apply regardless who was manager

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

This investment talk and the yanks on 13:32 - Jan 31 with 800 viewsQJumpingJack

This investment talk and the yanks on 08:00 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

Oh no. What a pity.

Once Potter knew the score (Feb 19) - he was off.
This investment talk and the yanks on 13:33 - Jan 31 with 793 viewsKeithHaynes

This investment talk and the yanks on 13:32 - Jan 31 by QJumpingJack

And Cooper June 2nd. I believe we reported the first meeting where he told Winter where to get off.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

This investment talk and the yanks on 22:04 - Feb 1 with 599 viewsmagicdaps10

This investment talk and the yanks on 13:32 - Jan 31 by QJumpingJack

I had a good conversation with Bjorn Hamberg a few weeks into the season that him and Potter joined......the board had already backtracked on promises and they were not happy at that early stage.

This investment talk and the yanks on 22:07 - Feb 1 with 580 viewsDr_Parnassus

This investment talk and the yanks on 07:46 - Jan 31 by magicdaps10

Clearly the yanks are not totally committed to the club, only goes to show by how many times they roll into town!
The question is, would we be in any a worse position if the sell outs hadn't sold the club?
We were all told why the club was sold and the majority of what we were told hasn't come to fruition.

I think it was clear to most why they sold, I get it but clearly the lines we sold were false.

What were you told that hadn’t come to fruition?

People say this kind of stuff all the time but it rarely has any substance behind it when asked.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

This investment talk and the yanks on 22:11 - Feb 1 with 571 viewsBoundy

This investment talk and the yanks on 18:54 - Jan 30 by max936

Would you walk away from the wedge he gets,?

Pride v money , for some there's only one winner.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

This investment talk and the yanks on 23:12 - Feb 1 with 522 viewsmax936

This investment talk and the yanks on 07:55 - Jan 31 by Whiterockin

Personally I think he knows the score regarding expectations and transfers in and out. IMO he will also have signed his contract extension by then.

" IMO he will also have signed his contract extension by then."

That will put the tin hat on it, some on here will go apoplectic if and when that happens [lo]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024