Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Amos 11:17 - Oct 5 with 1898 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Thought Amos has gone a bit under the radar after last night. He won the ball twice to set up Chairs near post shot in the 1st half and then showed good fitness levels to sprint and close down their defender to give Dykes and Roberts the chance to score. He also took up some good attacking positions. For me, he impacts a game more than Iroegbunam who has a terrible habit of being pushed off the ball too easily.
With Willock possibly being out for some time the more attacking threat of Amos means he could well get a good run in the team.
Luke Amos on 11:31 - Oct 5 with 1784 viewsTonto

would rather see Amos play than Tim.

I also thought he looked good for the hour he was on. he and Dozzell was an interesting choice of starters, but they were both good.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Luke Amos on 11:33 - Oct 5 with 1773 viewsbosh67

Amos is like watching a tiger. Heee'sss great!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Luke Amos on 12:48 - Oct 5 with 1614 viewsThe_Beast1976

Amos is a fantastic player. I have very high hopes for him
Luke Amos on 12:55 - Oct 5 with 1580 viewsdmm

For me, he was a little 'quiet' last night but when coming back from injury in the past it has understandably taken a few games for him to get up to full speed.

Here's hoping he stays fit for the season because, as we're all saying, he's a great player for us and I don't think we've seen him at his best yet.
Luke Amos on 13:01 - Oct 5 with 1554 viewsqprd

OP is a bit harsh on tim, who i actually think is pretty good on the ball. his weakness seems to be he's prone to giving the ball away rather than getting pushed off the ball

having said that, both players are really important. if you want to play a pressing style, your midfielders need to really put in a shift. its not sustainable to play someone like amos three times a week, so we're invariably going to need to rotate
Luke Amos on 13:27 - Oct 5 with 1433 viewstraininvain

Luke Amos on 13:01 - Oct 5 by qprd

OP is a bit harsh on tim, who i actually think is pretty good on the ball. his weakness seems to be he's prone to giving the ball away rather than getting pushed off the ball

having said that, both players are really important. if you want to play a pressing style, your midfielders need to really put in a shift. its not sustainable to play someone like amos three times a week, so we're invariably going to need to rotate

Also important to remember that Tim’s made a grand total of three appearances in the Championship and barely done 90 mins in total. It’ll take him a bit of time to adjust to the pace of the game hence why he’s maybe given away possession a few times but he’s clearly a decent player.
Luke Amos on 13:32 - Oct 5 with 1399 viewstkqpr

Luke Amos on 12:48 - Oct 5 by The_Beast1976

Amos is a fantastic player. I have very high hopes for him

Isnt he in the last year of his contract?

He's also learning Spanish.

Im putting 2+2 together and coming up with ...hes gonna move to Spain on a free!

I hope not.

I think we just need to see him stay injury free and have a good run of games and then maybe offer him a contract extension?
Luke Amos on 13:33 - Oct 5 with 1391 viewsNorthantsHoop

He played well last night, considering time he has been out for a while again. We have some very talented midfield players at the Rss and we are strarting to get the ball moving a lot quicker back to front this season, helped by Laird and Paal who provide great wide outlets for them.
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Amos on 13:40 - Oct 5 with 1355 viewsMonkey_Roots

I'm actually not as enthused with Tim as some others — he DOES get pushed off the ball quite easily IMO. He has a lovely touch, no doubt — but I'd rather Luke in there fighting to keep possession than Tim looking confused at the ref as to why he hasn't been given a foul.

Maybe he just hasn't caught on yet, refs are letting a lot of the physical stuff go now, or maybe he's just getting up to speed with the physical nature of the championship — he's a player for sure, just not our player - Luke is, and I'd rather see one of our own play before a loanee... actually that's not true — I love Laird at right back.

Ignore me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024