Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post match thread 14:47 - Mar 20 with 5936 viewswortonranger

Is this a new idea?
I’ve started it! A perfect place and time to over-react, which is allowed after that.
Ok
Crazy substitutions ( is there something we don’t know re contract stipulations?)
End of the road for...
Charlie
Thomas
Hendrick
Gray ( probably)
McCallum ( huge disappointment)
On the good side the chance of our better players moving on is reduced ( won’t get the fee that looked likely so not forced to sell)so we have a core to start next time round
Plus
We won’t have to play Peterborough next year
Because we are safe from relegation
And we will obviously beat Fulham this year.

Post match thread on 18:08 - Mar 20 with 1702 viewsEsox_Lucius

I wonder if Barbet has indicted to the club that he won't be staying after the end of the season?

The grass is always greener.

Post match thread on 18:10 - Mar 20 with 1679 viewsdavman

Post match thread on 15:05 - Mar 20 by Sharpy36

Add Thomas to that.

...and Field.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Post match thread on 18:15 - Mar 20 with 1653 viewsCamberleyR

Post match thread on 18:08 - Mar 20 by Esox_Lucius

I wonder if Barbet has indicted to the club that he won't be staying after the end of the season?

My thoughts exactly and he may be doing a 'Grant Hall'...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Post match thread on 18:21 - Mar 20 with 1622 viewsdavman

Post match thread on 15:39 - Mar 20 by Rangers67

Where to start with that shambles. It will be interesting to hear what MW has to say after that. In a way it doesn’t,t matter because the players are clearly not listening to him. Otherwise we would have arrested this decline weeks ago. Sanderson had a poor game and needs sending back. But starting the game with Amos Field and Dozell was a disaster. Not one of them has any pace and As for Field I would like someone on here who rates him to explain to me what he brings to the team. Our own fault again by not taking more of the few chances we made and doing the usual Rangers thing and sitting back after going 1 up. Adomah had a decent game but Charlie is way off it at the moment. Pboro defensively we’re a shambles but we still couldn’t,t score more than one goal and that says it all really.

Hmm, I get different opinions, but yours is the diammetrical opposite to mine here with the exception of Sanderson. Starting the game with Amos Field and Dozell was spot on and the best three by far we have available. Don't even suggest that Hendrick is the answer and, on current form JoJo shouldn't be anywhere near the team either.

Mainly in control with that midfield and they should start all games 'til the end of the season.

Field was everywhere today cleaning up messes all over the place because yet again we gave the ball away really cheaply regularly. Our best player, bar Westwood, by a country mile.

Adomah was shocking I am afraid. No composure when in crossing positions and poor defensively. I love him, but since the P'boro cup game, he's not had a good game.

Not sure what you expect from Austin coming on to that shambles, but I think he did OK.

Dunne up top though is probably the best striker performance from us this year.

...and that is where our problems lie; no movement up front, no work rate, no options. Poor and it is that which has cost us the chance of promotion.

Devastated tonight, but not surprised in the least. We are QPR. It is what we fcking do. Year after year. Season after Season.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Post match thread on 18:23 - Mar 20 with 1605 viewsCamberleyR

Post match thread on 17:00 - Mar 20 by PinnerPaul

My post match thought is that if you have soooo many players playing that badly its pretty pointless blaming one individual player and/or the subs that MW made.

Also pretty annoying to just rehash the old beefs anyone has with individual players and as for those who have literally posted nothing for the last 13 months while we have been playing well, but choose our worse performance to make a come back....well -glad I have got them all on ignore, that's all I'm saying on THAT subject

"and as for those who have literally posted nothing for the last 13 months while we have been playing well, but choose our worse performance to make a come back"

This. I really can't fathom some of our fanbase sometimes. It's like they get some kind of perverse thrill if we lose and play badly.

Post match thread on 18:28 - Mar 20 with 1579 viewspaulparker

Post match thread on 18:15 - Mar 20 by CamberleyR

I can’t see it with Barbet , this is a bloke who played on a few weeks back with a gash in his head
That’s hardly doing a Grant Hal
I don’t think it was any shock that he wasn’t going to sign a deal this summer a lot of people thought he would go back to France
The club has previous as well with Manning, BOS, Leinster
I don’t get why you wouldn’t play Barbet even if he is off , he is our best defender

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Post match thread on 18:28 - Mar 20 with 1578 viewstoboboly

Their number 40 ran more in the last 10 he was on for than our 3 subs did combined.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Post match thread on 18:31 - Mar 20 with 1554 viewsPlanetHonneywood

A little over a month ago, this site was falling over itself to trot a series of superlatives to describe the team, it’s spirit and everything that could be associated with our off-field activities. We were staring down the barrel of a reasonably certain PO position, an easy looking 4th round cup tie and two of our better players were returning from AFCON.

All was intact and looking good.

A bad run in the interim and now it’s all a familiar case of the usual on the fan sites, and while it’s not what we wanted, much less thought or even feared, it is very QPR! Sadly.

I recall posting a while back that there’s going to be a lot of ins and outs come June and the starting XI come August will be drastically different and we will go into the new season like we have for sometime now: avoiding relegation first.

But despite the last month or so, it’s still more of a positive season and the important thing is that we remember it isn’t over yet and that the model/pathway we’re on is the right one. Let us not spit our collective dummies out now.

If we do falter, then it will be a shame this group didn’t get to the POs. But what I cannot get out of the back of my mind are two things: one, we are QPR - and we can clutch calamity from the jaws of respectability and secondly, I really hope come January 2023 we’re not all recalling a year earlier when we were flying!

Bloody Peterborough!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Post match thread on 18:38 - Mar 20 with 1539 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Just walked the dog 3 miles (5k) to try and calm down and she looked up at me and said " why did I turn into Zouma " so I had to carry her the last bit home.
We had this game completely in hand even missing those chances ,then they score and we implode .
Why is that ?. A few of us on the thread feared they would be fired up after half time and we would collapse and sure enough they killed us dead.
Where was our frenzy to pull the game out ,we would have gone down fighting earlier in the year but now we just give in.That alone is the most frustrating we look finished for this season sadly
Post match thread on 18:38 - Mar 20 with 1532 viewsbosh67

Post match thread on 18:28 - Mar 20 by paulparker

I can’t see it with Barbet , this is a bloke who played on a few weeks back with a gash in his head
I don’t think it was any shock that he wasn’t going to sign a deal this summer a lot of people thought he would go back to France
I don’t get why you wouldn’t play Barbet even if he is off , he is our best defender

I can't see why Barbet would ever not want to play. Our form has been particularly bad in the games he's not playing. I am wondering if there is a slight injury that we are not being told about.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Post match thread on 18:43 - Mar 20 with 1505 viewsessextaxiboy

Post match thread on 18:03 - Mar 20 by Malintabuk

Think this post match thread lark will have legs....which is more than I can say for our team
Sitting in SA today I actually hankered back to lock down and not having to go and see this
On the fast train back to Kent and sitting here in utter silence am trying to work out what as happened to us
OK we have always been a basket case of a club.... but think we have rewritten the script today
Peterborough.... bottom..... never win .... never score..... cannon fodder for the rest..... and they have beaten us 3 times..... 3 TIMES......
I understand that we have over achieved and in all likelihood we were going to get found out...... but today was a disgrace
Clueless ..... with as much pace in the teams as my walking football side..... we have old Len on our wing and I think he is quicker that anyone in our team
Sanderson looked different gear at Birmingham.... here he looks like he hasn't got a gear....
Could go on.... as Esox says it is the fcuking hope that is the killer
Thank god we are spared for another 2 weeks......

Didn't it used to be called "Just back" ?
Post match thread on 18:49 - Mar 20 with 1475 viewskensalriser

We looked fine until we scored and then just relaxed into our by now all too familiar, lackadaisical, zero intensity training ground mode.

Up until today I thought Hendrick was being unfairly scapegoated but I'd love to know in what alternative universe he should have replaced Amos, our only player who looked like he wanted to get forward. Ditto, how the hell has Barbet been dropped for Sanderson?

Found myself sitting next to Seann Walsh today and it wasn't funny at all. Sorry Seann, not your fault.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Post match thread on 18:58 - Mar 20 with 1436 viewsTHEBUSH

It wasnt any one players fault, the whole game was a shambles.

i think Warburton has an unsettled dressing room, and imo hes to blame.

Warburton knows the problem, but can he sort it out, imo definitely not this season.
Post match thread on 19:35 - Mar 20 with 1370 viewsCamberleyR

Post match thread on 18:28 - Mar 20 by paulparker

By doing 'a Grant Hall' I meant that like Hall, Barbet has probably sorted out a new deal elsewhere most likely back in his homeland and has asked the manager not to be considered as Hall did a couple of years back when his Middlesbrough deal was sorted.

I'd think this likely happens on advice from the agents who don't want the move jeapordised and their agent's fee going up in smoke in case they get badly injured.

On the other hand as mentioned above it may be an injury we're not being told about but why would the club do this in this particular case? They are normally upfront when a player has an injury.

Post match thread on 20:18 - Mar 20 with 1251 viewsHarbour

Post match thread on 19:35 - Mar 20 by CamberleyR

By doing 'a Grant Hall' I meant that like Hall, Barbet has probably sorted out a new deal elsewhere most likely back in his homeland and has asked the manager not to be considered as Hall did a couple of years back when his Middlesbrough deal was sorted.

I'd think this likely happens on advice from the agents who don't want the move jeapordised and their agent's fee going up in smoke in case they get badly injured.

On the other hand as mentioned above it may be an injury we're not being told about but why would the club do this in this particular case? They are normally upfront when a player has an injury.

Can see where you are coming from but would say if Barbet is contracted to the club until June we should play him if selected. Given the number of appearances he has made I would be surprised if he was refusing to play or following the advice of his agent. But I guess we will never know all I do know is we are missing him on the field as you say he may be injured but Warbs normally states if the player is unavailable due to injury. Clearly some things we do not know about Barbet and the fact Amos infrequently plays 90 minutes.
Post match thread on 20:31 - Mar 20 with 1203 viewsQPR_John

Post match thread on 19:35 - Mar 20 by CamberleyR

“ and has asked the manager not to be considered “

I’m sure if that is the case he has asked that the club not pay his salary.
Post match thread on 21:33 - Mar 20 with 1114 viewsgobbles

Post match thread on 18:15 - Mar 20 by CamberleyR

Hall refused to complete a season, even the games before his contract expired. Unless anyone has any proof Barbet could be doing anything like that, I'd suggest they keep that slander to themselves. I couldn't imagine a less likely scenario.
Barbet also has every right to sign for who he wants at the end of his contract and I'll wish him all the best.
Post match thread on 22:07 - Mar 20 with 1062 viewsRangers67

Post match thread on 16:05 - Mar 20 by ngbqpr

Amos no pace? See his goal v Reading.

What does Field bring? See Coventry away.

Let’s not let a poor run / diabolical second half today see us digging out some of the young talents we have.

Nope
Post match thread on 22:13 - Mar 20 with 1046 viewsRangers67

Post match thread on 18:21 - Mar 20 by davman

Hmm, I get different opinions, but yours is the diammetrical opposite to mine here with the exception of Sanderson. Starting the game with Amos Field and Dozell was spot on and the best three by far we have available. Don't even suggest that Hendrick is the answer and, on current form JoJo shouldn't be anywhere near the team either.

Mainly in control with that midfield and they should start all games 'til the end of the season.

Field was everywhere today cleaning up messes all over the place because yet again we gave the ball away really cheaply regularly. Our best player, bar Westwood, by a country mile.

Adomah was shocking I am afraid. No composure when in crossing positions and poor defensively. I love him, but since the P'boro cup game, he's not had a good game.

Not sure what you expect from Austin coming on to that shambles, but I think he did OK.

...and that is where our problems lie; no movement up front, no work rate, no options. Poor and it is that which has cost us the chance of promotion.

Devastated tonight, but not surprised in the least. We are QPR. It is what we fcking do. Year after year. Season after Season.

Wrong respectfully
Post match thread on 22:37 - Mar 20 with 985 viewsnix

Summed up succinctly by a chap on a bike as we were on our way back to the car. 'How did the R's get on', he enquired. 'Lost 3-1 we explained'. B*stards he replied...
Post match thread on 22:41 - Mar 20 with 979 viewsTacticalR

Post match thread on 18:49 - Mar 20 by kensalriser

We looked fine until we scored and then just relaxed into our by now all too familiar, lackadaisical, zero intensity training ground mode.

Up until today I thought Hendrick was being unfairly scapegoated but I'd love to know in what alternative universe he should have replaced Amos, our only player who looked like he wanted to get forward. Ditto, how the hell has Barbet been dropped for Sanderson?

Found myself sitting next to Seann Walsh today and it wasn't funny at all. Sorry Seann, not your fault.

Agreed. We didn't lose the game when they scored, we lost the game when we scored and then didn't progress from there.

Air hostess clique

Post match thread on 00:36 - Mar 21 with 904 viewsgobbles

Post match thread on 18:21 - Mar 20 by davman

1. On Adomah, it was his cross that set up what should have been a goal for Gray that he somehow turned on to a post. While today was not his best game, he was far from "shocking" and was one of the few players who ever looked a threat. He was also given a constant stream of hospital passes by Sanderson, who tended to delay until the defence closed in before passing to him.
2. My main memory of Field was losing the ball in a dangerous position and then hacking the Peterborough player down and being booked. I know some are in absolute awe of him, but for a midfielder, I do not remember him setting up a single chance or creating anything. I do remember him passing the ball backwards a lot.
3. Likewise, what does Dozzell do? He seems to be keen to play as deep as Field but the game just passes him by. Both Dozzell and Field seem to be very slow.
4. The problems lie with too few chances being created and the midfield sitting too deep
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 1:13]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024