Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back 4 anyone? 22:58 - Feb 8 with 1063 viewsJonathans_coat

As far back as I can remember, The Swans have played in various formations with a back 4.

This is the 3rd strait season we have mainly used a back 5, or back 3 with 2 “wingbacks”, and for me it has several major drawbacks in attack and defence.

- 3 CBs is too many when most opposition teams play with 1 striker. It reduces the number of creative attacking players you can field, at the same time as forcing you to hold possession deeper as that’s where the numbers are. When you try to play it out from deep, everyone upfield is marked and the only “free man” is either another CB or the goalkeeper, and they are unlikely to create many goal scoring opportunities.

- Playing only 1 wide player on each side means they are either pinned back defending against a pacey winger, or if they do venture forward, they leave the 3 CBs horribly exposed against the aforementioned pacey winger.

Surely it can’t just be me longing for the days of 4-2-3-1. That’s what Swansea’s passing game and subsequent success had been based on from Martinez to our Premier League days. If nothing else it’s certainly better to watch.
Back 4 anyone? on 23:05 - Feb 8 with 1038 viewsmagicdaps10

Yes, back 4 with Wingers 👌

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024