Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Eustace 21:47 - Jul 21 with 17212 viewsChief

Is this the height of the club's ambition? QPRs assistant?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

John Eustace on 09:18 - Jul 22 with 1869 viewsDr_Parnassus

John Eustace on 09:06 - Jul 22 by Badlands

The reason most of the fans who wanted him gone felt like that was nothing to do with status, size or position is the the a**e numbingly boring and predicable football we played.
Cooper was also largely about loans, players developed to a high standard by others whereas he really didn’t develop much (baring Cabango who has developed into a regular?) and wasted a lot of money not playing the loan players. Even those who have been regular starters have no residual value.
I just hope the mess he has left doesn’t turn out to be a Championship version of Monk's legacy.

Well it was unpredictable enough to come 6th and then 4th.

He wasn’t “about loans”, the club is “about loans”. We don’t have a pot to piss in. If you want quality players such as Brewster, Guehi and Gibbs White then we will have to borrow them.

Monk was sacked after failing to follow up his first season and left us in 17th place after 16 games, winning only 1 of his last 11.

Cooper left us after finishing 4th, getting to within 90 mins of the Premier League after equalling the points tally of the most legendary football league and management team we have ever had.... this of course improving on his 6th placed finish before.

His legacy is leaving something almost insurmountable to follow. To achieve what he did with what little we had was nothing short of remarkable.

If the new manager gets us in the top 10, I’ll be amazed.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

John Eustace on 09:21 - Jul 22 with 1854 viewsonehunglow

It's hard to comment really.
If only we were all as wise as Winston.

Look,we tumbled out of the Prem and have virtually fallen through the floor.
Our owners are running us like a tight ship corner shop. That might we wise but it is not exciting.
Fans,being the baturds that they are,look to be entertained-excited even.

John Eustace.

Really.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

John Eustace on 09:28 - Jul 22 with 1845 viewsCatullus

John Eustace on 22:26 - Jul 21 by Dr_Winston

There are few things on this planet as sure of its opinion as a misinformed football supporter.

Eustace may be a masterstroke. He may be a disaster. Who the F*ck can say at this point without a wild assed guess?

Like I said to Andy Cole when he asked about standards, you just don't know. Eustace could turn into a masterstroke or a complete disaster. All we can do is get behind the team and hope.
We don't have to like it or be happy with it but we do have to give him a chance, support him and the team until he doesn't deserve it and that'll be months down the line, if we're giving him a fair crack.

When Rodgers arrived it was exactly the same, who is he, whats his record/experience, will he be any good?
If it's to be Eustace, give the guy a chance, lets judge him by performances and results in 2/3 months but we can't judge him before he's had a chance. Lets be honest, Eustace has more Championship experience than Cooper, has dealt with senior players and with some respect, he played for some decent clubs too. Certainly bigger and better than Rhyl or Porthmadog.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

John Eustace on 09:54 - Jul 22 with 1785 viewsThornburyswan

I might be in the minority but I’m ok with Eustace - not excited granted but noting our financial position & 2-years of Cooperball it’s long been time for a change & an under the radar young hungry manager who likes to work with younger players is good with me.

PS Whilst I have moved towards the ‘Cooperout’ camp in the last couple of months his results with us have been exceptional & warrant appreciation joint best win percentage (with Rodgers) for last 100 years for us.
John Eustace on 09:56 - Jul 22 with 1777 views3swan

Reading about him I'd be very willing to give him a chance. He's shown determination to recover from various injuries during his playing career. Took what looks as a successful 2 years in non league management. Now has many years of experience as an assistant with a league club who also had financial constraints. If it was Rangel as well then again the chance is worth taking thinking what type of football he would want to be associated with
John Eustace on 09:57 - Jul 22 with 1771 viewsvetchonian

John Eustace on 09:06 - Jul 22 by Badlands

The reason most of the fans who wanted him gone felt like that was nothing to do with status, size or position is the the a**e numbingly boring and predicable football we played.
Cooper was also largely about loans, players developed to a high standard by others whereas he really didn’t develop much (baring Cabango who has developed into a regular?) and wasted a lot of money not playing the loan players. Even those who have been regular starters have no residual value.
I just hope the mess he has left doesn’t turn out to be a Championship version of Monk's legacy.

Which loan players did he not play?
I guess you are referring to Morris and Arriola?
Two players who arrived on the back of long term injuries and hardly any playing time over the previous year?
Woodman was played ,Geuhi was played....Cooper worked out he was best utilised in a back 5 ...just like Connor Roberts....and Geuhi came on leaps and bounds and as a result has earned Chelsea a nice sum
Brewster was played.....again Liverpool earned a nice sum following the "Press" he had from his time here under Cooper
Gallagher was played
Gibbs -White played before his injury and his recall
Hourihane was played despite many fans wishing he wasnt
So the only two loanees that werent played regurlarly were the two Americans though they did get opportunities and were they any better thanwhat we had?
Yet again more myth generation

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

John Eustace on 10:04 - Jul 22 with 1750 viewsBadlands

John Eustace on 09:18 - Jul 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Well it was unpredictable enough to come 6th and then 4th.

He wasn’t “about loans”, the club is “about loans”. We don’t have a pot to piss in. If you want quality players such as Brewster, Guehi and Gibbs White then we will have to borrow them.

Monk was sacked after failing to follow up his first season and left us in 17th place after 16 games, winning only 1 of his last 11.

Cooper left us after finishing 4th, getting to within 90 mins of the Premier League after equalling the points tally of the most legendary football league and management team we have ever had.... this of course improving on his 6th placed finish before.

His legacy is leaving something almost insurmountable to follow. To achieve what he did with what little we had was nothing short of remarkable.

If the new manager gets us in the top 10, I’ll be amazed.

Cooper wasn't about loans!!!
What he left is a bit of a mess, I refer you to Plymouth earlier in the week.
The value of His achievements depend on whether you enjoy watching football or a league table.
But if position is your thing he blew play offs last season and this, completely bottled it against the same team because they had a manager who coached his team to beat us. We had a manager who believed the usual borefest Cooperball was enough.
What is needed is a manager who can get us playing as a team not a group of individuals.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

John Eustace on 10:20 - Jul 22 with 1686 viewsonehunglow

John Eustace on 10:04 - Jul 22 by Badlands

The value of His achievements depend on whether you enjoy watching football or a league table.
But if position is your thing he blew play offs last season and this, completely bottled it against the same team because they had a manager who coached his team to beat us. We had a manager who believed the usual borefest Cooperball was enough.
What is needed is a manager who can get us playing as a team not a group of individuals.

Here's where I am.
I read Cooper did brilliant/fantastic etc with no real money and with no back up.
I read about him taking taking to to 2 play offs .A fantastic achievement.

Being a jerk,I saw him bottle a play off with Brentford one year from a great opportunity playing ten men,then another play off after he had seen us get smashed by Huddersfield-who did the double over us. Hudds were lucky to stay up. It' how you oudge success I suppose.

I saw a manager often stationary,schtum sulking on his coach seat whilst the opposition worked him over. I saw a player like Hoolie selected to start-a shocking player,whilst Cullen ,bless him and Whittaker,seemed rather shafted by him.

All in all,I'm looking forward to our new manager. I'm certain ,,if it' s Eustace,we won't want for passion at least.

Login to get fewer ads

John Eustace on 10:40 - Jul 22 with 1643 viewsvetchonian

Most fans want a mixture of both ....can you honestly say you would be happy losing more games than you win but watch exciting football?
THe football under Cooper has not always been as "dire" as described....how can we really tell as we havent been there to see it and watching games on tv or a PC give a totally different perspective to match day experience at the ground.
I have wlaked away form the Liberty ( and Vetch) gutted we had lost even though we had witnesses a "spectacle".I have posted the Coventry highlights even at 1-0 up we were still looking to attack from deep....rememebr you hinted Cabango had had the ball playing skills coached out of him yet in that game there is an example of him playing the ball and passing out of our box under pressure.
Yes we lost to a side in the final managed by someone with 6 years more experience than our manager...read my posts elswhere with more detail comparison between the two managers

Much is talked of our history and footballing legacy and we often refer to "great managers" of our past
Toshack who led that great journey...he arrived at the club when we were in the 4th division...used to scrapping along and sirviving relection he beganhis "revolution in the lowest league ....
Roberto took us from the third tier a division above where TOshack began again in a period where we as a club were just recovering from almost slipping out of the league and he inherited a well put together squad.
Brendan he came when we were still riding on the crest of a wave..but happyu as we were playing at the highest level we had for many years after so many years of struggle. He used loans too...he had the team bolstered by a certain Fabio Borini who was a major catalyst in our promotion to the PL via the play off...who did COoper get? two crocked Yanks...and HOurihane of course despite him asking and identifying a No9
Cooper arrived as a real rookie to a club which was now on the descendancy...with a fan base with epectations given what we had exprienced over the previous ten years....some fans had only known those years.....and been brought up with live PL and top European football readily available to watch on TV setting a bar....whilst others of us grew up only watching live football at the Vetch or the FA cup final on tv...plus highlights on MOTD and the Big Match with some European games on a Wednesday night....so the comparison point was low!
Despite all of this he got results and improved our league finish year on year...yes the football was not in the style of Roberto,but it certainly was not always as bad as some paint.
YOu point to Plymouth....I take my hat off to him....what enthusiasm would he have knowing he was going?....None of us know what has gone on ...many are speculating the facts we know are .....he felt not valued given the achievements in terms of league finishes, abilty to attract good quality loans and 'underpaid. Unhappy he wasnt properly supported in the January window to enable the goal of promotion to be achieved.
WHy wouldnt you go to an interview for a "better" job especially if you are approached?
That said he is now another on the list of ex managers...you along with your felloe COoper outs will be feeling vindicated and sure it was his style of football that has led to this....we will never know but as there mant discusions aound this across this board logic would dictate otherwise...although in football logic is often thrown out of the window!

John Eustace on 10:59 - Jul 22 with 1576 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nope. He worked with what he was given, that was a minimal transfer budget and some scope to get some cheap loans in. Brewster was free for example.

He hasn’t left a mess at all, what are you talking about? The squad remaining is the result of what the ownership and recruitment team planned for.

It has nothing to do with watching a league table as has fashionably become the saying. The league table is representative of how many teams we beat. Beating teams will always be pleasurable to me no matter how it’s achieved. Give me a 1-0 win over a 3-2 loss any day.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

John Eustace on 11:08 - Jul 22 with 1550 viewsonehunglow

John Eustace on 10:40 - Jul 22 by vetchonian

Most fans want a mixture of both ....can you honestly say you would be happy losing more games than you win but watch exciting football?
THe football under Cooper has not always been as "dire" as described....how can we really tell as we havent been there to see it and watching games on tv or a PC give a totally different perspective to match day experience at the ground.
I have wlaked away form the Liberty ( and Vetch) gutted we had lost even though we had witnesses a "spectacle".I have posted the Coventry highlights even at 1-0 up we were still looking to attack from deep....rememebr you hinted Cabango had had the ball playing skills coached out of him yet in that game there is an example of him playing the ball and passing out of our box under pressure.
Yes we lost to a side in the final managed by someone with 6 years more experience than our manager...read my posts elswhere with more detail comparison between the two managers

Much is talked of our history and footballing legacy and we often refer to "great managers" of our past
Toshack who led that great journey...he arrived at the club when we were in the 4th division...used to scrapping along and sirviving relection he beganhis "revolution in the lowest league ....
Roberto took us from the third tier a division above where TOshack began again in a period where we as a club were just recovering from almost slipping out of the league and he inherited a well put together squad.
Brendan he came when we were still riding on the crest of a wave..but happyu as we were playing at the highest level we had for many years after so many years of struggle. He used loans too...he had the team bolstered by a certain Fabio Borini who was a major catalyst in our promotion to the PL via the play off...who did COoper get? two crocked Yanks...and HOurihane of course despite him asking and identifying a No9
Cooper arrived as a real rookie to a club which was now on the descendancy...with a fan base with epectations given what we had exprienced over the previous ten years....some fans had only known those years.....and been brought up with live PL and top European football readily available to watch on TV setting a bar....whilst others of us grew up only watching live football at the Vetch or the FA cup final on tv...plus highlights on MOTD and the Big Match with some European games on a Wednesday night....so the comparison point was low!
Despite all of this he got results and improved our league finish year on year...yes the football was not in the style of Roberto,but it certainly was not always as bad as some paint.
YOu point to Plymouth....I take my hat off to him....what enthusiasm would he have knowing he was going?....None of us know what has gone on ...many are speculating the facts we know are .....he felt not valued given the achievements in terms of league finishes, abilty to attract good quality loans and 'underpaid. Unhappy he wasnt properly supported in the January window to enable the goal of promotion to be achieved.
WHy wouldnt you go to an interview for a "better" job especially if you are approached?
That said he is now another on the list of ex managers...you along with your felloe COoper outs will be feeling vindicated and sure it was his style of football that has led to this....we will never know but as there mant discusions aound this across this board logic would dictate otherwise...although in football logic is often thrown out of the window!

I feel like Ive just been revising for O level History.

Good read though.

Too co plex for me to respond except to say many who only watched via Grandstand with David Coleman -even Peter Dimmock and The Big Match will still be sick at hoe we tumbled out of the Premier League. Some even want to return. I mean to say.

The older ones were sick of the unambitious Swans of old and even the decrepit Vetch .

Too right logic play little part in any of it.

John Eustace on 16:11 - Jul 22 with 1367 viewsTreforys_Jack

John Eustace on 09:28 - Jul 22 by Catullus

Like I said to Andy Cole when he asked about standards, you just don't know. Eustace could turn into a masterstroke or a complete disaster. All we can do is get behind the team and hope.
We don't have to like it or be happy with it but we do have to give him a chance, support him and the team until he doesn't deserve it and that'll be months down the line, if we're giving him a fair crack.

When Rodgers arrived it was exactly the same, who is he, whats his record/experience, will he be any good?
If it's to be Eustace, give the guy a chance, lets judge him by performances and results in 2/3 months but we can't judge him before he's had a chance. Lets be honest, Eustace has more Championship experience than Cooper, has dealt with senior players and with some respect, he played for some decent clubs too. Certainly bigger and better than Rhyl or Porthmadog.

You're on fire lately Cat, bastion of common sense and reasonable thinking. You need to stop now, its not on, you're confusing some on here
John Eustace on 16:32 - Jul 22 with 1320 viewsmax936

John Eustace on 09:21 - Jul 22 by onehunglow

It's hard to comment really.
If only we were all as wise as Winston.

Look,we tumbled out of the Prem and have virtually fallen through the floor.
Our owners are running us like a tight ship corner shop. That might we wise but it is not exciting.
Fans,being the baturds that they are,look to be entertained-excited even.

John Eustace.

Really.

Which one of Levien and Kaplan is Arkwright and which one is Granville, neither are as funny as Arkwright and Granville that's a fact, they both thought they bought a Supermarket, but when the reality dawned it was a Corner Shop.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

John Eustace on 16:36 - Jul 22 with 1312 viewspencoedjack

Sounds like those who wanted Cooper out cant understand why we haven't appointed a big name like Eddie Howe, Frank Lampard or Mark Hughes .

The grass isn't always grasser than 2 top 6 finishes in 2 seasons.

Anyway good luck to the next manager you will have my full support as have previous managers.
John Eustace on 16:47 - Jul 22 with 1287 viewsmax936

John Eustace on 16:36 - Jul 22 by pencoedjack

Sounds like those who wanted Cooper out cant understand why we haven't appointed a big name like Eddie Howe, Frank Lampard or Mark Hughes .

The grass isn't always grasser than 2 top 6 finishes in 2 seasons.

Anyway good luck to the next manager you will have my full support as have previous managers.

Cooper, knew he wasn't gonna get the support he needed to kick on this season and maybe get us up in my opinion and probably felt he'd taken us as far as he could with the resources available and the knowledge that he could even be without some of the players he had last season, he probably also knew that fans wanted him gone for the style of football we were playing, weighing all that up both parties were happy for a parting of the ways.

John Eustace on 17:01 - Jul 22 with 1254 viewsvetchonian

John Eustace on 09:28 - Jul 22 by Catullus

not sure what clubs you play for dictate the manager you become ...look at Brendan what was his playing pedigree?

You are right we cant judge him yet but the question has to be asked why didnt he get the QPR gig after acting as caretaker?
People rememebr him for masterminding that 4-0 defeat against Potters team his only victories were that and a 2-1 win against Sheffield Wednesday.
Again every opportunity is taken to take a swipe at Cooper.
YOu could say Coopers record as a manager in the championship is better than Eustaces but for me he starts with a clean slate and I do hope he does well as I want my club to do well...but lets cut out the cheap shots yes

John Eustace on 17:11 - Jul 22 with 1221 viewsTreforys_Jack

Difficult to argue with most of that.
John Eustace on 17:13 - Jul 22 with 1212 viewsTreforys_Jack

John Eustace on 10:40 - Jul 22 by vetchonian

Good balanced well thought out riposte.
John Eustace on 17:15 - Jul 22 with 1203 viewsmagicdaps10

John Eustace on 17:11 - Jul 22 by Treforys_Jack

Difficult to argue with most of that.

I wouldn't agree with that myself but Coopers issue was always to go out and not lose rather than to go out there and win..... Thomas Frank was certainly a latter type manager and fortune often favours the brave.

Steve Cooper was far from brave and we as a club really need that figure prepared to be brave and trust his team to go out and win the game.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

John Eustace on 17:16 - Jul 22 with 1199 viewsReslovenSwan1

John Eustace on 16:47 - Jul 22 by max936

Cooper, knew he wasn't gonna get the support he needed to kick on this season and maybe get us up in my opinion and probably felt he'd taken us as far as he could with the resources available and the knowledge that he could even be without some of the players he had last season, he probably also knew that fans wanted him gone for the style of football we were playing, weighing all that up both parties were happy for a parting of the ways.

Cooper like Ayew enjoyed the financial advantages he had over most of the opposition team in the Championship over the last two season. He had a three year contract.

Cooper had more money than Brentford, Britstol City, Luton and most of the Championship team. He did not over achieve. The teams below Swansea excluding Bournmouth were on lower incomes. Cooper was told to develop local players and bring them into the first team squad gradually. Cabango for example.

Cooper used the money on expensive elite loans. He failed to get promotion with top talent like Brewster and Gallagher on top of Guehi, Gibbs White , Woodman and Ayew.

Now with a level playing field he should still be looking to come 6th below the para chute teams. A level playing field is no good for Cooper and he cannot compete on those terms so has walked. Cooperball is only successful if it has better players than the opposition.

He does not have to work under the same intolerable terms as Tony Mowbray, Alex Neil and Nigel Pearson and the like. He has a World u17 cup to his name. It smacks of Kenny Jackett and a lack of faith in his own ability to satisfy the Swansea fans.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 17:32]

Wise sage since Toshack era

John Eustace on 17:34 - Jul 22 with 1160 viewsvetchonian

John Eustace on 17:16 - Jul 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper like Ayew enjoyed the financial advantages he had over most of the opposition team in the Championship over the last two season. He had a three year contract.

Cooper had more money than Brentford, Britstol City, Luton and most of the Championship team. He did not over achieve. The teams below Swansea excluding Bournmouth were on lower incomes. Cooper was told to develop local players and bring them into the first team squad gradually. Cabango for example.

Cooper used the money on expensive elite loans. He failed to get promotion with top talent like Brewster and Gallagher on top of Guehi, Gibbs White , Woodman and Ayew.

Now with a level playing field he should still be looking to come 6th below the para chute teams. A level playing field is no good for Cooper and he cannot compete on those terms so has walked. Cooperball is only successful if it has better players than the opposition.

He does not have to work under the same intolerable terms as Tony Mowbray, Alex Neil and Nigel Pearson and the like. He has a World u17 cup to his name. It smacks of Kenny Jackett and a lack of faith in his own ability to satisfy the Swansea fans.

You are obviously on the clubs payroll now you are doing their dirty work to discredit Cooper further

SO Ollie Cooper , Cabango are not local? HE dropped Bennet in favour of Cabango at the seasons end.
Refer back to the tables posted about leaue position v cost or whatever it was
No one has said he didnt get backed the "gripe" is around what happendd in January and as wer know you are so pro Arriola!

YOu really are now showing you are in the either the clubs employ or their back pocket

John Eustace on 17:34 - Jul 22 with 1153 viewsonehunglow

John Eustace on 16:32 - Jul 22 by max936

Which one of Levien and Kaplan is Arkwright and which one is Granville, neither are as funny as Arkwright and Granville that's a fact, they both thought they bought a Supermarket, but when the reality dawned it was a Corner Shop.

FFS,I was thinking more Dev in Corrie.
Quiet shop with shyte staff

John Eustace on 19:13 - Jul 22 with 1051 viewsmax936

John Eustace on 17:34 - Jul 22 by onehunglow

FFS,I was thinking more Dev in Corrie.
Quiet shop with shyte staff

Dev, that's a fair point dull and uninspiring seems to sum Levien and Klaptrap up, they got a few friends on here though, with their false narrative they continually pleat about, I would say that they can't see the wood for the trees, but they've an agenda to keep to, that much is crystal clear.

John Eustace on 19:17 - Jul 22 with 1046 viewsKeithHaynes

John Eustace on 19:13 - Jul 22 by max936

Dev, that's a fair point dull and uninspiring seems to sum Levien and Klaptrap up, they got a few friends on here though, with their false narrative they continually pleat about, I would say that they can't see the wood for the trees, but they've an agenda to keep to, that much is crystal clear.

Please not David Pleat 😲

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

John Eustace on 19:28 - Jul 22 with 1015 viewsBillyChong

John Eustace on 17:16 - Jul 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Ha, you’ve posted some odd stuff but claiming Cooper had more money to spend than Brentford takes the biscuit. Brentford paid £5m (with another potential £5m add ons) for Toney alone last summer! And you can barely class Ayew as a financial resource, he was legacy and would have gone if anyone had wanted him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024