Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rod Gilbert 17:59 - Apr 15 with 5357 viewsswancity

Does anyone find him remotely funny ? About as funny as piles imo 😆c

I’m assuming so as he’s made a career out of it

And who makes you laugh? Of the comedians I mean .

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Rod Gilbert on 20:50 - Apr 15 with 949 viewsHighjack

Rod Gilbert on 20:32 - Apr 15 by Thrasher6

Like many on here....I just find most of the newer lot totally unfunny. Seen so many over the years.
Frank Skinner has always made me laugh. I loved a lot of the old style old school comedians that would tour the club scene in the Seventies and Eighties. Agree with Highjack that the silliness is missing at the moment...

“It’s easy to see why men felt themselves superior, given these fearsome and almighty genitals.”

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Rod Gilbert on 20:50 - Apr 15 with 949 viewsBest_loser

Rod Gilbert on 20:40 - Apr 15 by swancity

My point is he’s not funny

(Some) people will laugh if their granny’s arse is on fire

If you list who you find funny I'm sure some will say they don't find them funny

I never found fools and horses funny, absolute sh1te
Rod Gilbert on 20:51 - Apr 15 with 944 viewsHighjack

Rod Gilbert on 20:50 - Apr 15 by Best_loser

If you list who you find funny I'm sure some will say they don't find them funny

I never found fools and horses funny, absolute sh1te

Bloody hell what’s wrong with you?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Rod Gilbert on 20:52 - Apr 15 with 940 viewsBest_loser

Rod Gilbert on 20:51 - Apr 15 by Highjack

Bloody hell what’s wrong with you?

Good taste
Rod Gilbert on 20:52 - Apr 15 with 938 viewsHighjack

Rod Gilbert on 20:43 - Apr 15 by londonlisa2001

I think Katherine Ryan is funny. I also like Susan Calman on shows like QI. And Sandi Toksvig for that matter. Far better than Stephen Fry doing QI.

Can’t stand Jimmy Carr on those shows. Love David Mitchell.

I get the feeling Stephen Fry always wanted QI to be a more serious show. He’d often get visibly frustrated when it got a bit silly. He’s been far too serious for far too long.

Rod Gilbert on 20:59 - Apr 15 with 920 viewslondonlisa2001

Rod Gilbert on 20:52 - Apr 15 by Highjack

I get the feeling Stephen Fry always wanted QI to be a more serious show. He’d often get visibly frustrated when it got a bit silly. He’s been far too serious for far too long.

I like him but think he’s too taken in by his own reputation as ‘clever’ at times on QI.

I enjoy the lighter touch now.
Rod Gilbert on 21:15 - Apr 15 with 897 viewssquarebear

II don't generally enjoy comedians doing 90 minute sets but I saw Rhod a few years ago at The Lowry. He was shouty but pretty funny. I've enjoyed his TV work (Work Experience, NMTB, TA-YBF).

It's interesting that Katherine Ryan gets a mention. She's the ONLY comedienne I've ever laughed at (admittedly that's based only on her panel show appearances) which troubles me as I don't consider myself to be misogynistic.
Rod Gilbert on 21:17 - Apr 15 with 895 viewswaynekerr55

Rod Gilbert on 18:39 - Apr 15 by Fireboy2

Im the same bryn.

Micky makes me piss myself laughing.

I never tire watching him.

Me and the Mrs got lucky to see him on 8 out of 10 cats just before Television Centre closed for the refurb..

The episode was so close to the bone there was no uncut version, fùcking brilliant

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Rod Gilbert on 21:18 - Apr 15 with 887 viewswaynekerr55

Rod Gilbert on 21:15 - Apr 15 by squarebear

II don't generally enjoy comedians doing 90 minute sets but I saw Rhod a few years ago at The Lowry. He was shouty but pretty funny. I've enjoyed his TV work (Work Experience, NMTB, TA-YBF).

It's interesting that Katherine Ryan gets a mention. She's the ONLY comedienne I've ever laughed at (admittedly that's based only on her panel show appearances) which troubles me as I don't consider myself to be misogynistic.

She was on the show from my last post above. Sean Locke was class too. On Felix Baumgartner

"Dunno what all the fuss is, it's not the most extreme thing an Austrian has done"

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Rod Gilbert on 22:11 - Apr 15 with 848 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rod Gilbert on 20:43 - Apr 15 by londonlisa2001

I think Katherine Ryan is funny. I also like Susan Calman on shows like QI. And Sandi Toksvig for that matter. Far better than Stephen Fry doing QI.

Can’t stand Jimmy Carr on those shows. Love David Mitchell.

Mitchell is a real tour de force on panel shows. Owns WILTY

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rod Gilbert on 22:17 - Apr 15 with 840 viewssainthelens

Rod Gilbert on 22:11 - Apr 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Sean Locke on 8 outa 10 cats ( both formats) is superb. Look up his description of Julian Assange on it...one of the funniest 10 mins ever on a panel show.
Rod Gilbert on 22:51 - Apr 15 with 815 viewsjack2jack

Brilliant comedian. Suitecase handle, million candle torch etc is genius.
No right or wrong answer, it's all personal choice, simple as.
Rod Gilbert on 22:53 - Apr 15 with 813 viewsTreforys_Jack

Rod Gilbert on 19:41 - Apr 15 by swancity

What did he say that made your laugh?

Did you just laugh as everyone else did?

No butt, I have my own opinion and I've liked Rhod for a good few years, the tour he is in the middle of, or should say was in the middle of was his 1st standup performances for over 10yrs. He has had a number of health issues and it was good to se him back on form.
The fact that I enjoyed his performance seems to irk you for some bizarre reason. Oh and I love Micky Flannagan, Frankie Boyle and Kathrine Ryan , hope that's ok
Rod Gilbert on 23:10 - Apr 15 with 798 viewsdickythorpe

Rod Gilbert on 23:41 - Apr 15 with 784 viewsBrynCartwright

Rod Gilbert on 22:11 - Apr 15 by Brynmill_Jack

I think Lee Mack is up there with DM on this show. Dai is particularly great though as his mother was from the Uplands, Peep Show is incredible and his autobiography is a great read.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Rod Gilbert on 08:37 - Apr 16 with 706 viewspencoedjack

Rod Gilbert on 19:56 - Apr 15 by sainthelens

Frank Skinner ( in his younger days) was a brilliant stand up.
But right now Mickey Flanagan is the governor.

Saw Frank Skinner live last year.

Still very funny.
Rod Gilbert on 08:46 - Apr 16 with 696 viewskarnataka

When it comes to comedians & comediennes, there are some I love, some I like, some I can take or leave, some I'm not keen on and some I dislike. I make no apologies if some people disagree with my tastes but that's just the way I am. One thing that has surprised me from this thread though, is that some people like Rhod Gilbert and some don't, the same with Katherine Ryan and many others and it never occurred to me that that would be the case.

And for the poster who described Josie Lawrence as a gilf, she has never had children let alone grandchildren so, by definition, she has never been a milf nor a gilf and now, I suspect, never will be.
Rod Gilbert on 08:55 - Apr 16 with 684 viewsjacktar

I've never had piles so can't give an honest opinion to OP.

I do like Rhod though.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Rod Gilbert on 09:52 - Apr 16 with 658 viewsCatullus

It's easier to name those that I don't find funny, Kumar, Millican, Boyle. There's others but I turn those 3 off most times.
Some of them I find funny on the panel shows but not at stand up, Like Jimmy Carr.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Rod Gilbert on 09:57 - Apr 16 with 647 viewsswancity

Rod Gilbert on 09:52 - Apr 16 by Catullus

It's easier to name those that I don't find funny, Kumar, Millican, Boyle. There's others but I turn those 3 off most times.
Some of them I find funny on the panel shows but not at stand up, Like Jimmy Carr.

Genuinely, I’m staggered that Sarah Millican has made a living from comedy. I’d prefer to have bamboo shoots shoved behind my finger nails quite frankly than watch that crap.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Rod Gilbert on 10:03 - Apr 16 with 637 viewsdunvantjack100

Premier league:

Ricky Gervais (Humanity on Netflix)
Peter Kay
Micky Flanagan
Lee Mack
Sean Lock
Michael McIntyre

Championship:

Rhod Gilbert
John Bishop
Jason Manford
Jack Whitehall (A league of their own, not so much at stand up)
Miranda Hart (on Miranda)

League 1:

Lee Evans (overrated)

Conference:

Jimmy Carr
Frankie Boyle
Russel Howard
Jack Dee
Rod Gilbert on 10:03 - Apr 16 with 635 viewsNotLoyal

Gilbert enjoyed a year of being funny. Unlike eliis Jenkins who isn't funny, maybe he isn't meant to be...

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Rod Gilbert on 10:04 - Apr 16 with 635 viewssainthelens

Rod Gilbert on 09:52 - Apr 16 by Catullus

Kumar is about as funny as being given a ST for legoland.
Surely only on tv for ethnicity balancing.
Rod Gilbert on 10:16 - Apr 16 with 606 viewspencoedjack

Rod Gilbert on 09:57 - Apr 16 by swancity

Genuinely, I’m staggered that Sarah Millican has made a living from comedy. I’d prefer to have bamboo shoots shoved behind my finger nails quite frankly than watch that crap.

Jo Brand has the same effect on me ...
Rod Gilbert on 10:22 - Apr 16 with 598 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rod Gilbert on 23:41 - Apr 15 by BrynCartwright

I think Lee Mack is up there with DM on this show. Dai is particularly great though as his mother was from the Uplands, Peep Show is incredible and his autobiography is a great read.

His mother is from the Uplands? That’s where he obviously gets his razor sharp wit and intellect from.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024