Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our financial position 10:05 - Feb 27 with 6926 viewsDarran

Read the thread.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Our financial position on 07:51 - Feb 29 with 1297 viewsCooperman

Our financial position on 07:12 - Feb 29 by bennytheblue

These people don’t use their own cash funds to buy clubs, they borrow it, thus putting you into debt straight away. On a much bigger scale it’s what the Glazers did at man Utd, something which their fans protest about now. It’s wrong but it’s business.

The concept by which the Glazer’s purchased Man U and the concept of how the Americans purchased a share of SCFC are two completely different scenarios.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Our financial position on 07:53 - Feb 29 with 1293 viewsCooperman

Our financial position on 22:10 - Feb 28 by PentyrchJack

The account charges in the financial statements and it's also what investors do. They are not giving free money to Swansea City AFC. You are deluded to think otherwise.

“Free money”

Our financial position on 08:16 - Feb 29 with 1257 viewsbennytheblue

Our financial position on 07:51 - Feb 29 by Cooperman

The concept by which the Glazer’s purchased Man U and the concept of how the Americans purchased a share of SCFC are two completely different scenarios.

Yes I know, yours is a hedge fund of 28 who all either borrowed or used there own funds to give the yanks fronting it, the glazers are on their own so to speak. Hedge funds don’t put more cash in if needed, they only take out.
Our financial position on 08:42 - Feb 29 with 1254 viewsCooperman

Our financial position on 08:16 - Feb 29 by bennytheblue

Yes I know, yours is a hedge fund of 28 who all either borrowed or used there own funds to give the yanks fronting it, the glazers are on their own so to speak. Hedge funds don’t put more cash in if needed, they only take out.

Ok so you know, great. In that case why did you write what you did in the post that I responded to?

Do you simply write whatever comes into your head?

Our financial position on 09:12 - Feb 29 with 1229 viewsmonmouth

Our financial position on 08:42 - Feb 29 by Cooperman

Ok so you know, great. In that case why did you write what you did in the post that I responded to?

Do you simply write whatever comes into your head?

Write what comes into his head? Nah, that would just be stupid.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Our financial position on 10:17 - Feb 29 with 1188 viewsmajorraglan

Our financial position on 07:18 - Feb 29 by Thornburyswan

Decent summary that Jasper - our club’s issue is not about debt/profit it’s all about cash (cash flow if you prefer), despite the sales/cuts etc we still have too much cash going out vs cash coming in.

From the outside looking in Birch appears to be doing a solid job & making sensible financial decisions & Cooper has played his part by keeping the club in the division. Another tough window ahead where I suspect we’ll either need to exit all the contract ending players & deal in the loan/free markets or need to sell one/two of our more valuable players, such as Rodon, in order to actually have a few ££s to add to the loanees & frees.

The elephant in the room is Ayew who has been doing a great job on the pitch, probably our player of the season, but a very expensive one!

The Ayew situation is an real issue, if he’s on the £4m wages frequently bandied about then that will amount to 25% of next seasons parachute payment which is a huge chunk of the club’s revenue.
Our financial position on 10:17 - Feb 29 with 1185 viewsWarwickHunt

Our financial position on 09:12 - Feb 29 by monmouth

Write what comes into his head? Nah, that would just be stupid.

There’s plenty of room in there...
Our financial position on 12:06 - Feb 29 with 1118 viewsTimTtam

Our financial position on 10:17 - Feb 29 by majorraglan

The Ayew situation is an real issue, if he’s on the £4m wages frequently bandied about then that will amount to 25% of next seasons parachute payment which is a huge chunk of the club’s revenue.

Why are so many people worried about the Ayew situation (financially)?

It's almost a guarantee that Ayew will be leaving at the end of the season. Scoring double digit goals in the Championship so far (should be even higher come season's end) will create several interested clubs. He'll be in the final year of his contract and is on high wages so we won't get a large fee I don't think, but for a PL team who gets desperate next season (Newcastle, Leeds*, Aston Villa, Brighton etc), they could afford those wages.

It creates an issue while he's on the books. Next season he will be off and we will save 4M in annual wages + get a likely transfer fee. It's a squad issue, not a financial one.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Login to get fewer ads

Our financial position on 12:13 - Feb 29 with 1110 viewsjasper_T

Our financial position on 12:06 - Feb 29 by TimTtam

It's almost a guarantee that Ayew will be leaving at the end of the season. Scoring double digit goals in the Championship so far (should be even higher come season's end) will create several interested clubs. He'll be in the final year of his contract and is on high wages so we won't get a large fee I don't think, but for a PL team who gets desperate next season (Newcastle, Leeds*, Aston Villa, Brighton etc), they could afford those wages.

It creates an issue while he's on the books. Next season he will be off and we will save 4M in annual wages + get a likely transfer fee. It's a squad issue, not a financial one.

People have been saying it'll be easy to get him off the books for a few windows now. Believe it when I see it.
Our financial position on 12:31 - Feb 29 with 1088 viewsglanmORJa_k

If you can guarantee that Ayew will be off then I suggest you get a job alongside Birch
Our financial position on 12:51 - Feb 29 with 1073 viewsCooperman

Did you almost guarantee that we would move him on in the summer of 2019?

Our financial position on 13:14 - Feb 29 with 1046 viewsunion_jack

Our financial position on 07:53 - Feb 29 by Cooperman

“Free money”

Yes, you know, the model Cardiff have.

Or so many of them think.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Our financial position on 13:25 - Feb 29 with 1037 viewsbuilthjack

Our financial position on 12:13 - Feb 29 by jasper_T

People have been saying it'll be easy to get him off the books for a few windows now. Believe it when I see it.

He will go on a free. That's the only way another club would afford his wages.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Our financial position on 14:10 - Feb 29 with 1007 viewsjackjackjackjack

Our financial position on 13:25 - Feb 29 by builthjack

He will go on a free. That's the only way another club would afford his wages.

I expect he'll be here next season. He'll get his £80,000 a week, which no other club will pay, and then get a signing-on fee when he joins his next club.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Our financial position on 14:19 - Feb 29 with 994 viewsjasper_T

Our financial position on 14:10 - Feb 29 by jackjackjackjack

I expect he'll be here next season. He'll get his £80,000 a week, which no other club will pay, and then get a signing-on fee when he joins his next club.

We'll get the same % of wage loan offers we've been having for him, and might have to accept the best one we get as our position will be worse than it was this season.

Not done enough to suggest anyone will be keen to throw a new contract at him at or above his current wage.
Our financial position on 14:43 - Feb 29 with 973 viewsexhmrc1

Our financial position on 14:19 - Feb 29 by jasper_T

We'll get the same % of wage loan offers we've been having for him, and might have to accept the best one we get as our position will be worse than it was this season.

Not done enough to suggest anyone will be keen to throw a new contract at him at or above his current wage.

It shouldn't be a problem next season as all the other high earners will either have left or had to signed new contracts on lower wages. Baston, Carroll and Nordfeldt went in January. Naughton, Van der Hoorn, Dyer and Mulder are going this year. The players brought in on loan wont be there. Ayew's estimated £5 million annual earnings will be more than covered by the £15 million parachute payments. The maximum saving on him will be about £5 million unless there is a transfer fee and less if someone pays part of his wages. The big financial issue is recovering the huge transfer fees wasted on players in previous seasons. How much is still to be recovered on the amounts paid for Bony, Clucas, Both Ayews, Mesa, Sanchez and Abrahams loan fees etc. There may be need to further sell to cover these although the fees recovered for Mawson, James and Mcburnie will have gone some way to offset those.

Based on good estimates the income should be around £30 million next year and the wage bill and other costs for next year should be covered by these. It is the year after next without ant parachute payments that might be more problematic.
Our financial position on 14:58 - Feb 29 with 956 viewsmonmouth

Sorry that is simply not accurate. If we could have got shot, he'd already be gone. Few would meet his wage demands, let alone a transfer fee on top. No matter that he's looked good for us, he's simply not worth that sort of money and probably never has been, certainly not the mark 2 post West Ham version.

He needs to do something that allows us to start a media bandwagon so that some deluded PL club (or Leeds or WBA when they go up) will take a punt. Score a spectacular goal or play out of his skin against Leeds or WBA maybe.

I hope you are right about him getting a move, but I certainly don't think it's a foregone conclusion. While he stays he's like a noose around our neck, whatever he does on the pitch, unless he wins the next 9 games for us and then wins the play offs for us too.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Our financial position on 15:22 - Feb 29 with 933 viewsTimTtam

The previous season had Ayew out on loan and struggling in a top flight league. He hasn't been scoring 12+ goals every season. Teams get desperate and if they see a goalscorer who is for sale they will often buy without hesitation, even if it's easjer to score in the 2nd tier. I don't think he'd do that well in the PL or another top flight league, but I can definitely see a team swooping.

Besides, what happened to all the people who were worried that Ayew would be bought in January? There were definitely a few on here. If they thought he may be bought then, the logic also applies in the summer.

My name is Matt

Our financial position on 01:06 - Mar 1 with 846 viewsTNT

Our financial position on 14:58 - Feb 29 by monmouth

Sorry that is simply not accurate. If we could have got shot, he'd already be gone. Few would meet his wage demands, let alone a transfer fee on top. No matter that he's looked good for us, he's simply not worth that sort of money and probably never has been, certainly not the mark 2 post West Ham version.

He needs to do something that allows us to start a media bandwagon so that some deluded PL club (or Leeds or WBA when they go up) will take a punt. Score a spectacular goal or play out of his skin against Leeds or WBA maybe.

I hope you are right about him getting a move, but I certainly don't think it's a foregone conclusion. While he stays he's like a noose around our neck, whatever he does on the pitch, unless he wins the next 9 games for us and then wins the play offs for us too.

If you want to save forty thousand pounds a week, move Naughton on.

At least Ayew is making a good contribution to our season. We've squandered money on worse, Mon.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Our financial position on 03:49 - Mar 1 with 816 viewsjack247

Our financial position on 10:17 - Feb 29 by majorraglan

If he is here next season, he will be the only player left on a legacy Premier League contract (I think Roberts, Grimes and Fulton all renewed since relegation), therefore in theory, 25% of our parachute payment, which is a mechanism to protect clubs against high wages on reduced income, is 25% of a bonus most of our competitors won’t have.
Our financial position on 04:22 - Mar 1 with 812 viewsdameedna

We could still be promoted. That would change the dynamic.
Our financial position on 08:18 - Mar 1 with 777 viewsBillyChong

Our financial position on 10:06 - Feb 27 by Darran

Especially this bit.

“Running a top level football club” who’s he kidding?
Our financial position on 09:20 - Mar 1 with 757 viewsTimTtam

Our financial position on 04:22 - Mar 1 by dameedna

We could still be promoted. That would change the dynamic.

I'm not even considering that. I don't want to think about it, since it's so unlikely. The way I see it the only way we go up is if I'm not expecting it / have given up hope.

If your scenario happens, he's staying for sure, and wages wouldn't be an issue at all.

My name is Matt

Our financial position on 09:23 - Mar 1 with 753 viewsmajorraglan

Our financial position on 01:06 - Mar 1 by TNT

If you want to save forty thousand pounds a week, move Naughton on.

At least Ayew is making a good contribution to our season. We've squandered money on worse, Mon.

VDH, Naughton, Dyer, Mulder and Routledge all out of contract in June which is potentially around £100k per week r £5m pa (if not a little more ) off the books, if Ayew is also moved on you can more or less double that figure. That should hopefully see the club moving back on to a more Ben keel.
Our financial position on 11:41 - Mar 1 with 723 viewsNookiejack

Any news on the legal action Darren? That must be another month gone by?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024