Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stateside Jacks 17:40 - Feb 4 with 15066 viewsHeadmaster

Seem to be on top of things.

Stateside Jacks on 17:59 - Feb 5 with 2404 viewsMuteswan

Stateside Jacks on 17:45 - Feb 5 by monmouth

I'd bet on this being very close to the truth. they trusted Jenkins absolutely to keep the JTAK dream alive. But not sure about the sense of that when they saw how close we came the year they bought us. I reckon there was a very heavy sales pitch coming from the very desperate sellers, and they just fell for it.

This is why I expect them to be pitiless with him after his No Deal Jenksit, whether he leapt off the ship or made to walk the plank. Depends if he has anything on them I suppose.

No deal Jenksit 😂
Stateside Jacks on 18:53 - Feb 5 with 2338 viewsstAteSwan

Stateside Jacks on 20:54 - Feb 4 by jack247

Whilst I get where you’re coming from, I just can’t buy that they would spend the best part of £70m (albeit hedge fund money), without fully understanding the possibility and potential financial implications of relegation. They may be used to the American system, but they aren’t stupid men.

As far as I see it, they just saw a PL club, undervalued because the sellers were desperate to cash in while they could get PL money for our shares, bought with the intention of keeping us up as cheaply as possible, then selling us a few years on, maybe after the next TV deal, for a chunky profit.

Last paragraph, I can’t disagree with at all.

I probably should phrase this better. I think that Levien and Kaplan knew what relegation was. (There's been a growing movement to implement it in the US after the National Team missed the last World Cup) I just don't think they understood the razor thin margins that we were walking on when they took over.

You can't get away with poor managerial appointments (See Bradley, Bob) and you can't get away with poor transfer windows for very long. Not when you have the budget that we have.

They should have asked HJ to step aside immediately after that disastrous window where we waited way too late to sell Gylfi.
Stateside Jacks on 18:55 - Feb 5 with 2329 viewsDarran

Stateside Jacks on 18:53 - Feb 5 by stAteSwan

I probably should phrase this better. I think that Levien and Kaplan knew what relegation was. (There's been a growing movement to implement it in the US after the National Team missed the last World Cup) I just don't think they understood the razor thin margins that we were walking on when they took over.

You can't get away with poor managerial appointments (See Bradley, Bob) and you can't get away with poor transfer windows for very long. Not when you have the budget that we have.

They should have asked HJ to step aside immediately after that disastrous window where we waited way too late to sell Gylfi.

What I was told from a very good sauce is that Jenkins would have sold Gylfi much earlier and it was Kaplan trying to squeeze every penny out of Everton.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Stateside Jacks on 19:00 - Feb 5 with 2319 viewsstAteSwan

Stateside Jacks on 18:55 - Feb 5 by Darran

What I was told from a very good sauce is that Jenkins would have sold Gylfi much earlier and it was Kaplan trying to squeeze every penny out of Everton.

That very well might be true...but again it shows that there has been a major disconnect between HJ and the new ownership since the take over. The best solution in that situation is to ask him to step aside, and appoint someone who will follow what you want.

Of course, there's a bunch of blame on Jenkins as well for not doing his due diligence in terms of who he was selling the club to. I was worried the minute Levien was brought in and a DC United Supporter famously told me "everything he touches turns to S**t"
Stateside Jacks on 19:04 - Feb 5 with 2301 viewsLoyal

Stateside Jacks on 19:00 - Feb 5 by stAteSwan

That very well might be true...but again it shows that there has been a major disconnect between HJ and the new ownership since the take over. The best solution in that situation is to ask him to step aside, and appoint someone who will follow what you want.

Of course, there's a bunch of blame on Jenkins as well for not doing his due diligence in terms of who he was selling the club to. I was worried the minute Levien was brought in and a DC United Supporter famously told me "everything he touches turns to S**t"

He did his due diligence, blanked the trust, didn't involve them in talks or the sale because they publicly didn't support a sale to another consortium. He and the others cunningly and in my opinion for their own reasons which were financial took us here and they should never be allowed back.

Don't be conciliatory, that time is well over.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Stateside Jacks on 19:17 - Feb 5 with 2276 viewsstAteSwan

Stateside Jacks on 19:04 - Feb 5 by Loyal

He did his due diligence, blanked the trust, didn't involve them in talks or the sale because they publicly didn't support a sale to another consortium. He and the others cunningly and in my opinion for their own reasons which were financial took us here and they should never be allowed back.

Don't be conciliatory, that time is well over.

Oh, make no mistake. Levien and Kaplan need to go, and Jenkins shouldn't be welcomed back any time soon. I am simply trying to figure out what could have been done a couple years ago before we were relegated, that might have at least avoided this mess.

Perhaps there is none. Just simply pondering over some possibilities in my head.
Stateside Jacks on 22:52 - Feb 5 with 2174 viewsCroftyjack

Stateside Jacks on 19:16 - Feb 4 by stAteSwan

I'll throw this out there before I'm calling it a day. Apparently spending time posting on UK based fan forums is frowned upon at my work.

I don't believe that tweeting the hedge fund group is going to have the effect you hope it does. Levien and Kaplan likely don't understand supporters anger, and will probably just respond by blocking or deleting their account. The other investors own such a small stake that they probably have no idea that they even own the club.

I know the concept of protesting is not seen as a positive here. But until you can get the Supporters Groups to use official methods to get their attention, the best way to get the attention of them is to hit them where it hurts...financially. The chants are great, but I guarantee you Levien and Kaplan expect you guys to be pacified now that Jenkins is gone. Why, because that's how it would work in the US. If the club is struggling, if supporters are angry, you sack the person you have running the club, get rid of all of your top earners, gut the club from top to bottom and start over.

Unfortunately, attempting that at Swansea probably puts the club back in League 2.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 19:19]

Youre right about the investors...I have had 2 responses via email stating that they know nothing about the football club but both have investments whereby they use brokers so have no idea on what they are involved with...that would mean surely that Kaplan/Levein are in contact with brokers.
Surely if this is true then they have full say on things and do not speak to the investors on decisions as they aren't involved directly.
One I have had a reply from is very wealthy indeed and a respected entrepreneur.
Stateside Jacks on 23:21 - Feb 5 with 2130 viewsJonathans_coat

Stateside Jacks on 22:52 - Feb 5 by Croftyjack

Youre right about the investors...I have had 2 responses via email stating that they know nothing about the football club but both have investments whereby they use brokers so have no idea on what they are involved with...that would mean surely that Kaplan/Levein are in contact with brokers.
Surely if this is true then they have full say on things and do not speak to the investors on decisions as they aren't involved directly.
One I have had a reply from is very wealthy indeed and a respected entrepreneur.

I think this is a key point. Most of the twenty something people in the “investment group” have little idea that they part own a football club. They’ve just given thier money to a broker or an investment banker and told them to make more money with it. Even worse for us, is that these people will have large portfolios spreading multiple small value investments in an array of different businesses, therefore reducing the risk, and increasing the chances of “backing a winner” so to speak.

So the upshot is, they have invested such a small percentage of their wealth in SCFC, they don’t really care if we succeed or fail. They didn’t choose us because they had any feeling whatsoever for the club, in fact THEY probably didn’t choose us at all. They had likely never even heard of us, just thier brokers have been persuaded by JL and SK to give them some money with the potential of it returning with some interest.

It is difficult to argue that having owners who fundamentally don’t care about you is a good thing for our club, but it appears some seem to be putting in a great deal of effort to do so.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 23:25]
Login to get fewer ads

Stateside Jacks on 00:49 - Feb 6 with 2095 viewsSwanjaxs

Stateside Jacks, Levine, Kaplan, Mindy whatever her name is..... fack them all, fed up to the back teeth with all these Americans.... #yanksout every fackin one of them. 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Stateside Jacks on 08:38 - Feb 6 with 1970 viewsMuteswan

Stateside Jacks on 00:49 - Feb 6 by Swanjaxs

Stateside Jacks, Levine, Kaplan, Mindy whatever her name is..... fack them all, fed up to the back teeth with all these Americans.... #yanksout every fackin one of them. 👍

Stateside Jacks ? What have they done wrong ? Are you not allowed to follow a team if you’re not from the area ? If not, then why did you post this ?

Secret crush 😍 21:41 - Dec 30 with 1388 views Swanjaxs

We all love the Swans right 👍 but we've all got a "second club" we hold close to our hearts? So come on lads time to front up.... I'll go first:
Lowerstoft Town 💙

Just got something against all Americans have you?
Stateside Jacks on 08:47 - Feb 6 with 1953 viewsSwanjaxs

Stateside Jacks on 08:38 - Feb 6 by Muteswan

Stateside Jacks ? What have they done wrong ? Are you not allowed to follow a team if you’re not from the area ? If not, then why did you post this ?

Secret crush 😍 21:41 - Dec 30 with 1388 views Swanjaxs

We all love the Swans right 👍 but we've all got a "second club" we hold close to our hearts? So come on lads time to front up.... I'll go first:
Lowerstoft Town 💙

Just got something against all Americans have you?

Ooooo I've got a stalker 😯 .... listen up boyo.... had a tìtfull of everything American around MY club ... clear enough for you 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Stateside Jacks on 08:55 - Feb 6 with 1936 viewsMattG

Stateside Jacks on 22:52 - Feb 5 by Croftyjack

"SK: All of the limited partners — and they truly are limited partners in that they have no say in what happens at the club — are Americans.

Most are from California and, for the most part, they are colleagues of mine who, when I’m not here in Swansea, will be at my house having ‘watch parties’ when the games are on.

It’s not as if we’re just the front for others behind us or anything like that. They are friends, family, who want to share this experience with us. It’s nothing more than that."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-takeover
Stateside Jacks on 09:19 - Feb 6 with 1911 viewsMuteswan

Stateside Jacks on 08:47 - Feb 6 by Swanjaxs

Ooooo I've got a stalker 😯 .... listen up boyo.... had a tìtfull of everything American around MY club ... clear enough for you 👍

Not a stalker ,I just remember you said you supported 2 teams. So are they both YOUR clubs?
I’m pretty sure that many of the Stateside Jacks were born here and consider Swansea to be THEIR club too. I know some personally and they were definitely born here.
Stateside Jacks on 09:20 - Feb 6 with 1909 views34dfgdf54

That’s a sh*t small minded post.
Stateside Jacks on 09:23 - Feb 6 with 1900 views34dfgdf54

Stateside Jacks on 09:19 - Feb 6 by Muteswan

Not a stalker ,I just remember you said you supported 2 teams. So are they both YOUR clubs?
I’m pretty sure that many of the Stateside Jacks were born here and consider Swansea to be THEIR club too. I know some personally and they were definitely born here.

Who cares if they were born in Swansea.

I’m sorry, but Rich (Perchie) was right. Some of you have got some village herbet tendencies. I wasn’t born in Swansea, I invite anyone to come and see me and tell me to clear off.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 9:27]
Stateside Jacks on 09:29 - Feb 6 with 1881 viewsMuteswan

Stateside Jacks on 09:23 - Feb 6 by 34dfgdf54

I’m sorry, but Rich (Perchie) was right. Some of you have got some village herbet tendencies. I wasn’t born in Swansea, I invite anyone to come and see me and tell me to clear off.

I have no problem with anyone supporting Swansea, where ever they were born. I think you might have got the wrong meaning from my post. Just defending the right to support a team even from a different country.
Stateside Jacks on 09:35 - Feb 6 with 1860 views34dfgdf54

Stateside Jacks on 09:29 - Feb 6 by Muteswan

I have no problem with anyone supporting Swansea, where ever they were born. I think you might have got the wrong meaning from my post. Just defending the right to support a team even from a different country.

My post was aimed more at who you were debating with and those on here who have previously mentioned fans which are not from Swansea in the past.

Sorry if came across as giving you grief.
Stateside Jacks on 10:05 - Feb 6 with 1833 viewsRico1983

What an absolutely ridiculous post. Should you only be able allowed to support us if you were born and live in an SA postcode? Give your head a wobble.
Stateside Jacks on 10:18 - Feb 6 with 1821 viewscrix

youre fed up with everything american huh? maybe change your profile pic then.
Stateside Jacks on 10:27 - Feb 6 with 1803 viewsSwanjaxs

Stateside Jacks on 09:23 - Feb 6 by 34dfgdf54

Risca in America is it?

Stateside Jacks on 10:39 - Feb 6 with 1779 viewsandypitt56

Pathetic.. Grow up mate, Im English but i support Swansea.

Face the facts since we have been in the prem the fan base has grown far and wide. I for one think it is fantastic, and It is certainly good for the area of Swansea.
Stateside Jacks on 10:45 - Feb 6 with 1768 viewsMuteswan

Stateside Jacks on 09:35 - Feb 6 by 34dfgdf54

My post was aimed more at who you were debating with and those on here who have previously mentioned fans which are not from Swansea in the past.

Sorry if came across as giving you grief.

No problem 👍
Stateside Jacks on 11:05 - Feb 6 with 1734 viewsDarran

I don’t fully agree with Swanjax post but the majority of Stateside Jacks have probably never been out of the States. Who are they to be emailing the owners of this football club?
I’m not having a go I just find it a bit strange with them being so far away and all the shit that’s going on here.
I like Jonathan we follow each on Twitter and have spoken several times but this just seems a bit of an odd one to me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Stateside Jacks on 11:16 - Feb 6 with 1714 viewslonglostjack

Stateside Jacks on 11:05 - Feb 6 by Darran

I don’t fully agree with Swanjax post but the majority of Stateside Jacks have probably never been out of the States. Who are they to be emailing the owners of this football club?
I’m not having a go I just find it a bit strange with them being so far away and all the shit that’s going on here.
I like Jonathan we follow each on Twitter and have spoken several times but this just seems a bit of an odd one to me.

It must be because we're the Man Utd of Wales.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Stateside Jacks on 11:16 - Feb 6 with 1714 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Stateside Jacks on 11:05 - Feb 6 by Darran

The fact that they’re emailing the owners of the football club suggests that they’re doing more than most of the people in Swansea.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024